Dry Towels v7.0

valrix

Figured out that it occurs in any container recognized as an oven. A pot of dirty water can be placed inside and then removed to give another full pot of water. The new pot of water has the option to "pour on ground" which results in a drainable full pot of dirty water. This can be done an infinite amount of times, resulting in an infinite water/cooking pot exploit. This also applies to microwaves, but doesn't apply when using a clean pot of water.

Yikes, I have a feeling I know what the problem is. Thanks for testing it out so thoroughly, I'll try to patch this today.

Its not working for me and i dont know why. My game freezes when i activate it ;_;

It freezes when you check it in the mods list? That sounds like a problem with the game to me.

• 3 weeks later...
v6.3 Update:

- Migrated dirty water to native tainted water. (Drastically reduced size, ~724 KB!)

- Added TinyAVC support.

- Removed purification by bleach.

NOTICE: This update requires Build 31+ as it now uses in-game tainted water over my workaround.

I've decided to remove bleach as a purification method for a couple reasons:

1. I concede that a strong chemical like bleach is dangerous in even small amounts and can be deadly when mishandled. Better safe than sorry.
  2. With the amount of water that can be harvested in a single rainfall being pretty large (I've gotten over a Pot filled in one rain), reducing the number of ways to clean it increases the difficulty to keep the game balanced.

i had the issue on 31.4 that i wasn't able to remove any items from containers when i had your mod activated. Maybe you'll have a look on that :) thx

How odd, I just tested it and had no problems taking items or moving them between containers. Are you getting any errors in the console.log?

i had the issue on 31.4 that i wasn't able to remove any items from containers when i had your mod activated. Maybe you'll have a look on that :) thx

I had the same problem a couple of times in 31.4 so far, but without any mods in it... I gess it`s a game issue... by the away, it seemed a little bit ramdom to me... Like, I visited this house one day, and couldn`t take anything from its kitchen... the other day I went there again and managed to move item from the containers. Also, the day the container were "freezed" I could check the containers in other places... (the bathroom, for example).

• 2 weeks later...

v6.3 testing in Build 31.10

I can't loot ANYTHING from ANYWHERE when I run this mod. And yes, I've tested all of my mods one by one, and it only happens with this one. As in, no looting with just this mod running. 

My guess: your mod might have a clash going on with the base game due to this mod having it's own files on cleaning dirty water when we have it in base Build 31. Please look into it.

I also get this on my game cmd.exe...

ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find dryTowels.Purifier

v6.3 testing in Build 31.10

I can't loot ANYTHING from ANYWHERE when I run this mod. And yes, I've tested all of my mods one by one, and it only happens with this one. As in, no looting with just this mod running. 

My guess: your mod might have a clash going on with the base game due to this mod having it's own files on cleaning dirty water when we have it in base Build 31. Please look into it.

I also get this on my game cmd.exe...

ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find dryTowels.Purifier

v6.3 doesn't reference Purifier anymore, so you may have some lingering files from an earlier version. I tested the download link and the files all check out fine as well. Here's the direct link to v6.3 in case the server was giving you the wrong version: dryTowels_v63.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/21/2016 at 8:34 PM, HelmetHawk said:

All towels in my game disappeared, can't find any anywhere after installing this mod, still gone after uninstalling. 

Hmm, the way items are distributed may have changed recently. I haven't been around lately to do updates, but if I find time I can try to get this working again.