RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

I thought pistol rounds were more dangerous because they lacked the power to leave the body? It hits a rib and starts ricocheting around in there because it lacked the power to just go clean through.

That's accurate. Damage done has much more to do with the load and style (hollow point/fmj) of the bullet than it does the gun that's firing it.

It's also much more common to take bullets out than leave them in, especially if it's something you're doing in the field because you generally just don't know how much damage it could cause unless you're having time to do xrays and probe around. Even in hospitals, it's more common to remove than not to.

In my opinion, I don't think bites or scratches should be 100% fatal.  I think it should depend on how bad the wound is, how quickly it was treated and how it was treated.  If it's a wound, then aputate and cauterize the wound if it's an appendage.  If it's a bite or scratch to something other than an appendage and amputation is not possible, perhaps the infection chance increases.  In any case, I'm really glad the developers included sandbox options on infection mortality. 

It's also much more common to take bullets out than leave them in, especially if it's something you're doing in the field because you generally just don't know how much damage it could cause unless you're having time to do xrays and probe around. Even in hospitals, it's more common to remove than not to.

Admittedly, there are considerably fewer gunshot wounds in Germany, but every EMT or even first aid course tells you to not remove the bullet if you're not a surgeon, here.

Aye, it's certainly better to not go fishing if you're not a doctor in most cases. At the end of the day, it's a coin toss if you don't know what you're doing. What if it was 50/50 to kill you if you left it or kill you when you removed it?

Aye, it's certainly better to not go fishing if you're not a doctor in most cases. At the end of the day, it's a coin toss if you don't know what you're doing. What if it was 50/50 to kill you if you left it or kill you when you removed it?

I do like that option to go fishing for it. I'd preferably like the chances, but scale it with skill if possible, so that it'd be better to go fish for it if you were a level 5 doc, but better leave it if you had no experience.

As far as I know there's been no indication that movable barbeque grills and/or other movable things are making an appearance any time soon, or even before cars.

A previous build had movable wheelie bins, so I`m continually hoping to be able to trundle the gas grills around. the graphic already has little wheels :D

On the subject of bullet wounds. My brother uses .243 and .270 calibre rifles when hunting red deer, and the damage those bullets do is pretty major since they`re designed to expand and take down the target rather than it running off with a clean wound after the bullet has passed through and hit something/one else.

In the world of PZ, the most likely rifle rounds to be found will be ones used for hunting, so a human hit with a .308 expanding bullet is going to be seriously hurt if not killed outright.

I`m looking forward to this update returning the challenge again. I`ve lasted for nearly four months in the Sunstar Motel on my survival map, mainly living on farmed cabbage and potatoes. I`ve barely looted any buildings, simply because I`ve no reason to, so having to go look for medical supplies in zombie infested territory will brighten my day :D

Updated OP !

• New sandbox stuff !
    • You can now save/load sandbox presets and share them ! Files will be saved in C:/Users/YOU/Zomboid/Sandbox Presets
    • New sandbox options : Starting Erosion, Characters stats decrease (hunger, thirst and fatigue), Locked houses/Alarms rarity, XP Multiplier and more !
    • Little screenshot to show you ;)

Spoiler
  • The big return of the COOP ! There's still some things to add for the joypad but you can now play again in COOP ! (understand 2 or more players on a same split screen) EasyPickins rules! <3

Can I use these presets for my server somehow?

I assume the PZServerSettings.exe and according Lua file will be updated accordingly, so yes. Just like you would change the sandbox settings of your server. (Sandbox settings of the server are set up via the SandboxVars.lua which should be saved in Zomboid\Server\*servername*_SandboxVars.lua)