Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

then something has to go wrong with mod because I get no option to put plaster on the walls, any suggestions? we have a server and can not plastering the walls, it may be that the multiplayer mode is not enabled¿

You have to be a certain carpentry level before you are able to plaster walls. I'm pretty sure it's level 8. 

Please make this a regular file not a rar. file for mac users, You could have double the amount of audiences; I know you probably won't see this comment but my friends have mac, and one of my close friends have mac and he struggles with every game and every game's mod, so, if you could just please make this specific mod a regular folder it would bring us life.  (clyde)

Is it just me or when I eat 'Bottled' stuff that is supposed to give me a Jar AND a Lid back that the lid disappears?

When I eat bottled stuff that the game spawns, I get my bottle and lid back but when I eat stuff that I crafted...the lid vanishes. Is this normal?

Are these Base Game Jars or Hydrocraft Jars?

Candleberry has a beetle icon. I don't think that's right or the bug icon is a placeholder.

Edit: Candleberry has the same icon as the Beetle. Of all the bug reports, it has something to do with a bug icon.

Thanks for reporting!

Oh GOD :o :o ! *whisper* :ph34r: psss the snow is a camouflaged zed mwuahahahha :ph34r:

In that case... get off my roof! And my lawn! 

Just a few bug reports/questions:

-When I eat 'Bottled' stuff that is supposed to give me a Jar AND a Lid back that the lid disappears . When I eat bottled stuff that the game spawns, I get my bottle and lid back but when I eat stuff that I have crafted via Cooking (e.g. Jar Of Potatoes/Tomatoes)...the lid vanishes. Working as intended?

-There's a weird feature where the Ingot molds aren't fully consumed from when they're used from the ground/inventory and they just end up with zero charge but not used up and remain in the inventory weighing the same AND the recipe will not recognize the "empty molds" in your containers or on self. Not sure if it's due to Red or Grey clay cast Ingot molds. Working as intended?

-Same as the Ingot molds but with the bags of charcoal too. Can provide screenshots if necessary. Working as intended?

-Having some trouble crafting the spray cans to get rid of pests, Mildew or the Bug Spray. Have an empty and full Garden Spray in inventory with cigarettes and game-spawned Milk and nothing's happening in multiplayer especially. Have had to spawn them in for players and they work fine but cannot be refilled either.

--Add to above: is it possible we can use our own churned milk from our cows to make the Mildew spray in future? Is that in a planned release?

QUESTIONS:

-Are there any other uses for screws besides crafting with Baseball Bats and melting down at furnace? Not seeing anything else in my crafting journal for that...

-Does Butter ever spoil? I've had some with no power outside of fridge in a crate and the stuff doesn't deteriorate easily...

Thanks in advance for your time Hydro and crew! I do love this mod! Please reply if you need screenshots or more test data, I'd be glad to help if I can!

I've had the same problem with ingots and bags of charcoal, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the Hydrocraft mod, but rather with the way the base game handles crafting using objects in external containers/on the floor as a part of the recipe, where those items are consumable but not consumed in a single effort. I was poking around with it last night, and making things at the smelter where I had bags of charcoal in a packdog resulted in the charcoal being consumed properly, but if the charcoal was on the floor, it wasn't consumed. I've been meaning to file a bug report, but wanted to play around with it to try and see if it was also happening if I had items in a cupboard and was trying to use them in recipes. If you've already got screenshots set up, I'd definitely recommend putting a bug up north in the main PZ bug forum.

The issue with the mildew/insecticide sprays isn't a Hydrocraft problem. Under build 32, they've become learnable recipes in the main game. I gather you start out knowing how to make them if you've taken the farmer profession, but otherwise you need to find magazines with the recipes in to learn how to make them. I had the same problem as you, trying to work out what on earth was going on when it changed. Some other things have gone the same way, like being able to make bread.

