RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Since Chopping Trees is harder now with exertion penaltys, shouldnt it give you something? like XP or/and Carpentry, Agility or Blade Points.

Its the same akt like hitting Zombies which gives you xp and Blade skill. :D please?

Chopping trees already gave you raw XP + Maintenance XP if I recall correctly.

hmm not getting any

ok:10 maintenance, only when hitting tree with combat mode not "cutdown tree"

You can get wax from bee hives to use to seal off cans. If that doesn't suit you, though, you can dry the fruits and vegetables and use the damaged lids to store them instead of pressure cooked foods. The seal would still be strong enough to keep out water if not bacteria and that won't matter because the bacteria won't be able to survive on the dried food to make it go bad. Heck, you could store the dried food without jarring it so long as it keeps dry.

You can get wax from bee hives to use to seal off cans. If that doesn't suit you, though, you can dry the fruits and vegetables and use the damaged lids to store them instead of pressure cooked foods. The seal would still be strong enough to keep out water if not bacteria and that won't matter because the bacteria won't be able to survive on the dried food to make it go bad. Heck, you could store the dried food without jarring it so long as it keeps dry.

Can already see it now..........survived years into the zombie apocalypse only to be taken out by an angry swarm of bees because you ran out of lids.

Can already see it now..........survived years into the zombie apocalypse only to be taken out by an angry swarm of bees because you ran out of lids.

Oh, just think of the stories the other survivors will tell of you.

Oh, just think of the stories the other survivors will tell of you.

Cataclysm is calling over..

Unless you're allergic to bees getting stung isn't deadly, just uncomfortable. And besides, if you're gonna be keeping bees you'd be stupid to not invest in a smoke pot to calm the bees down and heavy clothing to prevent being stung.

Generally speaking you'll have a higher chance of dying if the bees are africanized and that's only because they're really persistent. Regular bees will leave you alone once you stop bothering them and leave. Just take a sewing kit, a hat, some heavy clothing and some of that wire window screening and you'll be able to make yourself a functional bee suit that can protect you from getting stung well enough. Not entirely, maybe, but not anywhere near enough to kill you.

Unless you're allergic to bees getting stung isn't deadly, just uncomfortable. And besides, if you're gonna be keeping bees you'd be stupid to not invest in a smoke pot to calm the bees down and heavy clothing to prevent being stung.

you are right, get the bees high and you'll be fine.  lol

Regarding jars- part of my family is big into canning and I can confirm that you don't see the clamp down style lids very frequently around here. Department store I worked at in the past had a whole canning section and we never stocked them. I have seen them in people's homes before, but never in a store. Maybe as a very rare drop?

Properly canned and sealed stuff should last a long time (a year, at least), but you could always give the old can lids back and let people use them again with worse seals (a couple of months at most, though high enough sugar content can stop bacteria growth, which you might see from canning certain fruits).

I think you should want to farm in the spring/summer because it's good quantities and qualities of food that keep you well fed and happy throughout those months. In winter/fall you should want to trap or fish because it's what's available. Preferably, we need something to keep traping and fishing from being optimal year round. Preferably that would be either having supply be very limited, time spent to subsist on it very high, or nutrition suffer without fruits and veges. Optimally the game would encourage you to react to the seasons proactively rather than just pick a form of sustenance and roll with it.

Preferably that would be either having supply be very limited, time spent to subsist on it very high, or nutrition suffer without fruits and veges. Optimally the game would encourage you to react to the seasons proactively rather than just pick a form of sustenance and roll with it.

I think the incoming profession overhaul might make it harder to develope 2 different crafting/surviving skills effectively, players might focus mainly on one form of sustenance and live on the provisions they made during the sweet days + scavenging/looting/stealing/killing, or using any other surviving skill at level 0 and hope to catch something, or cannibalism.

As we now have a way to conserve vegetables on the long term, it would be nice to also have a way to do the same for meat and fish, like drying it or smoking it, or something along those lines... Maybe food preservation could require some cooking skills ? The higher the cooking skill, the longer the preservation.

If you don't want trapping to be ideal all around just have it so when you drag a slain animal you leave a blood trail that or the smell of captured animals attract zombies, if you increase the risk of others finding you. Or the dangers involved with trapping, it might discourage people.

I personally would like to see a lot more "Tracking" aspects added to the game. Like following blood trails would be the first thing on my list.

If you don't want trapping to be ideal all around just have it so when you drag a slain animal you leave a blood trail that or the smell of captured animals attract zombies, if you increase the risk of others finding you. Or the dangers involved with trapping, it might discourage people.

I personally would like to see a lot more "Tracking" aspects added to the game. Like following blood trails would be the first thing on my list.

Trapped animals are currently suppose to attract zombies, but I have yet to ever see it happen.

Maybe they need to make some more noise :D

Any word on when we can expect blood removal? If you're able to remove the foliage in erosion I can't imagine removing blood would be to far off, right? Moving bodies is nice but when you still got blood splattered all over your safe house it doesn't matter much.

I m sure this has been brought up before but, I would love to see silencers and bows and arrows/crossbow added in. They would be great for a good silent way to take out zeds. A 22lr with a silencer would be cool too. Maybe add them to the 9mm pistol, varmit rifle/hunting rifle but they would degrade durability more over time. As it is now, the shooting the hunting rifle is basicly like ringing the dinnerbell.

I just ran into a zombie AI weirdness again, I was fleeing a pretty large group (insane amount of slow shamblers, so groups are always large anyway) and as I wanted to shake them off my trail I went into a coffee, they started banging at the windows, and a few seconds later, no more banging, they lost interest and went in another direction. I didn't hear any meta event.

I just ran into a zombie AI weirdness again, I was fleeing a pretty large group (insane amount of slow shamblers, so groups are always large anyway) and as I wanted to shake them off my trail I went into a coffee, they started banging at the windows, and a few seconds later, no more banging, they lost interest and went in another direction. I didn't hear any meta event.

I reported this in General Discussion on the tactics thread. Zombies lose memory of you real quick sometimes, and I have no idea why. I can only imagine it might be a side effect of that zombie moans attract other zombies thing. 

I m sure this has been brought up before but, I would love to see silencers and bows and arrows/crossbow added in. They would be great for a good silent way to take out zeds. A 22lr with a silencer would be cool too. Maybe add them to the 9mm pistol, varmit rifle/hunting rifle but they would degrade durability more over time. As it is now, the shooting the hunting rifle is basicly like ringing the dinnerbell.

I'd be against the addition of silencers. Mostly because they don't work in real life like they do in the movies. Real life silencers don't do hardly anything to reduce noise.

I'd love to have bows and arrows, though. That would be awesome.