Define "Beginning the game before the infection"

Syntaxpiggum

There are a small amount of zombie games that simulate beginning of the infection (Prototype comes to mind, and the only game that does) when I'm sure this is what everyone wants... I think... I'm not sure.

Basically, why couldn't the NPC population be jacked up to about 50% (versus zombies) and have that decline quickly to normal levels, so that the world is already under chaos and you slowly see the thinning out of survivors over a few ingame days.

Similar to the beginning of Dead Rising, where you run through a horde of zombies with survivors dying all around you.

What do you think?

It's been quite clearly stated that the devs don't want to show how the infection got started and seeing it fan out from a few zombies would likely give us a hint... How do you know it's not an airbourne virus that infected most of those people and only you and the other survivors were immune to that airbourne string? You don't because that's the point. You get to imagine and speculate that part, just like in any good zombie movie.

Yeah but the 50% is a bit much because that means the survivors have a chance of over powering all the zombies! Other than that, I really do want to watch the world go extinct in the first couple of days! :)

I once played a flashgame where when you started, the survivors would just literally drop dead at the zombie hoards.

As time went on, they hardened up.

I would link it, but... you get the point. If a online java game could do it in a few lines of code, I'm sure PZDevs could do it in a few lines as well! :D (albeit, slightly longer)

Similar to Dead Rising where the dead clearly out number the living during the first sequence, and everyone is running for cover.

It literally lasts 5 seconds, but it could add a whole new element of "oh shit get inside or get eaten".

It's been quite clearly stated that the devs don't want to show how the infection got started and seeing it fan out from a few zombies would likely give us a hint... How do you know it's not an airbourne virus that infected most of those people and only you and the other survivors were immune to that airbourne string? You don't because that's the point. You get to imagine and speculate that part, just like in any good zombie movie.

it's not showing us how it starts though. It's literally one wave of survivors that drop dead like flies, except they're not technically dead. 

It doesn't give away much as to the lore, the few survivors versus the overwhelmingly 'mobstrous' zombie hordes similar to, sorry for saying it again, dead rising intro sequences.