My longest run in PZ is about 8 months, and I've not seen butter spoil either. If NoMIS is around, it might asking him to check it out in one of his playthroughs - he's got a mod installed in Season 4 that shows how long food has left before it goes rotten in dialogue view, so if he has some butter in the game perhaps he could glance at it for us and confirm if it ever goes off...

Is it just me or when I eat 'Bottled' stuff that is supposed to give me a Jar AND a Lid back that the lid disappears?

When I eat bottled stuff that the game spawns, I get my bottle and lid back but when I eat stuff that I crafted...the lid vanishes. Is this normal?

It goes both ways. Lemme outline the scenario:

-Find Bottled Potatoes in store/shelf/world spawn.

-Eat All.

-Gain Empty Jar with Lid.

-Go back to base, make Bottled Tomatoes by using recipe in Cooking crafting menu.

-Consume that.

-Lid disappears. End up with Empty Jar, no lid.

Have NOT tried it with CRAFTING Jars and Lids from Hydrocraft yet since in server we haven't gotten to creating Glass-anything yet but I can try it if you can't get someone to replicate it and I can give you some feedback.

Edited by evankimori

I've had the same problem with ingots and bags of charcoal, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the Hydrocraft mod, but rather with the way the base game handles crafting using objects in external containers/on the floor as a part of the recipe, where those items are consumable but not consumed in a single effort. I was poking around with it last night, and making things at the smelter where I had bags of charcoal in a packdog resulted in the charcoal being consumed properly, but if the charcoal was on the floor, it wasn't consumed. I've been meaning to file a bug report, but wanted to play around with it to try and see if it was also happening if I had items in a cupboard and was trying to use them in recipes. If you've already got screenshots set up, I'd definitely recommend putting a bug up north in the main PZ bug forum.

Most definitely. Will do that today when I get back home and get the server online again! The thing is it gets annoing with the charcoal and ingot mold bug because they still weigh the same and even the floor has a weight limit of 50...much less with the Disorganized talent. Disposal of these bugged items, I've resorted to throwing them in a pile outside my base wall OR putting them on a zed corpse and chopping up the corpse for Bone with the Saw.

The issue with the mildew/insecticide sprays isn't a Hydrocraft problem. Under build 32, they've become learnable recipes in the main game. I gather you start out knowing how to make them if you've taken the farmer profession, but otherwise you need to find magazines with the recipes in to learn how to make them. I had the same problem as you, trying to work out what on earth was going on when it changed. Some other things have gone the same way, like being able to make bread.

Sonova...ARGH. Yet another book to be hunted? Really? :/ It's bad enough I had to go Indiana Jones on the place searching for the Electronic Manuals to make the bombs and remotes AND then to find the fishing magazine too just to add line back to my rod. Sigh. :( So now there's one for bread and the spray cans now too? Because even on the official forums and the Reddit threads, people are up in arms about it as a bug and no response. Can you link me a resource for the changes because the patch notes seem to be vague as heck even on the official site.

Also: should I update the wiki with all this info since no one else seems to be bothering? The wiki is so OOD that trying to get new players in sometimes is an exercise in fruitlessness since they get so frustrated with no info resource.

Fine. Time to go kill zeds and steal books. :D

My longest run in PZ is about 8 months, and I've not seen butter spoil either. If NoMIS is around, it might asking him to check it out in one of his playthroughs - he's got a mod installed in Season 4 that shows how long food has left before it goes rotten in dialogue view, so if he has some butter in the game perhaps he could glance at it for us and confirm if it ever goes off...

...I'd like to have that mod too pretty please. Only one I've seen so far is CANNING ESSENTIALS 0.8 and FOOD EXPIRATION DATE which seem to have stopped at older versions. Are these them?

Nothing more annoying than trying to get Saltpeter to preserve fish via Sifting and Mining for all your fish to go stale at a random. Saltpeter seems to be rare as heck tho...not gonna lie. Gotten more sulphur than anything. Can we make out own Salt in-game alongside Vinegar for preserving?

