Erosion Lawn Care. Cutting/Growing Grass

CaptKaspar

Has there been any talk about landscaping once 'Erosion' is in?

Currently, I find that having tall grass in my safe house is an annoyance and because of that, I tend to pick safe houses with little high grass in the yard. For me, it makes farming more difficult and my OCD does not agree with the untidy appearance. (off-topic: I would love to eventually remove blood stains)

To solve the high grass problem, I use my spade and dirt bags to cover the grass tile and remove it. However, this leaves me with no grass at all! There should be some seeds for growing grass. In RL I have grass seed in my garage and no other seeds in the house. I don't have carrots, radishes, cabbages, potatoes, strawberries, tomatoes, or broccoli. But, I do have grass seed.

The more efficient thing to do, would be to simply just cut the grass. Manual reel push mowers, garden shears, etc would be great and quiet. Could have noisy gas/electric lawn mowers, weed whackers, etc as well to add an element of danger to landscaping.

So, when 'Erosion' is in, will we be able to cut the grass, trim vines and bushes, etc? I can cut down trees already for when things get really out of hand.

In MP having a manicured lawn is a tell-tale sign that the safe house is currently being used, so it would be up to the player to decide whether or not its worth it for them to have a tidy lawn.

If crawlers were harder to see in tall grass we'd have an additional reason to keep it short as well.

Thoughts on this?

Im extremely OCD about unkept yards, I ended up filling in my entire yard with dirt just because I didnt like the look of a patch of grass on each side of the yard...lol

They could just do it the barbaric way and add scissors to the game and a "Cut Grass" submenu

There are already scissors in the game so the jobs half done already!

I'm quite sure you cant "cut" tall grass by using trowel to dig and then removing the tilled ground, leaving just the small grass. I used this method to cut the tall grass in the house by the lake in West Point.

I assume they are going to make some method to cut the tall grass, as you can do a lot of stuff with grass.

I would like the idea of using a lawnmower that is loud and can attract zombies but there are 3 mowers. Push mowers are slower but quiet. The second is the standard gas mower that is pushed and requires some fuel and is very noisy but efficient. the third is a ride able mower that can kill crawlers if they come near and will cut anything under it but it is noisy and very fuel costly.

Maybe it's me then , my overall opinion on this is, who cares. With the world gone to shit, and me surviving on a daily basis, maintaining my lawn would be the last thing on my List. Matter a fact if wouldn't even be on my list.

For many people it is totally illogical to maintain a tidy lawn.

However, for some, keeping a tidy lawn will be a vital function of their survival.

Farming will be an important aspect of survival for some. Anyone who has a garden, knows that proper weeding is a must to have a productive garden. Tall grass and weeds will rob your crops of nutrients, water, and sunlight.

Tall grass is also a haven for mosquitoes, ticks, spiders, snakes and rodents.

Lawn care is also therapeutic for some. It can help with sanity and boredom (while some may go insane and bored when doing lawn care :P ).

Tall grass can also hinder movement around your safe zone and it can hide crawlers.

Let the outsides of my walls go to hell, I want to keep my safe zone tidy :D

Maybe it's me then , my overall opinion on this is, who cares. With the world gone to shit, and me surviving on a daily basis, maintaining my lawn would be the last thing on my List. Matter a fact if wouldn't even be on my list.

Its about holding on to a little bit of the way it used to be, something as simple as lawn care can bring the feeling of a little peace to a world thats now dominated by death and destruction.

Its about holding on to a little bit of the way it used to be, something as simple as lawn care can bring the feeling of a little peace to a world thats now dominated by death and destruction.

But what if you like death and destruction?

But what if you like death and destruction?

Then welcome to the Shunned and Outcast Club! Let me show ya around!

this idea is amazing. i mean lawn care may not be a priority but it could add a lot of tiny things or just a few slightly bigger things. I think that your crops could grow better if grass isn't around. You can make compost out of the grass clippings. You can dig up grass and sometimes find bugs for food or things that would help/harm your crops. Its just so interesting.

I'm quite sure you cant "cut" tall grass by using trowel to dig and then removing the tilled ground, leaving just the small grass. I used this method to cut the tall grass in the house by the lake in West Point.

I assume they are going to make some method to cut the tall grass, as you can do a lot of stuff with grass.

Why hasn't this been screamed from the hill tops?!?!?!

I just did this in game and I am super thrilled to know this!! :D

What version did the devs add this? I am not sure which version I last tried this on, but it definitely did not cut the tall grass away. I never noticed this in any patch notes and am surprised, but happy to see this in game. Thank you for filling us in!

Now I can cut all the tall grass in my yard! Woot!

I still think it would be cool and realistic to have to actually cut the grass with shears or a mower though. This is not a big deal for me now that I have a work around, even though it might not be ideal to have to use a trowel. Just happy it can be done easily. :lol: