Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Found a pair of weird bugs playing in MP today:

-Creating and having more than one Rough Stone Axe in your inventory basically boosts the durability of the other for some reason and makes them harder to break.

Scenario: Created 2 x Stone Axes with Chipped Stone and had both in my inventory. Approach tree bare-handed and proceeded to use 'Cut Down Tree' menu option and animation proceeds. Tree falls, no durability loss from axe. Attempt on 7 other trees - same result but neither axe breaks. Try 8th tree and one axe breaks but immediately regains full durability. Other axe in dropdown menu is still at full durability. Hit 9th tree and BOTH axes break at the same time. One is marked with the X as broken and the other has its' durability empty but no broken icon. Both axes rendered unusable.

Not sure if this is a Hydrocraft issue but reporting anyway. I think there's no way to repair a broken stone axe at this time is there?

-Putting Berries gained from Foraging into a Tupperware container boosts their 'Hunger' refill quality. Berries on their own give -2 Hunger. When placed into a Tupperware container - they gain 60 Hunger per ONE BERRY.

Scenario: gathered stack of 18 berries from Foraging. Had Large and Small Tupperware container in inventory. Both empty. Proceeded to fill both containers with berries using the "Fill Tupperware Container with Food" option and each container only took ONE berry out of the stack. Stack is now 16 after filling both containers. Consuming from TC - both units gained -60 Hunger. Note that FILLING the container gives you 1.5 units of Cooking exp as well. Working as intended? Screenshots available if necessary.

-Cutting Logs > Wood Block gives exp but Wood Block > Wooden Ring gives no exp. Working as intended?

Questions/Suggestions:

• 'Harden Wooden Stake' - is it possible to use this recipe with a Campfire instead, seeing that creating them burns up Lighter and Matches which will eventually deplete in a map?
  • 'Broken Wooden Stake' and other broken WOODEN tool items - Can we use this in Campfires as fuel or is this a base-game scripting bit that may be out of your control Hydro?
  • 'Bunch Of Berries' and 'Pot Of Sugar Water' used for the Cooking Recipe to Cook Berries, Juicing etc - where can these items be found? Or is it a recipe out of one of the books/harvested? Pretty sure I've asked this question before and forgotten. XD
  • Does the Makeshift Shower do anything at this time? I'd like to know if I can get my soap and towel and take a bath now and again to relax! :D I know since you've added the Clothes Line that I don't need to use DryTowels anymore. Still not use for all those Socks and Panties/Underwear yet tho. :(
Edited by evankimori

Hydrocraft v3.6 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Hunting Sounds.

- Added Sledgehammer Crafting

- Fixed Goose Butchering.

- Added Ignition sources for Charcoal Making.

- Moved Injection Recipes to Medical.Category.

- Moved Fishing Recipes to Fishing Category.

- Added Lime and Lemon Drying, Juicing and Slicing.

- Added Mixing Drinks recipes and new Alcohol related items.

- Added Wagons (4 stages).

- Hunting Dog Breeds now can help you Hunt better.

- Added Cork and Test Tube with Cork.

- Added Oil Processing (Oil Press, Trough with Oil, Bucket of Oil, Oiled Plank, etc)

- Added Smelling Salts.

- Added Half of the Breaking Dead Mod By Cyrrent Eiledoll. More to come next week! It was just so much I could not get it all in this week.

Breaking Dead Stuff

- Added 12 New Books!

- Added 7 New Blueprints!

- Add Flamethrower and Rocket Launcher

- Added Hazmat, Goggles, Gas Mask etc.

- Explosives such as Thermite and Amonia Bombs!

- Lab and Professional Lab with crafting of Medications and Meth.

- Junk Yard (with stages), randomized trash digging, broken appliances and metal detectors.

- Willow Bark, Valerian, Maggots, Tar, Lithium Ore

- Torches

- Makeshift Sled, Scavengers Shroud and Makeshift Gas Mask.

- Industrial Furnace and Steam Hammer.

- More Welding stuff!

- Barrels, Toxic Waste and Disposing Corpses in Acid!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

-Creating and having more than one Rough Stone Axe in your inventory basically boosts the durability of the other for some reason and makes them harder to break.

