Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

NEW Question: I Build the Labority and we have medical text and have make the recipe for antibiotic....

BUT:  Wher the hell we get Petri Dish ? Is it craftable or Findable ? we need 3 x Petri Dish for crafting Antibiotics.

or give it a recipe book ????

Okay, some things I've noticed about Hunting. I know you're already working on fixing it Hydro but just making sure you're aware of these:

-When Hunting, if gun is loaded Survivalist recipe does not show recipe as counting shells IN the Shotgun. I.e. if I load 6x shells into Shotgun, the recipe does not recognize that the shells are still in my inventory.

-When Hunting, weapons do not lose durability. Working as intended or no current system to adjust to take Durability into consideration?

-Still not sure about Clothes Lines. Made 1x Clothes Line, upgraded it to Double, planted it on the group and right-clicked and checked menus with 2 x Wet Towels in my inventory with no result. Am I using it correctly or do I have to find a recipe book/magazine to get the recipe to hang out said clothing?

-Current purpose/functionality of Scarecrows? Because I realize zeds just walk right past mine even though I've made a few on the border of my camp. No use currently besides decoration?

Okay, some things I've noticed about Hunting. I know you're already working on fixing it Hydro but just making sure you're aware of these:

-When Hunting, if gun is loaded Survivalist recipe does not show recipe as counting shells IN the Shotgun. I.e. if I load 6x shells into Shotgun, the recipe does not recognize that the shells are still in my inventory.

-When Hunting, weapons do not lose durability. Working as intended or no current system to adjust to take Durability into consideration?

-Still not sure about Clothes Lines. Made 1x Clothes Line, upgraded it to Double, planted it on the group and right-clicked and checked menus with 2 x Wet Towels in my inventory with no result. Am I using it correctly or do I have to find a recipe book/magazine to get the recipe to hang out said clothing?

-Current purpose/functionality of Scarecrows? Because I realize zeds just walk right past mine even though I've made a few on the border of my camp. No use currently besides decoration?

1. Not sure what I can do about that.

2. Like Hammers and stuff they do not loose durability when crafting. So yeah. Only in combat.

3. Did you add the clothes to the line first?

4. Sorry just decorative for now. Mainly for multiplayer RPing.

When drying fruits or vegetables to put in Ziploc bags, it uses up the water bottle variant of the lemon container. Lost a couple of whiskey bottles that way, not sure if that is intended.

Have yet to try the bowls or any other container. 

Have yet to find the washing machines or other appliances, I'm guessing they're in the junkyards? I made a small one and filled it up, not sure what it gave me since I had so much stuff in my inventory and it only let me search it once. Also, there's no recipe for the large junkyard except to fill it. 

While watching nomis videos, he said something about making yeast? 

Are the wood glue requirements for the wagon wheel supposed to be that high? because 12 wood glue per wheel seems like it would require you to take trips to other places in the map like muldrough or other player made map mods. 

I have 11 wood glue after looting around west point, haven't hit the large warehouse on the north part of the map though. 

You can craft wood lue from Wax and Glue. Thus Wax from Bees and Glue from Zombie or Animal Bones.

Do I have to read a book for this or something? because I can't see the recipe and when I right click the wax or glue on my inventory I get nothing as well, had over 20 of each and had the other items used to make glue for the making of glue from bones. 

Hydrocraft v3.7 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed extra Pans for Tater recipes.

- Fixed Hunting code.

- Redid mining code.

- Fixed Junkyard code.

- Added Bunch of Berries recipes.

- Fixed Tupperware with Berries.

- Fixed missing pots from recipes.

- Can now compost cherries.

- Fixed Pumpkin Bread.

- Fixed Silk Processing.

- Fixed Petridish spawning.

- Added IBC containers and towers for storing water.

- Added a TON of Pickling recipes.

- Added Biogas collection so now you can refill propane tanks.

- Added Methanol Making.

- Added Lye Making.

- Added Pallet of Log and Pallets of MREs (Small, Medium and Large).

