Dirty Clothes on Zombies

The Mighty Gerbil

I like your recent medical editions in build 30. I have more dangers to watch out for and finally a reason to loot bathrooms and medical places (which before was largely a waste of time). I did still notice a glaring omission though. Although bandages get dirty and need to be changed I can still use any zombie's clothes to make bandages. It stands to reason a zombie's clothing would be among the worse things you can make bandages out of. I suggest adding a dirty state to clothing and flagging all zombies as automatically having dirty clothes. Dirty clothing would produce dirty rags and like rags you could clean clothes with water. Some clothing you find could be randomly dirty too, perhaps the stuff in garbage cans or washing machines?

If you wanted to get complex you could make your clothes get dirty over time or dirty from fights but I think it's unnecessary, not worth the work and possibly a bit too "The Sims". A binary flag would be sufficient rather than a timer on how long you can use clothes. Getting worn out would probably be better use for a timer than dirty anyway as there is little reason to look for clothes now.

Anyway It's just really weird to make safe bandages from disease ridden zombie clothes. Adding any more depth would be a bonus but it's not important.

Yes, I agree.

I also beleive that clothes from zombies in general shouldnt be worn unless they can be cleaned.

In addition, I feel that clothing in general needs to 'wear-out' through usage

There is a lot of things that could be improved with clothing in general I guess, but I imagine that adding stats and additional functions to items as common as clothing may pose a performance issue.

Well depending on what type o zombies because in some if they are dead then they crap themselves as they die. If they are alive but being controlled by a virus or something then yes. Most likely in any sense since if they ate humans and meat for a long point and couldn't excrete it then they would be full or unable to eat anymore without some sort of excretion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well depending on what type o zombies because in some if they are dead then they crap themselves as they die. If they are alive but being controlled by a virus or something then yes. Most likely in any sense since if they ate humans and meat for a long point and couldn't excrete it then they would be full or unable to eat anymore without some sort of excretion. 

The meat collects in the intestine and colon over time until it is forced out by pressure. So in terms they do, but it isn't poop that comes out, just wet meat.

The meat collects in the intestine and colon over time until it is forced out by pressure. So in terms they do, but it isn't poop that comes out, just wet meat.

Disgusting... but some how interesting. Well they would still be dirty and it is a type of excretion never the less. 

Loving this idea. But I suggest cleaning these dirty rags with disinfectant, or bleach. I don't think water and soap would get rid of the zombie infection so easily, or.. y'know, protect you from the common cold at least. The above would make getting clean rags more difficult, and realistically acheivable, giving more purpose to bleach and medical supplies.