RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

no Anti- Biotics in the game right now

In my opinion they should definitely be added to the game! It's somehow absurd to cure an infection just by disinfecting it.

read a bit beyond that, too where RobertJohnson  confirmed that there are in fact Anti-Biotics in the game. he's a Dev, he should know

no Anti- Biotics in the game right now

In my opinion they should definitely be added to the game! It's somehow absurd to cure an infection just by disinfecting it.

Huh? If it's an annoying surface-level one, such as a cut, disinfecting works just fine without antibiotics, sometimes without even disinfecting it.

If antibiotics are not available silver (e.g., jewlery, silverware, coins) can be used to treat infected wounds (http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2006/may/Maillard/Focus-On-Silver.html).

and WEREWOLVES!

Well, a research in the  US National Library of Medicine yield to 2429 scientific articles on the use of silver in wound treatment (for an review on the history of silver in medical use see Alexander, 2009). However, no results were found for the use of silver against werewolves. So don't count on silver if you have to deal with werewolves ;) .

Thats just because there is no point in funding silver research against werewolves because everyone knows thats how you stop a werewolf.

No studies required ;)

The biggest changes will come with the game trying harder to kill you post build 30.

Argh, now you have me looking forward to Build 31!

I said post 30, not 31.. you'll have to wait and see the list when 31 rolls around ;)

You sit on a throne of LIES, kirrus.

:)

Just passing By after a few hours playin with Build 30 (and some coop/split). :ph34r:

So far this build seems to work perfectly for me and the content of this game is growing in the way i was expecting it; keep up the Good Work, this project is to me by far the most refreshing game i'm playin since a very long time! :wub:

Update! Build 30.7

• Tweaked brightness and colours to make it a bit more realistic
  • Fixed flickering shadows bug
  • Changed endurance system, it now take longer to get exhausted, but take longer to recover from it
  • Added auto zoom on joypad
  • Zombies now clump together into groups more
  • Balanced the new health system a bit via the feedback we had
  • Added plant resilience and farming's abundance sandbox option
  • You can now add/remove curtains on self made windows frame
  • [Farming] Increased time needed for a plant to grow
  • [Farming] Decreased water/health point loss for plants
  • Potatoes will now last longer but give a bit less hunger reduction
  • Some Erosion fixes and more Erosion tiles coverage
  • Updated DE/FR/PL/JP/NL translation
  • Added a "Beginner" mode (it take the sandbox presets "Beginner")
  • Fixed not being able to smash windows with bare hands in multiplayer.
  • Fixed zombies decomposition preset not working
  • Fixed pain killer not working (and balanced them, they last longer but take more time to lower the pain)
  • Fixed removing stitch bug
  • Fixed a bug where stitch never disapear
  • Lowered chopper/planes sound
  • Fixed some loot distributions (like books in the fridge in the motel)
  • Fixed wall vines coming back really fast after getting cut
  • You can no longer walk fast/run with a fracture (even by using the "Walk to" option)
  • Fixed public server list showing wrong servers after reloading

Huh? If it's an annoying surface-level one, such as a cut, disinfecting works just fine without antibiotics, sometimes without even disinfecting it.

Superficial wounds are not likely to become infected, and almost certainly will not if they are kept clean. There are a lot of very dangerous possible infections if they do become infected, though - tetanus i.e. lockjaw is one of the most dramatic.

Is there any plan to have survivors develop a thicker skin over time? On a related note, are there plans to have survivors rub their hands raw when doing large amounts of unfamiliar manual labor (e.g. digging farms, building walls, beating zombies with crowbars) for the first time?

Small update inc in 2min or so (specially for new exhaustion and MP):

• Added "Rest" action to use on a bed/chair which help you recover from exhaustion way faster. Need roughly 4min IRL to get fully recovered.
  • Updated RU translation

Make us sit when we rest !

And here is my feedback/questions after some testing ( mailny exhaustion).

I have noticed that "old" exhaustion is gone for good. Now when i wake up i can run/fight etc for like 6h(ingame time) w/o any exhaustion. Can we have old and new mechanics combined so after killking some zeds we will have to take some rest (old style) but after dooing so few times it wont work and you will need a proper rest ( new style).

