Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Seeing things like solar panels, windmills, smokers and distillation equipment on that list of art you want really makes me wish that I was an artist!

I like the recipe you added for ripping sheets of paper out of books - would it be possible to have a similar recipe for ripping sheets of paper out of the journal and empty notebooks that also crop up in-game? I'd feel a bit less of a barbarian tearing those up than the books, although I'm currently telling myself that (Day After Tomorrow-style) all the books I've torn up were guides to state and federal tax law. Or possibly phone books...

Seeing things like solar panels, windmills, smokers and distillation equipment on that list of art you want really makes me wish that I was an artist!

I like the recipe you added for ripping sheets of paper out of books - would it be possible to have a similar recipe for ripping sheets of paper out of the journal and empty notebooks that also crop up in-game? I'd feel a bit less of a barbarian tearing those up than the books, although I'm currently telling myself that (Day After Tomorrow-style) all the books I've torn up were guides to state and federal tax law. Or possibly phone books...

Sure, also phonebooks are a good idea too.

I'm having some trouble with dried fruit, definitely with apple slices I will check with others. I can mix them with lemon juice and get them on the baking trays and cook them no problem, but when I move the finished result "Dried Apple Slices" to my inventory it shows up for a second then instantly vanishes without a trace. The baking trays are gone too.

Hmm, they re-appeared hours later in the campfire, I think after it went out and despite having been moved to my inventory. I also had one batch of cookies turn into 4 batches in a similar process so maybe there's an issue with the baking trays themselves?

I'm having some trouble with dried fruit, definitely with apple slices I will check with others. I can mix them with lemon juice and get them on the baking trays and cook them no problem, but when I move the finished result "Dried Apple Slices" to my inventory it shows up for a second then instantly vanishes without a trace. The baking trays are gone too.

Hmm, they re-appeared hours later in the campfire, I think after it went out and despite having been moved to my inventory. I also had one batch of cookies turn into 4 batches in a similar process so maybe there's an issue with the baking trays themselves?

Did the baking trays replicate themselves as well? Did you lose any items besides them duplicating?

Hola friends, been lurking for a while now, finally had to comment.

This appears to be a sync issue of sorts. I play a multiplayer server just me and my hubby and this will happen with the dried fruits and cooked berries (that's all I've made so far so all I can confirm) If I relog they show up just fine in the oven/campfire. I also play a solo sandbox game when he's not around and do not seem to have the problem then.

The cookie dupe appears to be something different. I think Hydro said he fixed it in an update recently. I'm still on v2.9 though so not sure.

Not sure if this was reported, but cookies are currently very broken. Currently, creaking cookies and adding them to a tray produces multiple trays, all of which have multiple cookies and return a baking tray. One baking tray becomes six trays of cookies, each of them having six cookies apiece. From those recipes you get a total of 36 cookies and 6 baking trays from one batch of cookie dough and a baking tray. My fix was just to edit the recipe to only give you one tray. Also due to personal preference, I changed the lua function to give the player 10 cookies per tray. Gingerbread cookies are also all called "ginerbread" and I believe their hunger reduction may need a look.

Not sure if this was reported, but cookies are currently very broken. Currently, creaking cookies and adding them to a tray produces multiple trays, all of which have multiple cookies and return a baking tray. One baking tray becomes six trays of cookies, each of them having six cookies apiece. From those recipes you get a total of 36 cookies and 6 baking trays from one batch of cookie dough and a baking tray. My fix was just to edit the recipe to only give you one tray. Also due to personal preference, I changed the lua function to give the player 10 cookies per tray. Gingerbread cookies are also all called "ginerbread" and I believe their hunger reduction may need a look.

What version are you using? This should be fixed already.

And the Gingerbread name will be fixed next release.

I am using the latest version, although I'm not 100% certain my duplicating cookies wasn't on the version immediately before that.

