Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hi there,

First of all thank you for creating this awesome mod, i d'ont know if its already fixed but starting a Server with Hydrocraft enabled is still giving me the Error in the Hunting lua ( line 175 ) this was mentioned a few page in front of this post.

I played a lot in the last time, but i didn't find any "Poop" i read myself through all those scripts an didn't actually find any information on how to find the poop required for searching after Cows usw.

Can it be found by foraging or by farming ( i thought i saw some entries with poop it the farming lua )

Thanks for reporting. I will let my lua guy know about the Hunting thing.

Poop can be found when foraging. You need at least forging level 1 to find Deer Poop. Other poops can be found at higher levels such as Cow Poop at level 2 and Sheep Poop at level 3.

Yes Cows, Sheep, Pigs, etc produce poop when you feed them. There is no animal breeding yet. But we will get there.

Hello, are the crossbows/bolts from the ZomboidXbow mod compatible with the one in your mod? 

They should not conflict. However they do not go together. Such as Their bolts cannot be used in Hydrocraft Crossbows.

Note I have not tried both mods at once so I am not 100% sure that they are compatible.

Really love your mod, it adds so much more content to the game!

But one thing is confusing... Where can I find Feathers? :P

Shred pillows with a knife!

Or recycle feather dusters, or go foraging (once your foraging skill is at about 3, I think - I've so far found white feathers, striped feathers, black feathers and bluejay feathers, IIRC)

I found a meat cleaver (hooray!) so after playing around for a while with my shiny new archery target in the shadow of my new water tower and windmill, I decided to try and track a bear, as I was worried the large stack of bear scat was going to turn into a fully-grown bear.

I managed to succesfully hunt a bear with my long bow and arrows, which was great - and it's the ifrst time I've really played around with the skinning/boning of animals, which was fun. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the intestines, but as a child of the north, I hear either tripe or sausages calling. I do have one question though - I have a stack of bear steaks, which i can cook or salt, but I can't turn them into jerky using the tasty marinade I'd prepared. Is that intentional? If it is, then I'll salt all the steaks away and start making some of the bulls I've found ab it nervous (I haven't found any cows yet, which makes me think the bulls need to work harder at looking and sounding attractive to cows, and I think making an example of one might spur the others on to greater efforts.)

Hi, it appears I can't build a mine. All the items need are hi lighted in white but when I click on create nothing happens. Same thing if I try to build it from the inventory. 

First you are sure you have everything? Next are you sure you can hold everything? You may need to drop stuff you are carrying to make room for everything needed.

I found a meat cleaver (hooray!) so after playing around for a while with my shiny new archery target in the shadow of my new water tower and windmill, I decided to try and track a bear, as I was worried the large stack of bear scat was going to turn into a fully-grown bear.

I managed to succesfully hunt a bear with my long bow and arrows, which was great - and it's the ifrst time I've really played around with the skinning/boning of animals, which was fun. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the intestines, but as a child of the north, I hear either tripe or sausages calling. I do have one question though - I have a stack of bear steaks, which i can cook or salt, but I can't turn them into jerky using the tasty marinade I'd prepared. Is that intentional? If it is, then I'll salt all the steaks away and start making some of the bulls I've found ab it nervous (I haven't found any cows yet, which makes me think the bulls need to work harder at looking and sounding attractive to cows, and I think making an example of one might spur the others on to greater efforts.)

I have been trying to add sausages for weeks now but so much other cool stuff keeps coming up and I get side tracked.

Just have not gotten to code the jerky stuff.

Hi, it appears I can't build a mine. All the items need are hi lighted in white but when I click on create nothing happens. Same thing if I try to build it from the inventory. 

First you are sure you have everything? Next are you sure you can hold everything? You may need to drop stuff you are carrying to make room for everything needed.

I have been trying to add sausages for weeks now but so much other cool stuff keeps coming up and I get side tracked.

Ok it worked, everything has to be in your main inventory and not on the ground or nearby like the crafting thing says

dogchart_zpsqxvdzfst.jpg

Some new dogs are coming and I plan to adjust the dogs to this chart. If all goes well this is how things will go. Note that its not finished for them to do this yet but I plan to eventually.

Maybe you could add a Deer Head Chihuahua into the herding section, In mexico they used to be used as a bull herding dog! which is crazy as of how small they are haha, but they would nip at the bulls ankles to get them in a group and lead them into there pens. 

Hydro, looking through the forums there was a suggestion for the game to add night vision goggles or starlight goggles about a year ago. Is it possible for something like that to be made? 

Maybe you could add a Deer Head Chihuahua into the herding section, In mexico they used to be used as a bull herding dog! which is crazy as of how small they are haha, but they would nip at the bulls ankles to get them in a group and lead them into there pens.

The problem with Chihuahuas is that they probably would not make it. Most Toy breeds are just not hearty enough to survive the zombie apocalypse.

In choosing breeds I looked for different factors such as toughness, intelligence, outdoor suitability, etc. A Chihuahua probably would freeze in the winter, they are not all that smart, and chances are since they are so small they might get picked off by wild animals, if not other dogs.

Hydro, looking through the forums there was a suggestion for the game to add night vision goggles or starlight goggles about a year ago. Is it possible for something like that to be made? 

I will have to talk to my lua guy about that. Maybe.

The problem with Chihuahuas is that they probably would not make it. Most Toy breeds are just not hearty enough to survive the zombie apocalypse.

In choosing breeds I looked for different factors such as toughness, intelligence, outdoor suitability, etc. A Chihuahua probably would freeze in the winter, they are not all that smart, and chances are since they are so small they might get picked off by wild animals, if not other dogs.

Ah yeah your totally right about the cold! I have a deer head chihuahua and I rescued her last winter when we had a huge cold front move down, it was like

-15 degrees ad she wandered up close to death, she was soo damn cold. but I see how ya pick the breeds, good idea! Although I gotta disagree with ya about chihuahua's not being smart ;P lol well deer headed ones are very smart at least mine is lol, the apple head ones though...:I oh god those are just soooo dumb due to the massive amount of in-breeding :(

Although I've never found one in game, I like that there's a daschund in the venn dog diagram - I know they don't get used for hunting badgers much these days, but they were bred up to be tough little buggers.

Some small dog breeds might do reasonably well in the zombie post-apocalypse environment - I'm thinking of breeds like the terriers that were bred up to be ratters as an example. We know that rats and mice are still around in sizeable numbers, and while I suspect zombies will happily eat any they can get their hands on, without humans actively culling the rat population (and with lots of dead humans around initially) the scavanger species are going to carry on much as they ever did. So long as the rats are still going, then the ratter breeds that are small enough to get into rats nests, the tunnels they use and the like are probably going to survive as long as the rats do. I have no idea how popular/populous those breeds are in Kentucky or the US, though.

Is there any chance of mongrel dogs appearing in the future updates? A lot of my family had dogs growing up, all from litters of farm dogs, and they were invariably a mix of various other breeds - mostly labs, collies, setters and retrievers - and without us humans around restricting how the dogs are breeding, I'd expect to see a lot of interbreeding as time goes on - not forgetting those wild/stray dogs that were surviving before everything turned zombie.

Probably no mixed breeds. Only because the possible combinations are endless. Same goes for dog breeding. If dog breeding was added then perhaps a generic dog breed would be added. But even then people might wonder why a Dachshund and a Corgi don't make a "Dorgi" when bred.

EDIT: You know what I might do is have a "Mutt" breed that can be bred.

So I got a reply from my hoster that says

At this time it is not possible to install Mods because they are not compatible with the server but in the future the installation of mods should be possible

too bad