Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

How do I fill the upgraded IBC tower? It's too heavy to pick up and there's no right click menu when it's on the ground either. Don't tell me I made a useless item :(

I haven't made one myself yet, but the script says the IBC Tower weighs 34 and a full IBC tower weighs 49.5 ( I assume with any amount of water stored inside)  Given the weight capacity of your character is 50 you should be able to pick up a full IBC tower if you basically drop everything else you are carrying.  However, with only 0.5 weight remaining, if you want to refill a partially empty "full" IBC tower I guess you would need to pour out it's contents first to get it back to it's empty state.  Does that make sense?

How do I fill the upgraded IBC tower? It's too heavy to pick up and there's no right click menu when it's on the ground either. Don't tell me I made a useless item :(

I haven't made one myself yet, but the script says the IBC Tower weighs 34 and a full IBC tower weighs 49.5 ( I assume with any amount of water stored inside)  Given the weight capacity of your character is 50 you should be able to pick up a full IBC tower if you basically drop everything else you are carrying.  However, with only 0.5 weight remaining, if you want to refill a partially empty "full" IBC tower I guess you would need to pour out it's contents first to get it back to it's empty state.  Does that make sense?

Yeah, I didn't consider dropping every single thing I was carrying. Makes sense now thanks.

This gives the problem of how you get water back out of a tower, too - if it weighs 49.5, then you'd have to extract water one mug at a time.

Can you equip an upgraded IBC tower to the primary/secondary hand? I think that removes a lot of the weight for an item if you can.

Where do you guys usually find thermometers? I went to Cortman Medical and they didn't have a single one. It's required for the steam machine, which without, you can't make a simple stamp mill and furthermore can't make concrete ingots and and then buckets of concrete for the next recipes. 

I just lost a 10 hour game because I couldn't find a thermometer >:L

I think someone suggested they be crafted given their rarity.

Where do you guys usually find thermometers? I went to Cortman Medical and they didn't have a single one. It's required for the steam machine, which without, you can't make a simple stamp mill and furthermore can't make concrete ingots and and then buckets of concrete for the next recipes. 

I've found them in Cortman Medical a few times, but only with the random loot settings for non-food/non-weapon items set to a high setting. I haven't been looking for one yet because I can't easily build/refill junkyards, so all of the steam-related equipment is unavailable to me, but I know I haven't found a thermometer in New Denver yet - I'm guessing the most likely spawn point would be in the hospital, but that's at the other end of town from where I am.

Realistically, medical thermometers wouldn't work for any of this equipment - they don't go to a high enough temperature. If they're mercury bulb thermometers, they'd shatter or explode well before the steam gets up to workable temperatures. Even kitchen oven thermometers would probably not be suitable (they rarely get above 250-300 celcius) - you'd need either industrial thermometers, from somewhere like an existing factory, or maybe some of the thermometers used in science labs for melting point tests. Although I think even those wouldn't work - I seem to remember that temperature readings in industrial boilers are measured using thermocouples rather than thermometers.

You'd also need pressure gauges to track steam pressures to make sure you aren't about to watch your steam-powered item exploding...

ETA: I've done some google searches, and while I'm having trouble finding specifics on industrial steam boilers, the papers on industrial furnaces all refer to the use of thermocouples or infrared pyrometers for temperature measurement (and the problems with both). I think there'd be more variation with steam boilers depending on what it is they're doing - something that's providing hot water for a house will have a lower operating temperature than something providing pressurised steam for powering mechanical equipment - but I suspect you're still looking at thermocouples rather than thermometers, especially mercury bulb thermometers.

Hello again everyone!

Could you please explain me how is the compass functioning? I have foud a compass , however it does not work. When I press open compass the blank window appear, with nothing on it. Do I need to find smthing else, like map or whatever?

Why do the donuts not have a spoil timer?

Most donuts go bad after about a week. The ones that are glazed take much less time to spoil:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/krispy-kreme-donuts-spoil-quickly-2013-9

I recommend a 7 day experation for non-glazed donuts and a 3 day experation for glazed donuts.

Yeah I did find that weird that I could eat a donut a month later and it not be spoiled. I guess it's a matter of making the rotten art or putting in that they do go stale/rot.

I fixed the spoil times for the donuts to be:

- Fresh for 3 days.

