Pickling

ToothyMonster

Ok Not sure if this has been Suggested or not but it wasn't in the Big list of  No, Yes, and Maybe.

Pickling veggies to make them last and not spoil.

Could add Cucumbers to the Gardening list and Mason jars and Vinegar to the Drawer loot.

that way after grwing those Cucumber or carrots and tasty veggies as long as you have a Cooking pot, some water, Salt, Vinegar, Mason jar and the veggie you can Perserve them.

Maybe ass In garlic and Dill for Better tasting perserved veggies so they don't give as much boredom and unhappyness.

YES OMG I HATE CROPS ROTTING IN 3 DAYS (OR LESS!!!!)

This would be so convenient, even if it just extends to 1 week.

You would have to grow the garlic and dill yourself though I'm assuming?

Yea that would be more stuff to garden wich is cool, but I can also seee them adding Pre made Dill packets or jars amd bundles of garlic to the world to flesh out things. Like I always see jars ot containers of Dill spice in stores.

Pssst...Hey...Pssst

Try soup!

Seriously though, if you know something's about to go bad you can make it into cold soup which gives it about another day, and after that you can cook it for another day.  It helps just a little bit, definitely has kept me alive.

Adding food preservation doesn't seem too unreasonable for me, but as I understand they will make growing and collecting food harder to balance out the easier way of keeping it.  It's not fair to make it hard to grow AND rot quickly.  Just expect a change if they ever do include food preserving.

I am all about any type of food preservation. Canning, pickling, drying, salting, smoking, etc

I know the devs want to make the game harder (and rightly so) but we should be given the ability to preserve our food. There was a canning mod out a few versions back, but it doesn't work with 29.3, at least not for me.

I came on her with the expressed intention of adding a request for this exact type of thing but I thought I better make sure no one else has already requested it. I think it would only make sense since electricity will be going out that we should be able to can, pickle, dry, salt and smoke or any combination of those options. We need something that lets us use all the plants we plant. Also after you harvest you should get some seeds back or else eventually all the seeds would run out. They could set it up so that if you leave the vegetable past the harvest stage there is another stage where it goes to seed. You can get a bunch of seeds by harvesting at that point.

I want to thank ToothyMonster for having my same Idea. Thank you!

Also after you harvest you should get some seeds back or else eventually all the seeds would run out. They could set it up so that if you leave the vegetable past the harvest stage there is another stage where it goes to seed.

They actually already have exactly that in game :lol:! You receive fewer crops, but gain some seeds.

I am all about any type of food preservation. Canning, pickling, drying, salting, smoking, etc

I know the devs want to make the game harder (and rightly so) but we should be given the ability to preserve our food. There was a canning mod out a few versions back, but it doesn't work with 29.3, at least not for me.

I came on her with the expressed intention of adding a request for this exact type of thing but I thought I better make sure no one else has already requested it. I think it would only make sense since electricity will be going out that we should be able to can, pickle, dry, salt and smoke or any combination of those options. We need something that lets us use all the plants we plant. Also after you harvest you should get some seeds back or else eventually all the seeds would run out. They could set it up so that if you leave the vegetable past the harvest stage there is another stage where it goes to seed. You can get a bunch of seeds by harvesting at that point.

I want to thank ToothyMonster for having my same Idea. Thank you!

Hehe Yea i was shocked it hadn't been suggested yet because to me Pickling, canning, salting all that Just seemed like it would have been suggested a lot earlier. and No need for thanks If I  hadn't suggested you would have!