RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

So Florin, let's maybe focus on the future instead of the past. What could TIS do that would make the new system feel good for you? Are you willing to give it a chance or are you only willing to accept the old system back?

As I mentioned elsewhere, would you be okay with having timed actions/inventory management quickly regenerate your exertion so that you're actually encouraged to do things in between slaying zombies/exploring? Spend some time in a house messing with inventory or cooking your raw food, or building something and exertion could come back up? The point of the system is to get you to do other things than fight or run, and it sounds like that's what you do/want to do as well.

I honestly do want to work with you and anyone else who doesn't like the current iteration to get something worked out we can all enjoy. I apologize if I'm coming off blunt, that's not my intent. The current system is something I've been asking for for a long time so I hope you can understand that it's a bit frustrating when I feel like you're dismissing it out of hand without giving it a chance (or trying it after it's been balanced).

Have you tried a new game in the latest update today? Do you feel like that's a step in the right direction?

Again, I apologize if I've been letting my frustration show towards you. We both want the same thing, which is for PZ to continue to grow and flourish. I hope we can work together towards that goal.

Update, build 30.9:

• Added Jar Lid to do Canned Food
  • Added Broccoli and Cabbage for canned food (Jam will come in some days)
  • Added an Endurance Regenration sandbox option
  • Increased a tad the endurance regen when immobile
  • Hopefully fixed "dancing" zombies
  • Added experimental zombies behavior: when a zombie inside a group spot you, he may also attract other zombies to you
  • Endurance regen when walking (really small, 1/3 of the immobile endurance regen)
  • "Walk To" now take the exhaust moodle and fatigue in speed calcul
  • Fixed Language spelling
  • Fixed bug in farming/campfire recipes
  • Fixed some spelling in recipes
  • Removed a non-used item (hunting rifle clip)
  • Fixed Log Stacks recipe bug
  • Scavenging for food during winter will be impossible, or really hard in cold months
  • Plants now loose health during cold temperature
  • Empty jar/Jar lid now spawn in grocery store
  • Reduced the spawn rate of foods in fridge
  • Zombies won't group in forest (well, much less than previous)

Really like where this is heading now. My only suggestion though is to reduce trapping/fishing success rate as well during the winter.

Happy green moderator text time:

For those wishing to discussion exhaustion, please do so only in Suggestions (if it's a suggestion) or General Discussion (for everything else). Discussion will be moved from this thread if it happens beyond this point.

Please refer to Lemmy's post here for details: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11789-exhaustion-feedback/page-5

Thanks guys.

My only suggestion though is to reduce trapping/fishing success rate as well during the winter.

Can I ask, why trapping? The occurrence of birds might be less during winter, but in Southern Illinois (about a 3 hour drive from Muldraugh), we still have plenty of mice and squirrels around during winter. 

Birds would defiantly not be around, or at least not as abundant. As far as rabbits their not as active during the winter (or at least the hours change). Hadn't thought much about mice and squirrels though. Perhaps reduce or eliminate the catch rate of birds, forcing you to prepare for winter more properly?

Going to just leave this here, as well.

Happy green moderator text time:

For those wishing to discussion exhaustion, please do so only in Suggestions (if it's a suggestion) or General Discussion (for everything else). Discussion will be moved from this thread if it happens beyond this point.

Please refer to Lemmy's post here for details: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11789-exhaustion-feedback/page-5

Thanks guys.

One more thing I thought about, is worms. They should be disabled in winter as well, so you can't dig spam for quick, easy food since they wouldn't be around at all during the cold months.

Maybe not disabled completely, but much rarer yeah. As the ground is way colder and harder to dig, worms probably go deeper, no?

At what point is normal to be drowsy?

I wake up, my friend goes to the normal routine of checking around the house for zombies while i make some foud, and then after 3 hours i feel drowsy for some reason, maybe i didnt sleep well cause i sleep in a chair?

Also the only problem i have with the resting mechanic is that either you can't eat/read while doing it, why is that?

I accept the developers making the choices that decide the direction this game takes. Been here for years and have been patching through various iterations of the game, excited by the surprising changes. The Indie Stone team has provided me a great game experience, has not abandoned this project or charged me for a sequel or any patch. May be the best purchase I have ever made from a game developer.

Thank you Indie Stone and please continue clarifying your vision for this game. I trust you.

One more thing I thought about, is worms. They should be disabled in winter as well, so you can't dig spam for quick, easy food since they wouldn't be around at all during the cold months.

Maybe not disabled completely, but much rarer yeah. As the ground is way colder and harder to dig, worms probably go deeper, no?

Freezing kills them. Reason you see them again next spring is because of the eggs that are resistant to freezing.

I'd say keep the fishing and trapping rates the same during winter. Even if there were less animals around, they would be hungrier because there's less food available to them, no?

The black bear spawning in a trap made me laugh, thanks.

Birds you wouldn't find as much as most of them migrate. Rabbits are active for fewer hours. Most fish go to the bottom in an almost hibernation state. Worms pretty much die off or go 5+ feet underground. Winter should be brutal :D

I'd say keep the fishing and trapping rates the same during winter. Even if there were less animals around, they would be hungrier because there's less food available to them, no?

The black bear spawning in a trap made me laugh, thanks.

Birds you wouldn't find as much as most of them migrate. Rabbits are active for fewer hours. Most fish go to the bottom in an almost hibernation state. Worms pretty much die off or go 5+ feet underground. Winter should be brutal :D

Ah, but if rabbits are active, they are looking for food, certainly not just out to take a leak. A baited trap would almost be more appealing to them wouldn't it?

Ah, but if rabbits are active, they are looking for food, certainly not just out to take a leak. A baited trap would almost be more appealing to them wouldn't it?

It would, but remember, they are active for shorter hours, and your competing with their predators for an already scarce food source during winter.

Edit: Simply wanted to clarify that I'm not asking for ALL of trapping and fishing to be removed, simply make it more difficult during the winter months, and remove obvious ones like birds and worms.

I think rabbits should probably be left alone; rabbit season is actually fall/winter and they remain active throughout. Keep in mind it's only Kentucky we're talking about :P

Fair enough. I think some of the other adjustments should be considered though in the interest of making surviving through winter more challenging.