- Fully rotten in 7 days.

I would publish the file normally but due to the permissions thing on the front page I will send it to Hydro instead.

PS - Beef jerky should also only be fresh for 60 days and spoil in 90. The game is too easy if all of these foods last forever.

- Fresh for 3 days.

I would publish the file normally but due to the permissions thing on the front page I will send it to Hydro instead.

PS - Beef jerky should also only be fresh for 60 days and spoil in 90. The game is too easy if all of these foods last forever.

I agree with that. Hopefully Hydro sees the thing about thermometers too. I can't go any further on my current playthrough till I find one and the chances of that are slim to none.

Beef Jerky is a base game item, so it's the Zomboid devs who've decided it should have an indefinite shelf life. The basic jerky/tasty jerky made in Hydrocraft is simply in line with the base game item.

I'm not sure what you're basing the 60/90 day lifespan on jerky from, but beef jerky can be stored at room temperature and can be safe to eat for literally years - even the "best before" date on most jerky runs for up to 2 years.

Beef Jerky is a base game item, so it's the Zomboid devs who've decided it should have an indefinite shelf life. The basic jerky/tasty jerky made in Hydrocraft is simply in line with the base game item.

I'm not sure what you're basing the 60/90 day lifespan on jerky from, but beef jerky can be stored at room temperature and can be safe to eat for literally years - even the "best before" date on most jerky runs for up to 2 years.

http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/16487

http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/16488

One of the bigger problems I've noticed is weight with the game, even though weight is reduced with certain items, that reduction goes away if it's unequiped or on the ground.

I wonder if it's possible to make it so weight reduction is constant for example with the waggon with oxen. In multiplayer I saw someone essentially lose their character because they couldn't drop a wheelbarrow that was too heavy, because it had a pack dog in it that was over the 50 weight limit (due to organized trait) - couldn't be moved out of the wheelbarrow, and the wheelbarrow couldn't be dropped.

On the other end of things, if you drop something that's too heavy to pick up like a wheelbarrow that has stuff in it, you won't be able to pick it back up. I suppose it's mostly due to how the vanilla game doesn't have a great weight system to support the new ways to carry items.

http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/16487

http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/16488

Those dates really are out of step with everything else I've seen. I don't know what assumptions they've made about how it's being prepared, b ut there's definitely something weird with commercial jerky have a shelf life of 1-2 years plus and homemade jerky having a shelflife of 60 days. Jerked meat is a staple amongst preserved foods - it's one of the longest-lasting methods of preserving meat.

Is there a list of how and where to get things or what to....THERE IS SO MUcH IN THIs MOD IT IS AMAZING BUT IM OVERWHELMED AND I LOVE IT BAAAAAAAAAH

Not currently. We're supposed to be updating the Wiki but there's some issues with the admin and wanting us to put content for the mod on an OFFICIAL Wiki. And you know how that goes. I was supposed to add some articles but I'm busy testing the mod these days. :(

anyhoo how the hell do i smash a zombie so i can get its bones...

Find the Medical Textbook and read it and use a Saw/Bone Saw. Search the thread for some of your questions! I'm sure we've answered a few along the way!

also do some of the simple things like TP and rubberbands and all that have an in game use?

TP...not AFAIK. Rubberbands are used in crafting Slingshots and you can Recycle 3x Boxes Of Rubberbands for a Rubber Ingot.

Is there a list that tells me all these things so i stop being stupid and annoying?

Gotta learn and experiment on some of them. MOST of the Recipes in-game are found via Books/Magazines that the mod has added or by crafting Blueprints USING Books. Look up NoMiS's channel on YouTube for some of the best tutorials for the mod you can find!

Are you still improving the mod? :D

Of course he is! What do you think all these bug notes and patches are for? :D

lol...thank you. I feel sort of stupid now. Anyhoo. I figured out the answers to all my questions. Just needed a little tria and error. Its like im starting PZ overagain and i love it.

I remember far back in the forums someone questioned the ability to fill up the canteen item. Attempted todo so myself with no avail. I tried equiping it, tried at a lake, and mulitiple potable water sources. Im not sure how to check coding er the status window thingy to see if there is an issue on my end.

