Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hey folks, i just got into some sort of problem where i just can't find any fire axe in the game. I just looted like around 3 warehouses with total like 30 boxes (tech loot spawn). I also couldn't find a saw as well. Crazy amount of other loot though. What i was wondering if this mod somehow override vanilla items spawn? Maybe i am just really unlucky, but generally each warehouse is at least 1-3 axes and i had no luck finding a single one out of 3 warehouses. 

:(

There's a mod called "Craftable Axes" that you can get that let's you make axe heads out of stone, axe handles, and sharpen them with belts. I've had some runs where I never find a saw or axe either, but what I'm playing right now I just found like 3 saws in the large warehouse, so there you go.

Hey folks, i just got into some sort of problem where i just can't find any fire axe in the game. I just looted like around 3 warehouses with total like 30 boxes (tech loot spawn). I also couldn't find a saw as well. Crazy amount of other loot though. What i was wondering if this mod somehow override vanilla items spawn? Maybe i am just really unlucky, but generally each warehouse is at least 1-3 axes and i had no luck finding a single one out of 3 warehouses. 

There's a mod called "Craftable Axes" that you can get that let's you make axe heads out of stone, axe handles, and sharpen them with belts. I've had some runs where I never find a saw or axe either, but what I'm playing right now I just found like 3 saws in the large warehouse, so there you go.

Thanks for the tip, didn't know i could craft it easily. Couldn't find any recipe "for the saw. I suppose i have to find it? Just looted 4th warehouse and found one axe!

I've spent days foraging trying to get some straw (actually modded ISScavengeAction to be almost instant, or it would take RL days to do that much foraging), but i've yet to find a single blade of hay (and oh, so so many needles).

If anyone can help with this i'm really out of luck with a lot of HC recipes without this ingredient... :(

Or perhaps, there's another way to get straw that i'm simply unaware of...?

I found that using the "Find Fauna" with the three books, i forget their names, is a much quicker way to gain foraging items, and a much quicker way of building your foraging skills. You also don't pick up any rocks or chipped stones. You can also do it anywhere, and resources do not run out, so you don't have to keep moving, you can stand in your house and do it in peace.

That's where i got most of my straw. I only actually use "forage" when i need to find animal poop!

If you are playing on the Muldraugh/West Point map, there is a hardware store in West point Right next to the post office, chances are you will find 3 axes and a few saws in there.

Thanks for the tip, didn't know i could craft it easily. Couldn't find any recipe "for the saw. I suppose i have to find it? Just looted 4th warehouse and found one axe!

There is a mod on the steam workshop called "foraged Saw" that lets you make a saw out of foragable materials.

Okay then. Since we're at the consensus to create an ALL NEW wiki...let's have some input on the new web address then.

• pz.hydrocraft.wikia.com?
  • projectzomboid-hydrocraft.wikia.com?
  • hydrocraftmod.wikia.com?

Input your suggestions folks!

I spoke to Will at TIS, and he is wanting to know, if it's able, if we would be interested in having the hydrocraft wiki hosted in a subsection on the PZ wiki. I don't think he knows for sure if it's doable or not, but says he will ask around.

So, i guess we will see how that pans out before finding a site?

Also, he mentioned that using PZ vanilla assets is perfectly fine in regards to their terms and conditions as long as nobody was making money off of it, which i assured him, is not what we're doing.

Another thing, he wants to know if adding it to Mondoid would be of any help, and i mentioned it would be great once we get a basic shell set up.

Thoughts?

Subbing it to the main wiki is a great idea since we can just link original items and insert our own item table as well. It's all up to admin and if they're willing to accommodate us and if community players are willing to contribute. I know it's a touchy subject when someone else's work ends up on your own wiki.

Adding it to Mondoid would be nice for exposure but I'm pretty sure Hydro and the coding crew already have their work cut out for them unless they're willing to split a workload. And I'm pretty sure they don't wanna spread it around so much and not have Quality Control etc.

Sub-main wiki would be easiest to manage. At least there for the articles and recipes will be able to be corrected quickly and easily.

The Cratfable Axes Mod is already included in the Hydrocraft mod.

I've spent days foraging trying to get some straw (actually modded ISScavengeAction to be almost instant, or it would take RL days to do that much foraging), but i've yet to find a single blade of hay (and oh, so so many needles).

If anyone can help with this i'm really out of luck with a lot of HC recipes without this ingredient... :(

Or perhaps, there's another way to get straw that i'm simply unaware of...?

I found that using the "Find Fauna" with the three books, i forget their names, is a much quicker way to gain foraging items, and a much quicker way of building your foraging skills. You also don't pick up any rocks or chipped stones. You can also do it anywhere, and resources do not run out, so you don't have to keep moving, you can stand in your house and do it in peace.

That's where i got most of my straw. I only actually use "forage" when i need to find animal poop!

I think you mean "Flora". Fauna means animals, "Flora" mean things like plants and fungi.

halloween_zpsiswxicla.jpg

Hydrocraft v4.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Added More Thread Making Methods.

