Nails mod. Create your own nails!

Maska_zgz

Nails Mod 1.0:

Hello all again. Here I offer another mod that I think will appeal to many people. Basically, with this mod you can melt metal and with this metal make nails. I use this mod for months, so it works perfectly. I never had the intention to upload this mod to the forum, as it was for personal use, but occasionally I see a comment in the forum asking for being able to do nails in the game, or asking that the old mods used to make nails to be updated, and only for this reason I released this mod, for that those who want to be able to do nails, they can do nails.

There have been several mods that made exactly the same, but when I began to play Project Zomboid, these mods was outdated. So I decided to make my own mod, which also solved a problem that I do not like to happen: when used a mod that gives you the ability to do nails, the game becomes easier, at least the part of carpentry of the game .

However, I always advocate the realism, and if I, who am not someone particularly skilled, can create nails following the footsteps of a youtube video, I think anyone can do it too. For these reasons, I believe that the addition of being able to make nails in the game is a good thing, but you have to get them is much harder than just need a campfire to make nails, for example.

It has been attempted solved in the measure of effort this problem by increasing the number of objects that need to be found to make nails, helping this also to achieve greater realism, because a person without much knowledge could do nails pretty sure if he have these items, following the steps of the mod. Anyway, although I like the realism, I always try not sacrifice gameplay at the expense of achieving realism, trying to maintain a balance between these two aspects. 

Here is it, my own version of a mod that allows to manufacture nails. Hope you like it.

- New ítems (13):

Empty Blowtorch: wETZGtR.png This item is the empty version of Blowtorch, what is necessary be filled with propane from a Propane Tank. It spend a use of Propane Tank. For this is also necessary a Propane Rubber.

Blowtorch:IwltWLR.png The version filled with propane. It has a limited number of uses, and when it has been emptied is changed by an Empty Blowtorch, being necessary fill it with propane to use it again.

Ingot Mold:NcduB00.png This mold is a retail version, not a homemade mold. It has a HUGE number of uses.

Ingot Mold of Wood:arNsMJH.png This version of ingot mold is easier to create, but it has a very limited number of uses. See below for the full explanation.

Nails Mold of Wood:BMLgbyT.png This version of nails mold is easier to create, but it has a very limited number of uses. See below for the full explanation.

Ingot Mold of Plaster:x4rO5nN.png This ingot mold is more difficult to create than a mold of wood, but is much more reliable and has an number of uses much higher. See below for the full explanation.

Nails Mold of Plaster:5zXjvkm.png This nails mold is more difficult to create than a mold of wood, but is much more reliable and has an number of uses much higher. See below for the full explanation.

Iron Ingot:wFS32li.png This slim ingot is the result of melt the metal objects in the game. To create a Iron Ingot is necessary an ingot mold, as well as other objects.

Work Gloves:OJw7ebf.png Nobody wants to burn your hands during the casting process, so this item is a need to make any recipe in the mod. Work gloves can appear in different colors.

Propane Rubber:LlLzvBH.png This item is needed to fill a Empty Blowtorch with propane. It does not have number of uses.

Tongs:5zEeIbE.png Despite using Work Gloves, you still must find a safe way to hold up the metal items that we are going to melt. To do it serves the Tongs.

- How to do nails:

There are several different ways of doing nails, which require different items. The difference is basically the type of mold used, as I will explain later. However, all recipes of casting use various items in common. They are:

Blowtorch
Mold (of the desired type)
Work Gloves
Tongs
Lighter

- Molds:

As you can see above, there are 4 different types of molds constructed from different materials and there are also a professional mold, the Ingot Mold. This mold not is an homemade mold, and can be found in the right places.

There are also two different types of molds. Ingot molds, and the Nails molds. Each mold has its function. The ingot mold is used to create ingots during casting of metallic items. Once we have a iron ingot in our inventory, we can use a Nails mold to create nails.

Each mold type has different characteristics:

Wooden molds: These are the easiest to create. You only need a log, a saw, a screwdriver and a hammer. Of each log used in the process, two molds are achieved. The wooden molds have a fairly limited number of uses.

Plaster molds: To create these molds, it is necessary to spend a use of a bucket of plaster, and a use of a tube of glue, which reinforces the plaster mass. In the case of a mold of nails is also necessary to have a nail. These elements are less common than the logs, so in normal situations are more difficult to acquire.

Furthermore, when the mold is created, it is not still useful to perform their functions. Newly created this item is called "Mold of Wet Plaster" and is needed one last step before you can use it in the manufacture of nails. We need to "cook" the mold in any type of oven, microwave or campfire. This means that at this time, the item works as a food item, so you must be very careful and avoid eating it because it is dangerous.

Once the plaster mold is cooked, you can select the item with the right mouse button and select the custom menu of the item. When we do this, we finally have a mold of plaster prepared for their real purpose. Its number of uses is very high compared to wooden molds.

- Recipes:

Have been created a large number of recipes, that include a large number of items in the game, which are those that are generally made from iron. Items that are usually made of softer metals have not been included.

These recipes include weapons, cookware, cutlery, tent pegs, paperclips, scissors, screwdrivers, wire, barbedwire, handshovel, saw, tongs, ingot mold professional, and more. Has been balanced the amount of metal contained in each item, so you will receive more ingots by melt a axe than by melt a hammer, but also cost more uses of the blowtorch. In the case of a small item, or in the case of an item which is only partially metal, it is necessary to have several items of the same type.

In the special case of cutlery, not only have created recipes that let melt a certain number of the same item every time. It is entirely possible melt together, in the same process, kitchen knives, butter knives, spoons and forks. There are a total of 19 recipes that combine these items.

- Testing:

In the download, outside the mod folder, there is another folder called testfiles. Inside this folder exists a file called Nailsmodtest.lua. This file allow you to test all the features of mod, giving immediately all necessary items to begin testing.

You should to put the file in the following folder:

\ Users \ Your User \ Zomboid \ mods \ NailsMod \ media \ lua \ server

Once the mod is running, just press the P key on your keyboard, and you should get everything you need.

Do not forget that for testing, you should use a character created just for this. If you use your main character, will get you many items, and that's cheating...

- Compatibility:

Nails Mod is fully compatible with all mods I've tried, and I've tried most of the mods in the forum to be sure.

- Known Bugs:

None so far. If someone finds a bug, please let me know immediately.

- Multiplayer:

I use this mod on my server, and it works perfectly.

- Download link:http://bit.ly/1tYnyAC

Enjoy the mod!

• 1 month later...