Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Has anyone experimented with the vending stands yet? My thought is that you set them up and it attracts vendors and you press coins in a coin press to pay them? I'd love to know more about how they work. 

Also, I don't see a difference in speed with a fractured foot when using the crutch and not. Am I doing something wrong with that or is it a useless vanity item?

Any chance you can add in the two cures for farming pests?

THey are already in the game, but you can only make them if you start as a farmer.

I'd suggest making them unlock at level 3 farming (as that is what the Farmer starts out with)

Maybe add them to a book?

They are:

-Make Flies Cure

gardening spray can (empty), water (3 units), cigarettes x5

This makes "Insecticide Spray"

-Make Mildew Cure

gardening spray can (empty), Milk Package

This makes "Mildew Spray"

Hydromancer. We cant build Steam machine because we need thermocouple. Thermocouple Wire we can make but if i made this i dont have wire at my bags:( I cant make Copper Wire because i have next to me Anvil and Carpenter Bench and other items but i cant. Repair this bug pls

Hydromancer. We cant build Steam machine because we need thermocouple. Thermocouple Wire we can make but if i made this i dont have wire at my bags:( I cant make Copper Wire because i have next to me Anvil and Carpenter Bench and other items but i cant. Repair this bug pls

Hydromancer,

It looks like you changed the name of the Thermocouple Wire item to HCWirethermocouple, but the recipe is still making HCThermocouplewire, so the recipe's not working.

Two bugs for ya!

I was making salads out of carrots I harvested to raise cooking and no matter how many salads I made and ate, the number of carrots that should have been consumed did not go down. 

This one has been around since last version at least > When using a metal detector to search for metal the battery never goes down thereby allowing for infinite uses without recharge or replacement. 

Still enjoying the mod here!

Some questions.

1) Where do i get chains? I need them to upgrade to Large Junkyard, but i don't have the recipe. Is it in a book i haven't found yet?

2) Jute, where the heck do i find jute seeds? My foraging is at 6, and i still haven't found a seed or a plant to make seeds (if you can make seeds from jute)

3) Mulberry leaves. Only from foraging or Find Flora? I am level 6 foraging, started from 0, i have only found 13 so far. Making 1 silk cloth requires 100 mulberry leaves. I have mulberries, but i don't see a recipe to plant them into trees to pick leaves.

Two bugs for ya!

I was making salads out of carrots I harvested to raise cooking and no matter how many salads I made and ate, the number of carrots that should have been consumed did not go down. 

This one has been around since last version at least > When using a metal detector to search for metal the battery never goes down thereby allowing for infinite uses without recharge or replacement. 

Still enjoying the mod here!

1. Carrots are a base game thing please report in the bug section.

2. The Metal Detector goes down but its goes slowly. Believe me I have lowered mine.

To nerdo

1.Thats kinda a base game issue code wise see to add duck tape pouches he has to change it into a whole new bag and there's no way for it to keep its inventory atm sadly

2.This is a base game issue/decision not part of hydrocraft lol

dang :/ so thats why

well at least we know that it gets better from here

thanks dude :)

Question about spiked log barriers. If you have them set up and zombies are on the other side, can you like, throw stones or use throwing weapons (guns are too loud :P) and shoot over the barrier and potentially kill the zombies across from you? This would be an awesome offensive/defensive measure if it works... I'll have to test it later. 

Some questions.

1) Where do i get chains? I need them to upgrade to Large Junkyard, but i don't have the recipe. Is it in a book i haven't found yet?

2) Jute, where the heck do i find jute seeds? My foraging is at 6, and i still haven't found a seed or a plant to make seeds (if you can make seeds from jute)

3) Mulberry leaves. Only from foraging or Find Flora? I am level 6 foraging, started from 0, i have only found 13 so far. Making 1 silk cloth requires 100 mulberry leaves. I have mulberries, but i don't see a recipe to plant them into trees to pick leaves.

Does nobody know? or am i asking in the wrong place?

Some questions.

Not to sound overly negative because half of me loves the mod, but the answer is most likely that it's an incomplete or rushed feature. I've said this once already, but I really think the mod needs less new content and more of a focus on fixing bugs and finishing existing features. It's also severely lacking a fleshed out guide or wiki as of what does what for newcomers and users of the mod in general. I don't want to start an argument in this thread, so please don't turn it into one.  

Love your mod! Fantastic work!
2 questions:

Does "playing" with a toy reduce stress or is it just kind of an easter egg?

And do you plan on creating cocktail mixing? I really like roleplaying my charachter as enjoying a well earned whiskey coke at the end of the day lol

Some questions.

Chains are from the Breaking Dead mod that was incorporated into Hydrocraft. All of the stuff is findable, but not all of it is craftable. Chains are one of those things that there isn't a recipe to make - you just have to find them. I'm not sure if they clone up through random loot drops in particular areas, but a lot of stuff has to be found by either searching small/medium junkyards and getting lucky, or searching with metal detectors.

From what I've seen, Jute is/will be findable by foraging. A lot of the Hydrocraft stuff can only be found by foraging with a very high foraging skill - you need a Foraging skill of 10 to find wild beehives, for example. I pushed my foraging up to 10 just before winter hit in my current game, so I didn't get a lot of time to search with it, but my impression is that Jute is a moderately hard-to-find foraging item.