Scenario: Created 2 x Stone Axes with Chipped Stone and had both in my inventory. Approach tree bare-handed and proceeded to use 'Cut Down Tree' menu option and animation proceeds. Tree falls, no durability loss from axe. Attempt on 7 other trees - same result but neither axe breaks. Try 8th tree and one axe breaks but immediately regains full durability. Other axe in dropdown menu is still at full durability. Hit 9th tree and BOTH axes break at the same time. One is marked with the X as broken and the other has its' durability empty but no broken icon. Both axes rendered unusable.

Not sure if this is a Hydrocraft issue but reporting anyway. I think there's no way to repair a broken stone axe at this time is there?

-Putting Berries gained from Foraging into a Tupperware container boosts their 'Hunger' refill quality. Berries on their own give -2 Hunger. When placed into a Tupperware container - they gain 60 Hunger per ONE BERRY.

Scenario: gathered stack of 18 berries from Foraging. Had Large and Small Tupperware container in inventory. Both empty. Proceeded to fill both containers with berries using the "Fill Tupperware Container with Food" option and each container only took ONE berry out of the stack. Stack is now 16 after filling both containers. Consuming from TC - both units gained -60 Hunger. Note that FILLING the container gives you 1.5 units of Cooking exp as well. Working as intended? Screenshots available if necessary.

-Cutting Logs > Wood Block gives exp but Wood Block > Wooden Ring gives no exp. Working as intended?

Questions/Suggestions:

• 'Harden Wooden Stake' - is it possible to use this recipe with a Campfire instead, seeing that creating them burns up Lighter and Matches which will eventually deplete in a map?
  • 'Broken Wooden Stake' and other broken WOODEN tool items - Can we use this in Campfires as fuel or is this a base-game scripting bit that may be out of your control Hydro?
  • 'Bunch Of Berries' and 'Pot Of Sugar Water' used for the Cooking Recipe to Cook Berries, Juicing etc - where can these items be found? Or is it a recipe out of one of the books/harvested? Pretty sure I've asked this question before and forgotten. XD
  • Does the Makeshift Shower do anything at this time? I'd like to know if I can get my soap and towel and take a bath now and again to relax! :D I know since you've added the Clothes Line that I don't need to use DryTowels anymore. Still not use for all those Socks and Panties/Underwear yet tho. :(

1. Stone Axes are a Base Game thing.

2. Yeah I got o fix the berries for that.

3, The issue is with the packing. We are still looking for a way to stop xp from packing planks. But the base game gives XP for any recipe that uses planks.

4, Hmm I will have to think about the wooden stake thing. However I have been thinking about making more fuel for lighters and having them give empty lighters when they run out of fuel.

5, Good idea about campfire fuel.

6. Well you can burn socks I think.

Questions/Suggestions:

1. Stone Axes are a Base Game thing.

2. Yeah I got o fix the berries for that.

3, The issue is with the packing. We are still looking for a way to stop xp from packing planks. But the base game gives XP for any recipe that uses planks.

4, Hmm I will have to think about the wooden stake thing. However I have been thinking about making more fuel for lighters and having them give empty lighters when they run out of fuel.

5, Good idea about campfire fuel.

6. Well you can burn socks I think.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have the boys test more recipes etc on the server and add any more bugs I find. If there's anything we can do to help with a TO DO list or screenshots etc - please let us know!

Addressing the same issue (in terms of longevity for a server/map) concerning matches/lighters etc - since you added Torches as well and there's Campfires, can they be used as a flame source? I'm all for the Lighter Fluid development as well but for player base we need to address the complex option and the simple option as well if possible.

E.g. creating matches from Sulphur > Mortar And Pestle > Sulphur Powder & Sturdy Stick = Craft Matches [Engineering/Survival  crafting] ?

As a side thought as well - lighters can hold more fuel/provide more flame sources than matches persay. Or this is all limited by base-game scripting?

