More Player Actions

F-Dog

Hello Everyone 

What I'd really like to see in PZ is:

• Crouch (Pop up and down behind cover to shoot

• Prone (Crawl along side a fence to avoid unwanted line of sight from hostiles)

• Sit  (Use sofa's / chairs or just sit on the ground)

• Hide (Hide inside a cupboard or large bins etc to avoid hostiles with a risk of getting caught)

• Climb (A skill that could be improved to climb fences / or gutters on houses etc)Jump (Jump over Crawlers, fire etc)

• Swim (Go in the sea, a river or perhaps a swimming pool?)

• Emotes (Interactive emotes such as Wave, Distress signal, pointing, laughing, dancing)

• Go to Toilet (If anyone has watched Zombie Land you'll know that finding a safe place to go toilet is one of the most dangerous things to do in a zombie apocalypse / it could also lean towards safe sanitation and hygiene issues) 

• Have a Wash (Perhaps if a player is stressed or suffering from sickness having a wash might help chirp you up from your blood stained skin)

• Exercise (You can read to improve your knowledge, why not exercise to improve your stamina and strength.)

• Sex (Not sure if PZ is going down the adult route but if your character is bored or unhappy, perhaps some extra social interaction with NPC's or consenting players might spark brighten your day up.) 

Crouch: Already going to be implemented, pretty sure it's going to be used as sneaking aswell.

Prone: Basically crouch, but if you mean basically glueing as to the wall...

I no liek that.

Sit: Not sure it's going to be implemented to the player, but it will to NPCs.

Hide: I'd rather just try to crouch to hide from other players and zed, instead of hiding in closets.

My personal opinion.

Climb: Already implemented, nimble skill if I remember correctly.

Swim: There's only one river in the place where the game is set if I remember correctly, I'd rather not have that, since it's a OP way to hide from zombies and would make you use the bridge to travel.

Emotes: I like that alot.

Toilet / wash / sex : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

Exercise: jogging around and killing zombies is a good enough way to exercise in my opinion, not only that but it reduces the zombie population.

Those were my personal opinions on this subject.

Hope it was helpfull :)

P.S.

Please read this before posting, it's right on top of the suggestions tab.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/26-how-to-write-a-good-suggestion-read-before-posting/

• Swim (Go in the sea, a river or perhaps a swimming pool?)

This is the only one I'm really hoping is added sometime soon. Not only that, but it would add a much needed risk to fishing if the zombies could walk into water. Imagine sitting there fishing, not really paying attention, when 2 or 3 zombies begin to surface and walk onto the shore and attempt to grab you. Really hope this makes it in at some point :D

You could never know how many zombies might be walking beneath the water. Would add a much needed greater sense of paranoia.

Swim: There's only one river in the place where the game is set if I remember correctly, I'd rather not have that, since it's a OP way to hide from zombies and would make you use the bridge to travel.

I have to disagree, I think it could add in a whole new level of gameplay, especially if its implemented well. Swimming could be prohibited if your carrying a heavy load. The exhausted moodle could lead to the threat of drowning (we defiantly need more ways to die in this game :D) as well as the tired moodle, so you couldn't simply remain in the river. Also, the new threat of never knowing if there is a zombie lurking in the depths below would be a welcome addition.

Also, there have been a few more water areas added to the map other than the straight river at the top most part of the map. There is even a small pond in one spot, along with the lake that branches out from the river.

It could even open up a few new positive and negative traits, such as not knowing how to swim, or being able to swim for greater lengths of time.

I like a lot of these ideas especially the ideas of swimming, crouching, and emotes. The having a wash idea is interesting but i had different opinions about it and i may just make a forum about it. In simpler terms my idea was it would take time to wash up in a bath tub or shower like 30 minutes leaving you destressed, relaxed, and a little bit less angry.

Some stimulating ideas friends!  -snip- thank you for the directional support I confess I'm new to the forums so I wasn't aware of the list of suggestion, I enjoyed reading them :) 

Sounds like mixed thoughts on swimming but everyone is keen on new Emotes, I like Rickest_Rick's suggestion for a surrender Emote, this would be good for role players and even if Hostile NPC's were scripted to react to such an Emote would be brilliant. 

In regards to my Exercise suggestion I do agree with -snip- that your already getting plenty of it killing zombies, I was thinking more at night time when your hiding out indoors lifting a few dumbbells and weights to enable you to lift heavier loads and carry more inventory, I can imagine any survivor in this environment would be trying to make themselves as tough as possible. 

One other Idea I didn't see in the list which I forgot to add was the ability to drag and push items rather than pick them up, certainly useful for dragging corpses out of your house or pushing a heavy object together with another player to block a door to a building cram packed with zombies.

Thanks again for the feedback fellow survivors!  

Oh yes I know you can pick them up and bust your back trying to move them! but if it was reality and I was trying to get some corpse out of my house I'd be dragging the smelly blighter not picking it up..... I'd rather touch it as little as possible! 

"I'm afraid you got pink eye.... I'd prescribe you some topical cream but I don't want to touch you"