I need to go to his channel and thank him for making those vids! They're a great resource for the game.

Edited by evankimori

It goes both ways. Lemme outline the scenario:

-Find Bottled Potatoes in store/shelf/world spawn.

-Eat All.

-Gain Empty Jar with Lid.

-Go back to base, make Bottled Tomatoes by using recipe in Cooking crafting menu.

-Consume that.

-Lid disappears. End up with Empty Jar, no lid.

Have NOT tried it with CRAFTING Jars and Lids from Hydrocraft yet since in server we haven't gotten to creating Glass-anything yet but I can try it if you can't get someone to replicate it and I can give you some feedback.

Well both tomatoes and potatoes are base game.

Base game items are ...

- Jar of Tomatoes

- Jar of Carrots

- Jar of Potatoes

- Jar of Eggplants

- Jar of Leeks

- Jar of Red Radishes

- Jar of Bell Peppers

- Jar of Cabbage

- Jar of Broccoli

If it is not one of those let me know. Otherwise its just a base game thing.

In short Hydrocraft Jared Food should give you back your lid while base game do not.

Most definitely. Will do that today when I get back home and get the server online again! The thing is it gets annoing with the charcoal and ingot mold bug because they still weigh the same and even the floor has a weight limit of 50...much less with the Disorganized talent. Disposal of these bugged items, I've resorted to throwing them in a pile outside my base wall OR putting them on a zed corpse and chopping up the corpse for Bone with the Saw.

Sonova...ARGH. Yet another book to be hunted? Really? :/ It's bad enough I had to go Indiana Jones on the place searching for the Electronic Manuals to make the bombs and remotes AND then to find the fishing magazine too just to add line back to my rod. Sigh. :( So now there's one for bread and the spray cans now too? Because even on the official forums and the Reddit threads, people are up in arms about it as a bug and no response. Can you link me a resource for the changes because the patch notes seem to be vague as heck even on the official site.

Also: should I update the wiki with all this info since no one else seems to be bothering? The wiki is so OOD that trying to get new players in sometimes is an exercise in fruitlessness since they get so frustrated with no info resource.

...I'd like to have that mod too pretty please. Only one I've seen so far is CANNING ESSENTIALS 0.8 and FOOD EXPIRATION DATE which seem to have stopped at older versions. Are these them?

Nothing more annoying than trying to get Saltpeter to preserve fish via Sifting and Mining for all your fish to go stale at a random. Saltpeter seems to be rare as heck tho...not gonna lie. Gotten more sulphur than anything. Can we make out own Salt in-game alongside Vinegar for preserving?

I need to go to his channel and thank him for making those vids! They're a great resource for the game.

Hey guys! I'm using the Food Expiration mod in my current series and will take a look to see if butter does indeed expire or not (my gut is telling me it doesn't based off of our Wayne Stewart Season 2 play through). Link to the mod download is http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13992-food-expiration-date/ and although it states the PZ build it works with is 31.13, it seems to be working fine for me in 32.17.  I didn't pick the eye to food trait for Season 4 but am using it in our You Have One Day challenge series.  The mod will still give you a general "Starting to Rot", "Okay", "Fresh" and "Very Fresh" indicator even if you haven't selected the Eye to Food trait :)

Eeesh. In trying to test that bottle problem I came upon yet another semi-exploit. :(

When using the Smelter to 'Recycle' items (in this case - a Garden Spray Can)...apparently you can get more ingots from the can once it's filled with water as the 'Recycle' burns up the water INSIDE the container first and treats it as "material" for ingots.

So therefore I can get more ingots on a recycle from a Filled GSC than an empty one.

So far: it's about 7 ingots on a Filled because it has to deplete the water first THEN destroy the container and an EMPTY container gives 1 ingot.

EDIT @ 10:20PM

Okay. Spawned the following via MP server admin console:

-Spawned Base.CannedTomatoes. Cannot consume without removing lid. Remove lid, lid vanishes, get empty jar and 5x Tomatoes.

