RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

• Decreased fatigue gain.

Why do you keep nerfing endurance? Soon enough there'll be nothing left to even worri aboot. I can already sprint for a lengthy period of time on the first day and kill multiple zombies without having to worry about getting fatigued. 

Why do you keep nerfing endurance? Soon enough there'll be nothing left to even worri aboot. I can already sprint for a lengthy period of time on the first day and kill multiple zombies without having to worry about getting fatigued.
Though I'm inclined to agree, 6% of endurance used to remove a single bush (something that doesn't even block line of sight) is pretty steep.

you do understand that it is not a finished product, right?

the whole new Endurance thing is still trying to find the right balance point

Though I'm inclined to agree, 6% of endurance used to remove a single bush (something that doesn't even block line of sight) is pretty steep.

Have you ever tried to remove a bush? I have. I'd say just 6% is low, personally ;)

After being gone for a day and reading like 4 pages worth of stuff about the no fishing in winter thing, I can personally say I dont care if you can fish or not in winter myself.  What I wish they would do is if they want to make it so you have to rely on food stores during the winter, they add in ways to perserve your food for more then a few months and just not veggies.  Making Jerky and dried meats and fish and stuff isn't rocket science and doesn't even require salt to be able to preserve it.  Reason why dried foods stay good for so long is because theres no moisture in them to allow for bacteria or fungus growth that makes food go bad.  Fishing in winter / take it out? Fine by me, but don't cap our survival limit on silly things like oh, we can't keep our food good during winter, we mastered that thousands upon thousands of years ago.  Make it so that 1) zombies are actually a threat *still dont think they're a threat, though having all seeing zombies is still annoying as all get out* 2) i wont hark on this one cause npcs arent in yet, but id think that npcs / human interaction is the biggest concern in ANY post apocalypse setting cause humans in general are out for #1 and are bastards 3) other stuff like getting impaled by a moose xD  And while I'm on my soap box, having a replacement for water barrels would really be nice as well as someone else pointed out.  Having to level up carpentry to level 2 just to be able to make a really crappy rain barrel, and having to go up to level 4 to get one thats actually worth any time is tedious.  And seeing how there is a river in game, why not just collect water and boil it?  Or for arguement sake there a lot of on market products you can get like a big barrel with a huge carbon filter that will clean water for you, which you could say find as a loot drop somewhere, that could allow you to do that as well. 

*long post is long*

One thing guys :) I have a Xbox 360 controller and when im playing split screen... my 2nd player, the one that is controlled with the xbox controller, cant open windows (force windows to open) ... anyone experiencing this? This happends since the split screen came out

(DK if this is the place to post this XD )

Awesome! Always hard at work, eh folks? Thank you!

A note on the bushes: Maybe make it possible to remove a bush barehanded but keep the exertion for it high whereas it will be the new lower rate with the tool? With an axe you'd just hack it down but barehanded pulling roots is not fun or easy.

Also I noticed that if you slice uncooked bread dough it produces 2 cooked slices. Not sure if this is known about yet.

you do understand that it is not a finished product, right?

the whole new Endurance thing is still trying to find the right balance point

I know, I'm just broaching the topic since no one else seems to have mentioned it. I'd hate for it to become a non-issue because people can't handle slower and more deliberative gameplay. 

Am I the only one who's noticed that hunger and thirst are still moving at the old rate after the timescale change, or am I just crazy? I'm definitely hitting the peckish and hungry moodles in less game time than I was before the change. Just saying, if survival gets changed to 30min to match the old rate of time, you'll be eating/drinking a lot more than in Build 29.

That isn't to say that I think the rates should be changed, as I'm rather enjoying having to eat more than just a bag of chips a day.

That isn't to say that I think the rates should be changed, as I'm rather enjoying having to eat more than just a bag of chips a day.

This is why I always take 'hearty eater', even before the change.  The abundance of food and now with the abundance of ways to obtain food made the 'food' challenge non-existant.

Heyo Zomboid Community,

I played the IWBUMS Build 3 days ago with my friends on my server without issues and now, no matter what I do, everyone always gets the LUA mismatch error :/

I saw on the previous page, that the 30.11 update was released, but I did a validate check on both the Server and in my Steam Library, no success. Anyone else facing this issue? How can I figure out, which LUA is conflicting?

Greetings,

Maxunit

EDIT: Issue still there even after complete re-install from Client and Server.

Heyo Zomboid Community,

I played the IWBUMS Build 3 days ago with my friends on my server without issues and now, no matter what I do, everyone always gets the LUA mismatch error :/

I saw on the previous page, that the 30.11 update was released, but I did a validate check on both the Server and in my Steam Library, no success. Anyone else facing this issue? How can I figure out, which LUA is conflicting?

Greetings,

Maxunit

There might be an unwanted file included in the Linux 30.11 update.  If your server is on Linux, or your client is on Linux but the server is not, delete this file if it exists:

projectzomboid\media\lua\client\ez.lua

Sounds cool, buuuut...

• Lodged glass shards

How: Break a window without using a weapon or tools, or climbing through a broken window

Will there be ways to pick locks now, or ways to prevent damage climbing through a broken window? If I don't take the Strong perk, this sounds like I'm going to be picking glass out of my character with almost any building that has few windows for entry, or breaking down doors/walls to get in more safely (albeit more loudly).

I'm hoping you'll be able to spend extra time clearing the glass out of the frame if you have a tool handy, or that you'll be able to put a sheet or something in the frame to cover the pokey bits. So escaping fast through a broken window will cause cuts, but taking your time and making lots of noise will reduce that chance.

like that idea with the sheet. 

Heyo Zomboid Community,

Greetings,

Maxunit

There might be an unwanted file included in the Linux 30.11 update.  If your server is on Linux, or your client is on Linux but the server is not, delete this file if it exists:

projectzomboid\media\lua\client\ez.lua

Thank you, I will try it.

The Client is on Windows, the Server runs on a Linux (Ubuntu) Box.

EDIT: That solved the issue

This is why I always take 'hearty eater', even before the change.  The abundance of food and now with the abundance of ways to obtain food made the 'food' challenge non-existant.

You should try the insane 8 month after the apocalypse sandbox preset. You'll be wishing for food.