Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Okay, this one might be legit...Mining Stone in v3.0 now only gives me stone, no other materials are gathered regardless of how long I mine for (I've now got 600 more stone to find a use for haha).  I tried re-reading my Geology textbook but no luck.  Was there a change made in the recent update that requires reading a new text?

Holy crap there Hydro...do you ever sleep at all at this rate? :D

Thanks so much for the quick response on the Jar and Lid issues! The server players will be so grateful for an answer!

Well since we've gotten the "Jar and Lid" issue sorted and alerted with the Water Recycling bug too - I'd like to ask some questions since you all have gotten me so excited about contributing to the community and this mod now! (clyde)

-As for the Curing Salt, Saltpeter and preserving items: I know we can find and make the Saltpeter but are there plans to have us make our own Curing Salt/Table Salt (the seasoning salt) as well in future?

-Same question concerning Milk and the Garden Spray Can. Our own bottled milk from Hydrocraft be used one day to make our own Mildew Spray if that's on the To-Do list?

I'll add some more data when I can think of it!

1. Yes i get .... zzzzz

2. You are welcome.

3. Sure ask away!

4. Not currently. With the Saltpeter it gives you atleast an infinite source for salting meats.

5. You should be able to use the Milk for that.

Cow (Female) -> Bucket of Milk -> Milk (base game item)

Hydrocraft v3.0 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Can now Cook Rice in Rice Cooker.

- Fixed Rice Cooking process.

- Fixed Ammo Making to produce Boxes instead,however more materials are required to make them.

- Fixed Recycling Watering Cans and Garden Spray Cans

- Added Blueprints for Fishing Rod, Fishing Trap and all Trap recipes. No more needing to depend upon Magazines to learn them. Find the right textbooks instead to invent your own blueprints.

- Added Wooden Stakes Mod By Nightsinger!!

Enjoy!

I am fanning myself furiously at this development. You have no idea how happy that change to trap and fishing rods makes me. <3

Still

I did a little bit of wiki editing to start adding more of the Hydrocraft recipes, but then I saw a post on the forums from the Wiki admin bemoaning the lack of updates for the site other than fanmod updates, along with a comment about how he didn't think he liked the site being used for mods, so I thought I should probably stop. I've debated going back in to add some of the base game stuff, but I can't seem to get the time and enthusiasm together.

And this is why we love you :D I have a survivor who, now winter has hit, is surviving on a largely jam-based diet because I don't want to him my tinned food reserves. Thanks to Hydrocraft, I've got about 250 jars of assorted jams to last me the winter. Good job I didn't recycle all the spoons, right?

Well if you're interested and want to get it done, hit me a PM? Maybe we can work together and ease the boredom of it a bit unless the community revitalizes itself a bit?

Also: think about it...running out of spoons and having all those jars and being unable to eat any of it and dying of starvation...saddddddd!

Although - and I hate to say this - the problem with lemon juice in bowls eating the bowls looks like it's back. I had ten bowls of lemon juice in my inventory last night, made from lemons harvested from fruit trees in pots. I made six different pots of sugar water for jam, and dried two bananas, a peach and an apple, and in every case I prepared them by right-clicking on a bowl of lemon juice and using the context menu to indicate the item I wanted to craft, and when I'd finished, I had no bowls - empty or otherwise - in my inventory.

Still getting that bowl-eating bug even with the newest release in Hydro's post? If so: I'll look out for it tonight when I load up.

Well it was kinda stupid that you could become level 10 in fishing and read all 5 books, yet still not know how to make a fishing rod. I mean what are those fishing books even teaching you?

So with this play through im on survivor # 294 and of course i broke foot so im stuck at my base for awhile. I decided to go out and hunt the elusive clay so i can build up a kiln for the first time.  Problem im having tho is, im getting nothing right now. Ive shifted about 30 or so different times, and in different area's. Is it tied in with foraging so if its been foraged out, i wont get anything?  I also noticed it just turned November and i see that foraging changes a bit. Could it be due to that?

Or am i just really unlucky?  I have this problem with version 29* and updated a bit ago to the latest release of 30. This is all with pz build 32.17.

Winter should not influence finding clay. There are two types of items bugs/plants and rocks/sticks. The clay is under the rock/stick type so it should be found constantly. Note you need at least level 1 foraging skill to find clay.

Just noticed that there is no option to make copper ingots anymore.  Not sure if this is due to something in the recent 3.0 update as I've only just now gotten around to using the smelter and kiln.  Copper ingots still show up in the recipes for other items but I couldn't find them in the crafting menu and no option was given to make them when using the smelter with required ingredients.  Has anyone else encountered this?