-Try eating Jar Of Tomatoes found in normal spawn via gameplay (no admin spawn). Do not have to remove lid. Eat All. Get Jar With Lid.

Next:

-Spawned items to CRAFT Jar Of Tomatoes via Hydrocraft - (Empty Jar, Lid, Tomatox5, Water, Vinegar, Sugar)

-Crafted JOT via Hydrocraft Cooking menu by getting Jar With Lid from separate spawn. Did NOT spawn Lid and Jar separate.

> Remove Lid from jar to get crafting items separately.
> Get lid in inventory

> Craft JOT via Cooking Menu. Get JOT. Open JOT that I JUST crafted...lid vanishes. Get 5x Tomatoes and Empty Jar...but no lid.

Still need screenshots or can I submit this as is? This is all Hydrocraft 2.9 with current 32 Build of PZ. Updated the server today and even restarted one to ensure all this data is correct.

Edited by evankimori

Eeesh. In trying to test that bottle problem I came upon yet another semi-exploit. :(

When using the Smelter to 'Recycle' items (in this case - a Garden Spray Can)...apparently you can get more ingots from the can once it's filled with water as the 'Recycle' burns up the water INSIDE the container first and treats it as "material" for ingots.

So therefore I can get more ingots on a recycle from a Filled GSC than an empty one.

So far: it's about 7 ingots on a Filled because it has to deplete the water first THEN destroy the container and an EMPTY container gives 1 ingot.

Thanks for reporting. I will just remove water filled items from the list for the next update. If you want to recycle the item just dump out the water first.

EDIT @ 10:20PM

Okay. Spawned the following via MP server admin console:

-Spawned Base.CannedTomatoes. Cannot consume without removing lid. Remove lid, lid vanishes, get empty jar and 5x Tomatoes.

-Try eating Jar Of Tomatoes found in normal spawn via gameplay (no admin spawn). Do not have to remove lid. Eat All. Get Jar With Lid.

Next:

-Spawned items to CRAFT Jar Of Tomatoes via Hydrocraft - (Empty Jar, Lid, Tomatox5, Water, Vinegar, Sugar)

-Crafted JOT via Hydrocraft Cooking menu by getting Jar With Lid from separate spawn. Did NOT spawn Lid and Jar separate.

> Remove Lid from jar to get crafting items separately.

> Get lid in inventory

> Craft JOT via Cooking Menu. Get JOT. Open JOT that I JUST crafted...lid vanishes. Get 5x Tomatoes and Empty Jar...but no lid.

Still need screenshots or can I submit this as is? This is all Hydrocraft 2.9 with current 32 Build of PZ. Updated the server today and even restarted one to ensure all this data is correct.

There is no Hydrocraft recipe for Jarring Tomatoes. That's a base game recipe.

The only Jaring Hydrocraft Recipies are ..

- Jar of Kimchi

- Jar of Pickled Eggs

- Jarred Watermelon

- Jarred Apples

- Jar of Applesauce

- Jarred Peaches

- Jarred Orange Slices

- Jarred Grapes

- Jarred Berries

- Jar of Honey

- Jar of Grape Jam

- Jar of Apple Jam

- Jar of Orange Jam

- Jar of Peach Jam

- Jar of Pear Jam

- Jar of Watermelon Jam

- Jar of Pineapple Jam

- Jar of Cherry Jam

- Jar of Strawberry Jam

- Jar of Blueberry Jam

- Jar of Blackberry Jam

- Jar of Wild Berry Jam

- Bug Jar

- Jar of Fireflies

The main difference between telling which is which is that Base game require an Empty Jar and a Lid. While the Hydrocraft mod requires a Jar with a Lid already on the Jar (which is a Hydrocraft item).

In short the base game is mean and has you loose your lid while my recipes let you keep the lid.

