Erosion Lawn Care. Cutting/Growing Grass

CaptKaspar

Build 27, I believe? Prior to that, tilling tall grass would just result in tall grass overtop of tilled soil. Made farming difficult.

Wow, can't believe I didn't notice sooner. To my defense though it doesn't make any sense to cut tall grass with a trowel :P , but I am happy that we can do it!

Build 27, I believe? Prior to that, tilling tall grass would just result in tall grass overtop of tilled soil. Made farming difficult.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was in a late 28 iwbums build. build 27 seems too early. I have a savegame where you can't cut tall grass by tilling, and i think it's the last version before being able to do so, but since i haven't got the game installed I can't tell you what build it is.

Anyway, OCD players will feel a huge relief right now :lol:

How about introducing scythes to the game? Could be used both as a rather cumbersome weapon as well as of keeping weeds and grass in order. Using one would require some skill and develop your characters physique.

I'd also like to see both motorized and pushable lawn mowers... also drivable ones that could work as a very slow vehicles. Coupled with a little cart they could be pretty useful, if noisy, when moving large amount of stuff. Using any motorized ones would be pretty careless and require gasoline.

I figure scythes ought to be pretty rare and driveable lawn mowers rather common, after all we're talking U.S.A. here :P

Also:

:lol:

neat idea but i don't think to many people own scythes, Bedsides the 90% of the people i know....... Oddly....

Wanted one, but then I made the stunning realization that if I just took my lawn mower off mulching mode, that 16" tall grass would blend.

Dashed the revitalization of the urban scythe economy. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I can see this adding allot to farming.

I would think you could do it with a knife or scissors.

Cut grass or vines could be called Green waste in inventory.

Green Waste AND/OR rotten vegetables + worms + garbage bag = Bag of compost.

Bag of compost + Bag of sand = bag of rich soil.  - this step could be skipped all together and just add compost to crops.

crafting! Crafting!! CRAFTING!!! :D

• 7 months later...

While not in the vanilla game, if you want hay the hydrocraft mod has it.  It would be hard for the devs to put every single suggestion into the game, but pretty much if you've thought it already, there's a mod out there with it.