Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Something that needs to be seriously considered is what happens if a person is overwhelmed by zombies and can't unload their wagon, wheelbarrow, etc. fast enough.  I have died twice now with one of these items and when I go back to my body, I can't get my loot.  I've tried sticking the wheelbarrow/wagon into another storage container I'm using, but then I can't remove it from that container.  So, I end up losing two containers instead of one.  It's becoming very frustrating, as I'm spending hours looting important stuff, and then losing it all because a few zombies catch up to me and stunlock me.

Something that needs to be seriously considered is what happens if a person is overwhelmed by zombies and can't unload their wagon, wheelbarrow, etc. fast enough.  I have died twice now with one of these items and when I go back to my body, I can't get my loot.  I've tried sticking the wheelbarrow/wagon into another storage container I'm using, but then I can't remove it from that container.  So, I end up losing two containers instead of one.  It's becoming very frustrating, as I'm spending hours looting important stuff, and then losing it all because a few zombies catch up to me and stunlock me.

Yeah, it's a thing that can be really frustrating. And the sole try to put a container wheighing more than 50 pounds (a loaded wheelbarrow f.e.) into another equipped wheelbarrow/handdolly etc. seems to be a deathtrap for the char, too. you won't be able to get any of them out of your inventory again.

Jaspymon had the idea of adding some rare world containers that hold maybe 600 pounds to the mod, that would at least be a possibility to solve the wheelbarrow-deathtrap-issue I think? Or can you dispose of the heavy container in your inv into toxic waste/acid, is that a thing?

And in regards to picking up full wagons, maybe adding a mod that allows you to pick up *equip one item from ground/container that wheighs more than 50 pounds (to avoid exploiting the function with regular items) as long as you aren't overloaded yet would help?

Greetings!

Bug report: found 1 so far.

Gunsmithing book does nothing at all. Nothing to learn and no happiness buffs or anything at all. Useless 100% unless you just want to rip it up for other means.

no, not really. The book is used in some other recipes, so it does have a use

Ok, so there is another use for it but it still adds nothing on it's own. As in reading it and getting any form of boost like regaining a bit of happiness.

Yeah, it's a thing that can be really frustrating. And the sole try to put a container wheighing more than 50 pounds (a loaded wheelbarrow f.e.) into another equipped wheelbarrow/handdolly etc. seems to be a deathtrap for the char, too. you won't be able to get any of them out of your inventory again.

Jaspymon had the idea of adding some rare world containers that hold maybe 600 pounds to the mod, that would at least be a possibility to solve the wheelbarrow-deathtrap-issue I think? Or can you dispose of the heavy container in your inv into toxic waste/acid, is that a thing?

And in regards to picking up full wagons, maybe adding a mod that allows you to pick up *equip one item from ground/container that wheighs more than 50 pounds (to avoid exploiting the function with regular items) as long as you aren't overloaded yet would help?

Greetings!

Another thing I thought about was the possibility of having an "Unload" feature.  When right-clicking on a container in your inventory, it would "Unload" that container directly onto the ground until the ground reached maximum capacity.  I could unload the wagon-ception on the ground one cell at a time until the wagon inside became light enough to move out of the outer wagon.  This would avoid the issue of exploiting wagons and wheelbarrows as storage containers, as you could not set it on the ground, but would solve the problem I keep having without losing all materials I've gathered, both of my wagons, and my character.

This most likelly stupid question asked at wrong place but, once you make a wooden crate, how to place it to be usable as storage furniture in hydrocraft, and to be able to stack three of such one over another?   All I got is wooden crate 10 capacity, 10 reduction or like, and is small and can only be droped on floor, cant place it with furniture place order.  Didnt play PZ for some time and I dont dare to remove it for vanila testing (crate making) to not mess my save or something but can we still make those large crates for item chaos control :/ ?

This most likelly stupid question asked at wrong place but, once you make a wooden crate, how to place it to be usable as storage furniture in hydrocraft, and to be able to stack three of such one over another?   All I got is wooden crate 10 capacity, 10 reduction or like, and is small and can only be droped on floor, cant place it with furniture place order.  Didnt play PZ for some time and I dont dare to remove it for vanila testing (crate making) to not mess my save or something but can we still make those large crates for item chaos control :/ ?

The wooden crate that you can make and drop on the ground is different from the crates you see that are placed on the ground like walls, or chairs etc.

To make the placeable wooden crate that can be stacked, have hammer, nails and planks in your inventory, then right click on the ground near you where you would like to place the crate. When the menu pops up, there is the option "walk to" and "Build" the build menu is where you want to find "Wooden crate" Once you build one, you can do the same action to build another, but press the "R" key, and it changes the height of the crate, so it allows you to place it on top of other crates.

Suggestion:

Making bladed items should raise your Blade Maintenance, and making Blunt objects should raise your Blunt Maintenance.

Reason i say this, is that you need higher blade maintenance now to make the higher level blades. Which really doesn't make sense, a blacksmith doesn't need to go out and kill stuff to be able to create the bigger swords, he needs to practice making more weapons.

