Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I'd stay only with knives and hatchets personally. Or with machetes instead of daggers. The other ones do not fit into the game for me.

Well these will only be in the game if you choose to craft them. They will not be on the loot table. Player crafted only.

Hi,

Excellent mod. I am planning to use it. But I want bows and arrows which I am using TommyGuns 3 mod for. But I see that you have some of the mod incororated but not bows and xbows.

Would it be problem If I loaded TommyGuns 3 mod with your mod?

Also why did you not add bows and xbows from TommyGuns 3?

Hi,

Excellent mod. I am planning to use it. But I want bows and arrows which I am using TommyGuns 3 mod for. But I see that you have some of the mod incororated but not bows and xbows.

Current version you will have no problem. However next release (should be Friday) I am adding some items from the TommyGuns mod. Right now it will be just melee and some other objects. I do plan to add bow and crossbows later. Possibly a few guns, but not the guns that change the core guns.

In short its compatible until next release. Note I also use my own tags so it still might work after the release so it will be more redundant. Such as 2 of the same Samurai Swords or 2 oi the same Doomsday Prepper Bag.

Note I try to keep my credits and features list updated as I work on stuff. There are no part of his mod in Hydrocraft v1.6 but will be in v1.7.

Hi,

Current version you will have no problem. However next release (should be Friday) I am adding some items from the TommyGuns mod. Right now it will be just melee and some other objects. I do plan to add bow and crossbows later. Possibly a few guns, but not the guns that change the core guns.

In short its compatible until next release. Note I also use my own tags so it still might work after the release so it will be more redundant. Such as 2 of the same Samurai Swords or 2 oi the same Doomsday Prepper Bag.

Note I try to keep my credits and features list updated as I work on stuff. There are no part of his mod in Hydrocraft v1.6 but will be in v1.7.

Thx a bunch for the fast response :D

poster_zpstf7vozi5.png

Hydrocraft is a mod based around crafting and filling in the empty world of zomboid with more stuff. It is inspired by survival crafting games like Haven and Hearth. It is very much a WIP and will be tweaked and added onto. Please try it out and let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions/ideas.

Download

Hydrocraft v1.6

Features

Auto - Adds Hubcap, Air Freshener and Tire Iron.

Axes - Adds Survival Axe, Steel Hatchet, Iron Hatchet, Bronze Hatchet, Copper Hatchet, Steel Battleaxe, Iron Battleaxe, Bronze Battleaxe, Copper Battleaxe,

Basketry - Adds Wicker Basket, Birch Bark Basket and Straw Basket

Bathroom - Adds Floss, Plunger, Hair Gel, Hair Spray, Hair Dryer, Electric Toothbrush, Electric Razor, Roll of Toiletpaper, Cotton Swab, Box of Cotton Swabs, Washcloth, Chapstick, Deodorant Stick, Deodorant Spray, Diaper, Pack of Diapers, Menstrual Pad, Box of Menstrual Pads, Tampon, Box of Tampons and Box of Tissues.

Bats - Adds Crude Bat, Nailed Crude Bat, Crude Bat with Barbed Wire, Crude Bat with Screws, Crude Bat with Tent Pegs, Crude Bat with Wrench, Homemade Bat, Nailed Homemade Bat, Homemade Bat with Barbed Wire, Homemade Bat with Screws, Homemade Bat with Tent Pegs, Homemade Bat with Wrench, Baseball Bat with Barbed Wire, Baseball Bat with Screws, Baseball Bat with Tent Pegs and Baseball Bat with Wrench, Crude Club, Nailed Crude Club, Crude Club with Barbed Wire, Crude Club with Screws, Crude Club with Tent Pegs, Crude Club with Wrench, Homemade Club, Nailed Homemade Club, Homemade Club with Barbed Wire, Homemade Club with Screws, Homemade Club with Tent Pegs, Homemade Club with Wrench, Club and Nailed Club, Club with Barbed Wire, Club with Screws, Club with Tent Pegs and Club with Wrench,

Blades - Adds Machete, Combat Knife, Katana, Steel Knife, Iron Knife, Bronze Knife, Copper Knife, Steel Dagger, Iron Dagger,  Bronze Dagger, Copper Dagger, Steel Short Sword, Iron Short Sword,  Bronze Short Sword, Copper Short Sword, Steel Long Sword, Iron Long Sword,  Bronze Long Sword and Copper Long Sword,

Camping - Adds Compass, Binoculars, Canteen and Jack Knife.

