Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hmm, if you say so. I just haven't actually found any of the items period off the PlantScavengeDefinition list, only off the other ones. No instances of Candleberry, Grass, Straw, Bark, Birchbark, Fir Cones, Hickory Nuts, Oak Leaves, Willow Branches, Pine Boughs, or Fir Boughs when I distinctly remember finding a lot around my safehouse on the server running the previous version. On the other hand, looking at those files in a text editor no reason stands out why one would be working and not the other. I will keep hunting.

I think I've found it, my server gives a Kahlua error (I don't know anything about coding but I like the beverage?) at line #150 of PlantsScavengeDefinition which refers to Mulberry. Looking closer, I think the HCMulberry and HCMulberryleaf items are both attempting to pull the Mulberryleaf script, I'm going to see if fixing that stops the error.

EDIT: Success!

This may not be a bug at all, but I haven't been able to find any grass, straw, bark, or any of the plant items while foraging since the latest update, just tons of clay, bugs, basic twigs/branches, stones, and berries. Are there different areas that offer better chances at the plants or something? I've got almost 4 ranks, which is supposed to be enough to find straw and grass, and I've foraged hundreds of times to get it that high.

Sounds like just bad luck. Grass, Straw and Bark are level 0 items. Now that you unlocked more items, I am guessing you just have less of a chance to find them now that there are more items to find.

Is there a way to add a recipe that unlocks as you level to search especially for one particular Forage product?

Insert one to find Bark/Twigs/Berries etc as you level?

This may not be a bug at all, but I haven't been able to find any grass, straw, bark, or any of the plant items while foraging since the latest update, just tons of clay, bugs, basic twigs/branches, stones, and berries. Are there different areas that offer better chances at the plants or something? I've got almost 4 ranks, which is supposed to be enough to find straw and grass, and I've foraged hundreds of times to get it that high.

Sounds like just bad luck. Grass, Straw and Bark are level 0 items. Now that you unlocked more items, I am guessing you just have less of a chance to find them now that there are more items to find.

Is there a way to add a recipe that unlocks as you level to search especially for one particular Forage product?

Insert one to find Bark/Twigs/Berries etc as you level?

Not really. Foraging items have 3 main things; Min Amount, Max Amount and Required Forage Skill. For example Grass will give you 2 to 6 grass and requires level 0 forage skill. They also split it up into "forest goods" and "plants". Rocks, Branches and Twigs are forest goods while Berries, Worms and Grape Leaves are "Plants". The "Plants" mean they are very hard to find in the winter. Grass is a "forest good".

Seems as though a lot of the items don't show when equipped anymore. It was working but hasn't since the last update. You just swing empty hands with the bats, machete, etc.

SuspectHam: I'm using the latest 3.1 build on my server and I can see equipped items such as you've described okay. I created the world fresh, using Hydrocraft 3.1 and PZ Build 32.16.

Hydromancerx:, I was having an issue with items going missing. I applied the Duct Tape Pouch to my Big Hiking Bag, while the bag was equipped on my back, and also a second bag equipped in the secondary hand and the items vanished. Another player on the server had the same problem. The mods which I'm running on the server are the following: 

Mods=Hydrocraft;NamedWeapons;waterPipes;WoodenDowels;comRichcppExpirationFood

Secondly, once the pouch modification was applied to the Big Hiking Bags (I had two bags), I was unable to equip either of them on my back after. Relogging back into the server fixed the second issue, but the items were still missing.

Keep up the great work, I follow this mod closely along side NoMiS Plays videos on YouTube (I highly recommend them).

windmill_zpsmlans8jl.jpg

Hydrocraft v3.2 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Rabbit Hutch so it no longer gives free animal cages.

- Reduced Weight for items (ex. Feathers).

- Compass Mod was updated.

- Fixed Bowl of Salsa Recipie.

- Fixed Gingerbread Recipe.

- Fixed Cookie Tray duplication bug.

- Fixed Herbalist table to do crafting from the floor.

- New Ore and Ingot Art.

- Fixed Berry Jam and Dried Berries Recipies

- Fixed Entomology and Music books.

- Added 3 New Hats.

- Added 3 New Toys

- Reduced Toy loot spawn locations.

- Added Windmill!

- Added Clothes Lines!

- Can now Dry Towels on Clothes Line!

- Added Makeshift Show and Sink!

- Can now Dry Honey and make Honey Powder which can be made into Sugar!

- Added Scarecrows and Zombie Scarecrows!! :shock:

- Thanks to all the artists who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Can I ask when the wiki will be updated? love the mod its just I'm finding a lot of items that I don't know what they do, or if they have a purpose.

or if there is another place that has all the items listed and what they do.:)

Can I ask when the wiki will be updated? love the mod its just I'm finding a lot of items that I don't know what they do, or if they have a purpose.

or if there is another place that has all the items listed and what they do. :)

I've been building some articles on the side to update but from what I've heard - the admin of the main wiki isn't a fan of mod articles being added or updated. I haven't contacted them to see what the stance is on that right now.

or if there is another place that has all the items listed and what they do. :)

I've been building some articles on the side to update but from what I've heard - the admin of the main wiki isn't a fan of mod articles being added or updated. I haven't contacted them to see what the stance is on that right now.

OK so is there any other wiki pages for this mod or just the one on the official PZ wiki site ?

Is there any way to download older versions of Hydrocraft? Today I tried to join a server that is still running Hydrocraft 3.1, but I cannot find a download link to the older Hydrocraft version.

Thanks! :)

Edit: Nevermind, I received a download link for the old version. :)

What do I need to make bolts for my crossbow?

Cant seem to find much of a guide online for this stuff or can someone link me? Wiki didn't have it

There's a way to make the Blueprints once you have an Archery Textbook in terms of the fletching and other forms of the arrows. See if you can find the book. It's in your recipe list by default.

What do I need to make bolts for my crossbow?

Cant seem to find much of a guide online for this stuff or can someone link me? Wiki didn't have it

You need to find an archery book and read it, that gives you the recipes for bolts and arrows. The recipes then appear in the craft menu (B, by default) but from memory, I think it's a chipped stone or stone arrowhead or bone arrowhead, a twig or sturdy stick, and some feathers or duct tape fletching.

First off thanks for the awesome mod.  I can't imagine Zomboid without it!  Secondly, for anyone that is out there making their own arrows a small suggestion.  While bone arrow heads are nice, we need those bones to make glue.  So I suggest adding this little snippet into stoneworking.txt 

recipe Make Chipped Stone
    {
    Stone,
    keep Hammer,
    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,
    Result:SharpedStone,
    Time:50,
    }

I could have sworn using a hammer on a stone produced a chipped stone in the base game, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I hope this helps.

First off thanks for the awesome mod.  I can't imagine Zomboid without it!  Secondly, for anyone that is out there making their own arrows a small suggestion.  While bone arrow heads are nice, we need those bones to make glue.  So I suggest adding this little snippet into stoneworking.txt 

recipe Make Chipped Stone

{

Stone,

keep Hammer,

CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,

Result:SharpedStone,

Time:50,

}

I could have sworn using a hammer on a stone produced a chipped stone in the base game, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I hope this helps.

Nice idea however I am going to tweak it a bit.

It will use a Chisel AND Hammer. And I also will allow Chipped Stones to be crafted into Stone Arrowheads. And then take off Chipped Stone as a possible requirement for arrows/bolts. Thus it will be ...

Stone -> Chipped Stone -> Stone Arrowheads -> Arrow

EDIT: I am also going to be adding a recipe for Wood Glue by combining Glue and Wax.