- Fixed Jute Seeds.

- Fixed Baby Cows (again!)

- Fixed Alloy Textbook recipes.

- Added 4 Spiked Maces!

- Towels now get Dirty after using Gym items.

- Towels can now be cleaned in the Wash Tub.

- Added Witch Hat an Iron Cauldron

- Added Corpse Skinning and Butchering.

- Corpses can be decapitated.

- Zed skin can be used to make leather

- Zed meat into steaks (Breaking Dead mod stuff).

- Zed heads can be put in a fish tank and fed fish food!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Happy Halloween!

Not so sure I wanna skin zombies and wear leather made from them. Kinda gross. Nice spooky update all the same.

The Alphas do it in the walking dead, although for them it's more curing and then wearing the skins as skins. I'm a little amazed at the idea that someone wants to eat zombies though...

Which includes ...

- Fixed Jute Seeds.

- Added 4 Spiked Maces!

Happy Halloween!

But we can't even give you candy in exchange!

Awesome stuff. Butchering corpses and the like will help those who play cannibals!

Shame that we can't configure corpses to rot like food. So if a human kills another human, that body would be safe to eat for a while. Obviously zombies would be no good to eat.

Edited by Albie

When the craft thermocouple wire - two wires (copper and constantan) disappear, and thermocouple wire not created.... 

It seems to have to wait for the next update...

Hydromancerx, plz сheck the entire sequence of creation steam-hammer.

Thanks for the tip Dumatoin, never tried that. Managed to cheat my way upon some straw using MindMod's Create Item function, but i'd rather not use it if i can.

Though i still think the RemoveGrass/Glass/Bush functions should wield some items. Do you agree Hydro?

Which includes ...

- Fixed Jute Seeds.

- Added 4 Spiked Maces!

Happy Halloween!

Aw! Too late with my bugreporting to catch this release! 

- Gypsum and Feldspar can't be mined because they have an extra space at the end in RockHCExtra lua ("HCGypsum ", "HCFeldspar ").

- "Base.RedRadish" in FloraHCExtra lua should be "farming.RedRadish".

- Wrong spelling of "Portuguise" (Portuguese) in scripts/Books (not really a bug, but it does bug the hell out me, being portuguese myself).

Awesome stuff. Butchering corpses and the like will help those who play cannibals!

Shame that we can't configure corpses to rot like food. So if a human kills another human, that body would be safe to eat for a while. Obviously zombies would be no good to eat.

It will probably be adjusted but for now, the meat rots very fast. I could not figure out how to make food rot in less than a day.

drying fruits consumes baking tray, and pulling them out of oven makes them dissapear. so drying fruits gives, sadly, nothing

edit: fruit slices randomly reappeared hours later in the oven. odd, lol. still no trays tho

Ok this has been a weird issue forever can some one tell me what is wrong?

If you u them in a bag you should get trays from the on create.

recipe Store Dried Apple Slices in Bag	{		HCZipperbag,		HCDriedapples,		Result:HCDriedapplesbag,		Time:30.0,	   	Category:Cooking,    		OnCreate:recipe_hcbakingtray,	}
function recipe_hcbakingtray(items, result, player)	local inv = player:getInventory();	inv:AddItem("Base.BakingTray");end

If you eat them directly from the tray ...

item HCDriedapples	{	HungerChange			=	-30,	BoredomChange			=	-10,	UnhappyChange			=	-15,	Weight				=	1,	Type				=	Food,	ReplaceOnUse			=	BakingTray,	DisplayName			=	Dried Apple Slices,	Icon				=	HCDriedapple,	}		

If you eat them before cooked ...

item HCDryingappleslices	{	HungerChange			=	-20,	Weight				=	1,	Type				=	Food,	DisplayName			=	Drying Apple Slices,	Icon				=	HCDryingapple,	DaysFresh			=	1,	DaysTotallyRotten		=	1,	IsCookable			=	TRUE,	DangerousUncooked		=	FALSE,	MinutesToCook			=	40,	MinutesToBurn			=	60,	ReplaceOnUse			=	BakingTray,	ReplaceOnCooked			= 	Hydrocraft.HCDriedapples,	}

So why is this still happening? Anyone know?

Okay then. Since we're at the consensus to create an ALL NEW wiki...let's have some input on the new web address then.

• pz.hydrocraft.wikia.com?
  • projectzomboid-hydrocraft.wikia.com?
  • hydrocraftmod.wikia.com?
Input your suggestions folks!
I spoke to Will at TIS, and he is wanting to know, if it's able, if we would be interested in having the hydrocraft wiki hosted in a subsection on the PZ wiki. I don't think he knows for sure if it's doable or not, but says he will ask around.

So, i guess we will see how that pans out before finding a site?

Also, he mentioned that using PZ vanilla assets is perfectly fine in regards to their terms and conditions as long as nobody was making money off of it, which i assured him, is not what we're doing.

