Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Make sure you request any art in the art thread since I do not think we have art for a Thermocouple or Small Rolling MIll.

Note I already made art for the ore and ingots.

I hadn't requested any art for the items because it felt presumptuous to do so before you actually said if you wanted the items or not - I'll go and update the art thread now with a request.

Hydrocraft v4.3 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed make pipe recipe.

- Fixed build steam machine recipe.

- Russian Translation added.

- French Translation updated.

- Fixed Rock Salt.

- Baby Animals no longer feed from the floor to prevent the drainables on floor bug.

- Fixed cheese curd recipe.

- Cold packs are now needed for the ice chest and cooler.

- Fixed IBC Tower bug.

- Fixed potato flour baking tray bug.

- Fixed wine making recipes.

- Adjusted mining speeds.

- Added Corn Cob Pipe.

- Added Stuffed Snail and Sizzling Slug

- Added Hydrogen, Helium and Oxygen Tanks

- Added Prosthetic Leg, Hearing Aid, Glass Eye and Eye Patch.

- Added Twig Bundles

- Added Vending Stands

- Shoes can be used to roll a d6 for RPing.

- Added decorative Rubber Raft.

- Added 7 new Minerals.

- Added 6 new Ingots.

- Added Thermocouple stuff (Thanks BrokenMnemonic!)

- Added 6 types of Craftable Spears!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

I forgot to ask - did you want me to update the steam machine recipe to use a thermocouple rather than a thermometer? I think it might make a couple of people happy ;)

Already in the update. ;)

Note that since it had no art yet the recipes don't use the Small Rolling Mill, and instead use the anvils.

Also your whole coal or charcoal is redundant since you can turn coal into charcoal. Easier to just have all things on a charcoal standard.

How do you use potted plants? Like how to harvest stuff from them.

10 Farming, then to harvest you need fertilizer each time. Hydro mentioned way back in this thread that the growing mechanic is kind of hard to mod for. So, they are fully grown so to speak. You just need to make fertilizer bags to harvest.

Question: how do you make a thermocouple? Or do you have to loot it?

I don't know if it's on any loot tables, but you can make a thermocouple.

You'll need to check the textbooks for recipes - there are a couple of new recipes in some of the existing textbooks, and I think there's a new textbook with some of the recipes you'll need as well.

You need to find nickel and copper; nickel you can get by mining, if you find pentlandite and then roast it in a blast furnace. You need to make some copper and some nickel ingots, and then make a couple of constantan ingots using them. You then need to make some constantan wire and some copper wire, if you can't find any copper wire in game. You'll also need a working welding kit to mill the wire. (When the rolling mill is added, you'll need to use that to mill the wire, but you'll still need the welding kit as well.)

When you've got the two wires, you can turn them into a thermocouple wire; you then need an electronics level of 3, some electronics scrap, some screws, a calculator and some tools to assemble a working thermocouple.

10 Farming, then to harvest you need fertilizer each time. Hydro mentioned way back in this thread that the growing mechanic is kind of hard to mod for. So, they are fully grown so to speak. You just need to make fertilizer bags to harvest.

You can make the compost bin to convert rotten/fresh food to compost but you need level 5 carpentry and level 5 farming. 10 compost + 1 empty bag = 1 NPK Fertilizer. In addition, 99% of the time 1 unit fertilizer + water will give you 5 fresh food (eg 5 fresh pototaoes/carrots) which converts to 5 compost. However if you have a watermelon potted plant you can harvest that watermelon plant then slice up that 1 fresh watermelon to get 10 watermelon slices. Now convert those 10 slices to compost which is enough to give you 1 full NPK Fertilizer.

To everyone,

Anyone else notice that beehive level stage 1 no longer drops? I've been playing on Bedford Falls and have yet to find the level 1 beehive. 1 year later I wandered off to New Denver (yes it was a loooooong walk) and still didn't manage to find one.

I wonder if something in the loot table changed?

PS - I've recently updated to 4.3.

To everyone,

Anyone else notice that beehive level stage 1 no longer drops? I've been playing on Bedford Falls and have yet to find the level 1 beehive. 1 year later I wandered off to New Denver (yes it was a loooooong walk) and still didn't manage to find one.

Hydromancer said a few updates ago that the beehive drops had become much rarer; I've explored most of New Denver with fairly abundant loot settings and I've never seen one, although that could be because of the building designations in ND. I found it faster to work on getting foraging up to level 10 and then foraging until I found a wild beehive. I did find a fair number of bees/honeybees while foraging below level 10, so it may be that you can find a queen bee and enough bees at lower levels to also start a hive off.

I'm still having a hard time finding regular thermometers for making something like a basic laboratory. Any advice where to find them so I can do science?

I've found them at Cortman's Medical in Muldraugh and in the Pharmahug in the centre of West Point, but I've not found them anywhere else. I've not quite made it as far as the hospital in New Denver yet, which may be another spot to find them, but they're rather rare.

