Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hydrocraft v2.3 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Requires Build 32 since it now uses many of the new items in recipes (mostly recycling).

- Redundant items have been removed now that they are part of build 32.

- The Egg Timer can now be used like the Alarm Clock and used to distract zombies.

- Steel Pipes can be cut using the welder into 5 pieces which can be used to make base game Pipe Bombs.

- More Cold Deserts like Popsicles and Ice Cream.

- Boxes  of Leftovers in house fridges.

- Cooler and Ice Box were added as new container. However they do not keep food cool (yet).

- More new art (mainly potted plants).

- Many bug fixes.

Enjoy!

Got a question about upgrading from a previous version to the current one.

I've seen in noted in other posts that you have to leave the "cell" and then come back.

but is this a distance, or a time variable.

Also if upgrading, does it affect stored/looted items, and do i have to re-search already cleaned houses, because new goddies are present.

Currently using the old version before the mod's got the shits and threatened removal of mod, will upgrading invalidate this save?

This is only one so far that a groin munching zed hasn't killed me......yet, so i dont want to have to start fresh if i can help it.

any way LOVE THE MOD 8-)

hello, i have a question do i have to start again after updating the mod to v2.3, because i have an error after loading my saved game, i have the build 32 to and i was playing well in previous versions of the mod 

thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english

I've seen in noted in other posts that you have to leave the "cell" and then come back.

Also if upgrading, does it affect stored/looted items, and do i have to re-search already cleaned houses, because new goddies are present.

Currently using the old version before the mod's got the shits and threatened removal of mod, will upgrading invalidate this save?

This is only one so far that a groin munching zed hasn't killed me......yet, so i dont want to have to start fresh if i can help it.

any way LOVE THE MOD 8-)

Unless you have the setting for loot to respawn then loot will not respawn. To get new Hydrocraft mod loot, you need to go to an unexplored area of the map. IF you have not explored much or a new game this can mean the next block or the building your in (if new). However if you have been all over the map this can mean you need to travel to another city or if you have been everywhere you may just be out of luck.

hello, i have a question do i have to start again after updating the mod to v2.3, because i have an error after loading my saved game, i have the build 32 to and i was playing well in previous versions of the mod 

Hmm, I have been able to upgrade from older save files of the Hydrocraft mod just fine. If you do get an error and have build 32, you may have to just start a new game. Note you should be using Hydrocraft v2.3 if you are using build 32.

any way LOVE THE MOD 8-)

Unless you have the setting for loot to respawn then loot will not respawn. To get new Hydrocraft mod loot, you need to go to an unexplored area of the map. IF you have not explored much or a new game this can mean the next block or the building your in (if new). However if you have been all over the map this can mean you need to travel to another city or if you have been everywhere you may just be out of luck.

Hmm, I have been able to upgrade from older save files of the Hydrocraft mod just fine. If you do get an error and have build 32, you may have to just start a new game. Note you should be using Hydrocraft v2.3 if you are using build 32.

yes i'm using v2.3 with the build 32 and the error was 

Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCAluminumfoilbox" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCDishsoap" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCToiletpaperroll" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCDishsoap" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCToiletpaperroll" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCSoccerball" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCRubberband" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCRubberband" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCHairspray" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCMop" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "Hydrocraft.HCSoccerball" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.

it was in the console.text

-snip-

It might throw an error if an item that existed in scripts in earlier version doesn't exist in newer version of script but you had it in your container\inventory.

I found that if you go to script and add a flag to items OBSOLETE = true (without the , symbol after it and before } symbol) then that item should be removed from containers upon load without breaking stuff (It seemed to for me anyway). It's how I updated my own mod when I removed redundant items

Edit:

-snip-

Just like that :S

-snip-

It might throw an error if an item that existed in scripts in earlier version doesn't exist in newer version of script but you had it in your container\inventory.