Candle Making - Adds Beeswax and Candleberry Wax.

Carpentry - Adds Wood Block,  Charcoal, Wooden Ring, Wooden Bucket, Churn, Lumber Stack, Crate of Lumber, Wooden Wheel and Wooden Wheelbarrow.

Clothing - Adds Bandanna, Mittens, Ski Mask, Bra, Panties, Boxes and Briefs.

Containers - Adds Large Alice Pack, Medium Alice Pack, Camping Pack, Climbing Pack, Doomsday Prepper Bag, Rucksack, Wheelbarrow, Paper Bag, Paper Lunch Bag, Fanny Packs, Briefcase, Messenger Bag, Satchel, Medical Bag, Medical Box, Golf Bag, Cosmetic Case, Lunch Box, Wooden Tool Box, Metal Tool Box, Metal Box, Fishing Tackle Box, Fishing Basket, Wooden Crate, Cardboard Box, Pillow Case, Pillowcase Backpack,  Improved Backpack, Improved Handbag, Bindle, Shoulder Pole, Duct Tape Pouches, Schoolbag (With Pouches), Duffelbag (With Pouches), Normal Hiking Bag (With Pouches) and Big Hiking Bag (With Pouches) .

Farming - Adds Garden Hose, Pea Pod, Garden Gnome, Rake, Hedge Trimmer and Hedge Cutter.

Fire - Adds Fire Extinguisher and Fire Blanket.

Food (BBQ) - Adds BBQ Steak, BBQ Salmon, BBQ Chicken, BBQ Rat, BBQ Mushroom and Grilled Eggplant.

Food (Breakfast) - Adds UHT Milk, Soy Milk, Fried Egg and Hard Boiled Egg.

Food (Candy) - Adds Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Energy Bar, Trail Mix, Chewing Gumm Candy Corn, Rainbow Chocolate Candy, Rainbow Fruit Candy, Gummy Bears, Gummy Worms, Jellybeans and Taffy.

Food (Canned) - Adds Canned Apples, Canned Pears and Canned Peaches., Canned Green Beans, Canned Mushrooms, Canned Pumpkin, Canned Pineapple, Canned Cranberries, Canned and Canned Spam.

Food (Condiments) - Adds Cooking Oil, Garlic Powder, Soy Sause, BBQ Sauce and Italian Herbs.

Food (Cookies) - Adds Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chip Cookies, White Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanutbutter Cookies, Chocolate Cookies, Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and Fortune Cookie,.

Food (Deli) - Adds Sliced Tomatoes, Slice Onions, Sliced Ham, Sliced Salami, Salami PB&J Sandwich and Jelly Sandwich.

Food (Dried) - Adds Sliced Apples, Sliced Oranges, Bowl of Lemon Juice, Bottle of Lemon Juice, Dried Apples, Dried Oranges, Dried Banana Chips, Dried Peaches, Dried Strawberries, Dried Berries and Dried Tomatoes.

Food (Drinks) - Adds Hot Cuppa for Clay Mugs, Cocoa Powder, Cup of Hot Chocolate, Cup of Black Coffee, Cup of Irish Coffee, Whiskey Bottle (Rationed), Homemade Lemonade, Cherry Soda, Cola Soda, Cream Soda, Dr. Pickins Soda, Ginger Ale Soda, Grape Soda, Grapefruit Soda, Lemon Lime Soda, Pineapple Soda and Root Beer Soda.

Food (Flour) - Adds Bowl of Gruel, Bowl of Sweetened Gruel, Homemade Pancake Batter and Homemade Pancakes.

Food (Fruit) - Adds Pear, Jar with Lid, Jarred Apple, Jarred Orange, Jarred Grapes, Jarred Watermelon, Jarred Peach and Jarred Berries.