**EDIT**  Nevermind, I guess I hadn't read my Copper Working Textbook, thought I had lol.  All is good :)

Silly NoMiS! Always read your books!

Okay, this one might be legit...Mining Stone in v3.0 now only gives me stone, no other materials are gathered regardless of how long I mine for (I've now got 600 more stone to find a use for haha).  I tried re-reading my Geology textbook but no luck.  Was there a change made in the recent update that requires reading a new text?

I will check it out. Thanks for reporting.

EDIT: I looked it over and no change has been made to that part of the code. Have you tried sifting dirt the old way? They use the same code. Also have you checked the ground maybe? I am not sure. That seems like insanely bad luck if you got nothing that many times.

Aha! then thats it. Im not level 1 to get clay yet. That is odd then because ive pulled close to 30 each of red and grey before.

Ive done about 20 more times since i posted and havent gotten anything except the occasional worms with the initial dig.

Ill work on foraging when i get some more time today and report back.

I noticed you can get infinite food sources from breeding rabbits, as you dont have to feed the rabbits and once you get a male and female they  can be multiplied instantly for many more rabbits that can also be multiplied. 

That and if you have a tupperware container with food in it and an empty tupperware container, you are given the choice to put the full container into the empty one. You can then eat the container and it will give you one empty container and one full container. Basically the game gives you food points and also gives you back the food you originally put into the other container, making for another infinite food source. 

Well im guessing my problem is a conflict with some other mod. I started a new game, gave myself 10 in forging, learnt the skill, shifted about 30 times and didnt get a single item. Sadly with the other few times ive tried with no other mods, i cant find a book for the skill, lol. Ill probably work on i tommorow after i try one more time before giving up for the day.

Hydrocraft 3.0b has been released. Sorry for the inconvenience but one bad code spoiled the whole file. Since I wanted to fix this as quick as possible no new content. However the problem with unpacking lumber, mining, finding dogs, etc should be fixed. The main problem was with the bug catching code when the silk moths were added. So for now you cannot catch silk months with the bug net. However you can still find silk months from foraging. Hopefully by next week we can get this fixed. Note this was a game breaking issue so this is an emergency update. Sorry for any problems this may have caused you. Especially to those at New Dawn multiplayer server and NoMiS from YouTube. I hope this did not ruins your games too much.

I noticed you can get infinite food sources from breeding rabbits, as you dont have to feed the rabbits and once you get a male and female they  can be multiplied instantly for many more rabbits that can also be multiplied. 

That and if you have a tupperware container with food in it and an empty tupperware container, you are given the choice to put the full container into the empty one. You can then eat the container and it will give you one empty container and one full container. Basically the game gives you food points and also gives you back the food you originally put into the other container, making for another infinite food source. 

1. Yeah until I can get some sort of dying system working they are a bit OP.

2. Really? How did you get a choice to put a full one into the empty one?

Heya hydro, I looks like my last post disappeared. I posted the solution and some other bugs a while back before you did the update.
To be specific, the problem was caused by:

LINE 435 if chance <= bugLvl10 then

This if has no end. Just place one as line 437 and everything works fine.

Other bugs:

• In Books.txt, line 329 ends with }' instead of }
  • HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua line # 150, you have the following code causing stack trace. :
    file: HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua line # 150local HCMulberryleaf = {};HCMulberryleaf.type = "Hydrocraft.HCMulberryleaf";HCMulberryleaf.minCount = 1;HCMulberryleaf.maxCount = 2;HCMulberryleaf.skill = 3;local HCMulberryleaf = {}; <-!!!!! Just reset it to {}! Should just be HCMulberryHCMulberry.type = "Hydrocraft.HCMulberry"; <-!!!! Trying to write to a table that doesn't exist! Stack trace!HCMulberry.minCount = 2;HCMulberry.maxCount = 5;HCMulberry.skill = 3;
  • Dogwhistle recipe needs to have 'keep Dogwhistle'
  • Many errors in HCLoading.lua. These prevent items from spawning in containers.
    • Need to remove all references of HCFireextinguisherempty and HCFireblanket as they no longer have item definitions.
    • All cardboard boxes and stacks are spelt 'Cardboarbox'. Should be 'Cardboardbox'. Find replace is your friend.
    • Lists HCJarHoney. Item is actually spelt 'HCJarhoney'. Prevents item from spawning
    • line 3163 lists 'Rubberband'. Item is actually spelt 'RubberBand'
  • In Food Flour.txt, line 131 calls for Egg/WildEggs. WildEggs is not an item. HCGooseegg should be listed instead.

