RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

WAIT, WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO CHOP OFF A ZOMBIE'S BODY PART (HEAD/ARMS/LEGS) WITH FOR EXAMPLE, AN AXE OR A SHOTGUN BLAST?  

I am not answering until you stop screaming. 736120395.png

that was kind of a joke but kinda serious if someone's up to take it serious...lol

(i was playing some fallout at the time)

ps:sorry for the screaming, it happens sometimes

Popping out of my watermelon for the first time to say the following:

You guys keep adding really cool stuff to the game, which is great, but I keep waiting for you to add the coolest thing of all, NPCS! This game would be so much more fun if you brought NPCs back. I would like to not only dodge zombies, but the bullets of roving gangs as well. I hope you guys are seriously working on that.

Popping out of my watermelon for the first time to say the following:

You guys keep adding really cool stuff to the game, which is great, but I keep waiting for you to add the coolest thing of all, NPCS! This game would be so much more fun if you brought NPCs back. I would like to not only dodge zombies, but the bullets of roving gangs as well. I hope you guys are seriously working on that.

oh yes, they certainly are.

or so they CLAIM ;) .................they might just be hanging out watching Happy Tree Friends videos and drawing on that for some new death scenes.

I like what I'm seeing here, so I offer my compliments and encouragement. I happen to be a bona-fide health care expert, so I'd also like to offer my perspective.

Whiskey is an excellent disinfectant in real life. I hope it is nearly as effective as the "proper" disinfectants in game.

Suturing with twine should have a very high chance of infection. Suturing with thread less so. Suturing with fishing line would have the least chance of infection, since it has a monofilament structure and germs can't invade the hidden spaces inside the suture, since with monofilaments, there are not hidden spaces inside (unlike woven threads). But suturing with fishing line also takes more skill. Boiling/disinfecting the suture and instruments ahead of time should help decrease the chance of infection, unless the person doing the sewing has no knowledge of sterile technique.

Regarding #3) New medical-related items: the application of splints should not require needles. Splints are put ON, not put IN. Plates can be put IN to stabilize a fracture, but that involves major surgery. Fractures often need to be reduced prior to splinting. Failure to properly reduce a fracture can result in maiming, infection, even death. Reducing a fracture is probably the most painful thing a player would encounter, right up there with getting burned.

Burns do not result in major health loss unless they cover a significant % of the body. They should, however, be fairly prone to infection. If less than 10% of the body is burned, you might consider it a minor burn. If more than 40% is covered, you might consider it lethal in a few days if not treated with both daily bandaging and antibiotics as well as rest and food/vitamins. EDIT <oh, and a big increase in drinking water while the burn heals>

Whether or not a bullet or other deep wound results in major blood loss in real life is highly variable. There is a large element of luck involved. If a big enough artery or bloody organ (heart, liver, spleen) are hit, blood loss may be 50X higher than when the person lucks out and critical structures are missed. Maybe a RNG would be useful in the game.

Treating wounds, even minor ones, on your own back is not likely to work very well.

In the last 150 years, the single biggest advancement (resulting in the largest % drop in mortality) in the treatment of critical illness/injury (by far) was the development antibiotics.

Antibiotics often have side effects like nausea/vomiting, mild allergy, severe allergy. Penicillin allergy is the most common antibiotic allergy and could be an interesting negative perk, especially if you include a variety of antibiotics in game.

Iron pills/vitamins might be helpful after major blood loss.

Having lots of corpses around your house, or wandering around corpse-ridden areas might lead to all manner of disease including plagues, especially if you aren't trapping rats and mice.

In the current game, vitamins are used to stay awake, but in real life, they are not that effective. Maybe you should call them caffeine pills or energy pills.

Slight update for the bug fix :

[bUGS FIX]

• Can't add infinite item in an evolved recipe anymore
  • Can't add cooked food to a trap anymore
  • Fixed player getting cooking XP when another player cooks food. (Issue #001005)
  • Fixed player corpse not being created in singleplayer.
  • Fixed bug which caused black screen after death.
  • Fixed still gaining some blunt xp while bare handed
  • Fixed allowing a broken sledgehammer to be used to destroy stuff.

While your doing all the controller stuff, by any chance can you make the game support playstation controllers?

