Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Guys, how do I wear the hats of the mod?? I found few of them but there is no "Wear" option.

None of the hats serve a purpose in-game right now in the mod besides being part of some craftable items really, sorry. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recall seeing some pictures from the PZ devs showing that they are working on implementing wearable hats and visualizing the bags that our survivors wear...

Wish I could assist ya there NoMis, I love your videos!

We've played around with salting and jerky on our own server for testing legitimately but I'm no YouTube pro! I have some content I'd gladly submit if I could!

Hi evankimori! Send me an e-mail at nomisplays@icloud.com and we can discuss :)

Guys, how do I wear the hats of the mod?? I found few of them but there is no "Wear" option.

None of the hats serve a purpose in-game right now in the mod besides being part of some craftable items really, sorry. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recall seeing some pictures from the PZ devs showing that they are working on implementing wearable hats and visualizing the bags that our survivors wear...

I think that's still in Beta AKA (IWBUMS) unless they've released notes and a live version of the client. Playing right now and hats aren't useful right now. :P

I'll stand corrected if they added something that I happened to miss!

With the 32.29 beta update, I'm getting some issues with getting my players connected to the server again since I seem to be back on 32.27 and not getting the update just yet.

That being said - Submissions for 15 Sept 2015:

• Creating Makeshift Axe by removing the head of a spawned Axe and creating the new one removes the 'Chop down Tree' option from right-click menu. Still running 32.27 so I don't know if that has anything to do with IWBUMS yet or Hydrocraft.
  • The following errors are being seeing in the Server log on loading now whilst in 32.27:

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCShortglassempty" in recipe "Mix Old Fashioned"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCBoxinggloves" in recipe "Exercise with Punching Bag"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "EnduranceChange" in recipe "Exercise with Punching Bag"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "EnduranceChange" in recipe "Exercise with Weights"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCJunktremill" in recipe "Repair Tredmill"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "EnduranceChange" in recipe "Exercise on Tredmill"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCLargeSheetMetal" in recipe "Build Industrial Furnace"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCJunktremill" in recipe "Dismantle Tredmill"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCRubbergloves" in recipe "Make Homemade Crystal Meth"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCPillBox" in recipe "Make Anti-Depression Pills"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "BBPillBox" in recipe "Close Anti-Depression Pill Box"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCWastebucket" in recipe "Fill Petri Dish"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCDustbinfull" in recipe "Fill Petri Dish"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCActionfigure1" in recipe "Play With"

ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCActionfigure1" in recipe "Play With"

ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCAmmoniabomb" in recipe "Make Ammonia Bomb"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "BBSteamHammer" in recipe "Craft Rocket Launcher"

ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCSteamHammer" in recipe "Craft Flamethrower"

Questions:

• Do Weaving > Leather Boots have any stat changes currently? Protection? Speed etc? Because I'm wearing a pair that doesn't seem to have any changes. Same question for Scavenge Shroud and the Improvised Hazmat Suit.
  • Is there currently a way in-game to acquire Thread besides Floss seeing that we have a fixed amount in a spawn or planned for a future release? I know we have Weaving options for other types of cloth/thread etc but good 'ol Thread is the question.
  • Is there a plan to add a second recipe for Make Blast Furnace using Pallet Of Grey Bricks? Just to be fair for those who happen to have no RNG luck?
Edited by evankimori

0a. Not much I can do about that since its a new item and not the original axe anymore.

0b. Thanks for posting those. I will try to squash all I can.

1a. Leather Boots are warmer than normal shoes. Thus are better in the winter to avoid the cold moodle.

1b. Shroud is just a converted thing from the Breaking Dead mod.

1c. Hazmat Suit is used for making Blue Meth.

2. Not at the moment. We use to but it got exploited.

3. No, red bricks will only be used for that. However there are plans for red and grey brick walls so they will have a use eventually.

One more bug for the record, if you don't already have it up:

• Smash Dried Potato To Flour recipe consumes the Baking Tray and does not refund them once the Zipper Bag is used.

Edit @ 12:34AM...