I suspect the reason it's not been picked up in the base game is that there isn't really anything consumable in stages that you can work with from the floor in the base game - this is one of those instances where Hydrocraft is ahead of the game code. I did try holding a mix of exhausted and unexhausted items to see if the game would cycle through and burn the exhausted ones while crafting, but even when I was initiating the recipe by clicking on them and using the context menu, they stuck around. I'm doing the same thing as you with the corpses to get shot of them.

I'll need to go and have a hunt around to see where it was detailed. I *think* it was in the release notes for one of the later IWBUMS updates - maybe 32.16? I know it didn't register with me at the time, and it wasn't until I was asking around about the spray cans that someone pointed it out to me.

I've given up on the bombs and remotes - I've looted a fair amount of Muldraugh, and found a number of duplicate recipes, and at this point can make smoke bombs and all three levels of remote... and that's it. After watching NoMIS in the Great Aerosol Bomb Adventure, I'm a little glad that I can't make bombs, but it's too risky to keep going further and further from my base, and based where I am (SW Muldraugh) there aren't that many sheds around to go and hunt in. Plus, every time I think about trying to hunt through sheds for magazines, I invariably get sidetracked by jokes about the kinds of magazines that are usually kept in garden sheds...

I did a little bit of wiki editing to start adding more of the Hydrocraft recipes, but then I saw a post on the forums from the Wiki admin bemoaning the lack of updates for the site other than fanmod updates, along with a comment about how he didn't think he liked the site being used for mods, so I thought I should probably stop. I've debated going back in to add some of the base game stuff, but I can't seem to get the time and enthusiasm together.

I've found the reverse - I've got about ten spare units of Saltpetre at the moment, because I just can't seem to find much sulphur. The random number generator is a pain that way. If I could find a way to preserve food with clay, twigs or copper ore, I think I'd be set for life ;) I'm pretty sure it's the Food Expiration Date mod that NoMIS uses.

If nothing else, Project Zomboid is showing why salt used to be a luxury item...

Hey guys! I'm using the Food Expiration mod in my current series and will take a look to see if butter does indeed expire or not (my gut is telling me it doesn't based off of our Wayne Stewart Season 2 play through). Link to the mod download is http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13992-food-expiration-date/ and although it states the PZ build it works with is 31.13, it seems to be working fine for me in 32.17.  I didn't pick the eye to food trait for Season 4 but am using it in our You Have One Day challenge series.  The mod will still give you a general "Starting to Rot", "Okay", "Fresh" and "Very Fresh" indicator even if you haven't selected the Eye to Food trait :)

There's a trait that works with the mod? That's nifty - I picked random traits for my replacement character because I was in a rush, and I seem to be a perpetually hungry/thirsty stocky handy craftsman. I might go and grab that mod to help sifting through the food I've got stockpiled... and to see whether donuts and ice cream really do live forever.

There is no Hydrocraft recipe for Jarring Tomatoes. That's a base game recipe.

The only Jaring Hydrocraft Recipies are ..

- Jar of Kimchi

- Jar of Pickled Eggs

- Jarred Watermelon

- Jarred Apples

- Jar of Applesauce

- Jarred Peaches

- Jarred Orange Slices

- Jarred Grapes

- Jarred Berries

- Jar of Honey

- Jar of Grape Jam

- Jar of Apple Jam

- Jar of Orange Jam

- Jar of Peach Jam

- Jar of Pear Jam

- Jar of Watermelon Jam

- Jar of Pineapple Jam

- Jar of Cherry Jam

- Jar of Strawberry Jam

- Jar of Blueberry Jam

- Jar of Blackberry Jam

- Jar of Wild Berry Jam

- Bug Jar

- Jar of Fireflies

The main difference between telling which is which is that Base game require an Empty Jar and a Lid. While the Hydrocraft mod requires a Jar with a Lid already on the Jar (which is a Hydrocraft item).

In short the base game is mean and has you loose your lid while my recipes let you keep the lid.