Side question:

• When I fillet Fish, carve Wooden Stakes etc with bladed tools (Kitchen Knife, Scissors, Meat Cleaver etc) I notice that they do not lose durability. Is this intentional or is a base game function? It's rather odd that I can carve up 20 Cows and my Meat Cleaver is still as sharp as when I first found it.
  • That and did you include Handmade Wooden Dowels in the mod yet by chance? Just curious.
Edited by evankimori

SEVERE: Error found in LUA file: */SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/Hydrocraft/media/lua/server/Hunting HCExtra.luase.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaException: Hunting HCExtra.lua:14: ')' expected near `do`	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.lexerror(LexState.java:280)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.syntaxerror(LexState.java:291)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.error_expected(LexState.java:686)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.check_match(LexState.java:716)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.funcargs(LexState.java:1068)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.primaryexp(LexState.java:1162)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.simpleexp(LexState.java:1217)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.subexpr(LexState.java:1309)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.expr(LexState.java:1327)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.explist1(LexState.java:1042)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.forlist(LexState.java:1569)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.forstat(LexState.java:1589)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.statement(LexState.java:1756)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.chunk(LexState.java:1796)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.block(LexState.java:1356)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.forbody(LexState.java:1520)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.fornum(LexState.java:1548)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.forstat(LexState.java:1585)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.statement(LexState.java:1756)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.chunk(LexState.java:1796)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.body(LexState.java:1032)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.funcstat(LexState.java:1687)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.statement(LexState.java:1764)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.chunk(LexState.java:1796)	at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.compile(LexState.java:200)	at se.krka.kahlua.luaj.compiler.LuaCompiler.loadis(LuaCompiler.java:132)	at se.krka.kahlua.luaj.compiler.LuaCompiler.loadis(LuaCompiler.java:124)	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:4052)	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:4029)	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:825)	at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:759)	at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState.enter(GameLoadingState.java:99)	at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:145)	at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:636)	at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1187)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:991)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:165)

That's an open () pair on line 14 in the Hunting HCExtra.lua,

The line should be:

for k,v in pairs(buildUtil.checkMaterialOnGround(getSpecificPlayer(player):getCurrentSquare())) do

to fix it.

Nice update, can't wait to try out all the new stuff

I'm still on 3.4 and when you eat potato pancakes it duplicates the frying pan which gives you a nice source of recyclable iron  :twisted:

Is there any way to make yeast yet? main reason I haven't tried making alcohol is because yeast is a limited supply and vinegar is a priority. 

Nice update, can't wait to try out all the new stuff

I'm still on 3.4 and when you eat potato pancakes it duplicates the frying pan which gives you a nice source of recyclable iron  :twisted:

Is there any way to make yeast yet? main reason I haven't tried making alcohol is because yeast is a limited supply and vinegar is a priority. 

Current version allows you to turn Berries > Wine > Vinegar. Yeast is still a WIP I think.

You have to prepare the Pot of Sugar water yourself - you need a Pot of Water, 1 unit of Sugar (or equivalent - honey can be dried and used as sugar now) and 1 unit of Lemon juice (either about 1/4 of one of the round yellow bottles of lemon juice, or lemon juice you've obtained by juicing lemons into a bowl or empty bottle yourself.

You don't need a bunch of berries to make jam or wild berry juice (or bluebrry or blackberry juice or jam) - just having 8 of the same type/colour is enough. I think the bunch of berries is used when preparing Jarred Berries, but I juice or jam all of mine so I've not investigated it.

I like the look of all the new stuff - are there going to be more text books from the Breaking Dead mod? If there are, I'll hold off venturing to the school, as I'm running out of places in New Denver to get new skill books.

I'm definitely looking forward to having a day-long happy hour thanks to all those cocktails!

Very minor thing about the test tubes - the standard for test tube bungs is to use rubber, rather than cork, for various reasons. I remember (vaguely) having a mix of cork and rubber bungs when I was in school in the mid/late-80s, but that was using equipment that'd been going for years - all of the new deliveries at the school (and in uni, later) were always rubber. Part of the reason is that it's easier to drill smooth, airtight holes in rubber, so you can insert glass tubes into test tubes when you're doing things like passing gasses through solutions, without worrying about gas escaping or contaminants getting in.

You have to prepare the Pot of Sugar water yourself - you need a Pot of Water, 1 unit of Sugar (or equivalent - honey can be dried and used as sugar now) and 1 unit of Lemon juice (either about 1/4 of one of the round yellow bottles of lemon juice, or lemon juice you've obtained by juicing lemons into a bowl or empty bottle yourself.

You don't need a bunch of berries to make jam or wild berry juice (or bluebrry or blackberry juice or jam) - just having 8 of the same type/colour is enough. I think the bunch of berries is used when preparing Jarred Berries, but I juice or jam all of mine so I've not investigated it.