I realize i could just edit the recipe to take away the need for maintenance skill to create the higher level weapons, but i like the progression aspect, i just wish it was more realistic.

Besides, it would give players who prefer to craft in MP to be able to work their way up to making great swords by mining and smithing, as opposed to hacking at zombies.

Historical note, there is a reason the last name "Smith" is a very numerous in the phone book. People used to be named for their profession, and "smiths" blacksmiths etc Didn't get sent off to war, they were needed back at home to make more swords, so they had more chances to make kids than the warriors who were sent off to die.

This is why there are more "Smiths" and less "The Great" or "The Brave" :P

The wooden crate that you can make and drop on the ground is different from the crates you see that are placed on the ground like walls, or chairs etc.

To make the placeable wooden crate that can be stacked, have hammer, nails and planks in your inventory, then right click on the ground near you where you would like to place the crate. When the menu pops up, there is the option "walk to" and "Build" the build menu is where you want to find "Wooden crate" Once you build one, you can do the same action to build another, but press the "R" key, and it changes the height of the crate, so it allows you to place it on top of other crates.

Thak you you save my life and stop me in making hundreds of useless wooden crates!

First of all, i really llove your mod and i have very much fun playing it, its something i was looking for a long time. (clyde)

Ok thats said,  i have some questions, and i hope you can help me.

Is it intended that not all veggy(and some meat too, cant be turned into compost? Iam just wondering, so iam just curoius.

The other question is also related to farming,  you have many level 10 farming items, iam just wondering where you get the seeds for this kind of stuff, i mean when i reach level 10 in farming all the needed food is rotten.

Due the book foraging i was able to find a orange, so iam wondering if i will find with this help the needed seeds (items) for the level 10 recipes.

Hydrocraft v4.8 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Many minor small fixes and icon updates.

- Fixed Spiked Barricades and Stone Pillar for Multiplayer (needs feedback from multiplayer servers)

- Added Russian Translation by Humort

- Added 32 new spices from the Spice Mod by kinyoshi!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Spikes are not visable in MP. Will pm you the console log

Edit= Could not find the log sense the console updated during server reboot. Is there any other way or method for me to extract the info you might need?

Edited by Omenchild

Hola friends! new here and just had a question... Im trying out the trapping, I am lvl 2 currently and have only managed to catch birds and rabbits, So my question is...

1. How do I go about trapping the other animals? Beavers,racoons,possums ,ect

2. Can I take a trapped rabbit and put them in an empty animal cage so I can get my rabbit hutch going? "Iv'e been using the box trap not the snare"

Loving the mod, Cant play PZ without it :)

Hydrocraft v4.9 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Unknown Mushroom bug.

- Reduce spice spawning rate at supermarket.

- Added 21 more spices from the Spice mod by kinyoshi.

- Added 6 packs of soda pop.

- Added Canned Cream of Chicken.

- Added Blackberry Pie and Cornbread.

- Added Bag of Sunflower Seeds

- Added Box of Chalk

- Added 6 new foragables.

- Added a craftable saw made of stone! (For those having trouble finding a saw in the wilderness.)

Enjoy!

Hola friends! new here and just had a question... Im trying out the trapping, I am lvl 2 currently and have only managed to catch birds and rabbits, So my question is...

1. How do I go about trapping the other animals? Beavers,racoons,possums ,ect

2. Can I take a trapped rabbit and put them in an empty animal cage so I can get my rabbit hutch going? "Iv'e been using the box trap not the snare"

Loving the mod, Cant play PZ without it :)

1. Currently there is no extended animal trapping in Hydrocraft. However you can "Hunt" them with various weapons such as the Longbow or Varmint Rifle.

2. Sorry all trapped animals are already dead. To get a live rabbit you must either find one already alive in an animal cage or out in the wilderness.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it.

Just a small bug i would like to report. If you make "Mashed potatoes", you will get a free cooking pot (each time to do it), instead of that you need to have one in your inventory.

Really? I got reports before that people were not getting any pot. Now your getting an extra one?!? :blink:

Hydrocraft v4.8 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Many minor small fixes and icon updates.

- Fixed Spiked Barricades and Stone Pillar for Multiplayer (needs feedback from multiplayer servers)

- Added Russian Translation by Humort

- Added 32 new spices from the Spice Mod by kinyoshi!

Enjoy!

Spikes are not visable in MP. Will pm you the console log

Edit= Could not find the log sense the console updated during server reboot. Is there any other way or method for me to extract the info you might need?

My Lua guy says console logs are the only way he can know what's wrong.

How do you get a live animal like ducks btw?

Also as a suggestion maby you can find Bird\Duck calls in Hunting Longes?

I don't think you can get live ducks. You can get live rabbits and chickens, but as Hydromancer said, you find the rabbits in cages already, or in corn fields.

Chickens are hunted with wild game poop.

Also, you can carve your own bird/duck calls with a knife and a block of wood.

Yay I'm going its just there are live versions of said ducks so figured there was a way to get it.

From hunting with the bird call and poop and a gun or bow.

And yes they are alive, but not in the same way rabbits and chickens can be, in that they can be bred.