And this is why we love you :D I have a survivor who, now winter has hit, is surviving on a largely jam-based diet because I don't want to him my tinned food reserves. Thanks to Hydrocraft, I've got about 250 jars of assorted jams to last me the winter. Good job I didn't recycle all the spoons, right?

Although - and I hate to say this - the problem with lemon juice in bowls eating the bowls looks like it's back. I had ten bowls of lemon juice in my inventory last night, made from lemons harvested from fruit trees in pots. I made six different pots of sugar water for jam, and dried two bananas, a peach and an apple, and in every case I prepared them by right-clicking on a bowl of lemon juice and using the context menu to indicate the item I wanted to craft, and when I'd finished, I had no bowls - empty or otherwise - in my inventory.

Hydrocraft v3.0 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Herbalist Textbook and Sericulture Textbooks.

- Herbalist Table

- Sericulture (Silkworms, Silkworm Eggs, Silkmoths, Mulberries, etc)

- Tea and Hemp Farming (Fresh Tea Leaves, Potted Tea Trees, Potted Hemp Plants, Fresh Hemp Buds, Clay Pipe with Hemp Bud, etc)

- More Weaving (Plant Fibers, Linen Thread, Linen Cloth, Thin Rope, etc)

- Added Small Battery, Medium Battery and Larger Battery.

- Can now Cook Rice in Rice Cooker.

- Fixed Rice Cooking process.

- Fixed Ammo Making to produce Boxes instead,however more materials are required to make them.

- Fixed Baking Tray bug from making Cookies.

- Fixed disappearing bowl from Bowl of Lemon Juice.

- Fixed Rabbit Vaccine Bug.

- Fixed Recycling Watering Cans and Garden Spray Cans

- Fixed Candleberry Art

- New Art for most Potted Plants!

- Added Blueprints for Fishing Rod, Fishing Trap and all Trap recipes. No more needing to depend upon Magazines to learn them. Find the right textbooks instead to invent your own blueprints.

- Added Wooden Stakes Mod By Nightsinger!!

Enjoy!

Holy crap there Hydro...do you ever sleep at all at this rate? :D

Thanks so much for the quick response on the Jar and Lid issues! The server players will be so grateful for an answer!

Well since we've gotten the "Jar and Lid" issue sorted and alerted with the Water Recycling bug too - I'd like to ask some questions since you all have gotten me so excited about contributing to the community and this mod now! (clyde)

-As for the Curing Salt, Saltpeter and preserving items: I know we can find and make the Saltpeter but are there plans to have us make our own Curing Salt/Table Salt (the seasoning salt) as well in future?

-Same question concerning Milk and the Garden Spray Can. Our own bottled milk from Hydrocraft be used one day to make our own Mildew Spray if that's on the To-Do list?

I'll add some more data when I can think of it!

Hydrocraft v3.0 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Can now Cook Rice in Rice Cooker.

- Fixed Rice Cooking process.

- Fixed Ammo Making to produce Boxes instead,however more materials are required to make them.

- Fixed Recycling Watering Cans and Garden Spray Cans

- Added Blueprints for Fishing Rod, Fishing Trap and all Trap recipes. No more needing to depend upon Magazines to learn them. Find the right textbooks instead to invent your own blueprints.

- Added Wooden Stakes Mod By Nightsinger!!

Enjoy!

I am fanning myself furiously at this development. You have no idea how happy that change to trap and fishing rods makes me. <3

Still

I did a little bit of wiki editing to start adding more of the Hydrocraft recipes, but then I saw a post on the forums from the Wiki admin bemoaning the lack of updates for the site other than fanmod updates, along with a comment about how he didn't think he liked the site being used for mods, so I thought I should probably stop. I've debated going back in to add some of the base game stuff, but I can't seem to get the time and enthusiasm together.