Words cannot express how much I love you right now for that info. I shouldn't be trying to do things on this mod at 2AM and nearly crying in frustration. XD

The Pot Of Sugar isn't in the Recipe listing it seems? Is it only on the right-click menu? Or is my imagination just messing with me?

Either way: it seems lemons are the new damn GOLD standard and it's your job to get that kiln up and running ASAP to get lemons growing and harvesting since it seems to be necessary for almost all recipes to this point seeing that you can make Homemade Disinfectant with it now as well besides preserving and the juicing as well. Crimony. 

I LOVE how intertwined everything in this mod us but GAWDAMN at times it makes you wanna cry when you have to reroll a server to test items and spawns for bugs only to be running halfway across town for a JUICER much less to scavenge as many lemons as you can ASAP to start putting them in Pots...to realize you have no kiln or clay to make them. XD

Lay on floor. Cry a lot. Get backpack and go back out again.

...die...repeat... :mrgreen:

I'm crying inside right now because I'm doing a bit of hardmode camping here. I'm out at the Cabin Near The Lake and trying to eke out a living as a challenge via fishing and mining and foraging.

Needless to say shit goes Space-Mexico when the game decided last night to give me a Helicopter OVER my cabin...and pull a huge horde my way. :'(

Are the wood glue requirements for the wagon wheel supposed to be that high? because 12 wood glue per wheel seems like it would require you to take trips to other places in the map like muldrough or other player made map mods. 

I have 11 wood glue after looting around west point, haven't hit the large warehouse on the north part of the map though. 

Are the wood glue requirements for the wagon wheel supposed to be that high? because 12 wood glue per wheel seems like it would require you to take trips to other places in the map like muldrough or other player made map mods. 

I have 11 wood glue after looting around west point, haven't hit the large warehouse on the north part of the map though. 

Get the Medical Textbook and a Saw, read it, learn Gather Bones from Corpses > Cut up the corpses for bones > Use Mortar and Pestle and grind them up and make Glue.

Get the Medical Textbook and a Saw, read it, learn Gather Bones from Corpses > Cut up the corpses for bones > Use Mortar and Pestle and grind them up and make Glue.

Didn't realize that wood glue meant any glue. 

Wonder how many recipes work this way?

Thanks for the reply. I'll have the boys test more recipes etc on the server and add any more bugs I find. If there's anything we can do to help with a TO DO list or screenshots etc - please let us know!

Addressing the same issue (in terms of longevity for a server/map) concerning matches/lighters etc - since you added Torches as well and there's Campfires, can they be used as a flame source? I'm all for the Lighter Fluid development as well but for player base we need to address the complex option and the simple option as well if possible.

E.g. creating matches from Sulphur > Mortar And Pestle > Sulphur Powder & Sturdy Stick = Craft Matches [Engineering/Survival  crafting] ?

As a side thought as well - lighters can hold more fuel/provide more flame sources than matches persay. Or this is all limited by base-game scripting?

Side question:

When I fillet Fish, carve Wooden Stakes etc with bladed tools (Kitchen Knife, Scissors, Meat Cleaver etc) I notice that they do not lose durability. Is this intentional or is a base game function? It's rather odd that I can carve up 20 Cows and my Meat Cleaver is still as sharp as when I first found it.

That and did you include Handmade Wooden Dowels in the mod yet by chance? Just curious.

1. thanks!

2. Well I have art for grey lighters so maybe I can get some handmade refillable lighters made instead. Also Flint and Steel is a good idea too.

3. Not those particular matches since currently I have a recipe to gather Phosphorus from matches.

4. Yes like I said in #2 custom lighters could be a thing. Just will be a pain to update all recipes again.

5. Yeah carving, butchering, etc are a base game function that doesn't reduce the durability of them. Note that some tools don't even have durability.

6. I don't have permission to use the dowel mod. Also it is a little harder to add with all those menus. Maybe my lua guy could o it if we had permissions.

You can craft wood lue from Wax and Glue. Thus Wax from Bees and Glue from Zombie or Animal Bones.

I like the look of all the new stuff - are there going to be more text books from the Breaking Dead mod? If there are, I'll hold off venturing to the school, as I'm running out of places in New Denver to get new skill books.

I'm definitely looking forward to having a day-long happy hour thanks to all those cocktails!