Wow. After a good bit of testing, seems a lot of the Potato recipes basically eat the ORIGINAL containers and don't refund them.

Made some Creamy mashed Potatoes and then put them into bowls. It created the 2 x Bowls of Creamy Masked Potatoes and destroyed the Cooking Pot.

Verified that the Pot was not on ground, inventory, logged out and logged back in etc. Nothing.

Edited by evankimori

Is it just me or is concrete impossible to find? Looked everywhere in Muldraugh. May have to make a trip to West Point.

Depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for the Bags Of Concrete Powder etc? Because the actual Concrete items don't spawn as-is!

Take a look at the Warehouses near the Fossoil by the Picnic Grounds, the Northern Farmhouse after the Church and Graveyard. That's where I usually find my set either as Concrete Mix or Plaster Mix.

Remember that the bags can spawn in any relatively 'industrial' zone if the game does have a sort function like that. Graveyards, the Storage Units and the Garages with the single doors to break in via window are your best bets as well. Don't forget the Mega-Mart!

Also remember that the truck containers in the yards of the Warehouse and large parking lots are sometimes open as well if you go around the back of them! Probably the RNG messing with you somewhat as well! :D

Hello !

Just got a small question...Does Hydrocraft change the spawn rate of saws ? Because in my old game i noticed now the difficult to find one, and strangely I had to find routinely in the crates of warehouse, and when i came at the warehouse to search, NO ONE SAW ! I found everything in crates (like axe, sledgehammer, nails, gas tank, plaster, watering can) exept this damn saw :mad: !

I remeber before my long break for playing PZ, that i already got this problem one time (i've searched all warehouse and no one saws !!!) So i finaly find two,three but at the warehouse shelf, did they change spawn position ?!  :shock: . 

Im afraid to play a game and once again never find a saws like the other time.

Yes and no. It doesn't mess with the spawn rate. However there are more things that can spawn. Thus the game may pick a Hydrocraft item instead of a base game item. However base game items have higher odds of spawning than Hydrocraft items. But there are more Hydrocraft items.

Thank for the answer, so far i started a new game at Westpoint, and i go to the school, find the room with the shelfs and find 3 saws on there lol.

So quick Q Hydro, I am using ORM's Gun mod so I cannot hunt animals with any weapon :( I will be needing a bow so how can I make the arrow heads? What book do I need to be looking for? Also is there any chance of a little patch that lets ORM's Real Gun mod people use his guns to hunt?

EDIT: Also other things dont work well with it either like crafting ammo, target practce etc.

So quick Q Hydro, I am using ORM's Gun mod so I cannot hunt animals with any weapon :( I will be needing a bow so how can I make the arrow heads? What book do I need to be looking for? Also is there any chance of a little patch that lets ORM's Real Gun mod people use his guns to hunt?

EDIT: Also other things dont work well with it either like crafting ammo, target practce etc.

The Book you're looking for is the Archery Textbook. Light brown/grey cover. Has all the recipes for Arrowheads, Arrows, the Longbow and the various Fletching recipes that use feathers and/or duct tape. (Though why you'd ever want to waste duct tape like that is beyond me...) You'll need lots of Glue and Adhesive tape.

To Hunt in Hydrocraft, you can use the Spears as well if you can't craft the Bow or Crossbow yet.

As for the gun mod - I'll let Hydro answer that.

Edited by evankimori

^ thanks alot for the helpful response. I will be using the spears now lol. I got the archery textbook last game and it seems it didnt give me the arrowhead recipes (though I think I am getting confused with Fletcher and archery idk)

"Fletching (also known as a flight) is the aerodynamic stabilization of arrows or darts with materials such as feathers, each piece of which is referred to as a fletch. A fletcher is a person who attaches the fletching." - There ya go! Simple definition. :D

The book usually gives you the Fletching (necessary for the arrow's creation) via the Feathers or the Duct Tape. If you're using the most recent version of Hydrocraft - the recipe(s) will be in the Survival tab. Remember that you need Glue, Wood Glue, Duct Tape or Adhesive Tape!