Food (Jam) - Adds Jam Starter, Grape Jam, Apple Jam, Orange Jam, Pear Jam, Peach Jam, Watermelon Jam, Pineapple Jam, Cherry Jam, Blueberry Jam, Blackberry Jam and Wild Berry Jam.

Food (Jerky) - Adds Basic Marinade, Tasty Marinade, Simple Homemade Jerky, Tasty Homemade Jerky, Simple Homemade Rodent Jerky and Tasty Homemade Rodent Jerky.

Food (Mexican) - Adds Bottle of Taco Sauce, Bowl of Taco Sauce, Jar of Guacamole, Bowl of Guacamole, Jar of Salsa, Bowl of Salsa, Jar of Nacho Cheese, Bowl of Nacho Cheese, Sour Cream, Bag of Corn Tortillas, Bag of Flour Tortillas, Corn Tortilla, Flour Tortilla, Quesadilla, Burrito, Burrito Grade and ...

Food (MRE) - Adds MRE.

Food (Other) - Adds Herring, Fried Herring and Corn On the Cob.

Food (Pasta) - Adds Dry Pasta, Simple Pasta, Tasty Pasta and Lasagna.

Food (Pickling) - Adds Jar of Pickled Eggs, Bowl of Spicy Paste and Jar of Kimchi.

Food (Pies) - Adds Pie Pan, Pie Crust, Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie, Peach Pie, Pear Pie ad Pumpkin Pie.

Food (Pizza) - Adds Grated Cheese, Bowl of Tomato Sauce, Pizza Dough, Boring Pizza, Simple Pizza, Tasty Pizza, Boring Pizza Slice, Simple Pizza Slice, and Tasty Pizza Slice.

Food (Salt) - Adds Curing Salt, Salted Fish Fillet, Salted Ham, Salted Mutton, Salted Pork, Salted Beef, Salted Rabbit, Salted Salmon, Salted Small Animal Meat and Salted Small Bird Meat.

Food (Soup) - Adds Bag of Rice, Soup Bouillon, Bowl of Plain Rice, Bowl of Fried Rice, Bowl of Rice and Beans, Bowl of Fresh Chili, Bowl of Rice Pudding, Risotto, Bowl of Broth, Bowl of Plain Soup, Bowl of Mushroom Soup and Bowl of Noodle Soup. 

Food (Taters) - Adds Baked Potatoes, Hashbrowns, Potato Pancakes, Plain Mashed Potatoes, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Fries and Bag of Potato Flour.

Foraging - Adds Beetle, Boll Weevil, Ladybug, Dragonfly, Garden Spider, Dragonfly, Caterpillar, Bumblebee, Candleberry, Goose Egg, Grass, Bark, Birch Bark, Pinecone, Fur Cone, Hickory Nuts, Hickory Leaves, Willow Branch, Pine Bough, Fur Bough, White Feathers, Striped Feathers, Blue Jay Feathers, Deer Poop, Cow Poop and Stone Arrowhead.

Gardening - Adds Compost Bin, Compost, Potted Apple Tree, Potted Banana Tree, Potted Blackberry Bush, Potted Blueberry Bush, Potted Grape Vine, Potted Lemon Tree, Potted Orange Tree, Potted Peach Tree, Potted Strawberry Bush, Potted Watermelon, Potted Bell Pepper, Potted Broccoli, Potted Cabbage, Potted Carrots, Potted Corn Stalk, Potted Eggplant, Potted Leek, Potted Lettuce, Potted Onion, Potted Pea Plant, Potted Potato, Potted Pumpkin, Potted Radish, Potted Tomato and Potted Peanut Plant.

Glassworking - Adds Glass Ingot and Iron Blowpipe.

Kitchen - Adds Chopsticks, Whisk, Oven Mitts, Aluminum Foil, Box of Aluminum Foil, Paper Towel, Roll of Paper Towels, Thermos, Cookie Jar, Bottle Opener, Cheese Grater, Egg Beater, Egg Timer, Colander, Sieve, Juicer, Ice Cream Scoop, Ladle, Pizza Cutter, Pizza Stone, Saran Wrap, Table Spoon, Teaspoon, Toaster, Chef Hat, Nutcracker, Potato Peeler, Potato Masher, Spatula, Wooden Spatula, Dish Soap, Zipper Bag, Box of Zipper Bags, Large Tupperware Container, Medium Tupperware Container, Small Tupperware Container, Spork, Steak Knife, Wooden Spoon, Wooden Fork and Meat Cleaver.