- Added 9 new Toys!

- Added Power Cord and Power Generator. You can now charge batteries via charcoal power.

- Added Waxpaper, Dentures, Adult Magazine, Motor Oil and Fish Food.

- Added Lighter Fluid so you can refill Lighters!

- Added Injection research blueprints.

- Added Sling.

- Added Christmas lights and another stage to decorating the Christmas Tree!

- Added War Pitbull as a weapon and craftable War Dog Armor!

- New Categories in the Crafting Menu; Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Glassworking, Leisure, Masonry, Pottery, Ranching, Stoneworking and Weaving!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Do I have to read a book for this or something? because I can't see the recipe and when I right click the wax or glue on my inventory I get nothing as well, had over 20 of each and had the other items used to make glue for the making of glue from bones. 

I stand corrected. There IS a change to how Glue is made as of recent due to needing the Kiln now. The correct recipe is as follows:

(Some of the terms may not be EXACTLY as shown in-game but bear with me. XD)

• Get Pottery Book to learn Kiln > Make Kiln > Make Clay Cauldron and Charcoal.
  • Get 2 x Stone > Make Mortar and Pestle
  • Get Medical Textbook > Learn Gather Bones From Corpses > Combine Corpse with Saw to Harvest Bones (Note this includes Bones from Hunting prey and Cooking > Butchering corpses for Skeleton and from Zombie Corpses)
  • Use Bones with M&P to make Bone Powder
  • Combine Kiln + Clay Cauldron + Water + 10 x Bone Powder + Fire Source (Lighter, Matches etc) to get Glue.

tl;dr - You're looking at about 60 Clay here before you can even begin to make Glue. Kiln = 50 Red/Grey clay, Cauldron = 5-10 Clay (Not too sure atm - not near the game.) AND searching for the above 3 books before you can begin. The Medical Textbook, the Pottery text and the one that teaches you the Kiln recipe, much less finding a Saw.

Note that it's SUBSTANTIALLY MORE complicated to make Glue this round as opposed to the mod about 3-4 versions back. This was possibly done as a balance issue seeing that Glue is used in so many recipes and we have to make use of a lot of mod content...Arrows for example. It sounds cumbersome but the balance IS necessary.a

I've done it in a few hours work solo but it's immensely satisfying when you DO get it going. :P

I can only imagine how it feels to be on a PVP server and having your Kiln of all things stolen...

YES I KNOW we need to update the Wiki as a community but I'm not getting an ounce of time to add in the articles and tables sorry to say! Been rather busy myself to where I'm actually playing and TRYING to break things so that I can assist in keeping things fairly stable. :)

1. Not sure what I can do about that. - Bummer. It stinks that you can't unload the weapon either so that's a resource management there. Oh well, can't get everything perfect. Thanks for the input!

2. Like Hammers and stuff they do not loose durability when crafting. So yeah. Only in combat. - Makes sense. Still a minor nag but nothing you can do there. That's PZ's team.

3. Did you add the clothes to the line first? - That's the thing - I don't see any way to ADD the clothes. Unless I have to add the clothes to the Line when it's still Single before upgrading it? So far this is how I've done it:

-Build Line through Carpentry

-Upgrade with Twine to Double Line

-2 x Wet Towels in inventory.

-Drop Clothes Line on floor.

-Right click object in world or in inventory...Nothing.

As usual: I can provide screenshots if it is I happen to be doing something wrong or derping that hard! XD

4. Sorry just decorative for now. Mainly for multiplayer RPing. - Dang. Now I'm going to have to take those down because they're starting to smell. The neighbors are complaining!

• THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing the Category sorting of the crafting menus. By Talos' beard - I love you. <3 My OCD itched every time I had to scroll-search a recipe by hand. XD
  • Getting to the Biogas, Junkyard and Meth stages of construction are a bit cumbersome but dang if it is you're not encouraging us to pack up shop and move to the center of town now! We hermits on the edge of towns in the cabins are getting pushed out dangit! :D Hauling all that pipe back to my Cabin to make alcohol is heavy dagnabit!
  • Thanks for the Tupperware fix. Glad to be of partial service to get that one sorted out! I'll test it again tonight as I logon to make sure everything's working and post any bugs I find.
  • Pallets...of MRE's...Geez. O_o Why would someone need all those MRE's? Are you people constipated or something?! There's fresh fish and vegetables for chrissakes! :D

Hi Hydromancer,

I've been playing around with some of the new recipes, and I've found a few oddities:

- The craft Pot of Rice Pudding recipe still doesn't use rice

- The Prepare Jarred Lemons recipe doesn't use sliced lemons - instead, it uses 8 orange slices

- Although you can't slice Peaches to create Peach Slices (unlike apples, limes, lemons, oranges, etc) there's still a Dry Some Peach Slices recipe that works with standard peaches. It seems a bit odd that it's the only fruit you can create dried slices for that you can't actually slice to begin with.

- There are carpenty recipes that generate IBC storage supports and upgrade IBC storage, but IBC storage itself doesn't seem to be a craftable item

- The Welding textbook teaches the "Industrial Furnace" recipe, but that recipe doesn't seem to appear in any of the various recipe lists

@evankimori here is the code ...

recipe Hang Clothes    {        HCClothespin=6,        Underwear1/Underwear2/HCBriefs/HCBriefs2/HCBriefs3/HCBriefs4/HCBriefs5/HCBriefs6/HCBriefs7/HCPanties/HCPanties2/HCPanties3/HCPanties4/HCPanties5,        Vest,        Trousers,        HCClothesline,        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,        Result:HCClotheslinefull,        Time:50,        Category:Weaving,    }recipe Hang Clothes    {        HCClothespin=12,        Underwear1/Underwear2/HCBriefs/HCBriefs2/HCBriefs3/HCBriefs4/HCBriefs5/HCBriefs6/HCBriefs7/HCPanties/HCPanties2/HCPanties3/HCPanties4/HCPanties5,        Vest,        Trousers,        Socks/Socks2,        destroy BathTowel/BathTowelWet,        Sheet,        HCClothesline2,        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,        Result:HCClotheslinefull2,        Time:100,        Category:Weaving,    }recipe Dry Towel    {        destroy BathTowelWet,        keep HCClothespin=2,        keep HCClotheslinefull2,        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,        Result:BathTowel,        Time:1000,        Category:Weaving,    }

Thus you need the double clothesline if you want to dry towels..

Hi Hydromancer,

I've been playing around with some of the new recipes, and I've found a few oddities:

- The craft Pot of Rice Pudding recipe still doesn't use rice

- The Prepare Jarred Lemons recipe doesn't use sliced lemons - instead, it uses 8 orange slices

- Although you can't slice Peaches to create Peach Slices (unlike apples, limes, lemons, oranges, etc) there's still a Dry Some Peach Slices recipe that works with standard peaches. It seems a bit odd that it's the only fruit you can create dried slices for that you can't actually slice to begin with.

- There are carpenty recipes that generate IBC storage supports and upgrade IBC storage, but IBC storage itself doesn't seem to be a craftable item

- The Welding textbook teaches the "Industrial Furnace" recipe, but that recipe doesn't seem to appear in any of the various recipe lists

1. K will check it out.

2. Like Fluffe said he wrote that. I guess I missed it when adding to the mod.

3. Well bananas are the same way. Perhaps someone can draw me some Sliced Peaches and Bananas.

4. IBC containers you have to find. The towers are just stands for them to be held on.

5. Really? I will have to double check. I may have forgotten to add the recipe for it. Lots to keep track of when converting the Breaking Dead mod.

