Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Corgi2_zps9jnpmdh1.jpg

Hydrocraft v1.9 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Craftable Axes By Tooks - Axe heads can be cut off and made into new axes (Makeshift, Worn and Blunt)

- Random Sprites By Svarog - Recolors the Normal and Large Hiking Bags as well as recolors all of the Skill books.

- Kiln, Smelter, Anvil, Potted Plants, Compost Bin are now bigger and can be used from the floor. Making them almost like a placeable object.

- Wheelbarrow, Toy Wagon, Crate of Lumber, Fish Tank, Wooden Wheel Barrow and some other items are now much larger.

- Added new Potted Plants, which include Pineapple, Pear, Cherry, Zucchini and Avocado.

- More items can be Recycled, including all crafted metal weapons and wax items.

- Molds now have a few uses before they break.

- Added more welding items.

- Hot Glue Gun and Stapler can now be loaded up with Hot Glue Sticks and Staples.

- Lots of bug fixes thanks to the Zomboid community!

- Added Bee Keeping with an upgradable Bee Hive that can be harvested for honeycombs and bees. You can also find a Beekeepers Hat and Bee Smoker.

- Added Corgis!!  :D  I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi myself and had to add one to the game. If you do not think a Corgi would survive in the Zombie Apocalypse please read this or watch this ...

This is pretty damn cool.  Lots of new stuff all over the place :D  Well done, very well done.  I can't imagine how much work's gone into this!!

I'm wondering though, all the random bathroom items, extra clothing and stuff....  don't currently do anything, right?  I mean, you can't equip gloves or hats for example.  I suppose that's a future goal when (...if?) those kinds of items become actually useful?

No you cannot equip the gloves or hats yet. Though in the code it says there is a head slot. Maybe some day. However Work Gloves and Oven Mitts are used as a requirement in recipes. So even if you cannot equip them you can still use them.

As for the bathroom stuff and other items that don't do anything. Besides being sources for recycling, I do plan to give many of them a use. In fact many had no uses before but now do, such as many of the kitchen items now have a use thanks to merging in the CCCP mod that added a ton of cooking recipes.

In short we can only code so much. There are a lot of thing I want to make in future updates, its just a matter of getting around to doing it. I also am curious on what will be the crafting update in build 32. This could change a lot of what I have. I know it will have some items already in the Hydrocraft mod so I will have to remove them to avoid redundancy with the vanilla game. But hopefully new stuff will be possible such as tossing items. The egg timer I have in the Hydrocraft mod would be a good distraction item by throwing it and then having it attract zombies.

doggies_zpsr1gtyd5e.jpg

Here is a preview of the new Dog breeds. Included are Border Collie, Boxer, Collie, Corgi, Doberman, Foxhound, German Shepherd, Heeler, Husky, Labrador, Rottweiler, Shiba Inu and Wolfhound. They were picked due to a mixture of what breeds I thought would survive in a Zombie Apocalypse as well as what art I had available to use.

Note the Shiba Inu was a request from fluffle9911 . And I could not find any Pitbull art, otherwise I would have added it. Ones that I obviously will not add are breeds like the Chihuahua, Poodle, Pekingese, etc.

Some of my reasoning are;

- Are they fast enough to get away from zombies? (note Corgi's are extremely fast since they herd cows and sheep. Do not be fooled by their short legs).

- Can they stay warm in the cold winter? (The Doberman and Boxer are at the edge with their short hair. But I would suspect they could huddle with log hair breeds).

- Can they survive the hot summers. (The Husky and Collie are pushing it on this end but I think they could make it)

- Are they smart enough to avoid zombies? (The herding are definably some of the smartest breeds, especially the Border Collie. As a pack the smarter breeds would be key.)

- Could they hunt small game or even large game in the wild? (Breeds like the Deerhound and the Foxhound are breed to hunt game. I suspect they would do quite well.)

- Could they survive against human survivors? (Breeds like the Rottweiler and German Shepherd would have no problem fighting off Humans if need be. However I suspect some might actually seek out humans who are willing to take them in.)

