RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Update build 30.12!

• Set 30min day length to be default (but with correct calcul)
  • Added a "reload translation" options, press F12 with the -debugtranslation option to reload, not everything will reload (items/buttons won't reload)
  • No more toggle light switch behind a wall/door
  • Fixed a remove vines bug
  • Increased flash light light distance
  • Spear is now two handed
  • Fixed opening red radishes recipe not working
  • Added progress bars to the health panel when performing actions.
  • Fixed OGG stream bugs (Issues #000854, #000978)
  • YoungPotatoes -> Young Potatoes.
  • Don't throw exceptions when loading unknown InventoryItem types.
  • Don't play thump sounds when players are sleeping, it sounds silly at high speed.
  • Fixed some sounds never playing with the Hard of Hearing trait.
  • Fiddled with tooltip layout again (minimum label width, doubled the padding between label and value).

Erm. Simplified Chinese(CN) language support is not it?
Still need to wait for the next update?

Can you tell me what you're trying to add on what ? Also you're sure you have a screwdriver ?

I tried x4 scope, ammo strap, stock and recoil pad on hunting/varmint rifle without problem.

You sure you updated also ? What language are you playing with ?

I'm so dumb xD Was trying to add sling to a shotgun with ammo straps. Sry for the confusion, RJ :D

Guest Styxx42

• Set 30min day length to be default (but with correct calcul)

What was previously day length? Is this apply to standard survival mode?

Pretty sure day lenght by default using my server settings is 1 hour.

Yup, previously it was set to 1h day length but with a miss calcul leading to a 30min default, now I fixed that but people complaining about the 1h day length (making the game too easier), so now we're back on original 30min day length :D

Make the days longer don't make the game easier.... That doesn't even affect the difficulty. But well, if u want no being able to walk four steps before night that's your choice. But i don't think it's the good one... In my point the game is more balanced with longer days.

edit: i know u already know my point of view RJ and it's probably useless i def him because everyone seems to pref shorter day but well i have to do it. Democracy bullshit thing blabla^^

You can't suppress the minorities ^^ <3

But u can't survive more longer anyway ? The longer of day don't change the ratio of food. And u have more time for getting bite in one day.

I think the real time is more a difficulty than food or other things.

If u need 75 hours for survive 150 days or 150 hours for survive 150 days. that looks to my more difficult. That's a huge difference of time.

(yes i know the night is speeded-up uh, these numbers are for exemple^^)

I can already loot half a dozen homes in the thirty minute day, before night is close to falling. I'm able to double that number with hour long days, not to mention consume less food for double the amount of work.

I'd say that's quite a bit easier.

I'd say the problem with looting 6-12 houses per day isn't as much tied into the day length as it is to the difficulty of getting into the buildings. Even now with many permalocked windows there's always at least one to three where you can get in from without any effort at all since all you need to do is click on a window. I've almost never had a need to bash a window in. Only in cases where there haven't been any openable windows to a building. And those have created some interesting situations. . .

If you would need to actually make noise to break into those buildings you'd get much less done and imo it would add to the tension, realism and difficulty all at once. Get in and run like hell.

• No more toggle light switch behind a wall/door
  • Increased flash light light distance
  • Added progress bars to the health panel when performing actions.
  • Don't play thump sounds when players are sleeping, it sounds silly at high speed.

It's all the patches I didn't know I needed but I did. Keep up the great work TIS.

Most people can avoid them but the fad on multiplayer is breaking the top block ontop of stairs so you can't see the hole and you walk right into it without having any way to know otherwise, so it kinda sucks to avoid all stairs because they could possibly give you a fracture.

*Edit* Please fix stair bug, as fun as smashing out the stair block when I finish raiding peoples bases is, it probably shouldn't be included in game features.

I actually ran up stairs I smashed out myself earlier and forgot about them when I was trying to clear out all the stair tops in town, whoops.

and I have no problem with people killing me, I am just trying to help the game environment for all the hundreds more who shall fall into stair holes and shall forever be fractured.

*Edit* Also the stair trap is really hard to escape if done in the proper buildings so unless you have a sledgehammer you are finished. Personally I can fall into a zombie pit and just instantly sign out and then sledge the wall and get my guy out. But the majority of people just instantly die and I can collect their loot from the edge of the last step on the stairs.

Is ramen noodle recipe fixed ? Last time (30.11) i wasnt able to make it (noodles + bowl with water).

That specific recipe, no, but you can make noodle soup (noodles + pot of water; cookable, can add additional ingredients) and divide it down into 2 or 4 bowls.