[24/7][Friendly][PvP][Bedford][Deadwood][ChunksRegen][NoWipe]ProjectZomboid@RedditGaming.us

lifesfun

| :: ProjectZomboid@RedditGaming.us :: | Friendly, PvP, Custom towns with no mods!!
Come check out our server! or come check out our steam group. Click Here 
We have mumble you can for any game as well!

| :: ProjectZomboid@RedditGaming.us :: | 
-- @ 
192.99.44.211 Port 16261 
-- PvP, 4 Hour Loot spawn, 8 hour zombie spawn, 1x zombie spawn multiplier, Friendly, NoWipe
-- Two Custom Towns Dreadwood and Bedfront with no mods! 
-- We can regen any area to its previous state. If you lose your house or find a burnt building, 
-- just find the coordinates at PZ Map.
-- No Burning Buildings, No obscene trolling to other players

No no need to download the maps :D Actually, if you do you will need to deactivate them to be able to join :P I wrote some linux scripts to import map files and we are running the stable branch, which is 29.4.

See you around and if you have any problems or want some custom buildings imported let me know on the reddit or the steam forums.

We opened the server with the goal of trying to keep persistent worlds, meaning we never wipe. We are also doing this with our new server in 7 days to die as well :D

Hope to see you there! 

Good luck surviving,

lifesfun

I'm getting errors on this server pretty frequently where I am jolted out of the game to click "ok" on a notice that says

"Cannot load <unknown> item, make sure all mods used in the save are loaded.

Nevermind, this games still seems unplayable on multiplayer. I had a ping of about 121ms, Looked in about 3 houses, had to click ok and reopen the window a few times and then the map stopped loading in (Huge black abyss). Not to mention other players seldom communicate with you.

Depends on the time of day for players. I will look into the error for you.

Update: So from what i can tell I think the error is ram memory related. How much do you have on your computer?

The other problem that I have noticed is that hard disk speed matters  alot. The game seems to write lots of files to the harddisk and gets bottlenecked there.

If not that then it could be server related, and I am always monitoring it to try and optimize it better.

I will keep an eye out.

Edited by lifesfun

Depends on the time of day for players. I will look into the error for you.

Update: So from what i can tell I think the error is ram memory related. How much do you have on your computer?

The other problem that I have noticed is that hard disk speed matters  alot. The game seems to write lots of files to the harddisk and gets bottlenecked there.

If not that then it could be server related, and I am always monitoring it to try and optimize it better.

I will keep an eye out.

Hey,

I have 8GB running on 64bit system. 1TB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache Sata HDD, 3.0Gb/s, perhaps not the best spec HDD but I would imagine fast enough to keep up with whatever data the game is writing seeing as the saved Data from the server is only 6.61mb at the moment.

Thanks for getting back to me anyway, thought I would give you a heads up. If I figure out a fix I will let you know.

Hey there, Problem seems to be fixed. Although I had a vanilla install I deleted out my user/zomboid/ file and reconnected and everything seems fine so far. It must have created itself an error while I was on the server.

well that is good to know that works for a fix.

If you have more trouble I found that even with fast hd fragmentation can really creep up on you even if your system says not fragmented. For instance, I was getting 4mbps random/write  speed so I decided to reorganize my data in different partitions and defrag all of my data with defraggler and iobit smart defrag and I kow get 100mbps. 

This helps a lot for project zomboid makes many calls on your hd map files. So until optimized hard disk performance really matters. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...