Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hello Hyrdo, I just have yo say that your mod looks amazing. I havent tried it yet but its downloaded and my firend whos playing PZ with me was like OH HELLL YEAH DUDE CANT WAIT!!!

So Just wanted to say thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into making this mod.

My own reaction was oh god ill never play anything else :twisted:

So this was just a message of Apreciation for your hard work and i hope that you will continue to devolp the mod and bring us many new additions.

Hello Hydromancerx,

Congratulation to your mod ! I like it :-)  that add so many new items in the game and a change when i scavenge the buildings.

By the way the lack of recipes is a little restrictive , but i hope they add more on the wiki.

I don't know if someone know it but i found three recipes on my part, ill put here to help those who didn't know  :mrgreen:  :

-You can make a rope if you have three sheet rope.

-If you have three rope you can make a thick rope.

-And the last with the box of clay that can be found in the warehouse and some houses, open it and use the twenty clay to make.

the kiln for cook the charcoal.

I got also some questions to upgrade my knowledge to this mod  ;-)

-Does the bone saw can be used to make plank (from the logs) ?

-Where i can find a mine to have the ores ?

-Did you add a pickaxe to mine the ores ?

Otherwise, keep up the great work !  :-D

EDIT : Read above a little the subject (of this mod), i learn by this way that the recipes are in the script mod folder ! Thank to the guys who discovered that !

Cordialy,

Twister

How do fire extinguishers work?  I right-click while equipped with a FULL fire extinguisher, and I get the option to extinguish once in a blue moon.  I've never been able to do it twice in a row, or even twice in ten minutes.  I just keep right-clicking the fire and the option doesn't show up.  And yes, the extinguisher still has tons of water in it.

How do fire extinguishers work?  I right-click while equipped with a FULL fire extinguisher, and I get the option to extinguish once in a blue moon.  I've never been able to do it twice in a row, or even twice in ten minutes.  I just keep right-clicking the fire and the option doesn't show up.  And yes, the extinguisher still has tons of water in it.

I tried also to use it, to switch off the fire ! I filled the fire extinguisher at the sink and tried to switch off the fire, didn't work. I think you should use the fire blanket to fill it or use it (Otherwise i think it would be a useless item).

just a small bug: i use Hydrocraft on my server. and after crafting and adding duct tape pouches to a big hiking bag i was not able to wear ANY bag on my back. After restarting server everything was working normal (pouched bag is wearable, too) (latest version of PZ and hydrocraft)

Hello Hyrdo, I just have yo say that your mod looks amazing. I havent tried it yet but its downloaded and my firend whos playing PZ with me was like OH HELLL YEAH DUDE CANT WAIT!!!

So Just wanted to say thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into making this mod.

So this was just a message of Apreciation for your hard work and i hope that you will continue to devolp the mod and bring us many new additions.

Thank you for your kinds words. I have a big updated coming this week. So many new crafting recipes, evolved cooking recipes and skill books.

There's only two things I know of in EBO that Hydrocraft also adds masonry trowel and bricks but because Hydrocraft uses a different id they work together perfectly fine

Correct, all tags are unique so there should not be any conflict.

Hello Hydromancerx,

Congratulation to your mod ! I like it :-)  that add so many new items in the game and a change when i scavenge the buildings.

By the way the lack of recipes is a little restrictive , but i hope they add more on the wiki.

I don't know if someone know it but i found three recipes on my part, ill put here to help those who didn't know  :mrgreen:  :

-And the last with the box of clay that can be found in the warehouse and some houses, open it and use the twenty clay to make.

EDIT : Read above a little the subject (of this mod), i learn by this way that the recipes are in the script mod folder ! Thank to the guys who discovered that !

Cordialy,

Twister

1. Some of the rope recipes were removed due to exploiting bugs. Make sure you have the latest version.

2. Bone Saw cannot cut planks like a normal saw.

3. You can look for ore while Foraging or Use a Colander and Dirt Bag to sift the dirt for ore.

4. No pick axe. Sorry.

5. Yes I wish more people would fill in the wiki for new players to see.

Extinguishers (when full) only put out fires not on a player. Fire Blankets only put out fires on a player. Note there is a slight bug that causes a "glow" from fires put out even when there is no fire.

Does the fire blanket work on fire not on yourself?

I have not tried to put others out in multiplayer. I think its only for self use.

i think you need it to fill the extinguisher. 

How to have ores (gold, silver, steel ) in the game ?

