Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hello there people! 

This is an absolutly great mod. I have found so much stuff to do, however I still have some questions.

1) I have installed this mod while I was playing sandbox mode. I had a base in West Point, and I have started finding Hydrocraft items in the zeds corpses. Also all crafts do work, however I have looted all of the West Point houses, even those that were not looted before Hydrocraft has been installed. Do I need to start the new game? Or for example, if i go to Muldrough (which I have never visited in this profile), will I find the Hydrocraft items there?

2)Due to severalproblems with my Inhtel graphics video card i can not enable 3d models. Will this affect the models in the Mod? What I mean is: will there be invisible items without a texture?

3) How do I find dogs and other anymals? Not the ones I need to hunt for, but those like chickens goats etc

thank you!

Hydromancer,

I've just been looting the big supermarket in New Denver (I was looking for new textbooks and bags of rubbish, and got distracted) and I thought of something. I know that there's a fair amount of stuff that can be boxed up for convenience - MREs, cotton swabs, BBs and other ammo, and so on. Would it be possible to turn cardboard boxes and multiples of 12 or 24 tins of food into a box of tinned <whatever> - it'd make my food store look and feel more organized if I could pile all those tins of green beans and the like into boxes of tinned green beans, and make inventory maangement a little easier.

Hello there people! 

This is an absolutly great mod. I have found so much stuff to do, however I still have some questions.

1) I have installed this mod while I was playing sandbox mode. I had a base in West Point, and I have started finding Hydrocraft items in the zeds corpses. Also all crafts do work, however I have looted all of the West Point houses, even those that were not looted before Hydrocraft has been installed. Do I need to start the new game? Or for example, if i go to Muldrough (which I have never visited in this profile), will I find the Hydrocraft items there?

You will find the items in MP if you push a server loot respawn. In SP - you're out of luck until you hit a area that you haven't VISITED yet. Note that once you visit an unexplored area, the spawns of loot are already determined so if you've passed through earlier before installing the mod - you may be out of luck. :(

2)Due to severalproblems with my Inhtel graphics video card i can not enable 3d models. Will this affect the models in the Mod? What I mean is: will there be invisible items without a texture?

Nope. I keep 3d models off and have never had a problem with the flat sprites. The 3d models give me a headache as well so I have them off.

3) How do I find dogs and other anymals? Not the ones I need to hunt for, but those like chickens goats etc

First off: "animals." Small correction. :) Secondly: they're found via Hunting in the crafting menus once you're using Foraging and find Poop to go hunt them with. There are no goats in-game right now. Chickens are found by either hatching eggs, foraging and finding them on their own or via breeding in the Chicken Coop once you have a male and female!

thank you!

Please check the thread using the Search option at the top. Many of your questions may already be answered! Thanks for playing and hope you enjoy the mod!

Hydromancer,

I've just been looting the big supermarket in New Denver (I was looking for new textbooks and bags of rubbish, and got distracted) and I thought of something. I know that there's a fair amount of stuff that can be boxed up for convenience - MREs, cotton swabs, BBs and other ammo, and so on. Would it be possible to turn cardboard boxes and multiples of 12 or 24 tins of food into a box of tinned <whatever> - it'd make my food store look and feel more organized if I could pile all those tins of green beans and the like into boxes of tinned green beans, and make inventory maangement a little easier.

I can get behind this. Issue may be artwork again as well though plus the scripting since the cardboard boxes are seen as Containers right now and not a consumable...eh what do I know. I'm thinking OUT of the box here. :P

evankimori

Sorry mate, English is not my first language can do some stupid mistakes sometimes. You said: In SP - you're out of luck until you hit a area that you haven't VISITED yet. Note that once you visit an unexplored area, the spawns of loot are already determined so if you've passed through earlier before installing the mod - you may be out of luck.  :(  

Just confirm if i understand it right - I have never been outside West Point. When I go outside the bounds of this town, new area will be loaded with its own loot. That means that the loot is only determined when you enter the particular area, but not in the start of the game.

they're found via Hunting in the crafting menus once you're using Foraging and find Poop to go hunt them with. There are no goats in-game right now. Chickens are found by either hatching eggs, foraging and finding them on their own or via breeding in the Chicken Coop once you have a male and female!

i have found dogs on someone's screenshot. Are they also been found via hunting?

Hello there people! 

thank you!

1) Yup, you'll need to go to a brand new area that has not been loaded yet for the HC loot to spawn.  So if you haven't made the trek down to Muldraugh yet at all then you should find all the new cool items down there :)

2) I'm not really sure about the 3D models issue but I think you should be fine (I think the 3D models only applies to the zombie models?) Maybe someone else can chime in regarding this.

