Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I can send you the python script that generates this text files from your scripts. This way you can generate the translation yourself, everytime you release a new version with new items just by double clicking a .py file.

I thought you had a German translation.

quick one.., I've noticed getting a bit wet with the rain poncho on my character... is it normal ? and if it is how much does the rain poncho prevent from being wet, soaked, drenched... ?

Thanks !

You get slightly wet but never drenched. Note it will not try you if you are already wet.

• Also if you take the luck perk, you find them faster than they break. It's like every 20th Zed has one. 

wat. got it on my 10th-ish zombie kill and and its been eluding me for the next 300+ zeds... :mellow:

...in which time my sturdy katana broke lol

Crazy question folks... I seen that the Hydrocraft mod has dogs in it ... Are they mainly NPCs chained to doghouses and come across here and there and can they actually follow you around and such ?

Hey Jack.  Dogs are just props in their present state and will need to be found by the player using certain items in combination with each other.  You can place them or carry them around in your inventory.  There's a bunch of different breeds too which is cool, if you want to try and collect them all :)

For the food_taters.txt, this missing comma is the culprit.  Add it and the crafting menu works again.

recipe Make Bowl of Creamy Mashed Potatos
{
Bowl=2,
HCMashedpotatoscreamycooked(comma missing) - ,
Result: HCMashedpotatoscreamybowl=2,
Time:35.0,
}

For the food_soup.txt, this is the missing comma.

recipe Make Pot of Mushroom Soup
{
destroy WaterPot,
HCSoupbouillon,
MushroomGeneric1/MushroomGeneric2/MushroomGeneric3/MushroomGeneric4/MushroomGeneric5/MushroomGeneric6/MushroomGeneric7 (comma missing) - ,
Result:HCMushroomsoup,
Time:75.0,
}

Make those two changes and it should work.

Dave

I'm still running Hydrocraft 2.4 with the latest IWBUMS beta because the last couple of weeks of my life got eaten by a convention I was helping to run, but I'm hoping to upgrade to version 2.6 this weekend (I want plenty of time to ... well, back up my saves, beforehand, so that I don't lose all the hydrocraft-related stuff I've worked up over the last few weeks).

I spotted something odd last night, which I think is related to the latest IWBUMS beta rather than Hydrocraft itself, but which may not be relevant to anyone else because I'm still running 2.4 rather than the latest version.

Last thing last night I harvested a bumper crop of strawberries, and I decided I'd make up a couple of cooking pots of jam before turning in, so that I can cook them up the next time I log in. I already had 6 lots straweberries lurking in my fridge from the previous harvest, and I wanted to use the oldest strawberries first. I saw in the notes from the most recent Mondoid that lots of crafting work can now use items that are on the floor or in nearby locations, rather than requiring everything to be in the character inventory, so I dumped most of the recent strawberry crop on the floor, grabbed the oldest strawberries plus a couple of fresh ones, walked into a different room and made a cooking pot full of jam. Not a problem.

I then went back and prepared another cooking pot for making jam (prepped with water, lemon and sugar as usual) and with one lot of strawberries in my character inventory and stack of 8-9 on the floor, I tried using the crafting command to make another cooking pot of strawberry jam. It worked - I got the cooking pot of jam in my backpack ready to go in the oven - but I still had the one unit of strawberries in my backpack and the stack of 8-9 on the floor.

I didn't get the chance to check again because it was already well past when I should've gone to sleep (Hydrocraft makes PZ even more fiendishly addictive) but it looked as if the recipe wasn't consuming any of the strawberries if less than the full complement of strawberries required were in my open inventory when I made the jam. I'm going to test it again tonight, but if it is a bug, then it might lead to a huge quantity of strawberry jam from a single harvest. And the first PZ survivor to die of post-apocalypse diabetes.

Hydrocraft v2.6b has been released! Its sort of an early update / patch for IWBUMS 32.8.

Which includes ...

- The new crafting menu now loads with the mod.

- Tons of bug fixes for art and broken recipes.

- Recopies now utilize the new crafting menu categories!

- Added Pack Dogs can be equipped with 2 Large Hiking Bags

- Added Wooden Ladder and Mine Hole.

- Katanas no longer spawn on zombies.

- The Large and Medium Alice Packs have been made more rare.

- The Slingshot bug should now be fixed.

Enjoy!

Note its a short update but a needed one. Probably no update on Friday now that this was posted.

Is the boxing of ammo from your mod or is this a general feature of the game? If not:

We had some problems with ammo on our server. Packing 9mm ammo in boxes used just 1 bullet per box, but returned 30 bullets when opening the box.

