Walking the lonely streets

JJStorm

Since when are you drawing? Digitally as well as on paper.

I would assume not too long? I like the idea a lot.

You could work on your perspective a bit. Having the focus right in the middle is kind of a weird way of composition in this image.

The thick black lines are a bit distracting. They're catching the attention that should be on the city in the background.

Not sure what style you're going for but the whole image would improve a lot if your image had a clear lightsource and if the drawn lines and shadows would ressemble that as well as the perspective. The lines are all of the same thickness, even though the perspective would suggest that they would become thinner when going towards the horizon.

The sun is going down (I assume) and there are no other visible lights. The pillars don't seem to have a shadow but the shadow of the person is way too sharp and clear, considering where the light would have to be to throw a shadow like that.

The shadow of the person is also odd, since it doesn't reflect the stance of the body (e.g. right arm in front of the body).

You're off for a good start, here, though (this is me assuming that you just started drawing or aren't familiar with some very basics), so I hope this doesn't seem offensive. Important is that you're having fun doing it

No not offensive at all just really good constructive criticism. Thank you and I will look at the shadows and change them. But for my first big project like this I think its really good and I have learnt a lot while making it. Yes Im not that experienced in drawing and I have more control on digital art and if i f-up on paper then its harder to wipe it and start again. Im better at digital than free hand drawing. also i dont have a graphics pad yet so im only using my mouse, thats really hard to do :)

EDIT: I think its fine in my opinion but I do see that there are no shadows and I need to think about the light source and perspective but hey pretty good right?

I have learnt a lot while making it

That's the important part :)

May I suggest a really good site to get you started on digital paint? 

Matt Kohr has a site called CTRLPAINT.com and put up a whole bunch of videos that will help you a metric fuckton getting started. It may refer to a lot that requires a pressure sensitive graphic tablet but the basics will still help you out and there are always work-arounds for pressure-sensitivity.

Check it out here: http://ctrlpaint.com/library/

All of those are free but he offers more indepth-videos for a small price, too (well worth it for beginners).

I know a hell of a lot about photoshop and how to use it and all the special adjustments and filter but i do think it would be good to check out this website. looks good, I will defiantly try it out and learn. also im saving up for a graphics pad. a really good one, probably a4 size which costs like £200 so yeah. alot of money :D

4chan (more like /ic/) has set up some pretty good guides.

Check out these two sites from their sticky:

Guides and References: http://www.squidoo.com/w-ic-i

Beginner's Guide: http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-draw-learn

They also cover some tablet talk in the references ;)

A tablet can be really really helpful but it's you who makes good drawings. Not the tablet.

If you can, get a hold of an Intuos tablet. You won't need an Intuos 5...3 or 4 will do it and I'm sure you can grab one of those for 200 GBP. Maybe even check Amazon's warehousedeals as they usually offer 2 years of warranty for them, still.

If you can, get a hold of an Intuos tablet. You won't need an Intuos 5...3 or 4 will do it and I'm sure you can grab one of those for 200 GBP. Maybe even check Amazon's warehousedeals as they usually offer 2 years of warranty for them, still.

Anything from Wacom works well. If your after a cheap tablet, go for a Wacom Bamboo.... Personally though I put off buying one until I could afford an Intuos 5 but for all the extra features, a Bamboo would do the job just as well....

As for the drawing, I am acutely aware of the fact I am looking at mechanical geometric shapes which would be fine if you were going for an abstract piece but the level of detail suggests otherwise. Put some time into learning shading/lighting so you can remove the thick black "strokes" & let the shading define your shapes. Like nasKo said, the perspective lines look strange, not because they are wrong but because they don't exist that way in reality. Use the Line tool to set up guidelines for perspective then do your actual drawing on a different layer for a more organic look. Again, shading could help draw attention away from the inorganic feel of the perspective.

Good first attempt :) 

http://excentricreation.deviantart.com/

yes i see what your saying, its just really hard to do shading and strait lines with a mouse. also i dont have a desk, i was working on this while i was on the couch and my mouse was on the arm rest so i didnt have much space to work with :)

But thatnks anyway for the constructive feed back and tips :)

"i was working on this while i was on the couch and my mouse was on the arm rest so i didnt have much space to work with :)

But thatnks anyway for the constructive feed back and tips :)"

Well I know how you feel but you get use to it after some practice. I might not have photoshop or anything like it besides gimp but my work turns out ok I guess... :???:  :-)

yes i see what your saying, its just really hard to do shading and strait lines with a mouse. also i dont have a desk, i was working on this while i was on the couch and my mouse was on the arm rest so i didnt have much space to work with :)

But thatnks anyway for the constructive feed back and tips :)

I do all my work on the couch too, Its important to be comfortable.... Put a graphics Tablet on your list of priorities, once you get used to it, it will make things a lot easier.

Its all hand-eye co-ordination, I've seen people do utterly amazing work, from scratch, with a mouse but I doubt I will ever be good enough with one to do that.

ok!??! THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! has to be magnificent, amazing. ok is not good enough, by my standards :P

Well for example I'm still working on this :

pz_wallpaper_by_zedhead1997-d6jqwin.jpg

Sorry for the size I tried shrinking it down but it didn't work...

I obviously cant live up to your standards since I can't afford photoshop.

hmmm.... it looks squished :blink:

I like the extra detail in the blood & sinew but his face looks unusually long..... has he been chasing parked cars? :P  

image couldn't fit in the comment box so that's why hes weird looking. I tried shrinking the size so it just went goofy on me, fixed now. :P

I love what you have done with the blood and the differentf shades of red, but isnt that a picture from the internet and all you did was add the blood splatter and project zomboid? (the effect on the blood is amazing! i want it now!) :D

I love what you have done with the blood and the differentf shades of red, but isnt that a picture from the internet and all you did was add the blood splatter and project zomboid? (the effect on the blood is amazing! i want it now!) :D

I looked at a pic and tried to copy the face shape the best I could on paper but I'm no good at drawing faces so I cut the jaw off simple as that. I don't do half assed work like copying images off the internet and pasting them, I go full out with my work and try my best to draw them for real. That's why the teeth on the zombie are a bit odd looking since I'm not too good at drawing people and I freehanded it. I'll take a pic of the pencil drawing later when I have the time. As for the blood splat I did infact copy that image since I'm not good at splats unless you give me a paint brush. As for the PZ logo well I took it from the game files and placed it in gimp :oops: . The face was a pic from the web but I did draw it freehand, otherwise it would've never turned out correctly with the blends I used. All in all I can see how it looks in your point of view but I assure you I put work into my art.  :-)  ;-)

Oh and the pic I looked off of is in this link here.

(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8d8a7HH-uKE/TXTa-G3hAJI/AAAAAAAAInk/w16wzyxkIDk/s1600/Blood-Wallpapers-15%2B%2528darkwallz.blogspot.com%2529.jpg)

Blood splat is here in this link.

(http://www.the-way.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/splat.png)

I understand that it began with a joke, but don't let this turn into an ego match.....

Agreed.

The last thing I want is bickering over art, after all this is for PZ. :-D I did enjoy his attempt at Fan Art though. I hope he improves and posts more, I know I will. :-)  ;-)