RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

I thought about a sandbox infection chance option, I just need to check if there's no bug in the code about infection...

I've actually been thinking the more options you can add to the sandbox settings, the more we (the players) can try & tweak stuff to find the perfect balance for the futur of survival mod. I think it would be a good way to make your workload lighter when it comes to balancing all those features, giving us alpha testers a concrete thing to look for ;o

Maybe an "adanved settings" pannel with some more precise tweaks as we're not all modders and not confident when it comes to modifying the files of the game.

Really don't know how that's possible . . . you're just asking for a GUI for the text files, aren't you?

I'm not sure spending a lot of time adding more sandbox settings is necessarily the best way to save them time/effort. If it's something really simple, then sure, but going through and adding a slew of stuff they don't actually feel is right for people to have access to? Maybe not.

Is it possible to be infected but not have any of the symptoms (Agony, Sickness) until you are about to be die from Zombification? I've lost two characters now because their health just suddenly started dropping with no symptoms at all but they started getting queasy once it dropped. Still no Pain. The healthdrop is stupid fast too, even very well fed only slows it down.

I'm pretty sure that if you increase the day length in sandbox, everything takes longer as well. So you would have more time to heal yourself, or deal with any health problems. That's why the health drop is so fast, it's because the day length isn't very long. But then again, I'm not sure if the day length affects the health bar. I know it affects cooking and reading though.

(Just a little bit of info, in case you didn't know.)

Really don't know how that's possible . . . you're just asking for a GUI for the text files, aren't you?

I'm not sure spending a lot of time adding more sandbox settings is necessarily the best way to save them time/effort. If it's something really simple, then sure, but going through and adding a slew of stuff they don't actually feel is right for people to have access to? Maybe not.

Well yeah I extrapoled the idea a bit, but basically they just have to keep doing what they're already started to do : adding more options to the sandbox, like they did with the farming speed, probably because it's been discussed a lot on the forums. Adding an option in the sandbox when they face some doubts about something or receive critics/suggestions from the community to allow us to try and give feedback instead of a ping-pong game between Nerf and Buff each new version. (For already implemented quantifiable features ofc)

Is it possible to be infected but not have any of the symptoms (Agony, Sickness) until you are about to be die from Zombification? I've lost two characters now because their health just suddenly started dropping with no symptoms at all but they started getting queasy once it dropped. Still no Pain. The healthdrop is stupid fast too, even very well fed only slows it down.

I'm pretty sure that if you increase the day length in sandbox, everything takes longer as well. So you would have more time to heal yourself, or deal with any health problems. That's why the health drop is so fast, it's because the day length isn't very long. But then again, I'm not sure if the day length affects the health bar. I know it affects cooking and reading though.

I didn't know that thanks! I was playing survival. I guess infected wounds might be causing this? Both the characters had wounds that were infected for a while but there was a significant time delay between the infected wound healing completely and the illness setting in. Still surprised by how fast that apparently kills you though.

e: There should probably be some kind of warning that the wound didnt just have a minor infection but was festering or something and that it's something you definitely should be paying medical attention too. An illness/wound infection doing absolutely nothing until the wound is long healed and then suddenly killing your character in two ingame hours seems very broken.

I can confirm this.  The amount of time infection takes is dependent on the game's speed setting as far as I know.  I was poking around in the code the other day and noticed that the rate at which you are infected is multiplied by a "game speed modifier" which, while I didn't look into it, I can only assume means that the day length setting for the game modifies the real life amount of time infection takes.

EDIT: Added sentence to beginning of post that tl;drs it.

I'd like to know where those text files are so I could first try it myself and then make a 'how to' -tutorial if I'd know enough. I've been searching around the lua for this stuff (especially the window permalock chance), but have had no luck as of yet. :(

I thought about a sandbox infection chance option, I just need to check if there's no bug in the code about infection...

I've actually been thinking the more options you can add to the sandbox settings, the more we (the players) can try & tweak stuff to find the perfect balance for the futur of survival mod. I think it would be a good way to make your workload lighter when it comes to balancing all those features, giving us alpha testers a concrete thing to look for ;o

Maybe an "adanved settings" pannel with some more precise tweaks as we're not all modders and not confident when it comes to modifying the files of the game.