Also, here is the new error list for your mod:

Found 1239 icons in the picture folder
Found 1191 items in the scripts
------------------------------------------------------------
The following images are referenced in a script file but there is no .png
Image not found: HCBlacksmithapron in Leatherworking.txt
Image not found: HCPottedzucchini in Gardening.txt
Image not found: HCGooseegg in Foraging.txt
Image not found: TZ_IndieStoneNPK in Base Items.txt
The following images are never referenced in the script files
Icon name in script not found: HCBBQsaucehalfempty
Icon name in script not found: HCBellpeppergreenRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCBellpepperyellowRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCBronzetrophy
Icon name in script not found: HCCandleberry
Icon name in script not found: HCCanteenfull
Icon name in script not found: HCCauliflowerRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCChickenegg
Icon name in script not found: HCChinesecabbageRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCChipcookieburned
Icon name in script not found: HCChocolatecookieburned
Icon name in script not found: HCCookieburned
Icon name in script not found: HCCookiepeanutbutterburned
Icon name in script not found: HCCookiewhiteburned
Icon name in script not found: HCCrabRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCCucumberRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCDoublechocolatecookieburned
Icon name in script not found: HCDownjacket
Icon name in script not found: HCFishtankfull
Icon name in script not found: HCGarbagebag
Icon name in script not found: HCGarbagebagblack
Icon name in script not found: HCGarlicpowderhalfempty
Icon name in script not found: HCGarlicRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCGingerRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCGoosergg
Icon name in script not found: HCGuacamolebowlRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCGuacamolejarRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCHerringRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCLargetupfoodRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCMediumtupfoodRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCMultitool
Icon name in script not found: HCMushroomRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCNachosgrande
Icon name in script not found: HCOniongreenRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCPearRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCPeppermill
Icon name in script not found: HCPieapplebaked
Icon name in script not found: HCPieblueberrybaked
Icon name in script not found: HCPiepeachrbaked
Icon name in script not found: HCPiepearbaked
Icon name in script not found: HCPiepumpkinbaked
Icon name in script not found: HCPizzaARotten
Icon name in script not found: HCPizzaBRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCPizzaCRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCPizzasliceARotten
Icon name in script not found: HCPizzasliceBRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCPizzasliceCRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCRabbitcooked
Icon name in script not found: HCSalsabowlRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCSalsajarRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCShiitakeRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCSlicedappleRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCSlicedtomatoRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCSmalltupfoodRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCSoysaucehalfempty
Icon name in script not found: HCStrawbasket
Icon name in script not found: HCSweetpotatoRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCTacosaucebottleRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCTacosaucebowlRotten
Icon name in script not found: HCThermosfull
Icon name in script not found: HCWoodenwheelbarrow2
Icon name in script not found: HCWorcestershirefull
Icon name in script not found: HCWorcestershirehalfempty

You can get it here to run it for yourself.

Hydromancerx, I seem to be having a crafting problem?  In this picture, I have all the items required but cannot craft what I'm trying to craft.  Take a look:

Hmm for some reason its not listing Paper as a component.

Is the boxing of ammo from your mod or is this a general feature of the game? If not:

We had some problems with ammo on our server. Packing 9mm ammo in boxes used just 1 bullet per box, but returned 30 bullets when opening the box.

You can get it here to run it for yourself.

No boxing ammo is base game except for Arrows, Bolts, BBs and Nail gun Ammo.

Also anything that says Rotten at the end is used by the game when the food goes bad. Same goes for burned.

So really the list would be ...

Image not found: HCBlacksmithapron in Leatherworking.txt

Image not found: HCPottedzucchini in Gardening.txt

Image not found: HCGooseegg in Foraging.txt

Image not found: TZ_IndieStoneNPK in Base Items.txt

The following images are never referenced in the script files

Icon name in script not found: HCBBQsaucehalfempty

Icon name in script not found: HCBronzetrophy

Icon name in script not found: HCCandleberry

Icon name in script not found: HCCanteenfull

Icon name in script not found: HCChickenegg

Icon name in script not found: HCDownjacket

Icon name in script not found: HCFishtankfull

Icon name in script not found: HCGarbagebag

Icon name in script not found: HCGarbagebagblack

Icon name in script not found: HCGarlicpowderhalfempty

Icon name in script not found: HCGoosergg

Icon name in script not found: HCMultitool

Icon name in script not found: HCNachosgrande

Icon name in script not found: HCPeppermill

Icon name in script not found: HCPieapplebaked

Icon name in script not found: HCPieblueberrybaked

Icon name in script not found: HCPiepeachrbaked

Icon name in script not found: HCPiepearbaked

Icon name in script not found: HCPiepumpkinbaked

Icon name in script not found: HCRabbitcooked

Icon name in script not found: HCSoysaucehalfempty

Icon name in script not found: HCStrawbasket

Icon name in script not found: HCThermosfull

Icon name in script not found: HCWoodenwheelbarrow2

Icon name in script not found: HCWorcestershirefull

Icon name in script not found: HCWorcestershirehalfempty

EDIT: Crossing some off I fixed for the next update.