1. Yes Fire Extinguishers need to be filled with water to work.

2. I am not sure your question. Yes they are in game. And yes you can make ingots from them.

just a small bug: i use Hydrocraft on my server. and after crafting and adding duct tape pouches to a big hiking bag i was not able to wear ANY bag on my back. After restarting server everything was working normal (pouched bag is wearable, too) (latest version of PZ and hydrocraft)

Very weird. Thanks for reporting. Glad it was resolved on your server.

I've been watching NoMIS' Wayne series of vids for a few weeks now (I was looking for vids exploring the Mall) and as he kept mentioning bits from the Hydrocraft mod, I upgraded to the IWBUMS 32 beta and installed Hydrocraft 2.3 when I saw the announcement about 2.3 coming out - it seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up.

I haven't had as much opportunity to play as I'd like, but I've still managed to put a few hours in each night, and when I discovered jam-making on Saturday I ended up playing til 3.30am so that I could raid half of Muldgraugh for fruit, jars and lemon juice. I'd already set up a kiln and a smelter to play with, and thanks to those lumber crates/lumber stacks, I'm getting much more building done than before. I could love the hydrocraft mod for that alone!

I did spot a few things that I thought were a bit odd, but I'm not sure if I'm simply being dense - or if they're maybe things that've changed with 2.4 coming out, which I'm guessing I'll be downloading tonight...

- I don't seem to be able to make cherry jam, although I did manage to make jam using peaches, apples, watermelons, pineapples, grapes and oranges. I've got a dozen units of cherries, but I just don't seem to get the option to make jam with them. Is that intentional?

- When I squeeze lemons with a bowl in my inventory, I get a bowl of lemon juice. When I use that bowl of lemon juice to make jam, the bowl of lemon juice vanishes - but I don't get the empty bowl back. It's not a huge thing, as I'm down to two lemons but about eight bottles of lemon juice and I do have some spare bowls, but I think it may be a bug?

- Continuing my adventures in recycling everything that isn't nailed down while deforesting swathes of the map (if it's nailed down, I pry the nails out and recycle it anyway) I've been slowly working my way through kitchen items to see what can be recycled. I managed to recycling Baking Pans, but I was a bit surprised that I needed ten to be able to recycle them - that's more than anything else I've tryed recycling, including cutlery, except for needles. Based on the weight of a Baking Pan, ten seems like a lot to have to recycle to get one ingot - would it be possible to drop the number a little?

Having raided lots of fridges across half the town, I've been busily trying to preserve as much of the food as I can. I really like the options that are available, particularly for fruit, but I'm struggling a bit with some of them. I like being able to salt meat using curing salt, and I've found quite a lot of curing salt. What I've not been able to find is regular table salt. I've got the settings for food set for average abundence, but in forty assorted buildings, I've found two salt shakers, three pepper shakers and one shaker of chilli flakes. I managed to make some jerky and dry some tomatoes, but while I'm now wandering increasingly far from home in pursuit of kitchens to raid for salt, salt does seem to be the choke point for playing with some of the preserving options. I'm not particularly familiar with curing salt, but would it be possible to have an option to either break down bags of curing salt into multiple salt shakers, or perhaps add an item representing a bag/tub of table salt (the sort of thing shakers are refilled from) to make salt a little more accessible? I haven't tried making jam with tomatoes yet, but I was wondering if one day chutney-making might be an option, alongside the jam-making?

All in all, I'm really enjoying this mod. I saw the notes about new weapons being available, so I'm stockpiling ingots at the moment ready for being able to build an anvil and then hopefully start smithing. I'm also filling a crate with deodorant sparys, electric toothbrushes, electric razors and hairdryers, in the hopes that one day I'll be able to do electronics-related stuff with them. Well, I also though that 100kg of items stored in crates against all my external walls might help slow invading zombies down a little - wait until I start hiding anvils in cupboards!

@BrokenMnemonic

1. Yay! Thank you and thanks for watching NoMiS's series. He has been a great help to this mod. Always find bugs for me and even having new ideas (ex. Ice Cream Sandwich was his idea)

2. Yes it had pears listed instead of Cherries for the Cherry Jam recipe. It will be fixed for next release. Thanks for reporting!

3. Hmm I will have to look into the bowl disappearing. I thought I solved all the disappearing bowls.

4. Recycling recipes are being constantly tweaked. I may reduce the number of pans. Feel free to post suggestions for more balanced recipes. Note this next update will have more items you can recycle. And even some you can dismantle for electronics scrap.

