Craft Helper 1.1.1

peanuts

Get bored of pausing game to see if an item is a component of a recipe on your favorite pz wiki site ? This mod is for you. This mod will help you to learn the recipes of Project Zomboid.

SCREENSHOTS

1rt8.jpg

HOW TO USE IT:

CraftHelper offers two ways to learn recipes:

• See all recipes where an item is used
  • See directly the complete list of recipes

All you have to do is :

• Open your inventoryRight click on an item. If the item is used in or more recipes, the "craft helper" option will appear in the contextual menu
  • Click on the "craft helper" option to see all the recipes where the item is used.
  • Move the mouse over a recipe to see its composition in tooltip box

Or

• Click on the new available button (to the left of screen, under character info button) to open a window where all recipes (sorted by name) are displayed. Like above, when your mouse is over a recipe, its composition will appear in a tooltip box.

NEW

In recipes list, recipes shown in green can be crafted.

In tooltip box (recipes composition), you'll see [+], [~] or [-] before items name.

[+] : means that you actually have this item in your inventory

[~] : means that you actually have this item in your inventory but not enough to craft recipe

[-] : means that you don't have this item in you inventory

FOR MODDERS

Modders, you can hide your recipes from craft helper.

You'll need to create a module for your recipes.

module My_Mod{    recipe Make Foobar Recipe    {        foo=10,        bar,		        Result: Foobar,	Time:80.0,    }} 

Then, you have to put this line in your code:

if craftHelper ~= nil then	craftHelper.skipModules['My_Mod'] = true;end

HOW TO INSTALL THIS MOD:

• Just extract the media folder and put it in your Project Zomboid game directory

LINKS

Available on :

CHANGELOG

• v1.1.1 : compatible with new mods loading system of PZ 2.9.9.17
  • v1.1 : Show recipes you can craft with what you actually have in your inventory. For each recipes, show in tooltip box what items or not you have in your inventory.
    For modders, possibility to hide your recipes in Craft Helper (filter by items module name)
  • v1.0.3 : Craft Helper window's background is now opaque (transparent background can make reading difficult recipes when multiple windows are open
  • v1.0.2 : Now that the new PZ version (v2.9.9.10) is released on Desura, hotfix is included in v1.0.2 archive
  • Hotfix : Makes CraftHelper compatible with PZ v2.9.9 (forum test release)
  • v1.0.1 : Now works on Linux
  • v1.0 : Initial release

• 2 weeks later...

Most useful mod I've used so far. I like how recipes light green if you have all the ingredients ready, brilliant.

Totally agreed. It prevents switching windows to PZ-Wiki for recipes and the best thing + reason why it should be standart is that you will have a better gameflow after insatlling it.

I can't get this mod to work with Better Menus (V4): http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1394-better-menus-mod-v4/

If I activate both in the same game, clicking on the book icon or right clicking on an item then "show recipe" does nothing. I'm using 2.9.9.17 on Steam, and the version 1.1.1 of your mod.

The mod works fine without Better Menus though.

I can't get this mod to work with Better Menus (V4): http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1394-better-menus-mod-v4/

If I activate both in the same game, clicking on the book icon or right clicking on an item then "show recipe" does nothing. I'm using 2.9.9.17 on Steam, and the version 1.1.1 of your mod.

The mod works fine without Better Menus though.

That's probably because both of them change the lua menu scripts.

Remember the old bug in earlier builds when you walk to certain place and have some symbols and numbers "flood" the screen from top right heading to bottom left?

That's exactly what seemed to happen to me when I had clicked the "book" menu and had it opened. It happens while I stood still, but sometimes in moving state too. Can't take screens as I've moved on .17 and aren't planning to add any mods just yet.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I tried on the actual Steam PZ version and all is ok for me. Can you check your [steam folder]\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods\CraftHelper\media\ui folder and be sure that book.png and book_grey.png are here ? If not, get them from the CraftHelper archive and put them in this folder.

Also, try to click on where the icon is supposed to be and the window will show. It will confirm that 2 png are missing.

Hope this will help you.

Hi,

I tried on the actual Steam PZ version and all is ok for me. Can you check your [steam folder]\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods\CraftHelper\media\ui folder and be sure that book.png and book_grey.png are here ? If not, get them from the CraftHelper archive and put them in this folder.

Also, try to click on where the icon is supposed to be and the window will show. It will confirm that 2 png are missing.

Hope this will help you.

Hey thx for the reply,

I had the mod folder located in the following path - C:\Users\007\Zomboid\mods the reason being is that when i place any mods in \SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods the mod menu appears empty (see picture below).

fIufMUi.jpg

When i move them back to C:\Users\007\Zomboid\mods the mod will show in the game mod menu and load / work except the book.png is not showing on the left hand side under the character icon, i checked the folder for those 2 .png files and both are there.

Also you will see that the screenshot has the game telling the client that "Double click to toggle. Requires restart of Project Zombie to take effect. (put your mods in C:\Users\007\Zomboid\mods\)" which is the reason i placed them there not in the \SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods location to begin with.

ty

EDIT: I just checked, when i click on the empty space where the book,png icon is supposed to appear, the recipes book menu opens. The odd thing is that the book.png is in the ui folder along with the book_grey.png and i can open them up with MS paint for eg and or view their thumbnails with no issues, except in game the recipes book icon is not showing

EDIT #2: When i checked the output.log file found in \SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid it does show the following lines -

Loading: /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/lua/crafthelper.lua

Loading: /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/lua/UI/craftHelperMenu.lua

Loading: /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/lua/UI/craftHelperToolTip.lua

Loading: /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/lua/UI/craftHelperWindow.lua

Loading: /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/lua/UI/recipesBook.lua

Loading: /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/lua/UI/scrollingRecipesListBox.lua

I noticed it is not saying Loading: /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/ui/book.png and or /C:/Users/007/Zomboid/mods/CraftHelper/media/ui/book_grey.png, wether or not it is meant to normally i don't know i jsut added this incase it is relevant.

Got some of exceptions while launching with CraftHelp mod after update the game in the Steam:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at zombie.ZomboidFileSystem.searchForModInfo(ZomboidFileSystem.java:103)

at zombie.ZomboidFileSystem.searchForModInfo(ZomboidFileSystem.java:86)
        at zombie.ZomboidFileSystem.searchForModInfo(ZomboidFileSystem.java:86)
        at zombie.gameStates.ChooseGameInfo.getModDetails(ChooseGameInfo.java:56
)
        at zombie.gameStates.ChooseGameInfo.getModDetails(ChooseGameInfo.java:42
)
        at zombie.ZomboidFileSystem.loadMods(ZomboidFileSystem.java:150)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:904)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:112)
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed