Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

You cannot run or distribute different versions of Hydrocraft, unfortunately.

I had assumed that the older versions had been archived somewhere by Hydro, himself.

Well I guess that means that I simply cannot use Hydrocraft, since I refuse to play with new weapons which are invisible (using IWBUMS without the new models), and also refuse to play with randomly broken problems like shoes that you roll like a D6 (32.30 with Hydrocraft 4.9 and a few minor mods, God Knows what happened there)

This is so unfortunate. It's so hard to stay entertained in this game without the additions which HC makes. The game feels so dull without it!

Since Hydrocraft is used by so many people and servers I have to use the method that messes up the less amount. Which means things like no 3D weapons, no new build 33 specific items or recipes yet (will be added once build 33 is stable release) and trying to avoid messing with weapons too much due to the other large weapons mods.

Since Hydrocraft is used by so many people and servers I have to use the method that messes up the less amount.

You kill servers until we're able to restart (or manually update, on Linux) by not allowing us to pack the mod into our own mod packs, though. Both Zeeks and Redboid were dead for over 10 hours today. Any incorrect sprites or changes to item type salso have immediate reprocussions from which we can't recover.

So it really doesn't prevent anything from being messed up.

Hydrocraft is separate from the ORGM real gun mod, which is separate from the model loader (to make them not invisible).

Yes,they are. Meaning that I must choose between ORGM without Hydrocraft on 32.30 or Hydrocraft without ORGM on IWBUMS. It's not just the guns, but quite a few smaller mods which glitch on me.

Since Hydrocraft is used by so many people and servers I have to use the method that messes up the less amount.

You kill servers until we're able to restart (or manually update, on Linux) by not allowing us to pack the mod into our own mod packs, though. Both Zeeks and Redboid were dead for over 10 hours today. Any incorrect sprites or changes to item type salso have immediate reprocussions from which we can't recover.

Dead because the server was not updated to v5.0 or did 5.0 break something?

Hydrocraft is separate from the ORGM real gun mod, which is separate from the model loader (to make them not invisible).

Yes,they are. Meaning that I must choose between ORGM without Hydrocraft on 32.30 or Hydrocraft without ORGM on IWBUMS. It's not just the guns, but quite a few smaller mods which glitch on me.

What is the conflict between ORGM and Hydrocraft? They should be able to work together unless something happened on ORGM's end. I have purposefully not messed with base game guns because of mods like this.

Dead because the server was not updated to v5.0 or did 5.0 break something?

Dead becuase the server was not updated.

Whereas if we packed our own version, we could update our mod pack the same day, without long periods of people being unable to play.

Edit; Seems people are reporting losing machinery on the server now. Checking. Mines?

You cannot run or distribute different versions of Hydrocraft, unfortunately.

I had assumed that the older versions had been archived somewhere by Hydro, himself.

Well I guess that means that I simply cannot use Hydrocraft, since I refuse to play with new weapons which are invisible (using IWBUMS without the new models), and also refuse to play with randomly broken problems like shoes that you roll like a D6 (32.30 with Hydrocraft 4.9 and a few minor mods, God Knows what happened there)

This is so unfortunate. It's so hard to stay entertained in this game without the additions which HC makes. The game feels so dull without it!

Since Hydrocraft is used by so many people and servers I have to use the method that messes up the less amount. Which means things like no 3D weapons, no new build 33 specific items or recipes yet (will be added once build 33 is stable release) and trying to avoid messing with weapons too much due to the other large weapons mods.

Fair enough. I look forward to being able to play with your mod again, some day. There is so much awesome.

But do consider keeping a stable older version around. No extra coding required, just a bit of extra storage.

Whereas if we packed our own version, we could update our mod pack the same day, without long periods of people being unable to play.

Edit; Seems people are reporting losing machinery on the server now. Checking. Mines?

1. Then they should set their Hydrocraft steam update setting to manual. And only update when you have updated your server.

2. I have not messed with mines in the last update. Also what kind of machinery?

Fair enough. I look forward to being able to play with your mod again, some day. There is so much awesome.

But do consider keeping a stable older version around. No extra coding required, just a bit of extra storage.

Considering I try to update once a week that would be a lot of old versions. Both steam and pz-mods don't support old versions like that so I would need to find yet another place to host. And that is getting ridiculous that I even have to upload twice per week already. Likewise having old versions floating around greatly increases getting bug reports from old versions. Which is both annoying and counter productive.

1. Then they should set their Hydrocraft steam update setting to manual. And only update when you have updated your server.

2. I have not messed with mines in the last update. Also what kind of machinery?

1. There is no manual setting for workshop mods.

2. Looks like you changed the recipe at some point from sift dirt to shift dirt, but that doesn't explain why mines have vanished, no.

All I'm (we're, since I'm sure Zeek and New Dawn could both make good use of this) is the ability to package the current version of Hydrocraft into server-exclusive mod pack, so there's a few hours lee-way on updates. You wouldn't have to do anything, or worry about additional bug reports.

2. Looks like you changed the recipe at some point from sift dirt to shift dirt, but that doesn't explain why mines have vanished, no.

All I'm (we're, since I'm sure Zeek and New Dawn could both make good use of this) is the ability to package the current version of Hydrocraft into server-exclusive mod pack, so there's a few hours lee-way on updates. You wouldn't have to do anything, or worry about additional bug reports.

New Dawn did for awhile have a separate download. However when steam came it was not useful anymore since the game requires you have the same mod subscription. Meaning for instance having a separate download won't work unless they subscribe to that subscription.

Which in turn means that every server will want their own separate mod even if they are exactly the same. Which then means if you visit other servers you have to keep re-downloading the same file even if you already have Hydrocraft for Redboid.

And of course on my end it means less subscribes to my mod directly.

As for the "manual setting", well there should be. It would solve this issue with mods and server not getting in sync

Make leather recipe is broken with this patch.  It only gives us the option to use a bucket with tannin, no dried skin. 

You may need to re-read the Leatherworking Textbook. The leather working system was redone.

You may need to re-read the Leatherworking Textbook. The leather working system was redone.

Yep I did re-read and received the new recepies but the original leather recipe still only states tannin is needed

http://imgur.com/WwYS1Gz

Aww poop. Looks like the new Limed Animal Fur item is missing.

This is what it should be.

recipe Make Leather    {    HCWoodenbuckettan,    HCAnimalfurlime,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCLeather,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:15,    Category:Weaving,    OnCreate:recipe_hcwoodenbucket,    }

It shall be fixed for v5.1. Sorry about that. In the meantime collect all the Limestone you can in prep.

New Dawn did for awhile have a separate download. However when steam came it was not useful anymore since the game requires you have the same mod subscription. Meaning for instance having a separate download won't work unless they subscribe to that subscription.

That's right. It's not useful to have a non-workshop version of the download, but it is very useful to to be able to keep the server online after an update and for it not to suffer critical errors becuase, say, Staples or Ants detonates it.

Which in turn means that every server will want their own separate mod even if they are exactly the same. Which then means if you visit other servers you have to keep re-downloading the same file even if you already have Hydrocraft for Redboid.

I think you'd find both sever owners and players would be cool with that, if it meant they got to play the game, rather than be locked out.

As for the "manual setting", well there should be. It would solve this issue with mods and server not getting in sync

There isn't. I doubt Steam will add one, either.

And of course on my end it means less subscribes to my mod directly.

As a dev / modder I understand the downloads-factor - back in the day I thought the same way... It's a bit like the good old "Facebook likes".

In my opinion you are actually limiting your "target audience" by not allowing your mod to be packaged. I'm sure a lot more people would get exposed to your work through servers. I wonder if there would be any noticeable difference in the download rates at all. Even if you don't get the downloads you get the recognition for your work and make a few more people happy (and I guess that's what EG was trying to say as well :D).

I can see your point here too. But as far as I can tell most people have their favorite servers they'll stick too and how many servers does one have to visit before the download of one extra mod (bundled with a bunch of others) becomes a problem?

The only possible problem I could see with something like this is that servers might use an outdated version of your mod but that could be avoided by adding a changelog file or just a txt file naming the version. So when people report bugs you can ask them what version they are using -> not a problem anymore.

It's your work and you get to decide - just my 2 cents ;)

P.S.: Last but not least, have you thought about putting the mod on github?

That's right. It's not useful to have a non-workshop version of the download, but it is very useful to to be able to keep the server online after an update and for it not to suffer critical errors becuase, say, Staples or Ants detonates it.

I think you'd find both sever owners and players would be cool with that, if it meant they got to play the game, rather than be locked out.

I agree, this would give us more time to address the updates rather than suffer an extended lockout period if an update is pushed in the middle or the night or while we are not around. 

Anyone figure out the fine leather recipe yet?

recipe Make Fine Leather    {    HCWoodenbucketrose,    HCAnimalfurlime,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCLeatherfine,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:15,    Category:Weaving,    OnCreate:recipe_hcwoodenbucket,    }

However as stated before, Limed Animal Fur is broken at the moment. So you will have to wait until v5.1 Sorry.

hello, i have a sugestion, we can find a way to make flour? i like the idea of make mi own bread :).

You can already make flour.

recipe Grind Acorn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCAcornsoaked=24,       	keep HCMortarandpestle,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:2000,       	Category:Cooking,     }	recipe Grind Corn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	Corn=5,       	keep HCMortarandpestle,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Cornflour,        	Time:2000,       	Category:Cooking,     }recipe Grind Rice Flour    {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCRice=2,       	keep HCMortarandpestle,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:2000,       	Category:Cooking,    }recipe Grind Acorn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCAcornsoaked=24,       	keep HCGrindstone,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:1000,       	Category:Cooking,     }	recipe Grind Corn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	Corn=5,       	keep HCGrindstone,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Cornflour,        	Time:1000,       	Category:Cooking,     }recipe Grind Rice Flour    {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCRice=2,       	keep HCGrindstone,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:1000,       	Category:Cooking,    }

hello, i have a sugestion, we can find a way to make flour? i like the idea of make mi own bread :).

You can already make flour.

recipe Grind Acorn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCAcornsoaked=24,       	keep HCMortarandpestle,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:2000,       	Category:Cooking,     }	recipe Grind Corn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	Corn=5,       	keep HCMortarandpestle,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Cornflour,        	Time:2000,       	Category:Cooking,     }recipe Grind Rice Flour    {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCRice=2,       	keep HCMortarandpestle,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:2000,       	Category:Cooking,    }recipe Grind Acorn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCAcornsoaked=24,       	keep HCGrindstone,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:1000,       	Category:Cooking,     }	recipe Grind Corn Flour     {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	Corn=5,       	keep HCGrindstone,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Cornflour,        	Time:1000,       	Category:Cooking,     }recipe Grind Rice Flour    {       	SkillRequired:Cooking=5,       	HCRice=2,       	keep HCGrindstone,    	CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,       	Result:Flour,        	Time:1000,       	Category:Cooking,    }

were can find the extra seeds? i only find pumpkind :(

Hello mod developer:

I translated Hydrocraft mod items and recipes to Turkish. Can you add the translation files in the mod ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wn90k6v7ipijasy/Hydrocraft_Mod_TR.rar?dl=0

Thanks.

Edit: Updated to version v5.0.

Thank you! And I sure will!

Thank you too :)

I'm continue to update Turkish translation for your newer versions of the mod.