RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see all this! In Bedford Falls you see many ladders scattered around the world, although unusable, I couldn't help but think; What about sewers? With ladders being implemented, and possibly crafted, so many possibilities could arise, including sewers for quick but murky and dark travel, to scaling the side of a building :)

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see all this! In Bedford Falls you see many ladders scattered around the world, although unusable, I couldn't help but think; What about sewers? With ladders being implemented, and possibly crafted, so many possibilities could arise, including sewers for quick but murky and dark travel, to scaling the side of a building :)

I wonder if going underground is possible using the current systems they have implemented for the map. I wonder because I have never seen one house or building with a basement. Would be cool though.

Quick question :)

When you need to (the devs) update PZ on steam do you need to wait for steam to give the all clear or can you upload when you want to?

Just thinking of a another game on steam and it has a console version but never gets updates due to cost and time updating on xbox :(

You don't need Steam's approval for updating your game. I can imagine this is different on the xbox, though.

When you need to (the devs) update PZ on steam do you need to wait for steam to give the all clear or can you upload when you want to?

Just thinking of a another game on steam and it has a console version but never gets updates due to cost and time updating on xbox :(

You don't need Steam's approval for updating your game. I can imagine this is different on the xbox, though.

Yes, pretty sure Microsoft has to OK things, much like Apple.

Yeah Microsoft used to charge developers a ridiculous fee to push a patch (Up to $40,000) but has since stopped doing that (They claim).

http://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-costs-40000-to-patch-a-console-game

Would it be possible to introduce a "Master Volume" option? The default volume is quite loud on my system and I have to adjust everything else in the background around Project Zomboid or adjust the three current sound sliders around whatever it is I'm running in the background. Currently I'm alt-tabbing and using the Windows-Volume slider which is somewhat cumbersome.

Don't know if some one already say it : my character get a broken leg, so i heal it, spend around a little week around my base with eating and sleeping a lot. After this little week (dont know exactly the number of days) my character didn't walk slowly at all, he was running, even when i just want to walk ! More than that, the character runs but if i remove the splint my leg still broken !

Think there is just a little problem somewhere !

It kinda makes sense. In RL if you break your leg you get a cast/splint and a crutch so you can still move around, then eventually they take the cast/splint but you still have to use the crutch since the leg isn't fully healed and can't yet stand normal day-to-day stresses without the crutch.

I guess they could introduce "Partially healed fracture" where you can remove the splint without downsides, except that the fracture can re-break if you sprint or carry too much before it is fully healed.

I wonder if going underground is possible using the current systems they have implemented for the map. I wonder because I have never seen one house or building with a basement. Would be cool though.

Not possible currently.

I think heal time across the board needs to be vastly longer. Making a mistake should be of huge cost. If you don't have friends around- probably the ultimate mistake. After all, that's what PZ is about. Reward people for being prepared who might have somewhere to lay low until they heal and have a plethora of medical and food supplies to see them through. Don't have that? As good as dead.

Love this build. Medical revamp makes things very interessting.
My problem also comes with fractures. I disinfect my shin, then splint it, and sometimes the pain will go away but it seems no matter how light I am, or how easy I take it (played farmer at the base for about 10 ingame days) it never gets better. do I just have to not move at all, or are broken legs....well, broken?

First sorry for my bad english skills.

1.The Crowbar looks like the baseball bat when you swing it.

2. Some times it looks like you hold nothing in your had when you swing an melee weapon.

3.Some time zombies tries to bite you even when you behind them or more than 2meters away.

4.Hit an running zombie against the head when he is running at you and you can hit his whole body through an wall and after this he is in the room behind this wall.

5.When an House has 2 or more floors and in one of them is an window but when you climb outside with an rope you dont get to the ground you fall to the roof and standing after it in the first floor of the house.

6.every Object under an window has no collision model (you can walk over it)

7.Zombies spawn in an range 6metres around you after a while........ you cant clear an area or be safe in an self build Fort/house.The zombies span in there too.

8.when you play with mouse and keyboard and you want to hit an zombie that is falling down some times you character turning 180° around so the zombie on the ground is behind him and so your character dos nothing.....

9.The animation when you hit an zombie with an hunting knife directly in his head is to far away and not sync whit the animation of the zombie that is dying.

I hope there comes more fix patches before build 30 is released.

-snip-

1. Intentional. There's no alternative model for it yet.

2. Bug

3. Chances are you've just recently moved; they're just finishing their attack where you once were. But yes, it looks weird.

4. Should have been fixed -- what build are you playing?

5. Intentional. It used to kill you, as roofs do not have collision right now.

6. Intentional. The alternative is getting stuck in objects or popping out in front of them. There is no crawling animation.

7. This should already be fixed by the zoning system. Where on the map are you building?

8. The attack should still complete, but bug.

9. Bug.

Thanks for the feedback. Remember, the bug tracker is here, though: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/

Anybody else having an issue where every time a person logs into a server, the port they take up remains taken even if they leave? Seeing this happen in the CMD prompt for my server. Also, the person I'm co-oping with is having MASSIVE ping issues now, whereas we didn't notice anything significant prior, any idea what could be causing this?

Yeah Microsoft used to charge developers a ridiculous fee to push a patch (Up to $40,000) but has since stopped doing that (They claim).

http://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-costs-40000-to-patch-a-console-game

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Zombie bite = death anyway :)

Not if you are in the lucky 4%

That percentage is a myth by now.

Will we be able to edit this % possibly?

I love extremely difficult sandbox settings, but when I play with friends who aren't as experienced it would be neat to give them a slightly higher chance of living.

I thought about a sandbox infection chance option, I just need to check if there's no bug in the code about infection...

I've actually been thinking the more options you can add to the sandbox settings, the more we (the players) can try & tweak stuff to find the perfect balance for the futur of survival mod. I think it would be a good way to make your workload lighter when it comes to balancing all those features, giving us alpha testers a concrete thing to look for ;o

Maybe an "adanved settings" pannel with some more precise tweaks as we're not all modders and not confident when it comes to modifying the files of the game.

I thought about a sandbox infection chance option, I just need to check if there's no bug in the code about infection...

I've actually been thinking the more options you can add to the sandbox settings, the more we (the players) can try & tweak stuff to find the perfect balance for the futur of survival mod. I think it would be a good way to make your workload lighter when it comes to balancing all those features, giving us alpha testers a concrete thing to look for ;o

Maybe an "adanved settings" pannel with some more precise tweaks as we're not all modders and not confident when it comes to modifying the files of the game.

This is one of the best ideas I've seen so far. Please, anything to help the devs load and allow more people to give more detailed feedback for them to work with.

Is it possible to be infected but not have any of the symptoms (Agony, Sickness) until you are about to be die from Zombification? I've lost two characters now because their health just suddenly started dropping with no symptoms at all but they started getting queasy once it dropped. Still no Pain. The healthdrop is stupid fast too, even very well fed only slows it down.