5. You may have a lot of salt now but as time goes by and your salt the fish or trapped animals you catch, your salt supply will get lower. Also curing salt is not the same as table salt.

6. Possibly chutney-making. Note you can make Kimchi at least. There are limitless recipes I could add. It is just a mater of setting some time aside for more food stuff. For instance I want to get to sausage making at some point. And this last update I added a bunch of new vegetables. So little by little.

7. Things like Anvils, Kilns and Smelters can be used on the floor. In fact its encouraged that you use the main items on the floor.

Glad you enjoy the mod! Let me how if you find any more bugs or have other ideas for the mod. ;)

Thank you for your kinds words. I have a big updated coming this week. So many new crafting recipes, evolved cooking recipes and skill books.

There's only two things I know of in EBO that Hydrocraft also adds masonry trowel and bricks but because Hydrocraft uses a different id they work together perfectly fine

Correct, all tags are unique so there should not be any conflict.

Hello Hydromancerx,

Cordialy,

Twister

1. Some of the rope recipes were removed due to exploiting bugs. Make sure you have the latest version.

2. Bone Saw cannot cut planks like a normal saw.

3. You can look for ore while Foraging or Use a Colander and Dirt Bag to sift the dirt for ore.

4. No pick axe. Sorry.

5. Yes I wish more people would fill in the wiki for new players to see.

Extinguishers (when full) only put out fires not on a player. Fire Blankets only put out fires on a player. Note there is a slight bug that causes a "glow" from fires put out even when there is no fire.

Does the fire blanket work on fire not on yourself?

I have not tried to put others out in multiplayer. I think its only for self use.

i think you need it to fill the extinguisher. 

How to have ores (gold, silver, steel ) in the game ?

1. Yes Fire Extinguishers need to be filled with water to work.

2. I am not sure your question. Yes they are in game. And yes you can make ingots from them.

Very weird. Thanks for reporting. Glad it was resolved on your server.

Thank for answer ! 

One another question : I see that we can have dogs in your mod...How ?

@BrokenMnemonic

1. Yay! Thank you and thanks for watching NoMiS's series. He has been a great help to this mod. Always find bugs for me and even having new ideas (ex. Ice Cream Sandwich was his idea)

2. Yes it had pears listed instead of Cherries for the Cherry Jam recipe. It will be fixed for next release. Thanks for reporting!

3. Hmm I will have to look into the bowl disappearing. I thought I solved all the disappearing bowls.

4. Recycling recipes are being constantly tweaked. I may reduce the number of pans. Feel free to post suggestions for more balanced recipes. Note this next update will have more items you can recycle. And even some you can dismantle for electronics scrap.

5. You may have a lot of salt now but as time goes by and your salt the fish or trapped animals you catch, your salt supply will get lower. Also curing salt is not the same as table salt.

6. Possibly chutney-making. Note you can make Kimchi at least. There are limitless recipes I could add. It is just a mater of setting some time aside for more food stuff. For instance I want to get to sausage making at some point. And this last update I added a bunch of new vegetables. So little by little.

7. Things like Anvils, Kilns and Smelters can be used on the floor. In fact its encouraged that you use the main items on the floor.

Glad you enjoy the mod! Let me how if you find any more bugs or have other ideas for the mod. ;)

1. I watched the ice cream sandwich episode last week! I thought it was hilarious, watching NoMIS raid the ice cream parlour and grumble that he couldn't find ice cream sandwiches. Hopefully Wayne has enough ice cream to keep him going for a while now ;) Assuming he doesn't fall through any more escalators...

Thank you for putting this mod together - there's so much stuff in it that it's mindblowing. I couldn't believe how much stuff I was turning out of cupboards, particularly in kitchens and bathrooms... and the number of new containers in play is great. The downside is that I filled my safehouse pretty quickly and that it takes a lot longer to sort all the stuff I recover from raids, but it really does make PZ feel more immersive - particularly when I'm trying to find ways to use things that may not actually have a use.

2. Marvellous! :D (I'm more of a fan of cherry jam than I am watermelon jam, and it's a long apocalypse... potentially.)

3. I only made three jams with squeezed lemon juice, I think - if I remember correctly, I made grape, peach and orange jam using the bowls of lemon juice, but I may have those wrong as I was pretty tired at the time. The bowls definitely vanished each time, though - I noticed the first time and looked for it with the next two. Although as a Brit, I think orange jam should be renamed marmalade ;) I haven't tried making jam with lemons yet because lemon juice is so useful for other things, and I haven't found a way to grow fruit yet, but I'm hoping that lemon curd may be an option...

