Maska_zgz

Cocaine Mod 1.0:

Despite the danger of being known as the drug dealer of the forum, some users have asked me for this mod, and as I do not want to add these features to my Marijuana mod, I uploaded a separate version here.

The mod is very simple. Cocaine was introduced into the game world, being able to consume this. You can also create Cocaine Cigarettes, putting some cocaine in a cigarette, which entails a somewhat stronger effect.

These are the new items (3):

Sachet of Cocaine: idvoUNH.png

Dose of Cocaine: Jh9MP6Z.png

Cocaine Cigarettes: hp0kvc7.png

- Cocaine effects:

The basic effects of cocaine and cocaine cigarettes (these are more potent) are:

- Reduces fatigue a lot. For example, a newly awakened and fed character can dig a few furrows to plant seeds and after you need to sleep, even as early as 12 am. If the character snorts a couple of doses of cocaine, retrieves all his energy and can again function normally. Therefore, also avoid the need of sleep of the character for a while.

- Reduces the unhappiness of the character.

- Reduces the need to eat of the character.

- Eliminates the pain to a level equivalent to painkillers.

- Increases the boredom. It may seem odd that snorts cocaine increases boredom, but really, sniffing makes a person have much desire for do something fun, whatever it. Kill zombies, reading, dancing, talking to an NPC, smoking cigarettes or preferably joints, or just running around town to spend the extra energy gained. Besides being totally realistic, this serves to balance a bit the item, and does not become overpowered. It is true that some people have a nice and quiet trip, but most have effects that increase activity and get nervous if they do nothing.

- Side Effects: 

Side effects are created through scripts.

If a character has the Heavy Drinker trait, the character almost always gets positive or very positive effects snorting cocaine. It has very little chance of having a bad trip.

If, on the other hand, a character has the Light Drinker trait, are more likely of having a bad trip who a character without this trait. Still, the chances of having a positive effect are greater than those of having a negative effect.

A character without any related trait, has a more balanced possibilities, but continues to have many more opportunities to have a good trip.

The positive effects involve the reduction of panic of the character and besides, the character suffers less panic for a while. There are two levels of intensity for the positive effects.

The negative effects involve some panic and stress for the character, which can be removed in the normal way: reading, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes or joints, talking to a NPC (when they are present in the game), sleeping, or just being quiet in home for a while. In fact, the best is use together marijuana and cocaine, as their combined effects are quite beneficial, especially if you are having a bad trip of cocaine. There are two levels of intensity for the negative effects.

I have tried to faithfully recreate the effect of these substances, and I think this reflects more or less, what can happen during a night out.

- Visible effects of cocaine on the character:

Besides reducing the panic in the character, which can be very useful to fight a large number of zombies, and the reduction of overall fatigue, we can also see firsthand what the effect that cocaine has on our character. Each time a character uses cocaine, the character will say a few words to show what kind of trip you are having. There is a phrase for each effect type, and there are four different effects. Two good and two bad.

Here you have some sample images. Please note that the last part of the phrase, "Heavydrinker", will not appear in the mod, as it was only used to test the mod.

YNVYHbg.png

j4beflR.png

- Distribution of items:

The items in this mod are extremely hard to find. It is not difficult to find a sachet of cocaine in the early days of play, but accumulate more is a very complicated task. There are few places where these items appear, and the chances of this happening are very low.

This is done it that way intentionally. In the case of marijuana, it would be relatively easy to find everything you need in a week of playing, as it is a popular product, which can be cultivated by oneself. Cocaine can not be grown in any part due to climate and the characteristics of this plant. The coca seeds are not easily findable either. And the amount of cocaine distributed is also lower. Therefore, this item, despite having several uses per sachet, is something that should be used only on special occasions because it is very scarce.

For those who want to have cocaine from the beginning, since, for example, say that his character is a regular user and had bought a couple of sachets of cocaine just before the apocalypse, there is a method to obtain these items freely.

This script only works with a newly created character, and can only be used once per character. When you have finished creating the character, and the screen is black while the game are loading the world, you must repeatedly press the END key on your keyboard, press without stop it and do not stop until your character appear in the world. So you obtain a little of cocaine at start.

- Compatibility:

Cocaine Mod is fully compatible with all mods I've tried, and I've tried most of the mods in the forum to be sure.

Thanks to a compatibility patch, now a character created with the drug dealer profession (Marijuana mod), appears with a sachet of cocaine, and is more resistant to their harmful effects. In addition, following the story of Marijuana Mod, about what the police were on the trail of a secret place in Muldraugh, where drugs were sold in large numbers, now there also can find some cocaine in this place. If you use Cocaine mod, is advisable to use it with Marijuana mod, but can be used separately.

- Known Bugs:

None so far. If someone finds a bug, please let me know immediately.

- Multiplayer:

I use this mod on my server, and it works perfectly.

- Download link: http://bit.ly/1wJAvjE

- Download link 29.4 Icons Hotfix: http://bit.ly/1uvjRT3

You just have to replace the .txt file of the hotfix. This file are in the folder:

?:\Users\YourUser\Zomboid\mods\Cocaine\media\scripts

Overrides this text file, and icons will return to work. It is fully compatible with saved games.

Enjoy the mod!

The mod was released just before the onset of build 29.4. I can see that everything works properly, but the icons have stopped working. I think all this, is because this fix in build 29.4:

UPCOMING (no Estimated Time of Arrival as usual) hotfix #4 :

All this is from our bug tracker, so naming can be.. Weird.. But it take me 3s instead of 30min, soooo...   :D

And for those who don't know, best way to report bug, I present you the mighty wonderfull BUG TRACKER !

[bUG FIX]

It is a very easy problem to fix, so has been created a small hotfix for this mod and Marijuana mod, in each of their respective threads. This is the link of the small hotfix for the Cocaine Mod:

You just have to replace the .txt file of the hotfix. This file are in the folder:

?:\Users\YourUser\Zomboid\mods\Cocaine\media\scripts

Overrides this text file, and icons will return to work. It is fully compatible with saved games.

Note: I've been completely out of this forum for a few days, and I think there I not will appear around here for a while. I am sure that nobody cares about my problems, that's life, but I'm about to lose forever the most important person in my life, and I want stay beside her as long as possible. Occasionally, I'll take a look at the forum, but little more. Sorry.

Note: I've been completely out of this forum for a few days, and I think there I not will appear around here for a while. I am sure that nobody cares about my problems, that's life, but I'm about to lose forever the most important person in my life, and I want stay beside her as long as possible. Occasionally, I'll take a look at the forum, but little more. Sorry.

Sorry to hear that Maska. Totally more important to stay with your loved ones. *hug*