RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Its from the wound.

That's what I was wondering, because the question was about how to prevent getting glass in you from climbing through the windows. I raised a question about that back on page 1, and I didn't know if there was a method to prevent glass from getting into you, like throwing a tarp or pillow over the window, or knocking away the dangerous glass from the window with a bat or something.

Its from the wound.

That's what I was wondering, because the question was about how to prevent getting glass in you from climbing through the windows. I raised a question about that back on page 1, and I didn't know if there was a method to prevent glass from getting into you, like throwing a tarp or pillow over the window, or knocking away the dangerous glass from the window with a bat or something.

No way of doing it so far, but it'll come :)

Some more feedback :-)

Imo the wounds are healing too fast. Burns are gone after 2-3 days. Same time for broken bones etc. That speed reduction is great thing, real and dangerous.

I would love to see more injuries and sicknes that dont affect hp but give us negative traits like speed and aiming penalties. Flu, food poisoning etc.

A little problem with XBOX 360 controller used for player 2 : when player 2 close his inventory, the character make an attack. Not a real problem when just a hammer equiped, but when he have a pistol equip the character shots, and this is a problem ! 

I've experienced this once and more frequently my toon moves on their own occasionally to the north west!

I've experienced this once and more frequently my toon moves on their own occasionally to the north west!

May want to take a look at your controller in Window's calibration tool. Sounds like one of the joy sticks might be drifting (PZ really does need a dead zone setting, if it doesn't already have it).

Imo the wounds are healing too fast. Burns are gone after 2-3 days. Same time for broken bones etc.

Aye, I'd love to see something closer to realistic timeframes, such as 2-12 weeks for the worst injuries, rather than just a few days.

Could decrease negatives as the wound heals, as well, so it's less of a barrier to fun gameplay.

As asked By Robert Johnson, i'm reposting my questions

Hi Everyone!

First of All, Build 30  works amazingly fine :wub: , maybe still some balancing on the sandbox options to do but game is funnier than ever and Xbox controller option is well implemented..

Maybe im missing something but i didnt find any notice about keys mapping of the controller and i have two options i can't use with it that still make me use keyboard..Goin to try to explain it with my frenchy English : :blush:

1.I can't expand lists of objects.Means if i have for ex 6 bowls i can't switch to list mod to select just one of those so i have to open it with keyboard. This becomes more annoying when i'm cooking, as the "cook/burn" bar only appears when lists are expanded. So first question is : can i extend lists with my controller without having to use my keyboard? If yes then, how? If no then, when? :P

2. About the selector menu that pops up when pressing select button : options choice doesnt seem to work .Is it me? :cry:

Until then, have fun folks!! 8-)

Imo the wounds are healing too fast. Burns are gone after 2-3 days. Same time for broken bones etc.

Aye, I'd love to see something closer to realistic timeframes, such as 2-12 weeks for the worst injuries, rather than just a few days.

Could decrease negatives as the wound heals, as well, so it's less of a barrier to fun gameplay.

Same here, what I pictured in my mind about those kind of injuries was a kate&baldspot-like scenario ! Being barelly able to do anything (at least for the first days) and being in the need for someone (player/NPC) to care for you.

2-3 days healing is what I need when my thighs are sore after intense training ;o

New update (30.2) :

A little more feedback on the hard sandbox preset "8 months after the apocalypse":

- It is indeed possible to survive with foraging, when you made it to level 2. This is what I did time and again. I foraged for a day with a nap midday to collect the material needed for the stone axes and hammers and the food. I then tried to find a trowel and a saw in the town, but I couldn't find any before I did from a stupid mistake. One bite and you're gone.

I guess this works as intended then. You're somewhere on the outskirts of the town and just barely survive there. Unfortunately there is some stuff you can't craft yourself and you have to somehow make your way into town to loot.

- I absolutely love the cold. I know balancing is for later and it already feels right. It should be more frequent though, maybe with extremely rare water-proof clothes with deteriorating condition just like the weapons.

- Please have two layers of clothes to fight the cold. I hope this is easy to do.

- There is a work around for the missing saw. You can destroy doors and then use the planks to fortify and build the water barrels. Without the trowel there is no staying at home though.

- I can't sneak around town. It is still clearing an area and it is a pain in the ass without a proper weapon. Quite often I didn't have any weapon and was pushing zombies till the fell down and I stomped them to death.

Some feedback on the build......

1. Put a hard cap on skill points. Right now if you jack up the XP multiplier to 1000x, your gonna hear the level up sound nonstop. I don't see a reason for skill points to exceed over a 100.

2. Would it be possible to split up the XP multiplier bonus to individual groups (and if that is not possible, at least sub groups). Having the bonus apply to combat/agility skills simply ends up turning you into superman when all you were intending do was to boost the horribly slow XP rate of foraging or if you were simply wanting a boost for crafting skills.

Although I frequently climbed through broken windows, I just managed to get cut by glass once (1 time in 75 tries while beeing heavily loaded). Am I a lucky bastard or is the probability of this injury set too low?

Is it possible to associate the risk of injuries with some moodlets? For example, panic and tiredness are associated with a higher risk of injuries.

And suggestion:

Cuts and burns when cooking with low Cooking level  :lol:

Very much do not want. Don't feel people should be punished when they have to grind just to level up. I'd rather mistakes be by the user: letting food cook too long and start a fire, for example.

Although I frequently climbed through broken windows, I just managed to get cut by glass once (1 time in 75 tries while beeing heavily loaded). Am I a lucky bastard or is the probability of this injury set too low?

It should be about a 10% chance right now.

Wouldn't want it to be more than that until there's actually a way to clean a window sill of glass . . . should be relatively difficult to injure yourself doing this unless you're in a mad panic to get through it.

And suggestion:

Cuts and burns when cooking with low Cooking level  :lol:

Very much do not want. Don't feel people should be punished when they have to grind just to level up. I'd rather mistakes be by the user: letting food cook too long and start a fire, for example.

It should be about a 10% chance right now.

Wouldn't want it to be more than that until there's actually a way to clean a window sill of glass . . . should be relatively difficult to injure yourself doing this unless you're in a mad panic to get through it.

I totally agree that a 10% chance is high enough and shouldn't be higher. However, atm neither panic nor being exhausted seem to make climbing through broken windows more risky. I would appreciate if this is related to moodles.

I counted the times getting injured and I climbed through broken windows 567 times so far. So it seems that I am a lucky bastard, cause my chance of getting injured is just 1.4% :P  (Independent of moodles like "strong panic" or "exhausted" being present).