RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Yep, washing bandages in water (non-boiling water, at the very least) is going to pre-civil-war era tech, I reckon . . . Would rather just have the extra step of cleaning the bandage and the wound, rather than one or the other, for the sake of realism.

Nice thing about having two or three types of antibiotics in the game, though: modeling basic allergies to them. Even if they have the same effect, providing a trait or two that restricts their use could be a fun way to RP, as Dreprav indicates.

Damn, I've fallen into the trap of suggesting things, too!

Wait, so we have antibiotics now?

Where do i found them? Also yeah, a allergic trait would be fun to have around now.

Yep, washing bandages in water (non-boiling water, at the very least) is going to pre-civil-war era tech, I reckon . . . Would rather just have the extra step of cleaning the bandage and the wound, rather than one or the other, for the sake of realism.

Nice thing about having two or three types of antibiotics in the game, though: modeling basic allergies to them. Even if they have the same effect, providing a trait or two that restricts their use could be a fun way to RP, as Dreprav indicates.

Damn, I've fallen into the trap of suggesting things, too!

Wait, so we have antibiotics now?

Where do i found them? Also yeah, a allergic trait would be fun to have around now.

no. no Anti- Biotics in the game right now

unless RJ snuck them in while i was somewhere else doing some random thing

I know maybe my question got answered in previous posts but how can u tell that a wound is healed and u have to remove the bandages. Because i got a deep wound , i removed the glass shards from my wound , i closed my wound with a suture needle , apply a bandage. But after like 3 days i removed the stitches but my wound reopened i had to close it again. There is any way to find out when the wound is healed? And yeah just went to cortman haven't seen any antibiotics. I think they are pretty rare.

A little more feedback about the medical system.........

Would it be possible to make treating wounds on the health panel area sensitive? This would help cut down on a lot of confusion about what you have or haven't treated yet.

For example, if I right-click on the left hand, it will only show treatment options for the left hand. If I click in the right forearm area, it will only show treatments for the right forearm, etc etc. I know it can be a bit confusing, since when looking at the panel, from my point of view its the "right" hand, but its actually the left hand treatment wise. Making it area sensitive will make it a lot more user friendly.

It can remove the scope, etc. from handguns and rifles.

You will not be able to re-install it and remove the weapon parts.

Will do specification has changed?

Or bug?

From what I have seen you should be able to add and remove upgrades at will if you have a screwdriver in your inventory and the upgrade fits on the gun. If not it is possibly a bug.

It can remove the scope, etc. from handguns and rifles.

You will not be able to re-install it and remove the weapon parts.

Will do specification has changed?

Or bug?

From what I have seen you should be able to add and remove upgrades at will if you have a screwdriver in your inventory and the upgrade fits on the gun. If not it is possibly a bug.

Thank you for letting me know.

why cant I use my controller with the game v30

Is the controller an Xbox 360 controller? Have to checked the corresponding box in the settings?

yah I did its that I plugged it in after I started the game thats all.

Oh. Yeah thats a problem right now it seems. There is a bug report in the tracker but its a problem that cannot be fixed because of how JInput handles devices.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-1059-controllers-are-only-detected-at-launch-of-the-game/

Is the controller an Xbox 360 controller? Have to checked the corresponding box in the settings?

Oh. Yeah thats a problem right now it seems. There is a bug report in the tracker but its a problem that cannot be fixed because of how JInput handles devices.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-1059-controllers-are-only-detected-at-launch-of-the-game/

common in many games i have played for the game to not recognize a controller plugged in AFTER the game has started. whether a standard controller or my G27 steering wheel.

but seriously, always try closing the game, plugging in the controller, THEN starting the game to see if it works before asking why something does not work. saves you the time of waiting and hoping for an answer and helps us try to solve a problem if it did not work.

Sorry, but since when has "sleep # hours" been a thing? This was a great addition of which I had no knowledge! It hasn't been mentioned in the changelogs afaik.

I love that you have an option for #hours of sleep now, but I would love it even more if I only had that option if I had an alarm clock with a battery or with the power still on.

Realistically, I can't go to sleep and tell myself to only sleep for 3 hours, but I love being able to in game :D

If antibiotics are not available silver (e.g., jewlery, silverware, coins) can be used to treat infected wounds (http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2006/may/Maillard/Focus-On-Silver.html).

and WEREWOLVES!

Sorry, but since when has "sleep # hours" been a thing? This was a great addition of which I had no knowledge! It hasn't been mentioned in the changelogs afaik.

I love that you have an option for #hours of sleep now, but I would love it even more if I only had that option if I had an alarm clock with a battery or with the power still on.

Realistically, I can't go to sleep and tell myself to only sleep for 3 hours, but I love being able to in game :D

Yep, would love to see this depicted in a more realistic way.

Having variable periods of sleep based on how tired you are would also be neat.

Could we have set zombies at certain points? Like, owners of houses (Who carry the keys for said houses,) every now and then spawning around their owned houses, allowing the player to enter those houses easily, and can we have bodies that are spread around the place in certain places (like telling the different stories of survivors, You enter a house, find a blood splatter on a wall, follow the blood up the stairs and come upon a couple zombie corpses next to a survivor corpse, or just the zombie corpses (showing that the survivor got up and walked away (as a zombie, most likely,) and so on).

I understand if this would be too difficult at this point, but I hope something like this would appear in the future

If antibiotics are not available silver (e.g., jewlery, silverware, coins) can be used to treat infected wounds (http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2006/may/Maillard/Focus-On-Silver.html).

and WEREWOLVES!

Well, a research in the  US National Library of Medicine yield to 2429 scientific articles on the use of silver in wound treatment (for an review on the history of silver in medical use see Alexander, 2009). However, no results were found for the use of silver against werewolves. So don't count on silver if you have to deal with werewolves ;) .

common in many games i have played for the game to not recognize a controller plugged in AFTER the game has started. whether a standard controller or my G27 steering wheel.

but seriously, always try closing the game, plugging in the controller, THEN starting the game to see if it works before asking why something does not work. saves you the time of waiting and hoping for an answer and helps us try to solve a problem if it did not work.

I did try plugging it in and then starting the game but what happened was I didn't enable the controller then closing the game then starting the game and then use it.

I did try plugging it in and then starting the game but what happened was I didn't enable the controller then closing the game then starting the game and then use it.

ok..............that is not what you wrote above.....

but as long as you got it working, then all is good

now watch out for those darn zombies