Laboratory - Adds Glass Flask, Glass Graduated Cylinder, Glass Test Tube, Bug Jar, Bug Net, Magnifying Glass, Eye Dropper, Protractor, Calculator, Solar Cell, Latex Gloves, Mortar and Pestle, Saltpeter Powder, Bones, and Zombie Bones.

Leather Working - Adds Leather, Blacksmith Apron, Fur, Dried Fur, Fur Coat, Fur Pants, Drying Frame and Wooden Bucket with Tannin.

Lights - Adds Light Bulb, Lava Lamp, Jar of Fireflies, Laser Pointer, Road Flare, Red Glowstick, Green Glowstick, and Blue Glowstick.

Medical - Adds Stethoscope, Head Mirror, Thermometer, Bone Saw, Tongue Depressor and Scalpel.

Metallurgy - Adds Work Gloves, Tongs, Smelter, Copper Ingot, Tin Ingot, Bronze Ingot, Iron Ingot, Steel Ingot, Lead Ingot, Aluminum Ingot, Silver Ingot, Gold Ingot, Anvil, Bullet Casings and Bullet Tips.

Mining - Adds Coal, Grey Clay, Red Clay, Copper Ore, Tin Ore, Iron Ore, Lead Ore, Bauxite Ore, Silver Ore and Gold Ore.

Money - Penny, Nickle, Dime, Quarter, Half Dollar, Dollar, 1 Dollar Bill, 2 Dollar Bill, 5 Dollar Bill, 10 Dollar Bill, 20 Dollar Bill, 50 Dollar Bill, 100 Dollar Bill and Piggy Bank.

Office - Adds Pencil Sharpener, Box of Pencils, Box of Pens, Staples, Box of Staples, Stapler, Post-It Note, Pad of Post-It Notes, Rubber Band and Box of Rubber Bands.

Photography - Adds Camera, Roll of Film and Film Canister.

Polearms - Adds Steel Halberd, Iron Halberd,  Bronze Halberd and Copper Halberd,

Postal - Adds Envelope, Postage Stamp, Sealed Letter and Letter Opener.

Pottery - Adds Kiln, Grey Brick, Red Brick, Ingot Mold, Nail Mold, Anvil Mold, Bullet Casing Mold, Bullet Tip Mold, Clay Pot, Clay Flowerpot, Clay Jar, Clay Pipe, Clay Cauldron, Clay Urn, Clay Teapot and Clay Mug.

Recycling - Adds Plastic, Tincan, Steel Pipe and the ability to recycle metals, glass, cloth, leather, etc.

Tools - Adds Pliers, Auger, Welding Mask, Welding Torch, Backscratcher, Shoehorn, Flyswatter, Feather Duster, Vacuum Cleaner, Shop Vac, Measuring Tape, Bungee Cord, Child Safety Scissors, Hot Glue Gun, Hot Glue Stickm Box of Hot Glue Sticks, Fuel Canister, Nail Clip, Nail Gun, Broom, Mop, Push Broom, Wrench, Monkey Wrench and Cane.

Toys - Adds the ability to play with more objects as well as adds Pacifier, Box of Crayons, Chalk, Chalk Eraser, Vinyl Records, Harmonica, Rubber Ball, Baseball, Softball, Baseball Glove, Wiffle Ball, Golf Ball, Bowling Ball, Bowling Pin, Basketball, Soccer Ball, Football, Volleyball, Tennis Ball, Full Tennis Ball Container, Empty Tennis Ball Container, Balloon, DVD, DVD Case and DVD Player, Toy Car, Toy Train, Toy Airplane, Toy Robot, Frisbee, Tennis Racket, Aluminum Bat and Wiffle Bat.