And this is why we love you :D I have a survivor who, now winter has hit, is surviving on a largely jam-based diet because I don't want to him my tinned food reserves. Thanks to Hydrocraft, I've got about 250 jars of assorted jams to last me the winter. Good job I didn't recycle all the spoons, right?

Well if you're interested and want to get it done, hit me a PM? Maybe we can work together and ease the boredom of it a bit unless the community revitalizes itself a bit?

Also: think about it...running out of spoons and having all those jars and being unable to eat any of it and dying of starvation...saddddddd!

Although - and I hate to say this - the problem with lemon juice in bowls eating the bowls looks like it's back. I had ten bowls of lemon juice in my inventory last night, made from lemons harvested from fruit trees in pots. I made six different pots of sugar water for jam, and dried two bananas, a peach and an apple, and in every case I prepared them by right-clicking on a bowl of lemon juice and using the context menu to indicate the item I wanted to craft, and when I'd finished, I had no bowls - empty or otherwise - in my inventory.

Still getting that bowl-eating bug even with the newest release in Hydro's post? If so: I'll look out for it tonight when I load up.

So with this play through im on survivor # 294 and of course i broke foot so im stuck at my base for awhile. I decided to go out and hunt the elusive clay so i can build up a kiln for the first time.  Problem im having tho is, im getting nothing right now. Ive shifted about 30 or so different times, and in different area's. Is it tied in with foraging so if its been foraged out, i wont get anything?  I also noticed it just turned November and i see that foraging changes a bit. Could it be due to that?

Or am i just really unlucky?  I have this problem with version 29* and updated a bit ago to the latest release of 30. This is all with pz build 32.17.

So with this play through im on survivor # 294 and of course i broke foot so im stuck at my base for awhile. I decided to go out and hunt the elusive clay so i can build up a kiln for the first time.  Problem im having tho is, im getting nothing right now. Ive shifted about 30 or so different times, and in different area's. Is it tied in with foraging so if its been foraged out, i wont get anything?  I also noticed it just turned November and i see that foraging changes a bit. Could it be due to that?

Or am i just really unlucky?  I have this problem with version 29* and updated a bit ago to the latest release of 30. This is all with pz build 32.17.

Your other option (if you have enough Carpentry skill) is to build the Mine using Engineering if you happen to find a Shovel/Spade as well. Give that a try?

Can't say if it's related to Foraging because how that skill works internally is a mystery to me at this time.

You might just be unlucky.  Sometimes it's taken me shifting through 15 or so bags to find any clay.  As evankimori said, if you have the carpentry skill and a spade it's worth your while to build a mine.  That way you can really speed up your search and should be able to find a bunch of clay in no time.  Good luck :)

Ok. I had just thought of that and was gonna work on the carpentry now to do that.

On a side note, im glad to see the change done on packing lumber for having it consuming the rope up. I was gonna edit the file to do it

but now i dont have to! Cant cheese skill up so fast now ;)

I use a mod that replaces the clock with gfx for sun setting and moon. One of the things it does tho is hide the date. So i dont know if it was happening in October or not for me. I had to disable it real fast to see the date to see if that could have been a factor off not getting any items via shifting.

Time to go scour a battlefield for rope now, lol

And i think i just must be unlucky since ive hit a patch of that the last week. I switched isp's and had to shut down my ark server i ran due to issues with the new one. A 4 hour os install on a laptop turned out be a 36 hour install. and then my main computer decided it didnt want to turn on and i had to tear it all apart, rebuild it and reset the bios then it decided it would turn on, lol.

Just noticed that there is no option to make copper ingots anymore.  Not sure if this is due to something in the recent 3.0 update as I've only just now gotten around to using the smelter and kiln.  Copper ingots still show up in the recipes for other items but I couldn't find them in the crafting menu and no option was given to make them when using the smelter with required ingredients.  Has anyone else encountered this?

**EDIT**  Nevermind, I guess I hadn't read my Copper Working Textbook, thought I had lol.  All is good :)