This is one of the best ideas I've seen so far. Please, anything to help the devs load and allow more people to give more detailed feedback for them to work with.

I want hardcore RP options.

1.You cant see other people names:

a)only they are very near you or

b)they say her own name with an local chat command or

c)they take of a special item that has the effect to hide the name

2.Zombie spawn outside the map and walk into the playable map or they spawn only very far away from player activities.Because right now the spawn very fast in cleared areas......

3.NPCs that has an friendly charakter and see you do unfriendly things can peach against you to other players when they chat with them.

I dont want an Server where everyone live in peace and the only enemy are the zombies or npcs.

I want it like real life.

I seem to be having an issue with the loot respawn. I was reading a Steam thread where a player was complaining about zombie corpses in the area preventing any loot respawn and I seem to be hitting that issue. I have set my loot respawn to 1 hour as a test and I can run through houses far away from my base and loot them and return later and have more loot. But in other places like Cortman Medical where there are corpses I have never seen any loot respawn. I was going to submit a bug ticket but didn't know if this was known or not. 

Also the new medical and erosion systems are awesome! Thanks!

It kinda makes sense. In RL if you break your leg you get a cast/splint and a crutch so you can still move around, then eventually they take the cast/splint but you still have to use the crutch since the leg isn't fully healed and can't yet stand normal day-to-day stresses without the crutch.

I guess they could introduce "Partially healed fracture" where you can remove the splint without downsides, except that the fracture can re-break if you sprint or carry too much before it is fully healed.

You dont understand, the problem is that after a week, still with the splint, the character brutally run continusly, i dont press the "run" key but the character runs.

I really love the new medical system, seriously, a big ad to the game !

FYI for anyone running the game in Linux. If the game won't launch from Steam on the IWBUMS branch, it may be due to the following reason I just ran into myself:

The "projectzomboid.sh" script that launches the game has bad line endings/format. You can easily fix it by installing the "dos2unix" converter available in most distros and running it on that file.

# ./projectzomboid.sh
bash: ./projectzomboid.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

# dos2unix projectzomboid.sh

dos2unix: converting file projectzomboid.sh to Unix format ...

# ./projectzomboid.sh
Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option UseSplitVerifier; support was removed in 8.0

(game launches as expected)

Simple oversite by whoever last saved the file on the current steam IWBUMS branch. And very simple fix that most Linux users probably already know. Figured I'd go ahead and mention it anyway just in case.

Thank you, TIS for this very anticipated update. I've been looking forward to the new environmental changes since I first heard the announcement.

FYI for anyone running the game in Linux. If the game won't launch from Steam on the IWBUMS branch, it may be due to the following reason I just ran into myself:

The "projectzomboid.sh" script that launches the game has bad line endings/format. You can easily fix it by installing the "dos2unix" converter available in most distros and running it on that file.

# ./projectzomboid.sh

bash: ./projectzomboid.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

# dos2unix projectzomboid.sh

dos2unix: converting file projectzomboid.sh to Unix format ...

# ./projectzomboid.sh

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option UseSplitVerifier; support was removed in 8.0

(game launches as expected)

Simple oversite by whoever last saved the file on the current steam IWBUMS branch. And very simple fix that most Linux users probably already know. Figured I'd go ahead and mention it anyway just in case.

Thank you, TIS for this very anticipated update. I've been looking forward to the new environmental changes since I first heard the announcement.

The good news is TIS is aware of this according to the bug tracker, so hopefully this will be fixed when they push this branch to stable.

i know its probably been brought up and i dont see it at the front of this forum post but will cutting down grass and such add by erosion be added this build or next build cos right now its a bit weird laying floor down or putting dirt down and the erosion stuff is on top of it.

I agree. It is a problem. Hopefully we will get something to work with.

i know its probably been brought up and i dont see it at the front of this forum post but will cutting down grass and such add by erosion be added this build or next build cos right now its a bit weird laying floor down or putting dirt down and the erosion stuff is on top of it.

I wanted to do it but ran out of time before the week-end, and I wanted you guys to have a release before week-end :D

You absolutely need to tweek how fast non-zombie sickness kills you. In default survival going for a three hour nap completely healthy with absolutely no symptoms at all you should not be dying before you wake up.

Edit: I'm saving the game and doing a backup everytime now before I go looting or go to sleep since I have no idea if my character is suddenly going to be leaking health like he broke both his legs and his neck. I'll try and get a save file directly before the healtdrop happens and post it here so you can take a look at it if maybe it's a bug or something.

Edit2: Made a gif of my health dropping during sleep, but fucked up the save in the process. 

9kFFIL6.gif

This is 25 ingame minutes.

This actually happened to SirTwiggy on his stream a few days ago, see here http://www.twitch.tv/sirtwiggy/b/592737576?t=3h32m55s

They speculate that it might be poison berries, which I think is still insane in how quickly and with how little warning that kills you, or that it doesn't even give an explanation as to what happened.

I wanted to do it but ran out of time before the week-end, and I wanted you guys to have a release before week-end :D

Its alright RJ. The preview we got was worth it :).

The game really needs more types of injuries like if you got in a big fight with a group of zombies and took some hits maybe you could get bruises and different varieties of scratches such as Light, Broke the skin, Deep I just think that these would be really interesting in the game.

because i recently got in a fight with a horde of infected in single player and I nearly died due to being cornered by twenty zeds and all i had was a baseball bat i somehow did not get bitten but I was on the verge of dying so i checked my medical sheet and i just had a couple of scratches i would like to see huge cuts across my body and bruises etc.

I have two questions:

First, is gun ammo considered "weapons" or "other" in sandbox options?

Second, I had an accidental fracture which has had a splint for around a week now. The pain is gone, but I still walk really slow.

Will this ever improve? Do I rest for another week and speed the days up? Because if I take the splint off, the fracture comes back

Edit: My walking/running speed appears to be normal now, 2 days after the pain stops. But the injury is still in the health window, and i'm sprinting with a splint attached which I can't remove because the fracture will return. Is this normal, or something that needs to be fixed? Really enjoying this update by the way, besides this issue

ran into a strange anomaly while looting the mall on a sandbox game, low zombies setting with most options set to Normal. playing with the 3D settings, as you will see in the last 5 minutes, seemed to fix the problem

when dying, the zombies bodies would become ........a piece of art. i don't quite know how to explain it, just watch

http://www.twitch.tv/syfy2k4/b/594519441

system is amd 8350 at 4.3Ghz, 8 gigs 1600 Gskill Ram, Asus Sabretooth 990FX Mobo running the latest version of OBS

if having the actual savegame would help, let me know

New update! 30.5 :

Tim's stuff

Spoiler

My stuff

Spoiler

New update! 30.5 :

Tim's stuff

Spoiler
  • Fixed fertilize and shovel farming actions not stopping when player walks/runs.
  • Don't add ping time to GameTime.geTimeOfDay() in GameServer.syncClock().
  • Fixed Core.bLastStand not getting set to false after backing out of a Last Stand game.
  • Fixed sandbox options resizing. (Issue #001067)
  • Fixed 3D corpse texture background not being cleared due to stencil test. (Issue #001016)
  • Added "dead zone" to controller .config files, plus "Reload .config files" button in the options.
  • Fixed mod clothing item icons not loading.
  • Fixed farming problems (translations issues) (Issue #001053)
  • Fixed barricade issues. (Issue #001030)

My stuff

Spoiler
  • Added remove grass/bushes
  • Removed starting erosion sandbox for a "time since apocalypse" which also do the food age
  • Increased grow time for all vegetables
  • Decrease health regen
  • Decrease fall damage
  • Decrerase health loss for wounds
  • Now give back the correct item you splinted with (tree branch, plank..) and not always a plank
  • You now can't run with a splint (even if the fracture is gone)
  • Fixed remove stitch bug
  • Now show if your leg is splinted in the health panel even if the fracture is gone
  • Give the bowl back when you put a cake batter in a baking pan
And where was 30.4 ??