@evankimori here is the code ...

recipe Hang Clothes    {        HCClothespin=6,        Underwear1/Underwear2/HCBriefs/HCBriefs2/HCBriefs3/HCBriefs4/HCBriefs5/HCBriefs6/HCBriefs7/HCPanties/HCPanties2/HCPanties3/HCPanties4/HCPanties5,        Vest,        Trousers,        HCClothesline,        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,        Result:HCClotheslinefull,        Time:50,        Category:Weaving,    }recipe Hang Clothes    {        HCClothespin=12,        Underwear1/Underwear2/HCBriefs/HCBriefs2/HCBriefs3/HCBriefs4/HCBriefs5/HCBriefs6/HCBriefs7/HCPanties/HCPanties2/HCPanties3/HCPanties4/HCPanties5,        Vest,        Trousers,        Socks/Socks2,        destroy BathTowel/BathTowelWet,        Sheet,        HCClothesline2,        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,        Result:HCClotheslinefull2,        Time:100,        Category:Weaving,    }recipe Dry Towel    {        destroy BathTowelWet,        keep HCClothespin=2,        keep HCClotheslinefull2,        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,        Result:BathTowel,        Time:1000,        Category:Weaving,    }

Thus you need the double clothesline if you want to dry towels..

Herp a freaking derp.

I DIDN'T HAVE CLOTHESPINS.

*hangs head in shame and buries self under rock*

On another note: what does IBC stand for again?

Edited by evankimori

"- Added Pallet of Log and Pallets of MREs (Small, Medium and Large)." Right when I read this I smiled. I love to see my ideas in game, Thanks Hydro :)

Thanks again for them. Sorry it took so long. I get to things, just takes me awhile to get to them all since we have so much new stuff now.

Its all good bud! Ive been playing a bit on this update today and noticed that the MRE pallets hold more than they should, the small was supposed to be 4, medium was 8 and the large was 12 MRE's. I actually had found a large one in a warehouse and when I took the pallet apart I got like 24 boxes lmao. Unless you wanted them to hold that much! if thats the case dont mind me haha, however id suggest not being able to find the MRE pallets and just make it a recipe for storing them ( since finding 24 of them, is quite OP ;P)

Hydrocraft v3.7 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed extra Pans for Tater recipes.

- Fixed Hunting code.

- Redid mining code.

- Fixed Junkyard code.

- Added Bunch of Berries recipes.

- Fixed Tupperware with Berries.

- Fixed missing pots from recipes.

- Can now compost cherries.

- Fixed Pumpkin Bread.

- Fixed Silk Processing.

- Fixed Petridish spawning.

- Added IBC containers and towers for storing water.

- Added a TON of Pickling recipes.

- Added Biogas collection so now you can refill propane tanks.

- Added Methanol Making.

- Added Lye Making.

- Added Pallet of Log and Pallets of MREs (Small, Medium and Large).

- Added 9 new Toys!

- Added Power Cord and Power Generator. You can now charge batteries via charcoal power.

- Added Waxpaper, Dentures, Adult Magazine, Motor Oil and Fish Food.

- Added Lighter Fluid so you can refill Lighters!

- Added Injection research blueprints.

- Added Sling.

- Added Christmas lights and another stage to decorating the Christmas Tree!

- Added War Pitbull as a weapon and craftable War Dog Armor!

- New Categories in the Crafting Menu; Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Glassworking, Leisure, Masonry, Pottery, Ranching, Stoneworking and Weaving!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Dang Hydro, seems like you're pumping out more features than the actual developers themselves! Why haven't they hired you yet? :)

Pickling, recharging batteries and ability to refill propane tanks and lighters sounds awesome!

Keep it up!

Hello Hydro !

WOW ! Amazing progress of your mod ! That fantastic  :-)  Keep up the great work !

Sorry, that a long time ago since i didn't came to the forum (i gradually lose time to play at PZ, because of work, school final test etc..)

I think that the new updates that you added will be perfect ! I hope you will add more  :-D  AMAZING MOD !

Just also want to ask a question :

-The version of Hydrocraft is now 3.7, so can we play at build 32.27 ? Or you have a limited released, to wait the last build 32 update ? And for an exemple, with Hydrocraft 3.7, can i play at 32.17 ? Or im forced to play at the last release, otherwise it will have bugs ?

Cheers,