Remember as well that you can make the Plans if you have Pen/Pencil/Paper as well.

^ ya just saw you need to make the plans which need the archery book which needs a bookshelf which needs a safe place to loot which in order to clear a place I need the dang arrows :( it is such a vicious cycle lol

Wellllllllllll...if you have the tools, why not try the newly added Stakes in the Carpentry menu once you can actually time the zed's movement and stabbing animations? May take some practice with some bites/scratches/deaths as well if it is you want to risk going toe-to-toe with them for the satisfaction of driving a sharpened piece of wood THROUGH THEIR SKULLS!

Obviusly you cannot use weapons from ORM's Gun mod to hunt.

You need the archery textbook to make longbows and crossbows.

And no. There are just too many weapons in that mod to make a patch.

And yes you cannot craft ORM's Gun mod ammo with Hydrocraft.

That goes for any other weapon mod that adds new weapons.

Questions for 17 Sept 2015:

-Is there a longevity plan for Italian Herbs and replacing them or an alternate source in terms of Make Tomato Sauce recipe > Make Bowl of Tomato Sauce > Make BBQ Sauce recipe sets? Because we all know we're limited in supply once zones run dry. :P

-Can Salt bottles be refilled (NOT Curing Salt) or we have an alternative in-mod yet? I know you've done the Curing Salt (Saltpeter) setup already.

-Is there a longevity plan for Italian Herbs and replacing them or an alternate source in terms of Make Tomato Sauce recipe > Make Bowl of Tomato Sauce > Make BBQ Sauce recipe sets? Because we all know we're limited in supply once zones run dry. :P

-Can Salt bottles be refilled (NOT Curing Salt) or we have an alternative in-mod yet? I know you've done the Curing Salt (Saltpeter) setup already.

i saw in the Looking For Artists... thread that rock salt is one of the things that's been added, so I'd guess that perhaps we're going to be able to mine and then grind rock salt to get salt?

i saw in the Looking For Artists... thread that rock salt is one of the things that's been added, so I'd guess that perhaps we're going to be able to mine and then grind rock salt to get salt?

Well so far, I haven't found a recipe that allows me to grind Salt. I can do Saltpeter > Curing Salt bags with a Funnel but not Rock Salt yet.

Hydrocraft v3.8 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Pies

- Fixed Magazine

- Fixed Gunpowder

- Fixed Bird Butcher Bug

- Pack Dogs can now removed bags, (Empty them first!)

- Fixed Harvesting Pig Bones

- Removed Endurance Bug from Gym objects.

- Fixed a bunch of bugs reported by the players.

- Added a bunch of Lab equipment.

- Added 15 new Language books.

- Added the Torah and Koran

- Added Sanitation Jar, Straight Razor and Shaving Brush.

- Added Box of Sewing Pins and Pin Cushon

- Added Crutch, Aluminum Crutch and Makeshift Crutch.

- Added Flip Flops and Boots.

- Added Wood Beam and Wood Sheet.

- Added items to the Hair Salon loot table.

- Added Quartz Crystal.

- Added Goats! (Can be fed, milked, sheared and butchered)

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Hydrocraft v3.8 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Pies

- Fixed Magazine

- Fixed Gunpowder

- Fixed Bird Butcher Bug

- Pack Dogs can now removed bags, (Empty them first!)

- Fixed Harvesting Pig Bones

- Removed Endurance Bug from Gym objects.

- Fixed a bunch of bugs reported by the players.

- Added a bunch of Lab equipment.

- Added 15 new Language books.

- Added the Torah and Koran

- Added Sanitation Jar, Straight Razor and Shaving Brush.

- Added Box of Sewing Pins and Pin Cushon

- Added Crutch, Aluminum Crutch and Makeshift Crutch.

- Added Flip Flops and Boots.

- Added Wood Beam and Wood Sheet.

- Added items to the Hair Salon loot table.

- Added Quartz Crystal.

- Added Goats! (Can be fed, milked, sheared and butchered)

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

YAHO ! Excelent Team Work !