Its a bit confusing at times to see all the xbox stuff when using a PS4 controller :/

Chances are nope. I don't know of a single game that uses Play Station logos and I can only assume that there is a legal reason for that.

I've been playing with a PS3 controller, though (through DS3 Tool and XPadder). 

YAY, I literally saw UPCOMING changing to IWBUMS in direct-live, It makes me feel something special.

Also, Bullwinkle's input is pretty precise, an emphasis should be put on the need for antibiotics !

Also², who buys ps3 controllers !? ;o

Its not documented in the patch notes, but you can select how long you want to sleep for now. While convenient and useful, it seems a little bit unrealistic..........when you do finally fall asleep you don't really have that much control over how long you sleep.

Yep, I'd love to be able to find a watch, alarm clock .etc that enables this functionality in-game, rather than just have it this way. That, or the option to choose between naps (of randomized length)  or sleep (a full night's sleep).

Its not documented in the patch notes, but you can select how long you want to sleep for now. While convenient and useful, it seems a little bit unrealistic..........when you do finally fall asleep you don't really have that much control over how long you sleep.

Yep, I'd love to be able to find a watch, alarm clock .etc that enables this functionality in-game, rather than just have it this way. That, or the option to choose between naps (of randomized length)  or sleep (a full night's sleep).

Awesome, I'm glad they're working on sleep mechanics.

Being able to choose how long you want to sleep for is something I've been awaiting for a long time ; that probably means we'll see sleeping back into MP soon-ish.

Tho yeah it would be nice to be able to use this feature with an actual object if you're on your own, or someone else would have to wake you up, like a player in MP or a NPC when they're around.

How exactly can we active split screen ? We are trying with a special edition call of duty xbox360 controller and we can't do anything in sandbox or survival ... 

Go to the options menu, scroll down to the Gamepad option and put a check on the box of your Xbox controller.

I had a blast playing splitscreen, holy crap is amazing to play like that, my friend and i died because he was sleeping 1 hour more than i did, while making food hoard came and ripped my friend to shreads.

I still dont know how to use the medical check system but i got my hand infected and nothing bad happen.

Also i love how the erosion mod is full on effect, when we went back downtown everything was so different, really makes you want to survive more.

Also i agree that we should have some kind of alarm to decide at what hour to wake up, i think there was a system like that in cataclysm dark days ahead where you could use a alarm to wake up, it was a survival game i think.

I hope to see sleeping in multiplayer soon too, but really this update left satisfied with all the new features and the possibilitys ahead.

Bugs so far:

-When playing splitscreen you cant press A to do the next thing in the character screen.

-The survival stats dont save for player one, so even if you survive a year, it will say it was a day or hour.

So far not a lot to report, its wierd.

Regarding sleep, the fact is that most people wake up 5 times a night. Once after each 90-minute sleep cycle that goes through the four different stages of sleep, then REM, then a very brief period of wakefulness. People rarely remember the few waking moments that are present in each night of sleep, but that is where you notice that you kicked the covers to the floor and are now cold, so you fetch them "in your sleep" or you realize you need to pee and make a quick dash to the bathroom "in your sleep." You're not really sleeping. It has been a very useful development over the course of evolution to make sure that you wake up a few times each night at least long enough to tell if something is terribly wrong before starting the next 90 minute sleep cycle.

For the game, mechanical wind-up alarm clocks seem like a pretty easy solution. Also many people can set their own internal clock to wake up after a certain amount of time. Maybe this could be a perk you can choose. Drinking large amounts of liquid before sleeping is another ancient way to assure you don't oversleep. Leaving the window open on a cold night might also be another way to control your sleep, as in you might wake up to close the window at some point.

Personally, I just hope that when you pass out from trying to stay awake too long, you don't sleep for many hours straight. In real life, you usually wake up a short time later unless drugs (such as alcohol) are involved because you fell asleep while doing something, rather than getting in a comfortable position, such as laying in a bed, before passing out. Usually when you pass out while doing something, you will be asleep in a position that wasn't meant for sleep, and part of you body will be in an uncomfortable position, and that will wake you up.  So when you guys implement the passing out part of the game, I hope you allow the person to wake up a short while later if they weren't drunk at the time.