Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

HC has a CD Case (empty/full) with a recipe to insert/remove CD from it. It also has a DVD and a DVD Case, but only an empty one. No recipe to insert/remove DVD (since there's no full item). It's a pretty futile thing but a very easy thing to mod (my favorite kind of modding), so i wouldn't mind filling in that void, if you'd care to have it, Hydro. Give me the go ahead and i'll send you a rar like last time.

EDIT: Sorry, had nothing better to do today:

HWGgMXw.png HCDVDCasefull

PS: I just realized the icon is very different from the original empty HCDVDCase. Here's an alternative one.

Thanks for offering help on this, but I had brought up the DVD case to hydro few days back and he was going to remove it lol, he forgot it was even still in the mod and thought it was removed already, till I had told him I still find the DVD's and their cases haha. PZ takes place in 1993 so DVDs weren't in the public market as of yet, still in prototyping i believe.

Thanks for offering help on this, but I had brought up the DVD case to hydro few days back and he was going to remove it lol, he forgot it was even still in the mod and thought it was removed already, till I had told him I still find the DVD's and their cases haha. PZ takes place in 1993 so DVDs weren't in the public market as of yet, still in prototyping i believe.

My pleasure. I'm trying to learn a little modding so i can improve my own plays, and HC has become an indispensable part of those - i can't go back to vanilla after having tried this beast of mod. So beastial that indeed i figure Hydro can use all the help he can get, even if it's just a little snippet here and there from noobs like me. I love that you took the care for realism as far as removing anything post-93 from the mod. playAnim(TipHCTopHat);

Right now i'm trying to include support for Necroforge (for my own gain of course, but i'd be happy to share if anyone's interested and it doesn't infringe on the modding etiquette). I've managed to insert a few dozen items, but there's over 2000 items to do, which is insane to try by hand, so i'm focusing on learning a little VBS to see if i can put together a script that generates that lua for me by grabbing the info from the textures filenames (which would also be useful to generate a new NF plugin every Friday). But i'm way out of my depth, no promises :P

Great update Hydromancer!

I am finding that when pickling vegetables using the HC pickling mods, (not the vanilla jar recipe that gets rid of the lid when you open it) that when you use up a vinegar bottle, or a salt shaker, you don't get the empties back.

So, now that salt rocks are working, it's recipe calls for empty salt shakers, but, where do i get those? since the entire item seems to be consumed when it is empty.

The vinegar bottle is not a big issue, as we can make whiskey bottles to fill more, but i couldn't find a salt shaker recipe under glassworking?

I am finding that when pickling vegetables using the HC pickling mods, (not the vanilla jar recipe that gets rid of the lid when you open it) that when you use up a vinegar bottle, or a salt shaker, you don't get the empties back.

So, now that salt rocks are working, it's recipe calls for empty salt shakers, but, where do i get those? since the entire item seems to be consumed when it is empty.

The vinegar bottle is not a big issue, as we can make whiskey bottles to fill more, but i couldn't find a salt shaker recipe under glassworking?

can confirm, we dont get empty salt shakers or pepper shakers

Hey,

I got a frustrating server issue here. Maybe someone might help.

- Deleted Hydrocraft from server

- Uploaded new version of Hydrocraft

- Rebooted server

-> Connected

-> Kicked from server. Reason different game files.

- Deleted Hydrocraft from server

- Deleted Map from server

- Deleted serverfiles (users/user/zomboid/multiplayer) from hard disk

- Rebooted server

-> Connected

-> No kick

- Uploaded new version of Hydrocraft

- Deleted Map from server

- Deleted server files (users/user/zomboid/multiplayer) from hard disk

- Deleted Hydrocraft mod from hard disk

-> Connected

-> Downloaded mods ingame from server

-> Kicked from server. Reason different game files.

"...

Loading 3D models

Textures and Sprites Loaded.

using spawn regions Muldraugh, KY

13 possible spawn points

[ZnetJNI] Connection closed: reason=1 port=1

RakNetPeerInterface.connectionStateChangedCallback state=Disconnected message= thread=Thread[udpEngine,5,main]

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_disconnect

[ZNetJNI] ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange"

Without Hydrocraft everything's fine. With Hydrocraft -even when downloaded from server- I always get kicked. Other servers with Hydrocraft work. Where's the issue? It seems not logical.

It's very frustrating and i can't go back to vanilla.