3) Check out this video about finding dogs https://youtu.be/hPV-tkVEMfg I cover how to find cows/oxen near the end (finding several of the other farm animals is a similar process)  Rabbits can be found in cages (usually in sheds on shelves from my experience or in crates) and chicken eggs should be able to be found through foraging (I think level 10, although I haven't actually gotten there myself yet)

evankimori

Sorry mate, English is not my first language can do some stupid mistakes sometimes.

No problem. We're all friends here! :) Glad to have you!

Just confirm if i understand it right - I have never been outside West Point. When I go outside the bounds of this town, new area will be loaded with its own loot. That means that the loot is only determined when you enter the particular area, but not in the start of the game.

Yurp. Everything spawns when you ENTER. If you've ever watched a MP server window, it loads the areas by tiles to generate what's going on and what's there. So unexplored areas should be no problem!

i have found dogs on someone's screenshot. Are they also been found via hunting?

Actually, NoMiS beat me to it! Check out his YT channel! He has videos up on Hunting and Dogs as well! They're found by using a Binoculars and a Dog Whistle and searching for them. Have a look. He may explain it in a shorter space than I can type! :D

As for the Goats...seems I was wrong. They are there apparently but they're rare!

Hello people !

I got some questions who tend to interfere when I play...

1) I always see when searching, some shop-vac, hand vac etc...It an have an purpose (or an important purpose) ? I looked in the recipes but i found nothing.

It serves to clean something ?

2) Does the item "Cleanser" serves to clean blood stain ? I now in the recipe that the dishwashing liquid is used to make a special bomb :razz:  in Hydrocraft, but what about the "Cleanser " ?

3) Is it possible that some items don't spawn in the map (Or spawn only in Wespoint) ? Because for me i had some items that i never found when searching at storages units, warehouses etc... The items are for now the Auger (I always find them when i play at Wespoint Map, i never found one in Muldraugh map) and strangely i can find more the "Dog Whistle" before my long break i frenquently founded some at Muldraugh map but now, i didn't find anymore.

I love the new release Hydro :-D  ! Keep up the great work !

Cheers,

Hello people !

1) I always see when searching, some shop-vac, hand vac etc...It an have an purpose (or an important purpose) ? I looked in the recipes but i found nothing. It serves to clean something ?

Been wondering that myself. Always hoped I'd be able to take it apart for parts...but nothing yet so far AFAIK. Anyone else have any input?

2) Does the item "Cleanser" serves to clean blood stain ? I now in the recipe that the dishwashing liquid is used to make a special bomb :razz:  in Hydrocraft, but what about the "Cleanser " ?

Pretty sure it'll make it into Chemical usage or Alchemy at some point. I pick it up regardless anyway. There's be a use for it someday! Have a crate of it stored away at base.

3) Is it possible that some items don't spawn in the map (Or spawn only in Wespoint) ? Because for me i had some items that i never found when searching at storages units, warehouses etc... The items are for now the Auger (I always find them when i play at Wespoint Map, i never found one in Muldraugh map) and strangely i can find more the "Dog Whistle" before my long break i frenquently founded some at Muldraugh map but now, i didn't find anymore.

I think that's more a base-game code issue in how it determines WHERE certain classes of items will spawn really.

If you think about it, you see more of X items in certain locations. Same reason why you find Gas Cans more at 'Gas Station' tagged areas and Warehouses as opposed to someone's kitchen cupboard or in the laundry room on a shelf. I'd imagine how the items are coded, they need to be set into classes which are then pushed to locations to be spawned.

Cheers,

Hello people !

1) I always see when searching, some shop-vac, hand vac etc...It an have an purpose (or an important purpose) ? I looked in the recipes but i found nothing. It serves to clean something ?

Been wondering that myself. Always hoped I'd be able to take it apart for parts...but nothing yet so far AFAIK. Anyone else have any input?

Pretty sure it'll make it into Chemical usage or Alchemy at some point. I pick it up regardless anyway. There's be a use for it someday! Have a crate of it stored away at base.

I think that's more a base-game code issue in how it determines WHERE certain classes of items will spawn really.

If you think about it, you see more of X items in certain locations. Same reason why you find Gas Cans more at 'Gas Station' tagged areas and Warehouses as opposed to someone's kitchen cupboard or in the laundry room on a shelf. I'd imagine how the items are coded, they need to be set into classes which are then pushed to locations to be spawned.

Cheers,

Thank you for fast answer  :eek:

1) As the shop vac, forgot to ask you the same question about the Garden Hose ?

3) Well except Warehouses, where i can find an Auger in Muldraugh (Maybe at the sawmill) ? I already find some at garage but this time i played at Wespoint.

to 1 ... oh i have many ideas what to do with a Vac ;) .... (hmm not what you think  ... but a primitive Vacuumizer for example to vacuumize some food, or for Medic so you can made a liposuction and change the trait "Overweight" to normal when you have medic 10 and a few other things ... no that was a stupid idea. Funny but stupid)

Yeah parts can be the Steelpipe and the Electromotor. Maybe some Plasticparts aand Electroscrap/wire ...

