Craft Helper 1.1.1

peanuts

Had some issues aswell for loading the mod. It would show it in the modlist, but when activating and rebooting the game, it would be turned off again. When checking the loaded.txt in the mod folder, it would say the path to file instead of the id. So in the mod.info file of Crafthelper I put the line id=Crafthelper and wrote in the loaded.txt. Crafthelper, it is now turned on and working. Good fun with this mod :)

Had some issues aswell for loading the mod. It would show it in the modlist, but when activating and rebooting the game, it would be turned off again. When checking the loaded.txt in the mod folder, it would say the path to file instead of the id. So in the mod.info file of Crafthelper I put the line id=Crafthelper and wrote in the loaded.txt. Crafthelper, it is now turned on and working. Good fun with this mod :)

Interesting, mine shows in the mod loader like yours and does the exact same thing, activates then deactivates when rebooting the game. Mine also shows the path in loaded.txt but whenever i change it and save it and relaunch the game it goes back to the path instead of the name i set for it in the mod.info and loaded.txt.. No clue wtf is happening.

Edit 1: the mod.info folder doesn't actually have an ID= line.. I think somethings gone wrong.

Edit 2: fixed it, like i said the mod.info folder hasn't actually got the ID= line resulting in it not loading properly. Fixed it by simply adding

id=CraftHelper

into the mod.info folder of the CraftHelper folder and adding CraftHelper in the loaded.txt

Edit 3: Re-read Harmos' post and it basically said what i said but i didn't quite understand what he said.

Listen to these kind chaps.

Just tried it.

It works.

Very useful mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Until yesterday, I had this working with build 25 and 26, then something happened and it broke again in mega explosive fashion!

it is either due to a game update, or one of 2 new mods i added I think, as I cannot think of anything else I have done recently.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, come to one of the v25 update threads and we can share the latest news.

Until yesterday, I had this working with build 25 and 26, then something happened and it broke again in mega explosive fashion!

it is either due to a game update, or one of 2 new mods i added I think, as I cannot think of anything else I have done recently.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, come to one of the v25 update threads and we can share the latest news.

For it to work correctly on B26 you just need to fix the directory paths.

Reuploaded updated version of Craft Helper by Peanuts.

Changes:

-changed icon files names to Item_HBook.png and Item_HBookGrey.png - name Item_Book.png was causing issues. 

-modified recipesBook.lua file - now loads corectly those icons.

Working with version .19

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kd3410a4xn9c63p/CraftHelper.zip

All credit goes to Peanuts.

Interesting, mine shows in the mod loader like yours and does the exact same thing, activates then deactivates when rebooting the game. Mine also shows the path in loaded.txt but whenever i change it and save it and relaunch the game it goes back to the path instead of the name i set for it in the mod.info and loaded.txt.. No clue wtf is happening.

Edit 1: the mod.info folder doesn't actually have an ID= line.. I think somethings gone wrong.

Edit 2: fixed it, like i said the mod.info folder hasn't actually got the ID= line resulting in it not loading properly. Fixed it by simply adding

id=CraftHelper

into the mod.info folder of the CraftHelper folder and adding CraftHelper in the loaded.txt

Edit 3: Re-read Harmos' post and it basically said what i said but i didn't quite understand what he said.

Changing the book names to the ones suggested, and putting a copy of them into the steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/ui/ folder is what got it working for me on B26. As well as making sure id=CraftHelper was in the mod.info and that it was staying checked in the Mods menu in-game.

yeah, that got the icons working for me at one point too. (Not the Item_ bit but just putting them in the game folder.)

The way I have it now is that I put the to book images inside the mods folder in my case inside the combo folder(name of mod) but outside of the media folder, so in your modname folder you have media folder + 2 book images and the 'mod' loader id document thingy.

So you can have it working without having to mess with the core files of PZ (which is always I think a plus when it comes to mods)

I am now going to see if this is what breaks my CHelp though, if it is the button itself that is causing it to go screwy, as this discovery was fairly recent now that I think about it..

I would be interested to know if anyone else tries it my way and their version goes screwy too!

This issue doesn't seem to affect Necroforge though, as none of it's icons has anItem prefix, and it is still fine for me...

EDIT:

So I just checked if it was the icon placement that was the issue and it wasn't, so the statement about being able to put the icons in the mods area should be 100% legit.

The entry in the recipeBook.lua just needs to look like this: (line 14)

recipesBook.init = function(player)

recipesBook.iconActive = getTexture("book.png");
    recipesBook.iconInactive = getTexture("book_grey.png");

• 1 month later...

For anyone who is interested, this still works with build 27#1

it is only the book icon that needs to be fixed like this:

The entry in the recipeBook.lua just needs to look like this: (line 14)

recipesBook.init = function(player)

recipesBook.iconActive = getTexture("book.png");
    recipesBook.iconInactive = getTexture("book_grey.png");

and move the book icons to 'outside' of the media folder.

So as soon as you open the crafthelper folder you see the two book.png's

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...