RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

You should try the insane 8 month after the apocalypse sandbox preset. You'll be wishing for food.

8 months after the apocalypse with a hypochondriac character that somehow managed to survived from scratches like 7 times (wasting excessive amounts of food to survive the fever(s)) was probably the only time I genuinely didn't have any food at all after having looted like 100 or so houses. It was easy after I started farming, but since that is fixed now...

Guys, the abundant food problem will be fixed when the NPC's are added and begin searching it out and eating it all

Hell, normal may replace rare as the standard setting because of it

Right now, NPC's seem to be to answer to every major problem the game has right now, atleast according to the community. Will it work out like that? Not that I don't trust the devs, but I'm still a bit sceptical about the NPC's role as the ultimate answer for the "fix late game by killing you before you get there" or whatever you wanna call it. But hey, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised (fedora)

Right now, NPC's seem to be to answer to every major problem the game has right now, atleast according to the community. Will it work out like that?

I'd maintain your skepticism. I think a lot of players have based how they feel NPCs are going to work on their expectations, but no one really knows how they're going to work as they expect, or if difficulty concerns will result in balancing adjustments, and so on.

Besides that, there's no ETA for them, and I think that anticipation is fueling a lot of the "magic bullet" sensationalism over NPCs.

It's best to just wait to see what TIS does down the line. I think they're doing a good job fixing problems as they arise without the need for NPCs as a cure-all.

Right now, NPC's seem to be to answer to every major problem the game has right now, atleast according to the community. Will it work out like that?

I'd maintain your skepticism. I think a lot of players have based how they feel NPCs are going to work on their expectations, but no one really knows how they're going to work as they expect, or if difficulty concerns will result in balancing adjustments, and so on.

Besides that, there's no ETA for them, and I think that anticipation is fueling a lot of the "magic bullet" sensationalism over NPCs.

It's best to just wait to see what TIS does down the line. I think they're doing a good job fixing problems as they arise without the need for NPCs as a cure-all.

There's no ETA, but there's a not-an-ETA of Q1/Q2 2015 from the relevant mondoid.

May I ask if it would be possible to make sleeping in MP possible? Right now I am playing with my girlfriend sometimes on a server I am creating on my local machine. Since Splitscreen sleeping is possible, can we have that on MP too? Maybe as some kind of setting in the server configs? While it is fun, during nights we mostly don't go outside cause it's too dark to see anything properly, so we are then sitting here and waiting to be day (we have no new books to learn/read).

I don't know if I should post this all here, but I'd like to say a few problems I have. 

First of, have you guys changed anything about hunger? It seems to me as if my character is more hungry then in previous plays. Also, I've never had a cold in all my plays, even when I ran around in the rain for hours... One last thing, I'm not able to set my game in full screen...

Are these things a bug? 

I know this is not the right topic for it, but since all this talk about changing lengths of time and such i was wondering.

I preferred the quick time lapse when you where idle and clicked the clock button, or when you sleep. I know if you set the day length to shorter times like 30 minutes or less this happens still, but it seems they changed this a few builds back. So when i play a surrvial game I'd like my time to sweep on by when i want it to or sleep.

I know this is not the right topic for it, but since all this talk about changing lengths of time and such i was wondering.

I preferred the quick time lapse when you where idle and clicked the clock button, or when you sleep. I know if you set the day length to shorter times like 30 minutes or less this happens still, but it seems they changed this a few builds back. So when i play a surrvial game I'd like my time to sweep on by when i want it to or sleep.

? Time still accelerates, it's just capped at 10x the day length. Thus, longer days mean slower acceleration.

? Time still accelerates, it's just capped at 10x the day length. Thus, longer days mean slower acceleration.

ok well is it possible to have the normal 1 hour day to have faster acceleration, if i do recall it was faster then what it currently is.

I don't see why endurance isn't tied to sleepiness. Simply have multipliers for how much each actions affects your endurance, based on how tired you are from lack of real sleep. I don't know, drowsy be 1.5x, tired be 2x, exhausted be 3x, passing out be 4x...

It'd actually make sleep mandatory for survival- like it is irl. It'll encourage people to rest when they can and catch naps, like soldiers to in hostile territory. No more of this "I'm going to stay awake for 18 days because I can deal with the limited visual radius" nonsense. People won't die from tiredness because they've been running from a horde for 3 days, but they might die from the associated exhaustion stopping them from fighting effectively.

If you say so. It just doesn't "feel" like it to me. ;p

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

This isn't really being lovely, gabrek, you're insinuating that RJ is lying. That is probably not what you meant, but please be aware of the tone of what you're saying. This is the only verbal heads-up I'll give.

Endurance is already tied to fatigue ;)

While your in here RJ, could you clarify how cold weather is exactly suppose to affect foraging and fishing. I think you may have either used the wrong terms or its not working correctly, because right now its still possible (and very easy) to forage during the winter.

Has anyone else been successful with the Fishing Net in 30.11? both times I have used it (Fishing skill lvl 1 & lvl 2; went to check on it next day after placement) it turned broken and the only action available to me was to salvage wire from it.

So is it a bug (which I will submit if it is), skill level related, or did I just have extremely bad luck? (and is there a way to craft more?)

like that idea with the sheet.

Gloves, just gloves no sheets.. a natural choice.

I'd rather broken windows mechanics be left as is, but have the crowbar equipped as the primary add some healthy chance of opening windows, retrying 'locked' windows, and/or even broken windows.

I do like the idea of gloves, but for adding 'temperature' points. Maybe if one could run around the entire map shoeless and actually get hurt I'd change my mind on reducing chances for glass shards.

I don't know if this issue has been raised but sheet ropes can still be pretty buggy, I have placed sheet ropes and jumped right through them, aswell as had sheetropes not let me up. However I don't think I saw the sheet rope stuck in place and can't be removed bug this patch.

Update build 30.12!

• Set 30min day length to be default (but with correct calcul)
  • Added a "reload translation" options, press F12 with the -debugtranslation option to reload, not everything will reload (items/buttons won't reload)
  • No more toggle light switch behind a wall/door
  • Fixed a remove vines bug
  • Increased flash light light distance
  • Spear is now two handed
  • Fixed opening red radishes recipe not working
  • Added progress bars to the health panel when performing actions.
  • Fixed OGG stream bugs (Issues #000854, #000978)
  • YoungPotatoes -> Young Potatoes.
  • Don't throw exceptions when loading unknown InventoryItem types.
  • Don't play thump sounds when players are sleeping, it sounds silly at high speed.
  • Fixed some sounds never playing with the Hard of Hearing trait.
  • Fiddled with tooltip layout again (minimum label width, doubled the padding between label and value).