Walking the lonely streets

JJStorm

oh..... I thought the teeth were intentional & good job on the sinew anyways :)

At least you owned up to it, you might want to put that in your DA description in case someone notices & you get in trouble for it

Well technically I did draw the darn thing but I suppose I should add that. Either way I don't feel guilty for it because I did infact draw it first as I always do. That and I had to redo it in gimp all freehand so that took a few hours or so. :roll:  :-)

oh..... I thought the teeth were intentional & good job on the sinew anyways :)

At least you owned up to it, you might want to put that in your DA description in case someone notices & you get in trouble for it

Well technically I did draw the darn thing but I suppose I should add that. Either way I don't feel guilty for it because I did infact draw it first as I always do. That and I had to redo it in gimp all freehand so that took a few hours or so. :roll:  :-)

Copying (note that I'm not saying tracing) can be a good way of learning techniques, just be careful that people don't think your passing it off as your own work & know that not everyone will be so kind as to judge your technique rather than your idea (or not your, as the case may be)

hey man! yeah sorry if that came off in a dick kind of way, I wasnt trying to hate on your work or anything. I really do like the wallpaper its really professional and i love it! :)

I didn't think you were acting like that to be honest, I just thought you were questioning my work like a lot of people do and its fine. I like the fact how people think I pasted it because that just shows how close they look from me doing it freehand. You can see some major shape differences if you compare the two thus showing I did do this by hand/mouse. :-D I don't take offense to you questioning me I see it as a challenge so I explained myself. ;-)  :evil:

Copying (note that I'm not saying tracing) can be a good way of learning techniques, just be careful that people don't think your passing it off as your own work & know that not everyone will be so kind as to judge your technique rather than your idea (or not your, as the case may be)

I'll just deal with it as always I suppose. Its not a big deal as to what those people think as long as I think it turned out the way I see fit. :-) That and I did recreate the whole picture and it looks a lot better in my point of view. I'll simply ignore those who criticize me on my work in some cases. :???:

I'll just deal with it as always I suppose. Its not a big deal as to what those people think as long as I think it turned out the way I see fit. :-) That and I did recreate the whole picture and it looks a lot better in my point of view. I'll simply ignore those who criticize me on my work in some cases. :???:

Next time try doing a Google image search for a photo of someone in the pose that you want, then use that as a reference for your own drawing with your own details.... that way you have an original drawing, while still being able to "copy" the perspective, proportions etc. Even the most talented people need to use reference photo's from time to time

Next time try doing a Google image search for a photo of someone in the pose that you want, then use that as a reference for your own drawing with your own details.... that way you have an original drawing, while still being able to "copy" the perspective, proportions etc. Even the most talented people need to use reference photo's from time to time

Agreed. you are so right thats what i did dor this actually and it worked out well coz its still an origonal picture but i referenced it :)

• 2 months later...