I found that if you go to script and add a flag to items OBSOLETE = true (without the , symbol after it and before } symbol) then that item should be removed from containers upon load without breaking stuff (It seemed to for me anyway). It's how I updated my own mod when I removed redundant items

Edit:

-snip-

Just like that :S

hello again :P and thanks for replaying to my issue

so i did what you told me to do but it gived me another error :(

Cannot load "<unknown>" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "m" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.
Cannot load "" item. Make sure all mods used in save are installed.

am i doing something stupid or do i have to restart nearly 1 month of building looting killing zombies and leveling( carpantry 9 :'( )

Well, your save is broken, I was giving a tip to Hydromancerx, you'd need a save with an earlier version of the mod before any errors.

And hell, I'm not even 100% sure about it.

Hydrocraft v2.3 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Requires Build 32 since it now uses many of the new items in recipes (mostly recycling).

- Redundant items have been removed now that they are part of build 32.

- The Egg Timer can now be used like the Alarm Clock and used to distract zombies.

- Steel Pipes can be cut using the welder into 5 pieces which can be used to make base game Pipe Bombs.

- More Cold Deserts like Popsicles and Ice Cream.

- Boxes  of Leftovers in house fridges.

- Cooler and Ice Box were added as new container. However they do not keep food cool (yet).

- More new art (mainly potted plants).

- Many bug fixes.

Enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing how you implement coolers. Are you open to suggestions for features?

am i doing something stupid or do i have to restart nearly 1 month of building looting killing zombies and leveling( carpantry 9 :'( )

Well, your save is broken, I was giving a tip to Hydromancerx, you'd need a save with an earlier version of the mod before any errors.

And hell, I'm not even 100% sure about it.

You should never get too attached to your save :P

https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/619574421644873386/?l=french Might provide some useful ways for you to keep character progress while updating your map. You would lose everything on the map, but keep your hard-earned experience. 

NOTE: I have not tried this personally, but it was the best I could find on preserving character data. Let me know if it works ^-^

https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/619574421644873386/?l=french Might provide some useful ways for you to keep character progress while updating your map. You would lose everything on the map, but keep your hard-earned experience. 

NOTE: I have not tried this personally, but it was the best I could find on preserving character data. Let me know if it works ^-^

I'm assuming it's copying the map_p.bin into a new save file?

I'm assuming it's copying the map_p.bin into a new save file?

From what I could understand from the post, I believe so. Just make sure to back up the entire folder in case it does not work as planned. I have not tried it personally, because real life has been demanding my attention as of late :)

Heyo! Do all the items in the mod serve a purpose or function? I noticed there are a ton of extra bathroom supplies for instance, and are our characters now required to floss daily? I mean, I already do of course, in case any dentists are listening in :unsure:

Gonna give it a shot soon for the Corgi alone :wub:

Heyo! Do all the items in the mod serve a purpose or function? I noticed there are a ton of extra bathroom supplies for instance, and are our characters now required to floss daily? I mean, I already do of course, in case any dentists are listening in :unsure:

Gonna give it a shot soon for the Corgi alone :wub:

Not yet, but I would like to give many more of them a function eventually. For now they are clutter to help make the game feel a little more alive. Note that floss can be made into thread.

Hydrocraft v2.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Cleaning Items

- More Containers

- Musical Items

- More Holiday Items (Halloween themed).

- More Types of Popsicles.

- More Kitchen items.

- Lots of Vegetables

- More Office Items

- More Postal Items

- Pretzel and Cotton Candy.

- More items can be Played with.

- More items can be turned to Compost.

- Removed some weaving recipes that were broken due to infinite rope/thread/twine situations. However rope can still be made into Thick Rope and Floss can still be made into Thread.

- Many bug fixes.

Enjoy!

I would really like to see something like the Extended Building Options mod incorporated in this some day, just came back to Project Zomboid and I would just like to say amazing work with this mod!

Why not just use both?  I have both running just fine together on my game :)

I would really like to see something like the Extended Building Options mod incorporated in this some day, just came back to Project Zomboid and I would just like to say amazing work with this mod!

Why not just use both?  I have both running just fine together on my game :)

The only reason I do not use both is having multiple crafting mods which cover the same base items develops redundancies with the added items. I believe for it to be implemented correctly a lot of the required items for the Extra Building Options need to reference the items from Hydrocraft Mod. Just a personal preference by no means is it required to actually run them together, I believe both mods are amazing and it just seems like a match made in heaven imo :)