Umbrella - Suomiboi's Umbrella Mod.

Weaving - Add Cloth, Safety Pin, Sewing Pin, Thimble, Plastic Hanger, Wire Hanger, Wood Hanger, Clothespin and Box of Clothespins.

More features to come! :-D

Credits

Coders - Hydromancerx, Yossitaru, Flamester

Artists - Hydromancerx, WolfeClaw, Batura, ORMtnMan, Rampage132003

Included Parts from the following Mods

- Batura's Icons By Batura (A few icons)

- CCCP By MickyPain (Most of the Mod)

- Endless Sprites By Jatta Pake (A few icons)

- Extra Weapons Mod By tommysticks (Some of the Mod)

- Fire Fighting Mod By Robyrq (Most of the Mod)

- FlourCraft Mod By Dudeman325 (Most of the Mod)

- Fur Clothes Mod By Dudeman325 (Whole Mod)

- Homemade Bats and Clubs by Dudeman325 (Whole Mod)

- Improvised Containers by WolfeClaw (Most of the Mod)

- Meat Curing Mod By ZimTown (Most of the Mod)

- Not Enough Bags By RoboMat (Most of the mod)

- Recycling By Ramibuk (A few icons)

- Umbrella Mod By Suomiboi (Most of the Mod)

Includes Icon Art From

- Haven and Hearth

- Pioneer Trail

Permission

MODS_03.png

It is also probably wise to ask the original authors of any mod included in this mod.

Finally a fire extinguisher.. This will be handy if it puts out fires.. Because its hard to control fires..

All great things, downloading now.

Well what I mean is, is there a crafting recipe list? I have all of this extra junk that I don't know what to do with, and don't know whether they're useful or not. 

Experiment with them to see what can make what. If your dying to know all the secrets you can go in the scripts folder and see for yourself. But half the fun is discovering what you can make. Also just because an object is not useful now doesn't mean it won't be in the next update. I am constantly adding new recipes each update. :)

Well what I mean is, is there a crafting recipe list? I have all of this extra junk that I don't know what to do with, and don't know whether they're useful or not. 

Experiment with them to see what can make what. If your dying to know all the secrets you can go in the scripts folder and see for yourself. But half the fun is discovering what you can make. Also just because an object is not useful now doesn't mean it won't be in the next update. I am constantly adding new recipes each update. :)

I appreciate your diligence! Here's to a long and prosperous game and modding community!

Hydrocraft v1.7 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Extra Weapons Mod By tommysticks - For now some melee and objects. No guns or bows at this time.

- A whole bunch of Mexican Food with art from ORMtnMan!

- A TON of new melee weapons with art from Batura.

- New types of Candy with art from Batura.

- More bags and containers.

- Many bug fixes thanks to the help of the PZ community.

- And special for Easter .... Rabbits! You can breed them and keep them in cages. Enjoy!

rabbitz_zpsykzirxk5.jpg

Small error(s) so far:

Edit:

I'll keep a list here;

Icon     =    HCCampingpack,

image icon should be renamed to match text.

By the way... love the new bags (:

Icon for this is not showing in game. Text and image seem to be correct.

item HCTortillacornbag
{
Weight = 0.5,
Type = Normal,
DisplayName = Bag of Corn Tortillas,
Icon = HCTortillacornbag,
}

Icon for this is not showing in game. Text and image seem to be correct.

item HCCannedrefriedbeans
{
Weight = 0.5,
Type = Normal,
DisplayName = Canned Refried Beans
Icon = HCCannedrefriedbeans,
}

Edited by RickL

Quick question; If i have an existing single player game, will updating the mod give access to the new recipies/crafted items without having to start a new character?

Yes but new items will only appear in places you have not visited yet. Loot distribution loads when you visit new areas, so since this mod adds more loot its will be added in. Thus if you have been a lot of places on your map you may have trouble finding new stuff. For best results new game are ideal, but not required.