Very minor thing about the test tubes - the standard for test tube bungs is to use rubber, rather than cork, for various reasons. I remember (vaguely) having a mix of cork and rubber bungs when I was in school in the mid/late-80s, but that was using equipment that'd been going for years - all of the new deliveries at the school (and in uni, later) were always rubber. Part of the reason is that it's easier to drill smooth, airtight holes in rubber, so you can insert glass tubes into test tubes when you're doing things like passing gasses through solutions, without worrying about gas escaping or contaminants getting in.

1. Maybe a couple books. I have not decided how many yet.

2. I hope you enjoy the mixed drinks!

3. Rubber Bungs are a good idea!

Words cannot express how much I love you right now for that info. I shouldn't be trying to do things on this mod at 2AM and nearly crying in frustration. XD

The Pot Of Sugar isn't in the Recipe listing it seems? Is it only on the right-click menu? Or is my imagination just messing with me?

Either way: it seems lemons are the new damn GOLD standard and it's your job to get that kiln up and running ASAP to get lemons growing and harvesting since it seems to be necessary for almost all recipes to this point seeing that you can make Homemade Disinfectant with it now as well besides preserving and the juicing as well. Crimony. 

I LOVE how intertwined everything in this mod us but GAWDAMN at times it makes you wanna cry when you have to reroll a server to test items and spawns for bugs only to be running halfway across town for a JUICER much less to scavenge as many lemons as you can ASAP to start putting them in Pots...to realize you have no kiln or clay to make them. XD

Lemons are definitely a gold standard atm - so are steel pipes, salt, and pepper.

The Pot of Sugar Water can be a little confusing - you make it using the "Prepare Jam Pot" or "Craft Jam Pot" recipe, although I can't remember exactly which. I find the easiest way is to have a pot of water, the sugar and the lemon juice in your inventory, stand well away from anything with food in it, and use the right-mouse context menu to find the recipe. Just watch out, because it's usually immediately above another recipe that'll consume your lemons, like "Prepare Lemonade", which will cause more rolling on the floor, crying and hair-pulling ;)

You can craft wood lue from Wax and Glue. Thus Wax from Bees and Glue from Zombie or Animal Bones.

Gah! Bees! *runs around looking for wild hives for another week*

pickled_zpsee2sbmgl.jpg

Here is a preview of the new Pickled Vegetables based off the CCCP mod that was never fully included. Also added some Hydrocraft specific recipes such as Pickled Garlic, Pickled Herring and Pickled Ginger! It will be available in v3.7 when it comes out. Unlike base game jarring you will get back your lids!

1. Maybe a couple books. I have not decided how many yet.

2. I hope you enjoy the mixed drinks!

3. Rubber Bungs are a good idea!

I haven't tried all of them yet, but the ones I've tried are going down very nishely, thanks :)

Depending on how advanced you want to get with the recipes involving actual chemistry, you may need to create items for things like bunsen burners (with some osrt of fuel supply) or meths burners (work for a lot of things, but can't burn at the same temperature), clamp stands and retorts, glass piping... lots of fun stuff.

Depending on how advanced you want to get with the recipes involving actual chemistry, you may need to create items for things like bunsen burners (with some osrt of fuel supply) or meths burners (work for a lot of things, but can't burn at the same temperature), clamp stands and retorts, glass piping... lots of fun stuff.

Well that will depend upon the available art. ;)

Hey there, I've been enjoying this mod a lot recently but have run into a fairly major problem. Last night I exited after a long session of zomboid, took a short break, and then tried too start zomboid back up as I wanted too check something. The game didn't load past "loading character texture" but the menu music started. I left it until today, where I started zomboid, the same thing happened.

Just too confirm, I have spent the last few hours trying too get around this problem, the only solution I have found is ensuring that this mod is not enabled, as I have recreated this error multiple times, and it only occurs when this mod is enabled. I am running IWBUMS build 32.27. I have even removed all zomboid files from my pc, re-installed and re-subbed for the mod in workshop, recreated the error straight away.

I haven't had any problems before, put in atleast 20 hours with mod enabled before this occurred. I know this probably is not the place too post this, but I failed too find any similar topics while searching the forums and so was unsure as too where I should make such a post. If anyone could help me, or point me in the right direction too get this all sorted I would be very grateful. 

Apart from this; awesome mod, love it, keep up the good work! :D