There's no way I've seen of cultivating mulberry leaves - you just have to find them by foraging.

Love your mod! Fantastic work!

2 questions:

Does "playing" with a toy reduce stress or is it just kind of an easter egg?

And do you plan on creating cocktail mixing? I really like roleplaying my charachter as enjoying a well earned whiskey coke at the end of the day lol

Playing with a toy certainly reduces unhappiness - I'm not sure about anxiety, though.

Some cocktails are already in game (and there are various kinds of glasses dotted around to go with them). If there are particular cocktail mixes you want, Hydromancer's pretty good at taking suggested recipes and coding them up (and I'm happy to do some as well, although I'm new and tend to break things!).

Some questions.

Chains are from the Breaking Dead mod that was incorporated into Hydrocraft. All of the stuff is findable, but not all of it is craftable. Chains are one of those things that there isn't a recipe to make - you just have to find them. I'm not sure if they clone up through random loot drops in particular areas, but a lot of stuff has to be found by either searching small/medium junkyards and getting lucky, or searching with metal detectors.

From what I've seen, Jute is/will be findable by foraging. A lot of the Hydrocraft stuff can only be found by foraging with a very high foraging skill - you need a Foraging skill of 10 to find wild beehives, for example. I pushed my foraging up to 10 just before winter hit in my current game, so I didn't get a lot of time to search with it, but my impression is that Jute is a moderately hard-to-find foraging item.

There's no way I've seen of cultivating mulberry leaves - you just have to find them by foraging.

Ah, i guess i got lucky then, i found a wild beehive at level 2 foraging i think it was, definitely not 10, as i'm only 6. Was very fortunate! i was just looking for bees! Course, i can't do anything with it, because the bee keeper hat takes silk cloth and i need a ton of mulberry for it.

Guess i will just keep up the "find Flora" and hope to find some jute. And hopefully i can find some chain with metal detector, because i have completely cleared out most storage i can see on the map. At least in West point. Haven't tried going to muldraugh yet.

THanks for the response!

Some questions.

Not to sound overly negative because half of me loves the mod, but the answer is most likely that it's an incomplete or rushed feature. I've said this once already, but I really think the mod needs less new content and more of a focus on fixing bugs and finishing existing features. It's also severely lacking a fleshed out guide or wiki as of what does what for newcomers and users of the mod in general. I don't want to start an argument in this thread, so please don't turn it into one.

Thanks for replying, Is there a wiki for the hydro craft? While reading through the thread, i wished there was some way i could help out, but i cannot code, and making art? pfftt, i can't draw a snowman, but if someone were to toss up a wiki, i could maybe try to figure out how to add stuff to it. ( i assume we don't just add to the normal PZ Wiki, as that would confuse players who are just playing the vanilla)

Right, i've seen that. It's quite helpful, there is another page that has another list as well.

I was just thinking of something more complete. Where certain items have their own pages. Though, that would confuse vanilla players if each HC item had it's own page. Which was why i was thinking of a separate wiki, with more in depth explanations.

Does it require knowing how to code to do that sort of thing? (creating a wiki or adding info to a current wiki)

Right, i've seen that. It's quite helpful, there is another page that has another list as well.

I was just thinking of something more complete. Where certain items have their own pages. Though, that would confuse vanilla players if each HC item had it's own page. Which was why i was thinking of a separate wiki, with more in depth explanations.

Does it require knowing how to code to do that sort of thing? (creating a wiki or adding info to a current wiki)

The wiki code is actually very easy because you can simply reference other articles/items/codes/images/tags etc in making your articles. The main problem we've had beyond that is some people have complained about site admin removing articles and pages relating to Hydrocraft.

Some questions.

Ah, i guess i got lucky then, i found a wild beehive at level 2 foraging i think it was, definitely not 10, as i'm only 6. Was very fortunate! i was just looking for bees! Course, i can't do anything with it, because the bee keeper hat takes silk cloth and i need a ton of mulberry for it.

Guess i will just keep up the "find Flora" and hope to find some jute. And hopefully i can find some chain with metal detector, because i have completely cleared out most storage i can see on the map. At least in West point. Haven't tried going to muldraugh yet.

THanks for the response!

It may be that it's changed, although Hydromancer confirmed when I asked a couple of months ago that I needed 10 ranks in Foraging to find wild beehives. I know the frequency of what you can find changes depending on where you're searching - whether you're foraging in/near a city or deep in the woods, for example - so it may be that it's easier to find things like Jute and Wild Beehives in certain terrain?

The wiki code is actually very easy because you can simply reference other articles/items/codes/images/tags etc in making your articles. The main problem we've had beyond that is some people have complained about site admin removing articles and pages relating to Hydrocraft.

And the site admin made a comment in one thread about the wiki that he didn't like seeing articles on mods getting updated when the main wiki wasn't, and that he didn't feel mods should really be on the main wiki. That's why I only made the one update to the Hydrocraft page on the wiki - I didn't want to annoy the admin and have that page removed as well.