4. I'm excited by the idea of dismantling more stuff for electronics scrap, although I haven't managed to make anything yet with the few recipes I've found in sheds. I have noticed that some components like speakers seem to be vanishingly rare, so more opportunities to get components is always a good thing... although I am a little worried I'll end up burning my safehouse down.

The amount of stuff that can be recycled is seriously impressive - I found some bauxite ore when I was digging for clay, which makes me think that aluminium is in-game, although I haven't tried making anything with any of the ingots yet and I haven't found anything I can recycle to get aluminium. I discovered yesterday that I can recycle some glass items as well, which opens up some possibilities, although I'm not sure what I should use to make things out of glass. I'm hoping I can make things like jars, but I haven't found any smithy hammers or glassbowing tubes yet to experiment with. I'm a little worried that I'll need to make coal to do forging work with, as I've only found 2 pieces of coal so far - some items are definitely rarer than others.

5. Ah, I thought curing salt and table salt might be different. Table salt is definitely a pinch point item; in terms of realism, that's probably right as the game goes on, but I'm surprised that regular table salt has been so difficult to find in-game so far. I remember finding quite a lot of it in West Point in previous games, but that was probably because I tended to set up in the town centre, where there were restaurants nearby to raid for it. With supplies of lemons, salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar all being finite, long-term preserving is a pretty limited prospect. Are you looking at adding options for being able to generate any of the preservatives in the long-term? Historically, I know that crops like beets were grown to produce sugar, and that fermentation and distillation could generate vinegar, but I'm not sure if those are things lined up for the game as they may be too much about long-term survival.

6. I'll admit, I thought of chutney-making because that tends to be sugar and vinegar rather than salt (and I have more sugar and vinegar than salt by a long way) but also because it might allow for some more fruits in the game - limes, mangoes and the like. I haven't tried making kimchi yet! That's on the agenda now - is there sauerkraut or borscht as well? I've got no end of cabbages that need eating...

Sausage-making could be a lot of fun. Are you thinking of breakfast sausages, or the cured sausages like salami and chorizo? My safe house is much more of a compound now, and I've put in outbuildings to serve as a forge and a pottery, and I'm building up more in the hopes of putting in a lab and a carpentry workshop, so I'd be more than happy to add a smokehouse ;) Although if you're adding sausage-making, presumably that means being able to make or find sausage skins and ways of making meal or rusk? I know this is probably a cheeky question, but if you're thinking of adding sausages... how would you feel about adding haggis to the mix? I noticed that there aren't any grains in the game that're growable, and while there's rice and flour, cereal crops don't seem to be a part of the game.

7. At the moment, I've got the smelter and the kiln set up as the centerpieces of a pair of outbuildings, although I'm picking each one up to use them - I couldn't work out how to make bricks unless I had the kiln in my inventory. I really like the large-icon items - there's something incredibly satisfying about having crates of lumber dotted around my compound, and a shed with a working smelter in it. I've racked up about 270 hours on PZ so far, but as I like building and crafting things, this mod really has livened the game up for me - I was working on various room/house-building projects before, but this mod makes it much more interesting by making compounds feel much more active and busy. I'd be further along with my building work if I didn't keep getting distracted by finding new recipies and then spending hours looting new buildings looking for new stuff, of course ;)

I found some saltpetre late last night, which opens up some new possibilities, particularly as I've seen NoMIS trying to make ammunition. There's so much to do! And it doesn't feel like makework - I know that zombie attacks are more frequent now, which does liven things up, but there are just so many different things to play with that I can't imagine running out of productive things to do. Although I'm having a bad effect on the local tree population!

- Beets are an interring idea to produce sugar. There are so many cool ideas and just not enough art for them all.

- Sauerkraut was originally cut when merging the CCCP mod because of the base game Jared Cabbage, but I think I might just add it back. I also have to eventually allow for the new vegetables to be jarred too.

- Please post screenshots of your cool base!

dog-topic: at the moment still only decoration or am i missing something? She is just sitting there, refusing food,water and toys :/ 

OM47BTy.png

Sorry Dogs are just decorative. However you can feed them for a boost to happiness and reduction to boredom.

Still having trouble with the fire extinguisher.  It's full, I'm right-clicking on fires and nothing is happening most of the time.  Once in a blue moon it gives me the option to extinguish, but this is extremely rare.