@RickL

Thanks for the feedback. You guys are great in find bugs for me. I really do appreciate it. ;)

Bag of Corn and Flour Tortillas has no icon and you cant eat it also refried beans I think its Refried Beans but then again it does say Canned Refried BeansIcon so who knows. Edit Camping Pack has no Icon man so many bugs when ejecting the Nail Gun Clip it spawns a nail gun ammo so when you reload it uses its clip to reload so its clip and all the ammo disappears

New weapons (katana) can appear on zombies, presume these are meant to be craft only (with luck trait)

Access to copper is a major block on performing any smithing (for hammer progression), need to get foraging 6 then to a bunch more foraging to find any ore. All other metals can be obtained via melting of scavenged items. Items that can be smelted into copper igots would be good (IRL electrical wiring would be a simple and abundant source).

Bit of feedback on katana (and a presume other swords); Knockdown chance seem rather high, pretty much every hits knocks zombies down (zomies: strong, tough. Player: normal strength). Might be more balanced and intresting if swords swing fast but have very low knockdown chance <-> axes <-> halaberds swing slow, long reach, high knockdown chance.

Found a Rotten Rabbit (Male) in a cornfield. Are live rabbits meant to rot, paraphs it was a zombie rabbit :)

@Drayath

1. The Katana, Survival Axe, Machete and Combat Knife are not craftable. Thus you can only get them from Zombies or Containers.

2. Have you tried using the Colander sifting dirt? You may have better luck than Foraging.

3. Yes more items that can recycle into copper will be added eventually.

3. Katanas are good but break fast.

4. Yes Axes and Polearms and even other Swords are slower than the Katana.

5. The rabbit must have died. ;) But seriously they will starve (aka rot) just like other food. Look for caged rabbits. They do not starve when in their cages.

Bag of Corn and Flour Tortillas has no icon and you cant eat it also refried beans I think its Refried Beans but then again it does say Canned Refried BeansIcon so who knows. Edit Camping Pack has no Icon man so many bugs when ejecting the Nail Gun Clip it spawns a nail gun ammo so when you reload it uses its clip to reload so its clip and all the ammo disappears

All of those have been fixed now except for the nail gun. We will look into that. Note this is a newly spawned nailgun? Not some old one from previous versions right?

couple things,

my download on my server is the one from april 2nd.

i noticed when salt curing a piece of salmon, the salmon disappeared.

and after placing 5 bags red and 5 bags grey clay in a crate i built, along with an empty fire extinguisher,

9 bags of clay disappeared next time i looked in there

couple things,

and after placing 5 bags red and 5 bags grey clay in a crate i built, along with an empty fire extinguisher,

Do you have loot respawn on your server? If so this may be the cause of missing items in containers. If not I will have to look into it. As for the curing, I think I already fixed this for next update but I will double check. Thanks for reporting.

couple things,

Do you have loot respawn on your server? If so this may be the cause of missing items in containers. If not I will have to look into it. As for the curing, I think I already fixed this for next update but I will double check. Thanks for reporting.

i believe we have loot respawn turned off, actually.

BTW, great mod. now we just need to figure out all the things we can do.

Hydro is there any way you could make the firearm portion of the mod optional or at least show us how to remove it. I'm currently using another mod (Real Guns Mod) and im sure it would conflict with this one.

The only firearms in the mod is the Nailgun. To what are you referring to?

I have not added any firearms from the Extra Weapons Mod By tommysticks the only things added are;

- Survival Axe

- Machete

- Combat Knife

- Katana

- Medium Alice Pack

- Doomsday Prepper's Bag

- Pack of MREs

- Lumber Stack

- Lumber Crate

We also have our own MRE too.

Note all have their own unique tags so even if you had the mod installed too they should not conflict. Just be highly redundant.

Stuff I want to add in the future from the mod are ...

- Gameboy

- Longbow

- Crossbow

- Slingshot

and possibly a Machine Gun. But I have not decided yet on that last one.

We have be having trouble with the Nailgun, which is why I have not been adding any projectile weapons.

On a side note I do want to eventually add the Potato Cannon mod.

Hydro is there any way you could make the firearm portion of the mod optional or at least show us how to remove it. I'm currently using another mod (Real Guns Mod) and im sure it would conflict with this one.

I use this mod along side Real Guns and there is no conflict from what I can tell.