Alright so I'm not a complete noob to either PZ or Hydrocraft but I've never had this bad of luck before. I've mined over 1,000 stone in a regular (non-upgrade) mine shaft and was only able to get two (2) iron ore and one (1) tin ore. I did get some other stuff (meteorite, quartz, clay, limestone, sandstone, lots of chipped stones, ect..) but not a single ore of any not mentioned. Is this to be expected? Here is a link to the screen shot; http://i.imgur.com/XuQ112F.png

Also, I'm not sure where to find the recipe for the "Iron Anvil"..you'd think it'd be with the iron working book but it isn't..tbh if I could find that I wouldn't bother messing with trying to make a "Lead Anvil" as it seems darn near impossible...

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=108600&browsesort=toprated&section=readytouseitems

TO ANYONE WHO IS HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING STUCK FROM WEIGHT OR OTHERWISE.

This is a cheat menu that is on the steam workshop. Aside from all of its more.....cheaty features, it contains an infinite carryweight script. It can be toggled on and off in game, and you can immediately exit your game, go to mods and remove it so you arent tempted to go on an infinite ammo unbreakable weapon godmode zombie killing destructo rampage.

A link to indiestone for download is also available

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14283-cheat-menu-v22/

I read that some of you guys have lost characters over this. So I figured I'd give you the tools to fix it  :D

Hydro, I have a question! Is it okay with you if I impliment support for Hydrocraft into my movable furnature etc mod, and give, for example cardboard boxes from hydrocraft the option to be placed as a world object with an inventory etc in my mod?

I am not sure why you need Hydrocraft cardboard boxes. The base game ones look different than what we have. Having crate-like ones seem like they would go just fine with my bag-like ones.

I guess I will have to reduce the weight. Note I took these from DeadlyStr1kes unreleased "End Times" mod, so I was not really paying attention to how much they weighed.

Ok so the new stats will be more like the fish tank.

Empty IBC = 2

IBC = 6

Empty IBC Storage = 3

IBC Storage = 7

Empty IBC Tower = 6

IBC Tower = 12

This should make thing much more manageable.

Why do the donuts not have a spoil timer?

Most donuts go bad after about a week. The ones that are glazed take much less time to spoil:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/krispy-kreme-donuts-spoil-quickly-2013-9

I recommend a 7 day experation for non-glazed donuts and a 3 day experation for glazed donuts.

I am using base game logic. Since cupcakes and ice cream never go bad I made donuts and popsicles never go bad either.

- Fresh for 3 days.

Again base game beef jerky lasts forever so mine last forever too.

I've found them in Cortman Medical a few times, but only with the random loot settings for non-food/non-weapon items set to a high setting. I haven't been looking for one yet because I can't easily build/refill junkyards, so all of the steam-related equipment is unavailable to me, but I know I haven't found a thermometer in New Denver yet - I'm guessing the most likely spawn point would be in the hospital, but that's at the other end of town from where I am.

Realistically, medical thermometers wouldn't work for any of this equipment - they don't go to a high enough temperature. If they're mercury bulb thermometers, they'd shatter or explode well before the steam gets up to workable temperatures. Even kitchen oven thermometers would probably not be suitable (they rarely get above 250-300 celcius) - you'd need either industrial thermometers, from somewhere like an existing factory, or maybe some of the thermometers used in science labs for melting point tests. Although I think even those wouldn't work - I seem to remember that temperature readings in industrial boilers are measured using thermocouples rather than thermometers.

You'd also need pressure gauges to track steam pressures to make sure you aren't about to watch your steam-powered item exploding...

ETA: I've done some google searches, and while I'm having trouble finding specifics on industrial steam boilers, the papers on industrial furnaces all refer to the use of thermocouples or infrared pyrometers for temperature measurement (and the problems with both). I think there'd be more variation with steam boilers depending on what it is they're doing - something that's providing hot water for a house will have a lower operating temperature than something providing pressurised steam for powering mechanical equipment - but I suspect you're still looking at thermocouples rather than thermometers, especially mercury bulb thermometers.

I was going to make thermometers craftable, but now that you say this perhaps I should be adding in an industrial thermometer instead.

Hydro, I have a question! Is it okay with you if I impliment support for Hydrocraft into my movable furnature etc mod, and give, for example cardboard boxes from hydrocraft the option to be placed as a world object with an inventory etc in my mod?