These are the basic bugs I can think of off the top of my head. I am working on fixing all the cooking stuff though, so I may post that in a couple of days.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the feedback! These really help

1. Thanks! Those are always hard to find.

2. Yikes!

3. Nice try but its suppose to be a single use.

4a. Ah I thought I got rid of them but I guess not.

4b. Bah not more of those.

4c. Doh! Thanks!

4d. Thanks!

5. The Wiki says Wild Eggs is an item. As Base.WildEggs.

I shall fix what I can for next update. Thanks!

Got some error code for you Hydro if that'll help. Loaded up the server today with the updated 3b Hydrocraft and got these two error lines:

-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
function: HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua -- file: HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua l
ine # 150
Jul 25, 2015 10:09:48 AM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLua
SEVERE: null
java.lang.RuntimeException:
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1284)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1726)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1641)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)

at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:3751)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:3715)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:804)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:743)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:1226)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:247)

And this was at the top of the listing:

ERROR: can't find recipe source "Pumpkin" in recipe "Make Pumpkin Pie"
ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCCookedrice" in recipe "Cook Fried Rice"
ERROR: can't find recipe source "Pumpkin" in recipe "Plant Pumpkin Seeds"
ERROR: can't find recipe result "Pumpkin" in recipe "Harvest Pumpkin"

Anything here can help you sort through any possible bugs?

Only other mods on the server are:

-ExpirationFood

-Professionals
-PumpPower

-Dry Towels

If there's anything else I can add or elaborate, please let me know.

EDIT:

Ehhhhh...tried to interpret it and see how I could fix it or at least look at the files but it's still Greek to me even with reading up and looking up FAQs. I'll see what I can do.

Edited by evankimori

Heya hydro, I looks like my last post disappeared. I posted the solution and some other bugs a while back before you did the update.
To be specific, the problem was caused by:

LINE 435 if chance <= bugLvl10 then

This if has no end. Just place one as line 437 and everything works fine.

Other bugs:

• In Books.txt, line 329 ends with }' instead of }
  • HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua line # 150, you have the following code causing stack trace. :
    file: HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua line # 150local HCMulberryleaf = {};HCMulberryleaf.type = "Hydrocraft.HCMulberryleaf";HCMulberryleaf.minCount = 1;HCMulberryleaf.maxCount = 2;HCMulberryleaf.skill = 3;local HCMulberryleaf = {}; <-!!!!! Just reset it to {}! Should just be HCMulberryHCMulberry.type = "Hydrocraft.HCMulberry"; <-!!!! Trying to write to a table that doesn't exist! Stack trace!HCMulberry.minCount = 2;HCMulberry.maxCount = 5;HCMulberry.skill = 3;
  • Dogwhistle recipe needs to have 'keep Dogwhistle'
  • Many errors in HCLoading.lua. These prevent items from spawning in containers.
    • Need to remove all references of HCFireextinguisherempty and HCFireblanket as they no longer have item definitions.
    • All cardboard boxes and stacks are spelt 'Cardboarbox'. Should be 'Cardboardbox'. Find replace is your friend.
    • Lists HCJarHoney. Item is actually spelt 'HCJarhoney'. Prevents item from spawning
    • line 3163 lists 'Rubberband'. Item is actually spelt 'RubberBand'
  • In Food Flour.txt, line 131 calls for Egg/WildEggs. WildEggs is not an item. HCGooseegg should be listed instead.

These are the basic bugs I can think of off the top of my head. I am working on fixing all the cooking stuff though, so I may post that in a couple of days.

Hope this helps!

You bastards are making me roll out my Notepad++ to correct some of these small errors on my own since you're elaborating them...despite my immense dislike for anything coding related. You folks are making me get an interest in coding and correcting again! Stop it this instant! XD

I added some of these minor corrections to my own files until Hydro has the release out to make life easier for my players until then. Thanks for the elaboration.

Only one thing though: could you list the files if you're gonna post some of the corrections so that I can assist in some small way and learn something? Not really a demand...just the curiosity is there and I'd like to learn something to clean up the code and help in some small way instead of twiddling my thumbs waiting! :) I'm a newb, I know!

Umm...I do have a few suggestions...

-Instead of this dying system you've mentioned, a rabbit hutch with some sort of requirement for the breeding to occur(a particular food source may do). It would nerf them a bit, right?