You can make the compost bin to convert rotten/fresh food to compost but you need level 5 carpentry and level 5 farming. 10 compost + 1 empty bag = 1 NPK Fertilizer. In addition, 99% of the time 1 unit fertilizer + water will give you 5 fresh food (eg 5 fresh pototaoes/carrots) which converts to 5 compost. However if you have a watermelon potted plant you can harvest that watermelon plant then slice up that 1 fresh watermelon to get 10 watermelon slices. Now convert those 10 slices to compost which is enough to give you 1 full NPK Fertilizer.

The potted plants make rotten watermelons surprisingly useful loot. It also makes bacon useful - you can slice it, then cut it into bits, then compost the individual bits.

To everyone,

Hydromancer said a few updates ago that the beehive drops had become much rarer; I've explored most of New Denver with fairly abundant loot settings and I've never seen one, although that could be because of the building designations in ND. I found it faster to work on getting foraging up to level 10 and then foraging until I found a wild beehive. I did find a fair number of bees/honeybees while foraging below level 10, so it may be that you can find a queen bee and enough bees at lower levels to also start a hive off.

I'm still having a hard time finding regular thermometers for making something like a basic laboratory. Any advice where to find them so I can do science?

I've found them at Cortman's Medical in Muldraugh and in the Pharmahug in the centre of West Point, but I've not found them anywhere else. I've not quite made it as far as the hospital in New Denver yet, which may be another spot to find them, but they're rather rare.

Ah thanks for the info, Broken. Here's another little tidbit, you can use the world-generated well to fill up the hydrocraft mod well. Just bring a tent and lots of food. If you're in Bedford falls there's a well in the camping grounds near the center of the map. It takes 10-12 in-game days to fill it. Watch out for wandering zombies though! I built walls around my well with sheet-rope to enter/exit.

I have 3 full hydrocraft wells in my base lol. Also have a water pump but for some reason I'm still boiling rainwater...

Additional info: I wanted to do an experiment. Hydro added those water purifying pills in 4.2 so I wanted to see if I could fill the well with rainwater/lake/river water then use those pills to purifying the water. Didn't work :(.

To everyone,

Ah thanks for the info, Broken. Here's another little tidbit, you can use the world-generated well to fill up the hydrocraft mod well. Just bring a tent and lots of food. If you're in Bedford falls there's a well in the camping grounds near the center of the map. It takes 10-12 in-game days to fill it. Watch out for wandering zombies though! I built walls around my well with sheet-rope to enter/exit.

I have 3 full hydrocraft wells in my base lol. Also have a water pump but for some reason I'm still boiling rainwater...

So that's how long it takes - I was wondering if it was possible to actually fill one. I spent three days getting manically depressed at a sink with the well before I built my water pump - I was debating whether I could just drag the well to a lake and then boil it!

To everyone,

So that's how long it takes - I was wondering if it was possible to actually fill one. I spent three days getting manically depressed at a sink with the well before I built my water pump - I was debating whether I could just drag the well to a lake and then boil it!

Ah I forgot to mention I keep the adult magazine in my inventory for when my character gets depressed. Gives -100 to everything! 10-12 days give or take a few days if you run in to zombies and/or you sleep more or less. Speaking of water I don't know why we cannot fill other containers with water such as gas cans, tincans, empty jars, zip lock bags, etc.

I always find at least one in the West Point drug store, the one on the main street. Have yet to find one anywhere else, though. I would love to see a recipe added to make a thermometer, as it is a pain in the ass to have to run allll the way to West Point for 1 item.

Hydro,

I've updated to 4.3 and started to feed my baby animals. After 10 feedings, the baby animal disappears and that's it, we don't get back an adult animal in our inventory or on the ground. I see poop though. Am I missing something?

Was it in your inventory?

Additional info: I wanted to do an experiment. Hydro added those water purifying pills in 4.2 so I wanted to see if I could fill the well with rainwater/lake/river water then use those pills to purifying the water. Didn't work :(.

Weird! It should work. I will have to look into that. I wonder why its not working. :(

Hydro,

I've updated to 4.3 and started to feed my baby animals. After 10 feedings, the baby animal disappears and that's it, we don't get back an adult animal in our inventory or on the ground. I see poop though. Am I missing something?

Was it in your inventory?

The baby animal was in my inventory but it disappeared after feeding it 10 times, I didn't see any adults appear in my inventory or on the ground. I tried it with several types of baby animals with the same results.

Weird! It should work. I will have to look into that. I wonder why its not working. :(

The water pills appear to work on other containers but not the well. Some of the other containers only require 1 and another requires 3. Perhaps the number of pills required is some calculation and I didn't have enough pills? I briefly/quickly looked at the code and did not see an entry for the well.

I have been playing PZ for several weeks now and I'm in love with it. Though I'm playing the pirated copy, I'm planning to buy the game as soon as I have enough money. 

I downloaded the mod and the game became even more addictive. But after a while, I saw some problems. 

After adding pouches to my Big Hiking Bag, the items in it prior to adding the pouches disappeared. Moreover, I cannot use any kinds of wood as fuel for the campfire, only clothing and books.

Any fixes for these two problems?