The dried fruit is exactly like the next poster describes, the fruit vanishes immediately after I finish cooking it but reappears as soon as I log out and back in again (and possibly just after a long period of time too). I don't lose the trays (I get them back when I put the fruit in zipper bags) and nothing is duplicated, so it's not gamebreaking, just weird. I didn't realize it was only happening in multiplayer though, I wonder why none of the other many recipes have that sync issue since the mechanic of the uncooked item disappearing and being replaced with the cooked item shows up everywhere.

Hydromancer, I noticed that you've got a wine press listed on the wanted art page, and the example you've linked to is a screw press. I don't know if this is of any help, but while screw presses are the ones that've been in use the longest, the Germans invented a press that works in a different way. All screw presses have the problem that you more you press the grapes, the more you end up with undesireable bits in the grape juice, including - if you press hard enough - fuse oils from the pips, which are seriously nasty. The more gently you press the grapes, the better the quality of the grape juice.

I'm trying to remember the name for the German press, but basically the first models looked like sealed barrels with a couple of loops of rubber tubing running through the inside of the barrel. Air is pumped into the tubes, which causes them to squeeze the grapes as they expand. It's a system that can be used to squeeze grapes very gently, and is used in making some of the highest-quality wines. It might in some ways be easier to make one of those than a screw press, because you wouldn't need to find a way of creating and manipulating that screw thread. If you don't mind taking some liberties regarding the composition of the average garden hose, you could even make use of a garden hose or two in the Crafting recipe for making the press.

I think there may be a bug with the fishtanks turning tainted water from rain collecting barrels into drinkable water when filling them up.  I'm not 100% sure but I didn't notice any tainted water indicator on the full fishtanks when I filled them from the barrels or when I poured the water from the fishtanks into water bottles.  Has anyone else come across this?

Pretty sure that isn't Hydrocraft causing that. Drip irrigation has that problem though, due to it being created before the tainted water was added to the game.

Ok this should now be fixed for next update.

Hydromancer, I noticed that you've got a wine press listed on the wanted art page, and the example you've linked to is a screw press. I don't know if this is of any help, but while screw presses are the ones that've been in use the longest, the Germans invented a press that works in a different way. All screw presses have the problem that you more you press the grapes, the more you end up with undesireable bits in the grape juice, including - if you press hard enough - fuse oils from the pips, which are seriously nasty. The more gently you press the grapes, the better the quality of the grape juice.

I'm trying to remember the name for the German press, but basically the first models looked like sealed barrels with a couple of loops of rubber tubing running through the inside of the barrel. Air is pumped into the tubes, which causes them to squeeze the grapes as they expand. It's a system that can be used to squeeze grapes very gently, and is used in making some of the highest-quality wines. It might in some ways be easier to make one of those than a screw press, because you wouldn't need to find a way of creating and manipulating that screw thread. If you don't mind taking some liberties regarding the composition of the average garden hose, you could even make use of a garden hose or two in the Crafting recipe for making the press.

So grape stomping is a better way? ;)

I think there may be a bug with the fishtanks turning tainted water from rain collecting barrels into drinkable water when filling them up.  I'm not 100% sure but I didn't notice any tainted water indicator on the full fishtanks when I filled them from the barrels or when I poured the water from the fishtanks into water bottles.  Has anyone else come across this?

Pretty sure that isn't Hydrocraft causing that. Drip irrigation has that problem though, due to it being created before the tainted water was added to the game.

Ah ok.  I do have that mod enabled as well, although I haven't really used the mod for anything.  Might as well disable it I guess.  Thanks!

What is the use for the Hotglue gun? I looked around in the crafting menu and part of the script files to see what it is used for but i haven't had any luck. Also i love the mod because it makes the game so much more interesting and fun. Last question is Hydrocraft have Tommyguns mod in it also? I wanted to know because i have that mod too but if its already in Hydrocraft then i don't need it installed.

What is the use for the Hotglue gun? I looked around in the crafting menu and part of the script files to see what it is used for but i haven't had any luck. Also i love the mod because it makes the game so much more interesting and fun. Last question is Hydrocraft have Tommyguns mod in it also? I wanted to know because i have that mod too but if its already in Hydrocraft then i don't need it installed.