I am not sure why you need Hydrocraft cardboard boxes. The base game ones look different than what we have. Having crate-like ones seem like they would go just fine with my bag-like ones.

I guess I will have to reduce the weight. Note I took these from DeadlyStr1kes unreleased "End Times" mod, so I was not really paying attention to how much they weighed.

I don't need them, what I ment was to add the item name for the cardboardboxes, wooden crates, etc items to also work for the mod. in layman's terms; the cardboard boxes from your mod automatically count as a picked up cardboard box in mine, and is placable. That is, if the user has both mods. No adjustment is needed on your end, and for me it's just a simple "if player inventory item == Hydrocraft.CardboardBox" :P Which will create no errors if hydrocraft isn't installed, but automatically works when it is.

I like mod compatibilities :P

Also, I'm not sure where to find the recipe for the "Iron Anvil"..you'd think it'd be with the iron working book but it isn't..tbh if I could find that I wouldn't bother messing with trying to make a "Lead Anvil" as it seems darn near impossible...

You need to read the Iron Working Textbook and/or the Lead Working Textbook to unlock the anvils.

I don't need them, what I ment was to add the item name for the cardboardboxes, wooden crates, etc items to also work for the mod. in layman's terms; the cardboard boxes from your mod automatically count as a picked up cardboard box in mine, and is placable. That is, if the user has both mods. No adjustment is needed on your end, and for me it's just a simple "if player inventory item == Hydrocraft.CardboardBox" :P Which will create no errors if hydrocraft isn't installed, but automatically works when it is.

They should not be. All my item have the HC infront of them.

So a Cardboard Box would be Hydrocraft.HCCardboardbox.

Also since they are bags it would not be good for them to be picked up since they would loose their inventory unless you found a way to transfer the inventory of a "bag" into a "crate".

One of the bigger problems I've noticed is weight with the game, even though weight is reduced with certain items, that reduction goes away if it's unequiped or on the ground.

I wonder if it's possible to make it so weight reduction is constant for example with the waggon with oxen. In multiplayer I saw someone essentially lose their character because they couldn't drop a wheelbarrow that was too heavy, because it had a pack dog in it that was over the 50 weight limit (due to organized trait) - couldn't be moved out of the wheelbarrow, and the wheelbarrow couldn't be dropped.

On the other end of things, if you drop something that's too heavy to pick up like a wheelbarrow that has stuff in it, you won't be able to pick it back up. I suppose it's mostly due to how the vanilla game doesn't have a great weight system to support the new ways to carry items.

For now that's the risk you take by using those larger containers. Know that you could starve to death if you don't empty the inventory fast enough. Or be attacked by zeds without a way to hold a weapon.

After I used italian herbs as spice for a soup I wasn't able to see details anymore (only the main ingredients but no spices and the bonus points).

Yeah I am aware of this. If anyone knows a fix for this I would love to hear it ,

They should not be. All my item have the HC infront of them.

So a Cardboard Box would be Hydrocraft.HCCardboardbox.

Also since they are bags it would not be good for them to be picked up since they would loose their inventory unless you found a way to transfer the inventory of a "bag" into a "crate".

That... basicly is exactly what my mod does, and I'll look up the corresponding names for all the items if the permision is granted, and I'll get working on it :)

The bag to crate/fridge/stove/whatever you want keeps it's inventory when converted from world object to item form and the other way around, also they keep their function and all other properties such as world sprite etc. If you pick up an object such as a fridge, you don't need to take the items out. Nor when you place it. Same goes with anything implimented into the coding. :)

soooo.... is that a green light?

Alright so I'm not a complete noob to either PZ or Hydrocraft but I've never had this bad of luck before. I've mined over 1,000 stone in a regular (non-upgrade) mine shaft and was only able to get two (2) iron ore and one (1) tin ore. I did get some other stuff (meteorite, quartz, clay, limestone, sandstone, lots of chipped stones, ect..) but not a single ore of any not mentioned. Is this to be expected? Here is a link to the screen shot; http://i.imgur.com/XuQ112F.png

What you mine and how rare the ore is, is based on your foraging skill. A good way to raise it is to get the tree, fungi, and flower book guides and search for flora in different spots. You don't get tired from this like regular foraging, but it's not as successful either. I think it's on the top of the Survivalist tab in the crafting menu.