-I don't know if dandelions are in Canada, but adding dandelion leaves as a food source for humans and rabbits would be cool. And I don't know how, but dandelion tea can be made from them as well...I think.

-And I find it odd that we can reuse bubble wrap over and over again without using it all up. As far as I know from playing with them in RL, it would be a one time use unless it can be split into smaller portions.

I have been thinking, in terms of breeding, a better way to go would be to use the moddable farming mod(?) and make rabbits a 'crop'. That way, you can make them take a while to 'breed' (harvestable) and HAVE NO FLOWERING GROWTH (Harvestable + seeds), instead have it cycle like tomatoes. Also, you can only water them, but seeding can require a number of different items combined into a breeder, eg;

1. 1 female + 1 male + cage = rabbit breeder. Used as seed.
  2. Plant rabbit breeders, 1 needed per plot.
  3. Need low water requirements (can't leave them entirely outside. Need shelter to prevent excess rainfall)
  4. For fertilizer etc just consider that you are also growing food for them.
  5. When you 'harvest' you get several generic baby rabbits, governed by farming skill. The plot returns to stage one, newly planted.
  6. Raising babies to adults requires feeding them through several stages (can be done in groups) via recipes. This allows easy lua hooks to determine sex, etc.

This way, the cage is permanently tied to a plot and can't be recovered. Only allowing babies to be gathered means you must take care of any diseases that occur to the rabbits, and not abandon them too long, or risk losing them.

The same can easily be done with other livestock as well.

I have been thinking, in terms of breeding, a better way to go would be to use the moddable farming mod(?) and make rabbits a 'crop'. That way, you can make them take a while to 'breed' (harvestable) and HAVE NO FLOWERING GROWTH (Harvestable + seeds), instead have it cycle like tomatoes. Also, you can only water them, but seeding can require a number of different items combined into a breeder, eg;

1. 1 female + 1 male + cage = rabbit breeder. Used as seed.
  2. Plant rabbit breeders, 1 needed per plot.
  3. Need low water requirements (can't leave them entirely outside. Need shelter to prevent excess rainfall)
  4. For fertilizer etc just consider that you are also growing food for them.
  5. When you 'harvest' you get several generic baby rabbits, governed by farming skill. The plot returns to stage one, newly planted.
  6. Raising babies to adults requires feeding them through several stages (can be done in groups) via recipes. This allows easy lua hooks to determine sex, etc.

This way, the cage is permanently tied to a plot and can't be recovered. Only allowing babies to be gathered means you must take care of any diseases that occur to the rabbits, and not abandon them too long, or risk losing them.

The same can easily be done with other livestock as well.

The main problem is custom crops are extremely hard to get working. People like blackteapie have been trying to get it to work.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13478-moddablefarming/

That's why I went the potted plants route instead.

Hydromancerx - I've been following your mod and watching it grow. It is impressive! I was just wondering if you had a end-state in mind in terms of size of the mod? Or are you just adding things as you think of them?

There are many things I wanted to put in this mod. Some I have already accomplished and some I have yet to do. However along the way I have added stuff from other mod that I both wanted and planned for but also ones I did not realize I were there but am glad I did. In short like my other projects like Caveman2Cosmos and Sagan 4 I would like to keep the door open to adding more stuff. Until the day I either get bored of adding new things or I feel it's complete.

Is it alright if I use the compass sprite?

I have a fully functioning compass mod that allows you to set a location waypoint, and mark it or one of the many presets I have. Basically, it opens up a window showing you how far away it is.

Problem is, I'm not a sprite artist, as I figured out the hard way.

I have a fully functioning compass mod that allows you to set a location waypoint, and mark it or one of the many presets I have. Basically, it opens up a window showing you how far away it is.

Oooh. That sounds like an interesting mod. Can you link it?

Oooh. That sounds like an interesting mod. Can you link it?

It's not done yet, as I still don't have a sprite. I only have the bare core.

The more cheaty version of it is in Cheat Menu, but I've decided to split it off into an independent (and less-cheaty) mod.

I keep forgetting to ask this. I need to make a listing of all my questions with this mod...

When you find an axe spawned in the world (NOT the Survival Axe) and it breaks after use and you can remove the head and rebuild it into a Makeshift Axe...I assume it gets dull after repeated breaks correct? And if so, is there a way to sharpen it or do I have to use the Smelter and break it down and recast a new and fresh Axe Head when it reaches Blunt status?