Another thing, he wants to know if adding it to Mondoid would be of any help, and i mentioned it would be great once we get a basic shell set up.

Thoughts?

Subbing it to the main wiki is a great idea since we can just link original items and insert our own item table as well. It's all up to admin and if they're willing to accommodate us and if community players are willing to contribute. I know it's a touchy subject when someone else's work ends up on your own wiki.

Adding it to Mondoid would be nice for exposure but I'm pretty sure Hydro and the coding crew already have their work cut out for them unless they're willing to split a workload. And I'm pretty sure they don't wanna spread it around so much and not have Quality Control etc.

Sub-main wiki would be easiest to manage. At least there for the articles and recipes will be able to be corrected quickly and easily.

I don't know if Will responded yet, but for the sake of speeding up what you're trying to do. Hydrocraft will most likely not have a subsection on the main wiki.

Yeah, after discussion with Connall we thought that it's just going to get complicated if we have them together, and it'll get confusing for new players. Plus it sets a bit of a precedent for other mods too. As such I think we should have a bit of a separation of Church and State when it comes to the vanilla wiki and ones for mods.

We can still link it from relevant places though, and as I mentioned in the mail I can cover it in Mondoid to help get it going and the PZ image usage is absolutely fine.

drying fruits consumes baking tray, and pulling them out of oven makes them dissapear. so drying fruits gives, sadly, nothing

edit: fruit slices randomly reappeared hours later in the oven. odd, lol. still no trays tho

Ok this has been a weird issue forever can some one tell me what is wrong?

If you u them in a bag you should get trays from the on create.

recipe Store Dried Apple Slices in Bag	{		HCZipperbag,		HCDriedapples,		Result:HCDriedapplesbag,		Time:30.0,	   	Category:Cooking,    		OnCreate:recipe_hcbakingtray,	}
function recipe_hcbakingtray(items, result, player)	local inv = player:getInventory();	inv:AddItem("Base.BakingTray");end

If you eat them directly from the tray ...

item HCDriedapples	{	HungerChange			=	-30,	BoredomChange			=	-10,	UnhappyChange			=	-15,	Weight				=	1,	Type				=	Food,	ReplaceOnUse			=	BakingTray,	DisplayName			=	Dried Apple Slices,	Icon				=	HCDriedapple,	}		

If you eat them before cooked ...

item HCDryingappleslices	{	HungerChange			=	-20,	Weight				=	1,	Type				=	Food,	DisplayName			=	Drying Apple Slices,	Icon				=	HCDryingapple,	DaysFresh			=	1,	DaysTotallyRotten		=	1,	IsCookable			=	TRUE,	DangerousUncooked		=	FALSE,	MinutesToCook			=	40,	MinutesToBurn			=	60,	ReplaceOnUse			=	BakingTray,	ReplaceOnCooked			= 	Hydrocraft.HCDriedapples,	}

They vanished when i pulled them out of oven and into my main inventory. never put them in a bag

function recipe_hcbakingtray(items, result, player)local inv = player:getInventory();inv:AddItem("Base.BakingTray");end

Have you tried a non-local player:getInventory():AddItem("Base.BakingTray"); ? That's what the recipecode lua uses. (BTW: I can't find your context menu functions for cooking recipes anywhere, Hydro... on what lua are those stored?)

Though: 

fruit slices randomly reappeared hours later in the oven. odd, lol. still no trays tho

sounds like maybe you took a step without realizing and:

- the grab action never completed

- the world inventory now showed perhaps another adjacent (empty) stove.

Can you replicate it?

Noticed a few issues with the latest build, well, one existed with the previous as well.

1. You have an XP farm for carpentry. Making plank stacks gives a nice chunk of XP, if you have all the books handy you can get to master in a matter of a few in game days by unpacking and repacking the planks over and over.

2. With the addition of skinning zombies, I can't seem to be able to harvest bones anymore :( While I like being able to devour zombie flesh, those bone shivs are what keep me going lol.

EDIT:

Ah lol disregard the 2nd point, missed that there is now a few steps in the bone harvesting process for zombies lol, skin->butcher->harvest bones

Edited by AnonPrime

I don't know if Will responded yet, but for the sake of speeding up what you're trying to do. Hydrocraft will most likely not have a subsection on the main wiki.

Yeah, after discussion with Connall we thought that it's just going to get complicated if we have them together, and it'll get confusing for new players. Plus it sets a bit of a precedent for other mods too. As such I think we should have a bit of a separation of Church and State when it comes to the vanilla wiki and ones for mods.

We can still link it from relevant places though, and as I mentioned in the mail I can cover it in Mondoid to help get it going and the PZ image usage is absolutely fine.

Alright, looks like we will have a look at evankimori's suggested site names.

So, just so i am understanding this, is it ok to link to the PZ wiki from the HC wiki for vanilla items?

EditOr at least use the images?

Edited by Dumatoin