RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

IWBUMS hotfix/balance release (build 30.13):

• You can now use mushroom in evolved recipe (soup, stew...).

RJ, is it intended that each version of the mushroom count as an ENTIRELY separate ingredient? Right now I can toss in 6 different mushrooms for massive boredom/happiness bonuses. Also, Mushrooms currently can't be added to stir fry (oversight maybe?)

Also, worms are being found when its not raining.

I think canning food got broken again in .13. Have all necessary ingredients, do not get the option to can them. Haven't tried with homegrown food but the store found ones arent working even when fresh. Matched everything in the crafting recipe file to double check.

30.14 update:

• Fixed exceeding container capacity when putting containers in other containers. (Issue #001206)
  • Item weights are now displayed to the second decimal place, ex 1.15.  This was done to fix some very light items appearing to have 0.0 weight (like seeds and bandages).  The weight of containers now includes the weight of items in the container (so you'll see the total weight of a bag plus it's contents).  An equipped item displays a lower weight than it does when unequipped.
  • Fixed not getting Strength XP when carrying over 50% of max weight sometimes.  The weight of stuff in containers wasn't being counted.
  • Fixed fish not having the proper weight.  Fish are quite heavy, and may be difficult to stuff into a bag with cutting into pieces.  Fillets over weight 1.0 can now be cut into two equal-sized portions.
  • Fixed indoor zombies never spawning in a room with less than 20 squares.  This was accidentally nerfed back in June!  So closest zombies are back.
  • Fixed sound not pausing/unpausing when using the speed-control buttons. (Issue #001226)
  • Fixed Erosion removing some trees/plants/bushes/grass but not replacing them with anything.  This fixes "invisible trees" in the New Denver map for example.
  • Fixed getting hungry/thirsty/etc twice as fast as in Build 29.
  • Fixed farming-speed sandbox option making plants grow way to quickly or way too slowly.

What is Strength XP?

Experience points.  Strength is a "passive" trait like Sprinting, it goes up as you use it.

OK, forgive me if I'm being dense, but where is that in the skill section???

Edit: Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, is "Strength" the label for the generic XP that grants skill points? Super confused here.

It's passive, you don't see it, you start at level 2 without any perks, but then have perks like "Strong"/"Stout" etc. to start at level 4/5...

We may add a "passive" tab on the skill panel someday with the 2 passive perks (this and fitness)

Well, that answers my question, but now raises even more questions.....

1. Does it auto level once it hits enough XP, seeing as how we can't assign points to it?

2. Does it stack with Strong/Stout? If not, does this mean that if your patient enough, you can do without those passives?

3. Does this mean leveling up Sprinting indirectly increases your endurance? Again, if so, if your patient enough does this mean you can do without Athleticism?

4. Do Sprinting and Athleticism stack?

Edit: Just seen that you mentioned "Fitness", is that indirectly what Athleticism is boosting?

Edit Edit: Also, noticed some odd behavior with the new foraging changes that I reported here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-1227-possible-foraging-issues/

4. Not sure I follow, Fitness help in swinging your weapon, in recover endurance and other small stuff ;)

4 was just me not understanding what fitness does, cause right now athleticism is giving CRAZY amounts of endurance, at least for sprinting anyways (seems like I can sprint for about 12 hours if I take that trait).

Hey RJ, I was fixing to re-work the Foraging Guide, and I got a couple of questions when you got time to clear them up.

1. Worms were previously found only while it was raining. 30.13 seems to have changed that as now their foraged at any time. Was this an intentional change? It was a pretty cool flavor thing that they could only be foraged during the rain.

2. Mushrooms - They can be used in all evolved recipes EXCEPT Stir Fry. Oversight?

3. Mushrooms - Right now each "variation" is counting as a DIFFERENT ingredient, thus allowing you to get an easy happiness/boredom bonus. I'm 99.9% sure this wasn't intentional, so some clarification is needed here.

4. Freshness - Right now berries are the only food item that rots. I'm sure eventually you'll tag the other foraged items, but are any of them planned to be non-perishable?

Also, while it wasn't in the patch notes, the change in building the campfire kit is amazing! For those who don't know, its now 2 logs instead of planks, so you can now make a campfire kit with foraged materials.

Loving the winter changes too, now if only digging up worms was disabled during the winter........

1. Yup

2. That's it, you can start from level 2 (no trait) and build up to level 5 (so you become "strong" without taking the perk")

3. Yup

4. Not sure I follow, Fitness help in swinging your weapon, in recover endurance and other small stuff ;)

One question, Developer :ph34r:

Strength values can decreased? (for reasons of laziness, or if the player is static for many hours, without doing any action)??

Hi guys. I played Zomboid on splitscreen mode with my 2 brothers for two days. It was an amazing experience and we got really addicted to it until my brother died for no reason :( It was a shiny day he has no injuries, everything was fine and he was fishing on our base then he suddenly got sick and died really fast. Found some comments on steam forum with the same issue and would like to know if this is a bug and if this will be fixed in the future. Thx for reading :)

Hi guys. I played Zomboid on splitscreen mode with my 2 brothers for two days. It was an amazing experience and we got really addicted to it until my brother died for no reason :( It was a shiny day he has no injuries, everything was fine and he was fishing on our base then he suddenly got sick and died really fast. Found some comments on steam forum with the same issue and would like to know if this is a bug and if this will be fixed in the future. Thx for reading :)

Did the sick moodle appear for him? The only way I can think of for him to die really fast from sickness is drinking bleach or eating poisonous berries. (Anyone knows how fast would rotten food kill you and how much would you have to eat? I did it like once back when I was starting with zomboid, so I don't really remember the details.)

My screen displays update 30.14.

I've just tried a couple of runs this morning after a 2 weeks break, because you know, HOLIDAYS :D .

Well, the survival is quite more harder now. Zombie spawning is relentless, packs of 3-4+ and very few butter knives or pencils to deal with them.

I died 5 times in a 90 minutes session. Love hurts.

Keep it going, Indie Stone developpers;