That endurence system is tied with some skill that we can lvl up or its more like panic/fear. I would be great to make it skill just like running.

Hi all! , i have been hanging here for a year now, but i never had an account.

I made this account just to say AWESOME!! update dev, this "zombies groups" are excellent! and more realistic <3

It's first time im afraid to go outdoors from now on, before it was slaughter 1v1 zomb all time, now you need to lay your legs on the back and run if they are big groups, perfect: P

But! i found it little ridiculous when zombies running back and forth, in no direction, it looks little bit stupid.. Maybe it needs a little bit of tweaks, maybe making "checkpoints" for this groups of zombies so they will walk on the streets in even bigger groups, finnaly they will knock on the door outside your house hehe, cuz it feels kinda of empty when you cleared out big path's of town :)

Cheers from SWEDEN! :D

Hi all! , i have been hanging here for a year now, but i never had an account.

I made this account just to say AWESOME!! update dev, this "zombies groups" are excellent! and more realistic <3

It's first time im afraid to go outdoors from now on, before it was slaughter 1v1 zomb all time, now you need to lay your legs on the back and run if they are big groups, perfect: P

But! i found it little ridiculous when zombies running back and forth, in no direction, it looks little bit stupid.. Maybe it needs a little bit of tweeks, maybe making "checkpoints" for this groups of zombies so they will walk on the streets in even bigger groups, finnaly they will knock on the door outside your house hehe, cuz it feels kinda of empty when you cleared out big path's of town :)

Cheers from SWEDEN! :D

Thanks! Yeah we'll for sure tweak it :)

Some feedback after the last 30.7 update:

- The new zombies are way too active. It seems there is more of them and they appear to be more dangerous, because they are constantly moving around, which are good. And there is more of a difference between low and high population areas. Maybe you want to keep this agitated stance for when something has alerted them like a NPC moving through the area and there is a cool down till the pretty much stand still. Right now the zombies no longer conform to the standard zombie lore.

- I don't like the new kind of exertion, because it isn't sufficiently different from being tired. I know that there are some ingame differences, but they don't make sense to me. I want the player to tire from physical exertion and mental stress, so that he is finally tired and his overall performance both physical and mental drops. So please combine exertion and being tired and just call it tiredness. The new exertion should have different stages like "warmed up", "winded", "exhausted" and have a short time effect and quick recovery. The effects should be the same as being tired.

Finally the character is tired to quickly and it takes way too long to be exhausted.

Some minor grammar errors in sandbox. Under Plant Resilience, it says how many water the plant may lose..., should be changed to how much water the plant may lose...

Food Spoilage says ...will spoil inside or outside fridge., should be changed to ...will spoil inside or outside a fridge.

Refrigeration Effectiveness says Define how much a fridge will be effective., should be changed to Define how effective a fridge will be.

Feel free to correct me if I've made any errors cause I know grammar isn't my strongest suit, I just noticed these sounded weird when read the current way.

Just played my first few hours since a couple builds ago (28 i think). I've been eagerly waiting for the 'kill you before you get to the end game' updates. I'm confused though. The Mondoid was vague on weather this build is the bulk of those updates or is clumping just the beginning?

I really like what the devs have done so far since 28.  In this play through, I only made it a few days before getting bitten by a zombie that seemed to appear out of nowhere.  The zombie clumping is definitely better.  Also fighting hordes is much more difficult with all the gameplay mechanisms that have been tweaked. All this is good stuff.

My initial feedback on first aid even though I know this feature has been around for a while now: I broke a window, climbed through, and cut my hands (which has never happened to me before). I really like the new additions to first aid crafting and UI. I did find it a little absurd, however, how frequently my bandages became dirty and had to be reapplied. I found myself spending the better part of an entire day cleaning and reapplying bandages.  I suppose this is somewhat realistic in terms of how an injury would slow you down.  But I can't say the process provided a lot of in game enjoyment, removing, cleaning, reapplying over a dozen times in one day.

Is there a way to wear or craft anything that makes climbing through windows less dangerous?  gloves?

Map development is completely separate from game development, right? So the map expansion will happen "when it's done" and isn't tied to any particular build or other feature?

Well map development is game development. :D but yeah it's just ticking along alongside code features and will drop when it drops.