RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

I just read the newest mondoid

"The response was generally favourable, but the new exhaustion system hampered the gameplay of those who play the game with repeated melee swings without charging them up [the avoidance of which we will have to communicate better in future, beyond the Spiffo instruction screen]."

Maybe a sound effect could support this, like breathing in when charging the blow, stopping at full charge and exhale on discharging a blow, more or less like in real life

Yep, I've advocated going back to just migrating the zombies across an area, at a flat rate of speed, and spawning them near the player, before. It's a shame there were several 20 page threads when that was tried by the developer, but there's something charming about being able to do, say, this: AuRXdZv.png

(Mind, they're not rounded off on the edges), that's just the line of sight.

But you definitely wouldn't be able to "handle," this. It'd be more of a "get the fuck out of there" thing. ;)

It's just a shame there was so much outrage when the meta-game was in full swing . . . :(

This looks like something out of the Day by Day trilogy. It had a intriguing spin on the zombie horde - the more zombies that massed the louder the moans and noise which attracts yet even more zombies. The horde would just continue to grow and grow and grow. Eventually it becomes this almost hurricane like force that rolls over entire towns and cities with its sheer size.

First off, from what I hear, I'm liking the idea of the new exertion system. However I just started playing a file on survival and I seem to be getting the kill one zombie and be tired bug. I tried with a single 5 second charged swing and it went down in one hit, then I'm drowsy before the corpse even hits the ground. This occurs even immediately after sleeping. My three posuitive perks are Light Eater, Strong and Athletic if exertion and damage are connected maybe the strength perk is causing it? I don't seem to get the issue as frequently with a character without Strong.

First off, from what I hear, I'm liking the idea of the new exertion system. However I just started playing a file on survival and I seem to be getting the kill one zombie and be tired bug. I tried with a single 5 second charged swing and it went down in one hit, then I'm drowsy before the corpse even hits the ground. This occurs even immediately after sleeping. My three posuitive perks are Light Eater, Strong and Athletic if exertion and damage are connected maybe the strength perk is causing it? I don't seem to get the issue as frequently with a character without Strong.

What weapon are you using?

Either way, I'd be looking at a reinstall of the game (manually delete the installation directory, don't trust Steam to do it for you, then verify the integrity of the game files through the Local Files tab of Properties, by right clicking on Project Zomboid in the Steam game library). That sounds atypical.

I've seen a few people complain about that with Axe and Spiked Baseball Bat. I'm wondering if maybe any damage in excess (since it always seems to be with high damage weapons) of the zombie's health is still being counted towards exhaustion. So overkill might be making you more tired.

Great build,i am really having a lot of fun with it. For my play style the new exaution system doesn't change much because i avoid combat and sneak around a lot.
i am just wondering if there is some way i could continue my old save,because it is known that new items doens't spawn correctly (for not saiyng doesn't spawn at all) so my good old character is stuck with an infection and a shard in his hand. Maybe in some upcoming build this can be fixed or he's gonna have this shard forever?  :D

Great build,i am really having a lot of fun with it. For my play style the new exaution system doesn't change much because i avoid combat and sneak around a lot.

i am just wondering if there is some way i could continue my old save,because it is known that new items doens't spawn correctly (for not saiyng doesn't spawn at all) so my good old character is stuck with an infection and a shard in his hand. Maybe in some upcoming build this can be fixed or he's gonna have this shard forever?   :D

did you get some Tweezers and try to get the shard out? and of course a liberal dose of disinfectant

I took a fire in side and set it on a concrete floor and lit it I was really far away from the fire just in case things went south, and right after that I started getting injured from nothing my health continuously dropped and I died from nothing I looked on the health panel there was no harm done on my character . I just fell over dead I think this might be a bug.

Yep, I've advocated going back to just migrating the zombies across an area, at a flat rate of speed, and spawning them near the player, before. It's a shame there were several 20 page threads when that was tried by the developer, but there's something charming about being able to do, say, this: AuRXdZv.png

(Mind, they're not rounded off on the edges), that's just the line of sight.

But you definitely wouldn't be able to "handle," this. It'd be more of a "get the fuck out of there" thing. ;)

It's just a shame there was so much outrage when the meta-game was in full swing . . . :(

This looks like something out of the Day by Day trilogy. It had a intriguing spin on the zombie horde - the more zombies that massed the louder the moans and noise which attracts yet even more zombies. The horde would just continue to grow and grow and grow. Eventually it becomes this almost hurricane like force that rolls over entire towns and cities with its sheer size.

wow

what settings are this ? 

and its the exact same idea of what a horde should be and how it would come to be that I like.

and just evading a horde won´t matter if it reaches your safe house, its over.

unless you have max leveld walls and TRUCKLOADS of ammo

i am just wondering if there is some way i could continue my old save,because it is known that new items doens't spawn correctly (for not saiyng doesn't spawn at all) so my good old character is stuck with an infection and a shard in his hand. Maybe in some upcoming build this can be fixed or he's gonna have this shard forever?   :D

did you get some Tweezers and try to get the shard out? and of course a liberal dose of disinfectant

Nope,i cant find any tweezers or disinfectant or first aid kits in my old save and i think it is a known issue

New build 30.10!