Also anything that says Rotten at the end is used by the game when the food goes bad. Same goes for burned.

So really the list would be ...

Thank you. I will change the script to ignore the wrong entries and upload it in the  linked thread again.

Hey, it's been a while since I played PZ (Build 28 was the last time I did a serious play through).

I'm wondering about incorporating the drip irrigation mod.  I think it would be a brilliant addition, plus I hate having two mods adding the same items which are incompatible.

Either integration or a redundancy check to not add items/recipes which would be dups (garden hoses).  I don't know if on the fly testing of this sort can be done, adding the items to the world should be able to be done by testing but I don't know about changing recipes.

Anyway, great mod, I am enjoying the heck out of it.  :)

Hey, it's been a while since I played PZ (Build 28 was the last time I did a serious play through).

I'm wondering about incorporating the drip irrigation mod.  I think it would be a brilliant addition, plus I hate having two mods adding the same items which are incompatible.

Either integration or a redundancy check to not add items/recipes which would be dups (garden hoses).  I don't know if on the fly testing of this sort can be done, adding the items to the world should be able to be done by testing but I don't know about changing recipes.

Anyway, great mod, I am enjoying the heck out of it.   :)

It has been discussed before. Placeable objects are just harder to add (aka the hoses on the ground). My lua guy is looking into it.

I'm wondering about incorporating the drip irrigation mod.

It has been discussed before. Placeable objects are just harder to add (aka the hoses on the ground). My lua guy is looking into it.

Sorry to bring it up again then.

At my end I simply removed the garden hoses (and all references) from your mod, replaced the water pipe graphic with yours, changed the spawning in the irrigation mod to match yours and added the recycling recipe.  It doesn't throw errors but I haven't found any hoses yet.  Could just be my back luck with the prng.

Anyway, thanks for the fast reply.  This mod is becoming a must have.

I caved and installed Hydrocraft 2.6b last night because it's Hydrocraft, and spent about three hours fiddling around with it. I haven't found any of the new items yet, because in my mad jam-making frenzy inspired by Hydrocraft 2.4, I looted a long way out from my home base, but I really like the integration of the Hydrocraft recipes into the recipe menu in the IWBUMS version of PZ. So many recipes!

I wasn't able to replicate the problem I had with making strawberry jam - something odd definitely happened, because I shouldn't have been able to make three cooking pots of strawberry jam from fifteen or so portions of strawberries, but as I couldn't reproduce the error I'm content to wave it off as a weird update-related glitch.

One thing I have noticed is that I can't make the Insecticide Spray or Fungicide Spray any longer. I have the ingrediants (I'm using a full canteen for the units of water) but I don't get any option to make them, nor do they appear in the recipe menu window. I'm going to do some web searches to see if it's a problem only I'm having, but I thought I'd mention it here just in case it's an issue for others.

I started watching NoMiS' season four playthrough last night - he really loves the Hydrocraft mod, but he's a lot braver than me, setting the loot ratings on rare :P

Hello magnificent mod creator hydro! I have a problem when right clicking the new books in the mod. It crashes my game. If you can help me fix this, please let respond. 

Do you have build 32? It needs build 32 to work.

mod have a problem after last update.

What problem?

mod have a problem after last update.

What problem?

Can´t say what´s the problem like, but by using the mod, for example, the new craft Menue won´t work (the button is there and there is a response too if you press the hotkey, but the craft windwo won´t open.... Sry4brokenEnglishStyle-yeah, just another german^^

EDIT: Sry, worked again after I downloaded it again... Yesterday it won´t... ThX & Greetz for all your hard work man! I´m sure U spent thousands hours into your fantastic awesome aalpha mod!!! Staaaaiiiiil!!!!(it´s german ;))

Hello Hydro !

Have been a long time :oops: , yeah i was very busy...

Did you will add recipes of the mod to the new craft helper ? (Sorry if this question was already asked) :-|

Is this regular that i found more "Hedge Trimmer" at Westpoint than at Muldraugh ? (When i played at sandbox, i put the "Other Item" at abundant, and check two warehouses, storage unit (At Muldraugh) and the Hedge Trimmer is quite rare, just find Hedge Cutter,also when i start a new game at Wespoint, i got at the seller shop sofa and chairs : first crates i find one, the crates next to another one.

Do you will add a option to repair the Katana (even a little option with low chance of succes or repair rate) ? 

I love this weapon also !

Cheers,