RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

30.15 Update:

• Fixed foraging adding items to inventory past max weight of 50. (Issue #001230)

Just curious, what DOES happen now? Do you just lose the items? Cause right now, as sweet as logs are, they sometimes pop outta nowhere, bringing you to max inventory.

30.15 Update:

• Fixed foraging adding items to inventory past max weight of 50. (Issue #001230)

Just curious, what DOES happen now? Do you just lose the items? Cause right now, as sweet as logs are, they sometimes pop outta nowhere, bringing you to max inventory.

They end up on the ground.

Nice. Good solution since players have little control when 3 logs sneak into a foraging action.

30.15 Update:

• Freed up over 90MB of memory.  Hopefully, this will help with people getting stuttering.
  • Reduced endurance loss when starting a fire with notched plank + sturdy stick.

Thank you for the great news!

sz8lrb.jpg

Awesome!  I hope the memory fix helps people seen a few complaints of that :)

btw, for some reason I have tried to 'dis-engage' myself from the IWBUMS and go to back to regular live, but some reason it keeps going back to the IWBUMS version, not sure why.

In any-case, I don't mind because I wouldn't have even known about the updates otherwise lol

btw, for some reason I have tried to 'dis-engage' myself from the IWBUMS and go to back to regular live, but some reason it keeps going back to the IWBUMS version, not sure why.

In any-case, I don't mind because I wouldn't have even known about the updates otherwise lol

If you want to revert right click on PZ in steam, open options or whatever it's in English then go to the local files and press verify game files or something like that.

If you want to revert right click on PZ in steam, open options or whatever it's in English then go to the local files and press verify game files or something like that.

ah okay! Cheers

Is this the right place to feed back on new builds, I can't remember..

If not. Sorry.

Just a few of thoughts, mainly around the new health system.

So I got bitten, and had bleeding, bitten, infected. (In red)

I applied a bandage and got Bandaged (In green)

Removed the banaged when it got dirty, and saw that the bleeding, bitten, and infected were back.

(Some kind of an alert when your bandage gets dirty might be nice, or when your medical situation needs attention. I am not sure if the 'injury first aid required' moodlet does this or not, as it seemed to come up after I bandaged and not when I had 'dirty bandage'. Perhaps the heart symbol could flash red (or something such as this.)),

I think it would be better, if these states were still visible after you bandage, but in green to show they are 'ok' from an action perspective. (Although the bite and infected would probably never be ok, unless infected meant normal infection not zombie infection?)

My final thought was to be able to access inventory action from the medical screen that are relevant.

At the moment you have to go to the medical screen to check your bandage, then click remove if it is dirty, then go to your inventory and find your 'bandages' then right click on the 'bandage' to apply a fresh one.

I think it would be nicer (and more intuitive) if you could right click on a wound, and see your available actions depending on what supplies you have available in your inventory.

So brief summary of thoughts.

1. Thumbs Up all round.

2. Alert for 'medical action required' (perhaps the heart could flash) (This may be done by the injury moodlet, but it did not seem to line up with in game events...)

3. Keep 'active medical states' such as bleeding visible when 'being treated' but change to a green (or other positive colour) to show that no further action is required at that time. (this way it lets the player know they may need more bandages in the future, rather than feeling everything is now ok because it is gone.)

4. Medical actions available in medical screen for inventory items, rather than having to go to the inventory to do them. (faster and more intuitive) EDIT: Ok this one already is happening, did not seem to work first time around, I wonder if it may have been due to some left over mod conflicts from disabling mods without restarting the game. As I noticed some mod bits still appeared when I disabled them.

Always enjoying the Updates!

Awesome work guys but I still have to state the importance of a run button on the controllers. I've argued for this alongside other people on the steam forums and I was just wondering if the devs have been notified. Right now, ONE thumbstick button determines three actions, walking, running, and sneaking/aiming. A start flick could get you killed and that is not good at all. I would say to put the aim/sneak button to the left trigger since I cannot seem to figure out what that one is for. This way, fps players could use aim like in any other game using this trigger and the left thumbstick won't be so sensitive. 

• 2 months later...

I'm not a admin/developer but the practice has been to release stable builds after about a month in IWBUMS. I'd expect shortly after Build 31 gets released we will see IWBUMS 32 appear.

Normally a gap of 2-6 weeks between a build going stable, and a new IWBUMS build, depends how closed testing goes :)