• Fixed time passing, time was passing 2 times slower than usual, meaning the usual 1h day length was a 30min day length. If this feel too much for players, we'll bring back 30min day length as default.
  • /createhorde accepts an optional username.
  • Added "Move To > Floor" inventory context-menu option for controller players.
  • Added per-player auto-zoom options.
  • Put "You killed N zombies." on a separate line in the end-game text.
  • Prevent RestAction setting endurance > 1.
  • Fixed error counting connected players on the server.
  • Implemented DPadUp/Down/Left/Right= and added TriggerLeft/Right= in controller .config files.
  • Fixed each coop player taking up another server slot (port number).
  • Fixed unsmokeable cigarettes. (Issue #001131)
  • Fixed placing a fishing net not being synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed barricades on IsoThumpable window frames not blocking vision like regular windows. (Issue #001150)
  • Fixed adding sheets to IsoThumpable window frames. (Issue #001150)
  • Added Brazilian Portuguese Translation.
  • Added a broken fishing net: you got it when yours break, you can then craft it to have some wire back.
  • Limited "check fishing net trap" action max time.
  • No more fishing during winter.
  • Fixed "chopping tree" action endurance problem.
  • Fixed chopping tree "manually" not draining endurance.
  • Fixed "remove grass" bug in MP.
  • Added a ";" operator on Result in recipe, it allow you to make the result item with some used delta, like Result=Wire;3 will give a wire with only 3 uses left.
  • Added a Splint as crafted items for those who don't get that you need to right click on the health panel to make it (it's still possible).
  • Added some tooltip on health items so people understand it has to be used with the health menu.
  • Vinegar will spawn more often.
  • Lowered rain weather a tad.
  • Fixed a bug in the "slice cake" recipe (slices had full hunger reduction).
  • Fixed "ReplaceOnUse" not working on recipe. (for example not having your baking pan back when slicing the cake/pie)
  • Changed "Scotch Tape" to "Adhesive Tape" and "Bandaid" to "Adhesive Bandage"
  • Fixed "removing bandage" not return any bandage after loading a saved game.
  • Rain will stop according to game speed.
  • Increased sleep time multiplier.
  • Fixed upgrading weapon not working with some translations.
  • Plant don't loose health when not watered since long time anymore.
  • Decreased fatigue gain.
  • Fixed Canned Cabbages.

Awesome update RJ. I always found the time in survival passing too quickly and always played in Sandbox with a day length of 2 hours. Might give survival a go again now to see if I like the 1 hour day length. Imo it would be great to have an option to change the day length in survival. Would this be possible, as this doesn't alter the difficulty in any way?

Alters difficulty quite a bit, actually: you can now loot twice as many homes in the same period of in-game time .etc

Not a fan of the change, though. :P

Ah you're right, didn't look at it that way yet ;). For me 2 hours feels a bit more realistic because when I played survival for the first time half a day (might be exaggerating a bit :P) passed before I even went out on a loot run. But I understand this isn't an option difficulty wise

Just checking in, awhile ago I posted about basically eagle eye zombies even when their eye sight is set to poor.  Since that time I've completely reinstalled zomboid, after uninstalling and removing all folders and reinstalling to see if it was that.  It wasn't, zombies are still rediciously observant and can see you from a mile away even when you're sneaking.  I was just wondering if you had figured out if that was a bug, or if it was intentional and that only really high levels of stealth will be able to avoid zombies?  Cause as of right now walking outside of your starting house, even while sneaking, just basically gets you mauled on.  Before this change I generally had stealth up to at least level 1 or 2 before I even had enough experience in a weapon skill to level it up to 1 =p Now it's the opposite xD

New build 30.10!

What's the reason behind this? You can easily fish during winters much harsher then those in Kentucky. Even if your body of water is frozen you still can drill or chop a hole in the ice using an axe. What should be done is success rate of fishing should be lowered significantly - let's say 1/10 - 1/20 of normal success rate as fish are less active in winter. That's my opinion.

zimowe_pstragi_2.jpg

New build 30.10!

What's the reason behind this? You can easily fish during winters much harsher then those in Kentucky. Even if your body of water is frozen you still can drill or chop a hole in the ice using an axe. What should be done is success rate of fishing should be lowered significantly - let's say 1/10 - 1/20 of normal success rate as fish are less active in winter. That's my opinion.

zimowe_pstragi_2.jpg

Agree with you... man i still do Spearfishing in winter in the Atlantic Ocean when the see let me FFS XD so fishing with a line wouldnt be a problem... I think it should be reduced the chance of success too :)

New build 30.10!

• Fixed Canned Cabbages.

RedRadishes had the same problem and need to be fixed accordingly (replace "RedRadish=5" with "farming.RedRadish=5" in recipes.txt, recipe Open Canned Red Radishes).

Thx for the whole Build 30.10, its great and solved a lot of my problems (including microstutters). :)

New build 30.10!

zimowe_pstragi_2.jpg

Agree with you... man i still do Spearfishing in winter in the Atlantic Ocean when the see let me FFS XD so fishing with a line wouldnt be a problem... I think it should be reduced the chance of success too :)

There is fishing in winter, just lot less chance of catching anything.