Errrrr...from what I remember: there's a mod that allows irrigation to crops WITH a GH...not sure if anything of the sort is implemented into Hydrocraft at this time.

Other than that with HC as your main mod - Melt/Scrap them down for either Steel or Rubber. Can't remember which. Not in front of a PC with my setup right now! :)

3) Well except Warehouses, where i can find an Auger in Muldraugh (Maybe at the sawmill) ? I already find some at garage but this time i played at Wespoint.

Oigh. Muld...Small Storage and Warehouses to the left side of the map are your best bet. Warehouses Out Of Town are next up.

Read up http://pzmap.crash-override.net/ and see what you can find! Full map of the game!

Errrrr...from what I remember: there's a mod that allows irrigation to crops WITH a GH...not sure if anything of the sort is implemented into Hydrocraft at this time.

Other than that with HC as your main mod - Melt/Scrap them down for either Steel or Rubber. Can't remember which. Not in front of a PC with my setup right now! :)

Oigh. Muld...Small Storage and Warehouses to the left side of the map are your best bet. Warehouses Out Of Town are next up.

Read up http://pzmap.crash-override.net/ and see what you can find! Full map of the game!

Thank  :-)  !

I always forget every time a to ask an question  :-(  sorry (it comes out of my memory and it comes back after I posted, and after you answer, sorry).

i like this item the IBC, but i don't know how to use it. How to fill the IBC (maybe the GH :eek: ) ? 

I know this site, it's useful, so i already read up and search in storage units, and two warehouses, no auger well maybe no luck.

Thank  :-)  !

I always forget every time a to ask an question  :-(  sorry (it comes out of my memory and it comes back after I posted, and after you answer, sorry).

i like this item the IBC, but i don't know how to use it. How to fill the IBC (maybe the GH :eek: ) ? 

It's filled like any other container! It's simply a larger one. Pick it up, go to a body of water (Lake, Sink, Toilet) or have another water source in your inventory (Pot of Boiled Water/Water Bottle/Kettle) and use the right-click menu and fill up the IBC. It will not work on 'Use From Floor' so it must be in your inventory. We use them in our base to store large amounts of boiled, drinking water and when you get up to 10 Carpentry - you can build a water tower as well!

I know this site, it's useful, so i already read up and search in storage units, and two warehouses, no auger well maybe no luck.

Keep checking. Single player is where you really DO feel the pinch of NOT finding something a lot more. Check the hardware stores too!

I can get behind this. Issue may be artwork again as well though plus the scripting since the cardboard boxes are seen as Containers right now and not a consumable...eh what do I know. I'm thinking OUT of the box here. :P

True, but the blast furnace recipe uses a wooden crate as a consumable, so there's already a recipe doing this... although I don't think you can break the blast furnace down and get the crate back.

Hey Hydro!

I'm running hydrocraft along with my own mods, and during testing I kept slowly going mad because of getting errors from the compass script when you collapse a stack of items and right click one of them. Eventually I figured to fix the code. I haven't gotten around to posting it yet, so here it is:

Your code:

ISCompassMenu.lua

for i,v in ipairs(clickedItems) do		local inv = getPlayer():getInventory()		for i = 1,#v.items do			local item = v.items[i];			if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") then				if item:getName() == "Compass" and not inv:FindAndReturn("HCMap") then					ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("onlyCompass", item:getName())					break				elseif item:getName() == "Map" and not inv:FindAndReturn("HCCompass") then					ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("map", item:getName())					break				elseif item:getName() == "GPS" then					ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("GPS", item:getName())					break				elseif item:getName() == "Map" and inv:FindAndReturn("HCCompass") then					ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("mapAndCompass", item:getName())					break				elseif item:getName() == "Compass" and inv:FindAndReturn("HCMap") then					ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("mapAndCompass", item:getName())					break				end			end		end	end

The fixed code:

ISCompassMenu.lua

for i,v in ipairs(clickedItems) do	local inv = getPlayer():getInventory()	local item = v;	if not instanceof(v, "InventoryItem") then            item = v.items[1];        end	if instanceof(item, "InventoryItem") then		if item:getName() == "Compass" and not inv:FindAndReturn("HCMap") then			ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("onlyCompass", item:getName())			break		elseif item:getName() == "Map" and not inv:FindAndReturn("HCCompass") then			ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("map", item:getName())			break		elseif item:getName() == "GPS" then			ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("GPS", item:getName())			break		elseif item:getName() == "Map" and inv:FindAndReturn("HCCompass") then			ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("mapAndCompass", item:getName())			break		elseif item:getName() == "Compass" and inv:FindAndReturn("HCMap") then			ISCompassMenu.finishFunction("mapAndCompass", item:getName())			break		end	end    end

You're doing an amazing job with this mod, and I personally love it to bits! If there is anything I can help out with, or if you need me to check some coding just let me know! <3