I would prefer some cats instead of dogs :D

But looking good anyway ;)

I was thinking about cats. On the one hand most breeds would probably do well without people. Since most cats don't need people to survive. Which may mean cats in the Zombie Apocalypse might not even want to go near humans. And those who did probably got caught by zombies. Cats don't need a social pack like dogs do, so while cats I think would survive I am not sure how much they would want to be near humans anymore.

I am sorry but all I could find art for was an English Cocker Spaniel and Japanese Spaniel. I also found this If I edit out the hearts maybe. But dose this look close enough to your English Springer Spaniel?

Honey Combs can't be eaten raw as a non perishable food?

Axe Handles can't be used like bats?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Its not a bad idea about eating the honey comb but I wanted to make sure the player gets both the wax and the honey. As for the  Handle, its more about being a component more than a weapon itself. Plus you can already craft your own homemade bats and clubs.

Is there a list of crafting recipes for this mod?

Look in the scripts folder of the mod. After all the item data in one folder it has recipes in data form

Yeah there are just too many to make a list of. I also tend to tweak them too, so nothing is set in stone yet. If someone wants to try to add them to the wiki that would be useful. I just don't have time to do both.

Here I made 2 pages for you guys to start.

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Crafting

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Items

deer_zpsn7kltrdt.jpg

Hydrocraft v2.0 has been released!

Which includes ...

- 30 New Books

- 13 New Breeds of Dogs

- Dog Bowl, Dog Whistle and Dog Poop.

- You can now feed dogs and get a happy benefit as well as Dog Poop.

- You can search for Stray Dogs by using the Dog Whistle and Binoculars.

- Added Apple Cider, Mason Trowel, Chisel, Typewriter and Hand Dolly.

- The Hand Dolly works like the Wheelbarrow but is lighter but holds less.

- The Smelter now requires 10 Clay and a Mason Trowel in addition to the 20 Bricks it already requires.

- The Great Sword was fixed to require 2 Handed only.

- Arrows and Bolts now can be retrieved from corpses.

- Added Coffin, Tombstone and Grave. You can now bury your loved ones who did not make it.

- Many bug fixes.

- Adds a Male and Female deer you can track down using Binoculars and Deer Poop. You cannot do anything with them yet. However it's planed to be able to kill, skin and butcher them.

Enjoy! :D

Nice additions.

This will obviously conflict with Extended Building Options by SiderisAnon, since there is a masonry trowel in that mod as well and is required for building brick type items.

Also, once skinning the deer becomes available, will it conflict with Fur Clothes by Dudeman325?

Edit: I just read the readme... scratch the last one. I never knew Fur Clothes was included. When was this added? I've been using his mod for quite some time and never had any issues running the 2 mods together.

Edited by RickL

Nice additions.

This will obviously conflict with Extended Building Options by SiderisAnon, since there is a masonry trowel in that mod as well and is required for building brick type items.

Also, once skinning the deer becomes available, will it conflict with Fur Clothes by Dudeman325?

Edit: I just read the readme... scratch the last one. I never knew Fur Clothes was included. When was this added? I've been using his mod for quite some time and never had any issues running the 2 mods together.

1. it should not conflict with the Extended Building mod I use the tag of "HCMasontrowel" so it should not conflict. It just will mean that my trowel will not work for making his stuff and his trowel will not work for making my stuff.

2. The Fur Clothes mod was added at v1.6. And yes since I use different tags they should not conflict. They would just be highly redundant since they do the same thing. Meaning you would get 2 choices to do the same thing.

There are still places to go. Thanks for the info. Very helpful, Such nice

Yeah only unexplored places will spawn new loot. There is not much I can do about this. But its better than having to start a brand new game each update.

Nice additions.

1. it should not conflict with the Extended Building mod I use the tag of "HCMasontrowel" so it should not conflict. It just will mean that my trowel will not work for making his stuff and his trowel will not work for making my stuff.

2. The Fur Clothes mod was added at v1.6. And yes since I use different tags they should not conflict. They would just be highly redundant since they do the same thing. Meaning you would get 2 choices to do the same thing.

There are still places to go. Thanks for the info. Very helpful, Such nice

Yeah only unexplored places will spawn new loot. There is not much I can do about this. But its better than having to start a brand new game each update.

A new game every friday? I guess there's one con to this amazing mod ^^