1. No use the the hot glue gun yet. But give it time. Once useless things now have many uses.

2.Thank you.

3. Part of the mod. We have most of the items, use the slingshot, longbow, crossbow, machete, katana and survival axe. We don't use their guns basically, plus no multi-tool either. They should work side by side but you will have a lot more of those items show up and ammo from each mod don't work together. Such as Hydrocraft arrows cannot work in Tommy mod Bows.

I've never been one for farming really (and I haven't yet tried to do much with this mod yet), but my current play through is actually going pretty well and I was looking to begin to start to prepare for winter. I just had one question:

I understand that it requires level 10 farming(and I won't get that for a while) but I was wondering if I could use rotten fruits to plant in pots, or if the fruit has to be fresh. For example, can I  use a rotten lemon to plant lemon seeds.

I've never been one for farming really (and I haven't yet tried to do much with this mod yet), but my current play through is actually going pretty well and I was looking to begin to start to prepare for winter. I just had one question:

I understand that it requires level 10 farming(and I won't get that for a while) but I was wondering if I could use rotten fruits to plant in pots, or if the fruit has to be fresh. For example, can I  use a rotten lemon to plant lemon seeds.

Yes you can use rotten fruit. In fact I have no idea how someone could reach level 10 farming before the fruit rots.

However the crops that have seed can be used to make potted plants too. And not all fruits/veggies can be made into potted plants yet. But I would like them all to be eventually. The main limitation is art.

So grape stomping is a better way? ;)

It has it's advantages ;) Although, it could raise some interesting questions about foot hygiene in the zombie apocalypse. After all, you've seen NoMIS' base in Season Four... I counted about three thousand potential health problems decomposing around his house... 

Yes you can use rotten fruit. In fact I have no idea how someone could reach level 10 farming before the fruit rots.

However the crops that have seed can be used to make potted plants too. And not all fruits/veggies can be made into potted plants yet. But I would like them all to be eventually. The main limitation is art.

The potted plants do liven a base up, too. It's nice walking around with all the colourful bushes and tiny trees! I was surprised how much of a difference it made to my big base.

On a separate note - is the intention that the various books you can learn recipes from should no longer provide a Happiness and Boredom boost? I ask because I noticed that most, like all the metal working books, no longer offer the bonuses, but there are at least a couple that still do - I noticed the Music and Entymology books were still giving the bonuses, for example.

Another super minor one: Filling a barrel with wine requires five buckets of grapes but gives back six empty wooden buckets in the reaction.

Also, unless this is an issue where it's hard to have recipes that can take multiple different inputs require multiples, but it's a bit weird that it only takes a single wild berry to make a "bag of dried berries" that cures 30 hunger.

Another super minor one: Filling a barrel with wine requires five buckets of grapes but gives back six empty wooden buckets in the reaction.

Also, unless this is an issue where it's hard to have recipes that can take multiple different inputs require multiples, but it's a bit weird that it only takes a single wild berry to make a "bag of dried berries" that cures 30 hunger.

1. Thanks for reporting.

2. Yeah it was suppose to be the Bunch of Berries item. Been having trouble fixing it.

This may not be a bug at all, but I haven't been able to find any grass, straw, bark, or any of the plant items while foraging since the latest update, just tons of clay, bugs, basic twigs/branches, stones, and berries. Are there different areas that offer better chances at the plants or something? I've got almost 4 ranks, which is supposed to be enough to find straw and grass, and I've foraged hundreds of times to get it that high.

This may not be a bug at all, but I haven't been able to find any grass, straw, bark, or any of the plant items while foraging since the latest update, just tons of clay, bugs, basic twigs/branches, stones, and berries. Are there different areas that offer better chances at the plants or something? I've got almost 4 ranks, which is supposed to be enough to find straw and grass, and I've foraged hundreds of times to get it that high.

Sounds like just bad luck. Grass, Straw and Bark are level 0 items. Now that you unlocked more items, I am guessing you just have less of a chance to find them now that there are more items to find.