Regards,

Armitage

Edit: 

[07-11-15 07:38:35] user Armitage kicked because Lua/script checksums do not match.

Why? I downloaded from the server i want to connect to.

Edit2:

DoLuaChecksum=false works but that can't be the solution.

Thanks for reporting. And making salt shakers is a good idea.

Couple of questions:

1. Since I've added Hydrocraft there seems to be an absence of tree branches found when I forage. I imagine there is a different way to make axes now that I'm not aware off?

2. Can you only make things with Hydrocraft after you've read the books or can it be made if you just have the materials in your inventory?

3. I'm at the well / hunters cabin in Muldraugh. I've some seeds and I've planted some crops. Am I going to be able to survive out here?

4. I imagine the more complicated crafting, ironworking etc will be only be creatable once the books have been found and read?

Topics merged.

Couple of questions:

1. Since I've added Hydrocraft there seems to be an absence of tree branches found when I forage. I imagine there is a different way to make axes now that I'm not aware off?

2. Can you only make things with Hydrocraft after you've read the books or can it be made if you just have the materials in your inventory?

3. I'm at the well / hunters cabin in Muldraugh. I've some seeds and I've planted some crops. Am I going to be able to survive out here?

4. I imagine the more complicated crafting, ironworking etc will be only be creatable once the books have been found and read?

Topics merged.

Axes can be made by blacksmithing, but I still get plenty of branches when I forage....is there a conflicting mod?

Most new recipes have an accompanying skillbook.

With foraging and farming, if you have some other supplies to make what you need you should have an easy time. Mushrooms on a stick are a godsend where you are.

see 2

Bug:

Making the recipe "Prepare Jarred Berries" doesn't make jarred berries, or a pot of jarred berries, it makes Mixed Berries.

i have a fix for this. under mods/hydrocraft/media/scripts there is a text file, foodjarredfruit. 

open it and find this segment:

recipe Prepare Jarred Berries

{

SkillRequired:Cooking=4,

Strewberrie/BerryBlack/BerryBlue/BerryGeneric1/BerryGeneric2/BerryGeneric3/BerryGeneric4/BerryGeneric5,

Strewberrie/BerryBlack/BerryBlue/BerryGeneric1/BerryGeneric2/BerryGeneric3/BerryGeneric4/BerryGeneric5,

Result:HCBunchofberries,

Time:75.0,

Category:Cooking,

}

recipe Cook Berries

{

destroy WaterPot,

HCLemonjuicebowl/HCLemonjuicebottle,

Sugar,

HCBunchofberries,

Result:HCJarredberriespot,

}    

recipe Jar Cooked Berries

{

HCJar =2,

HCJarredberriescooked,

Result:HCJarredberries=2,

OnCreate:recipe_hcpot,

}

delete the segment and put this in

{
destroy WaterPot,
Sugar,
HCBunchofberries,
}

{
HCJar =2,
HCJarredberriescooked,
}

this corrects the sequence and makes the recipe work as intended.

hello guys,

ehh, maybe a silly question but how do I dismantle a microwave? screwdriver in main inventory or equipped doesn't work. i read the book needed.

pls help!

thx!

it has to be a junk microwave from the junkyard, you cant dismantle a microwave on a counter, for example. dismantling a junk microwave gives elec scrap and sheet metal, so its handy but not essential.

Bug:

Making the recipe "Prepare Jarred Berries" doesn't make jarred berries, or a pot of jarred berries, it makes Mixed Berries.

i have a fix for this. under mods/hydrocraft/media/scripts there is a text file, foodjarredfruit. 

{

}

recipe Cook Berries

{

destroy WaterPot,

Sugar,

HCBunchofberries,

}    

{

HCJar =2,

HCJarredberriescooked,

}

{
destroy WaterPot,
Sugar,
HCBunchofberries,
}

{
HCJar =2,
HCJarredberriescooked,
}

So, if i understand this, it let's you make jarred berries out of bunches of berries, instead of all those random berries?

I also notice it destroys the pot of water, but at the end the "OnCreate:recipe_hcpot" does that recreate an empty cooking pot?

Thanks for responding, i'll have to try this out!

Bug:

{

}

recipe Cook Berries

{

destroy WaterPot,

Sugar,

HCBunchofberries,

}    

{

HCJar =2,

HCJarredberriescooked,

}

{
destroy WaterPot,
Sugar,
HCBunchofberries,
}

{
HCJar =2,
HCJarredberriescooked,
}

Thanks!